• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Falco reminds me of this one time a turkey vulture slammed into the front window of the school bus I was on during elementary school.
One time this red liquid was leaking through,everybody panicked,because it was burning off the rubber off one of the kid's shoes.
Did someone spill lava that day? I don't know. I just don't want to witness it ever again.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
If you're going to cut someone due to time constraints, why Mewtwo?
Because why the hell not?
And while I loved the Ice Climbers, I can understand why they're gone. While it's straw grasping to the max, I hope they can solve the issues with the ICs so they can be DLC eventually.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
arigmay pls. u dont now watcha talkin bout.
xsal,we all wan mew2 in our laif. Sumtam we prai,but he nevr com. butts it be ar8,he may jus be waitn wen d tim is rait.

D

Deleted member

If you're going to cut someone due to time constraints, why Mewtwo?
Because when Brawl was in development, there were 5 characters that had yet to be completed: Jigglypuff, Toon Link, Wolf, Mewtwo, and Sonic. Now, you're not going to cut Sonic after doing all the legal stuff to put him in. Jigglypuff is put above the others in terms of priority due to her seniority. Toon Link and Wolf are elevated above Mewtwo because Sakurai wanted to include as many "new" characters as possible. Due to these characters being among the last to be included, they have no role in SSE.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

xsal,we all wan mew2 in our laif. Sumtam we prai,but he nevr com. butts it be ar8,he may jus be waitn wen d tim is rait.
arighrmy plz w8t 4 smash bruhs 5. for next nintendo cunsoles, mew2 might com bak thn.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Because Mewtwo was a mistake.

At least, that's the impression I'm getting from the development side of things.
Yeah, they did seriously screw him up in Melee. It's not impossible to think Sakurai couldn't figure out a good way to buff him in Brawl by the time of release, so gave up when higher priority items came out. I think he's likely character DLC if it happens.

D

Deleted member

Apparently.

Because at this point I'm beginning to think the Smash roster is selected via musical chairs.
Musical chairs makes some damn good choices then. Shulk, Duck Hunt, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Wario, Wii Fit Trainer, Robin, and Olimar were all selected because musical chairs.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Mewtwo's lower priority may be also be influenced by higher-ups at Game Freak/Pokémon Company.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, they did seriously screw him up in Melee. It's not impossible to think Sakurai couldn't figure out a good way to buff him in Brawl by the time of release, so gave up when higher priority items came out. I think he's likely character DLC if it happens.
Yes you can fix Mewtwo just like any other character. Hell, even a bunch of amateur developers (at least in comparison) greatly improved Mewtwo without resorting to a massive overhaul. It's just that if the director/producers see Mewtwo as a "bad idea" due to the bad reception, then Mewtwo is probably never going to get in at the rate we're going.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mewtwo's lower priority may be also be influenced by higher-ups at Game Freak/Pokémon Company.
You know, I wouldn't be surprised. They do push Lucario severely. Mewtwo's biggest push was the double Megas... and to be honest, it did not go as well as some think. Many hated the Mega Mewtwos because it "ruined" the character. I think the reception was not strong, so they didn't want him in. It could be possible that Sakurai's Melee version of him was handled so poorly they didn't want him to try against in Smash 4. He never finished him in Brawl, so maybe they don't think he can handle Mewtwo well.

I don't think this is likely, but let's be honest, it isn't impossible.

Yes you can fix Mewtwo just like any other character. Hell, even a bunch of amateur developers (at least in comparison) greatly improved Mewtwo without resorting to a massive overhaul. It's just that if the director/producers see Mewtwo as a "bad idea" due to the bad reception, then Mewtwo is probably never going to get in at the rate we're going.
Pretty much. Also note what I said above. The Megas did not have great reception. It was highly mixed. That could have influence. Megas in general sometimes get a lot of bad reception too.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
New avatar, SB Shadow was getting kinda boring, so here's a new one. Before you ask, no, this is NOT one of those crummy OC things done by average Sonic fans.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
New avatar, SB Shadow was getting kinda boring, so here's a new one. Before you ask, no, this is NOT one of those crummy OC things done by average Sonic fans.
There'll still be another one like it. That's the magic of the Sonic OC community.

D

Deleted member

Instead, it's a crummy OC thing done by weird Star Fox fans who also happen to be average Sonic fans!

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
Game Freak just wanted Greninja and Lucario before him and that's it. Sakurai probably didn't have the time to finish the guy afterwards because of time constraints. A case of history repeating itself.
If DLC was to happen, Mewtwo would probably one of the first in line anyway.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
arighrmy plz w8t 4 smash bruhs 5. for next nintendo cunsoles, mew2 might com bak thn.
sum1 ance told mi dis. His naim was **** Shurlock,first name No.
besads,I'm hopn 4 waloogi. he swagtastic.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Or perhaps Sakurai thought four gen I Pokémon were too much. Not likely, but not impossible either.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
Or perhaps Sakurai thought four gen I Pokémon were too much. Not likely, but not impossible either.
If there's anything that I'm sure of, it's that Sakurai couldn't give less of a damn about over representation of anything.
Especially since there was technically five Gen 1 Pokemon in Brawl.

That, or Pichu :troll:
I would only be half-surprised if they were both sold in the same pack, actually. :smirk:

Last edited:

Soul.

but i don want mew2 just cuz of da characta slot. it maeks no sens.
So tell me, since when is Fox a Sonic character.
Found that on said website.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom