• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
what happened?
This happened

This is sudden, but I've just contacted the higher ups of the staff and I announce that I will retire from moderation and drastically reduce my activity here.

IRL issues and this was a bit of an hard decision that I have been pondering for a while.

This site has been great, but it has also become an hindrance for me. It's too distracting and I need to prioritize other things in my life.

I will still be around for today, but I plan on going on a hiatus (though I might pop up occasionally).

Thanks for everything! :)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This is sudden, but I've just contacted the higher ups of the staff and I announce that I will retire from moderation and drastically reduce my activity here.

IRL issues and this was a bit of an hard decision that I have been pondering for a while.

This site has been great, but it has also become an hindrance for me. It's too distracting and I need to prioritize other things in my life.

I will still be around for today, but I plan on going on a hiatus (though I might pop up occasionally).

Thanks for everything! :)
I understand, if or when you leave, good luck! Even though I haven't talked to you much you have been good to be around.

here, have a medley.

This is the most heartwarming homecoming I have ever gotten

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I dont like StarBomb. Mostly because its content barely resambles anything related to the games or theyr music, besides character names. Some of it is catchy, the Castlevania one is pretty good actually, and the closest to what I wanted, but thats just my own expectations. Also Ive been liking Arin less and less over the years, with the Jon drama being the final straw of sorts.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I dont like StarBomb. Mostly because its content barely resambles anything related to the games or theyr music, besides character names. Some of it is catchy, the Castlevania one is pretty good actually. Also Ive been liking Arin less and less over the years, with the Jon drama being the final straw of sorts.
You know the straw that broke my back? Wind Waker HD

SharpMcHappy

Smash Apprentice
I dont like StarBomb. Mostly because its content barely resambles anything related to the games or theyr music, besides character names. Some of it is catchy, the Castlevania one is pretty good actually, and the closest to what I wanted, but thats just my own expectations. Also Ive been liking Arin less and less over the years, with the Jon drama being the final straw of sorts.
I don't really care about Arin tbh. He's alright, I know that he caused a lot of drama with the Jon "conspiracy" but I'm sure he probably didn't intend to be a total ass to Jon so I can overlook it since he's funny at times. I mostly watch GG and listen to Starbomb/NSP for Danny anyway. He's a really funny guy and his voice is seriously great, his parts really made this song for me :p

Also the animation was amazing, like damn.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Also his OOT video about how much he doesnt understand video games actually. But it friggin killed me when he tried to heal with a firefly.
And he cried about not being able to do in WWHD. But the buttons were RIGHT THERE . Well he didn't even go to school or college I forgot which one so of course he wouldn't know how to do simple stuff. I know thats a bit much but...

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
My last one begins Thursday... :sadeyes:

Here, have some gifs. Plot twist: They're both guys. :p

So... an uke?
omg "Love Stage!"
Spoiler: I stopped watching because the uke was a ****ing whiling little *****.
I got sick of him thinking of only himself and annoying ass anime wifu that was like " I cant watch this if he doesn't change his attitude"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I read what happened to @ Frostwraith Frostwraith an hour ago. I didn't expect this sort of thing to happen, but it is usual for staff members to retire at some point. Thanks for everything.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
To his defense, it's only an opinion. It's not like you have to agree with it.
I guess, though stuff he called bad design I would say he exadurated to the point of making his points moot. But a lot of it comes from his personal preference and I can respect that.
And he cried about not being able to do in WWHD. But the buttons were RIGHT THERE . Well he didn't even go to school or college I forgot which one so of course he wouldn't know how to do simple stuff. I know thats a bit much but...
Thats a big problem with the grumps, sometimes they outrght dont look at the screen or ignore a propt that is constantly in theyr face even when they do look at the screen, like when they forgot how to drop things.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Arin pretty much is all about **** jokes (sorry for the big words kids). When Jon was here, there was an actual balance between them, with Jon giving good stories and an overall good fun, even with those types of jokes.

Now we have Arin alone, with Danny who got other things to do (and are way better than what Arin does) and those puts the man alone. Add the fact that his wife doesn't have any control on him and you got the true Arin.

It's sad, but I think Game Grumps should have ended with Jon. But Arin is just stuck with Game Grumps because animating is too complicated on Youtube. Now he's just "A guy who yells and make **** jokes" that do let's plays. Meanwhile, Jon is in a better position, with NormalBoots and his videos.

Jon was right, Game Grumps was the worst part of his career. It doesn't surprise that Arin went down because of it.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
omg Love Stage!
Spoiler: I stopped watching because the megane was a ****ing whiling little *****
I just heard about it and I just love the pink elephants! :joyful:

Uh... I'm going to spoil them in case they're too risqué.

Kotaku's the only one that has the gif.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom