• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Speaking of Tomodachi Life, how is it? I've been thinking of getting it but I'm not sure (currently I've been watching Vinesauce play the game. And to my eyes at least it's not that bad).
Tried the eShop demo. Immediately roped me in. It's really addictive.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm def getting Smash Bros 4 U for Christmas, was there when my mom bought it lol, along with the Gamecube Fightpad thing that connects to a Wiimote, because the adapters can't be found. And I'll probably be getting a new 2GB SD card because my current one has been giving me problems, not matter how many times I defrag it, defragging has just ended up making it worse actually, or format it, which is only a temporary solution, it always messes up again for Project M.

I got my dad another Professor Layton game, Last Specter or something like, since he liked the first one I got him, Lost Village or something to that affect. Got my mom fuzzy socks since that was what she wanted. Didn't have the money to get Nieces/Nephews or Brother and Sister stuff though but my mom will probably put the gifts she got them as from all 3 of us anyway. And I'll probably end up getting gift cards from my brother and sister, most likely a book store, Gamestop, or Amazon one.

T

Trick or Treat

My ladyfriend is getting me a gift, and that will be the only one I receive this year. Also the only person I'm giving to.

I remember when I used to listen to Asking Alexandria alll the time. Ah, nostalgia~
Aaaand now I'm listening to Asking Alexandria again thanks nostalgia.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
So I've been using this Homebrew application called Nintendon't to play GameCube games on Wii U (GC VC is taking too long).
(:4link::https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/)

I ripped my copy of Melee using CleanRip on my old Wii, then installed the Homebrew Channel on my Wii U with the PAL Brawl Stack. I then tried getting the Homebrew Browser, but I kept getting "read error -6". I've tried replacing the boot.dol with another one, but to no avail. Anyone know how to fix this?

So I gave up and just installed Nintendon't from my SD card. I've been liking it so far (it even displays on the Gamepad) ,but I have two problems (or nitpicks):

I don't like the default button layout on the Wii U Pro Controller for Melee, I know you can change it to another one with the minus button, but that's not much better. While USB connected controllers can be easily reconfigured with the controller.ini file, the Bluetooth controllers (Wii U Pro, Wii Classic, etc.) are hard-coded in. However, as Nintendon't is open-source (https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/), I was wondering if it was possible to change the button mapping to what I'm used to in Smash (B/A=Jump, X=Special, Y=Standard, L/R=Shield, ZL/ZR=Grab) ? I have very little knowledge of coding (aside from some basic HTML when I was younger), so how would I go about this?

Also, I'm not too sure on how to use cheat codes either. I want to use this AR code to allow you to use the C-Stick in Single Player modes in Melee. All I know is that involves a "sneek" folder in your SD card, but after that I'm lost. Anyone got a better idea of it? Here's the AR code:

Code:
T1PY-QR55-E4EWG
GCH0-5WBT-26FY8
(way)tl;dr

1. How do you fix "read error -6" when installing the Homebrew Browser?
  2. How do you change the button layout on the Wii U Pro Controller on Nintendon't?
  3. How do use Action Replay codes with Nintendon't?
Regardless, I would highly recommend Nintendon't to fill the gap in your heart where GC VC should be. :laugh:

If any of you can help, thanks in advance! ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In not canon materials where he needs the use of various gadgets, kryptonite and help from other heroes anyways, not to mention Superman was holding back. And in canon he was once beaten to a pulp by brainwashed Supes.
Just sayin'.
Who even cares anymore?
Besides, we all know everyone likes The Joker better anyway :4dk:

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
So I've been using this Homebrew application called Nintendon't to play GameCube games on Wii U (GC VC is taking too long).

I ripped my copy of Melee using CleanRip on my old Wii, then installed the Homebrew Channel on my Wii U with the PAL Brawl Stack. I then tried getting the Homebrew Browser, but I kept getting "read error -6". I've tried replacing the boot.dol with another one, but to no avail. Anyone know how to fix this?

So I gave up and just installed Nintendon't from my SD card. I've been liking it so far, it even displays on the Gamepad, but I have two problems:

I don't like the default button layout on the Wii U Pro Controller for Melee, I know you can change it to another one with the minus button, but that's not much better. While USB connected controllers can be easily reconfigured with the controller.ini file, the Bluetooth controllers (Wii U Pro, Wii Classic, etc.) are hard-coded in. However, as Nintendon't is open-source (https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/), I was wondering if it was possible to change the button mapping to what I'm used to in Smash (B/A=Jump, X=Special, Y=Standard, L/R=Shield, ZL/ZR=Grab) ? I have very little knowledge of coding (aside from some basic HTML when I was younger), so how would I go about this?

Also, I'm not too sure on how to use cheat codes either. I want to use this AR code to allow you to use the C-Stick in Single Player modes in Melee. All I know is that involves a sneek folder in your SD card, but after that I'm lost. Anyone got a better idea of it? Here's the AR code:

Code:
T1PY-QR55-E4EWG
GCH0-5WBT-26FY8
(way)tl;dr

2. How do you change the button layout on the Wii U Pro Controller on Nintendon't?
Regardless, I would highly recommend Nintendon't to fill the gap in your heart where GC VC should be. :laugh:

I forgot the WiiU is supposed to get GC VC. Now I'm a bit mad >:\/

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'e just remembered, today is the last day that I get to have my Premium Account. I will truly miss being able to see all of my signature and having that sweet blue highlight on my name. I guess that I'll use this last bit of time to treasure it until my next college refund. :'(

Edit: Well ****, I had spoken too soon. :cry:

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I'e just remembered, today is the last day that I get to have my Premium Account. I will truly miss being able to see all of my signature and having that sweet blue highlight on my name. I guess that I'll use this last bit of time to treasure it until my next college refund. :'(
Welcome back to normal town

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You're not showing as Premium for me. Time zones?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

So I gave up and just installed Nintendon't from my SD card. I've been liking it so far (it even displays on the Gamepad) ,but I have two problems (or nitpicks):

Also, I'm not too sure on how to use cheat codes either. I want to use this AR code to allow you to use the C-Stick in Single Player modes in Melee. All I know is that involves a sneek folder in your SD card, but after that I'm lost. Anyone got a better idea of it? Here's the AR code:

Code:
T1PY-QR55-E4EWG
GCH0-5WBT-26FY8
(way)tl;dr

Don't cheat.

Meh, I do it myself too, not with Homebrew, but with other stuff.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Also, I'm not too sure on how to use cheat codes either. I want to use this AR code to allow you to use the C-Stick in Single Player modes in Melee. All I know is that involves a "sneek" folder in your SD card, but after that I'm lost. Anyone got a better idea of it? Here's the AR code:

Code:
T1PY-QR55-E4EWG
GCH0-5WBT-26FY8
(way)tl;dr

I cant help, this looks for too complicated but I dont wanna risk my Wii u putting that on there. I think its best just to wait for Nintendo to make an official one if they do.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After rewatching today's Death Battle episode, I've realized that the Goku ad represents the many fans that were still butthurt over his loss against Superman. You know THAT is one of the most controversial episodes if the producers were willing to crack a joke about its infamy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom