• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Speaking of overlapping types

My first competitive team for X and Y had 3 dragons without me noticing

Goodra, Tyrantrum and Mega Ampharos

In the generation that introduced a new dragon killer I added 3 dragon types
That's one of the reasons I wanted a Fairy type on my team, since I have the pure Dragon Goodra.

Though one of the good things about Goodra is that it can learn a powerful Poison attack that can OHKO Fairy types.

...Besides the couple of Steel/Fairy types, those are a nuisance.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Hey, colored names in User Viewing is back.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dream Team is an RPG so I will forgive that one, but I am trying my damndest to forget the NSMB games exist.
What was so bad about them?

I had a lot of fun with 4 player mario games

Plus Penguin suit rocks

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Alright, I think I'm pretty set on Hawlucha. It looks so small compared to the others. Though Mismagius should be almost the same size.

Gardevoir is a decent choice, too.

Maybe I should just go with Lapras for Surf. It does have a unique overworld sprite, that's pretty neat.

...Tyranitar can learn Surf for some reason. This isn't getting much easier.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Alright, I think I'm pretty set on Hawlucha. It looks so small compared to the others. Though Mismagius should be almost the same size.

Maybe I should just go with Lapras for Surf. It does have a unique overworld sprite, that's pretty neat.

the pink of the others actually looks good with the cyan of gardevoir and hawlucha

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So I was lurking Miiverse and came across this:
Reported for inappropriate content.

Yes. Moar Hawlucha power.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
the pink of the others actually looks good with the cyan of gardevoir and hawlucha
Well I do like my shades of purple/pink and greenish colours.

I really like Scolipede, but I don't know if I should add it to this particular team. None of them would be able to Surf either.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it's goodra that ties it together with his cyan cheeks and tail dots

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I think I've finally decided on the final team. I could always swap Scolipede out for Lapras whenever Surf is required.

Now actually trying to assemble this team will be even harder...

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Anyone picking up a Hori controller that launches on November 21st? They are nice alternatives for those who do not want to buy the gamecube adapter. They plug into Wii-Motes and can even act as Classic controllers for VC games. This is all old news but they really look amazing. Don't forget that they are backed by Nintendo so their quality is of no concern. They come in 4 variants. Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Peach.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyone picking up a Hori controller that launches on November 21st? They are nice alternatives for those who do not want to buy the gamecube adapter. They plug into Wii-Motes and can even act as Classic controllers for VC games. This is all old news but they really look amazing. Don't forget that they are backed by Nintendo so their quality is of no concern. They come in 4 variants. Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Peach.

I'd so get the Mario controller. So clean. I'd also like to find a Mega Man one like this too.

Morbi

Scavenger

I would consider one if they did not have Mario character symbols on them. :4jigglypuff:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I think it was someone in the social thread who mentioned the themes not being clear since they had gem names. Reminded me I wanted to make icons for the themes and had forgotten.

So themes have icons in the selector box thing now

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I like the improvement in the "Users viewing thread". Now it's possible to tell at a glance who's who.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Good morning!

So, my username is now red on that Users Viewing Thread thingy? Good.

Anyway, only 10 days for the release! Hype levels slowly increasing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd like Amethyst the I don't think the magenta goes with the lighter grey color

I think it needs a darker contrast

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I know I'm late on this demo, but I finally got it. Decided I couldn't wait any longer.

I'm very happy with how this game was handled. 10/10 vs Brawl. Mega Man is my top favorite compared to the other characters. A note about Mega Man: if you stick an opponent with a crash bomb, use your normal (a) to pressure their shield and make them keep their distance. I recently just ate up Pikachu's shield with sticky pressuring without too much hassle. Pretty cool combo. I hate his (b)v attack though. Maybe I just don't use it right. *shrug*

Also, I have one complaint I hope is patched: Mega Man's Smash Attack being treated as a reflectable attack. Seriously, I do not appreciate villager pocketing my charged blast. That's just bull****. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pokemon anime there shouldn't be more than one mewtwo

Next your going to tell me there is more than one arceus

Arceus egg

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
There isn't an explanation, from what I understand. Not that it matters. The Anime never made sense. :v
I disagree with this.
Everyone says Ash not being able to age is nonsense, when clearly he was granted eternal life by Ho-Oh at the beginning of the anime. ;)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Just what I wanted to see; more ridiculous code begging.

...welp. Never seen that before.
I've actually seen this kind of thing before.
I don't agree with the method though.
As I am sure her issue with the job is related to the corporate bull**** and not her co-workers, yet her co-workers get the worst of it.
By being humiliated on live television.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom