• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
You mean it's not Eilonwy?
She is so underrated that no one knows who the **** she is; you are awarded the hipster badge of honor, good sir!
- Some random merge between Sailor Moon and Rapunzel
- Anime version of Rapunzel
- Some OC do not steal-type character no one knows about

I can only name so much.
I think it's Ghetto Princess Peach. I might be mistaken.
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Kilala_Reno

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It's Year Without a Santa Claus. It's a classic.
Never seen it, though, I might have heard about it.

Say what you want, but at least Raiden could launch someone into the air, jump up after them, proceed to cut them into hundreds of pieces, rip out their cyborg spines, and then drink the Gatorade from them.
And that's just ****ing awesome.
But can Raiden do this?

So DMC 4 is getting a Special Addition where you play as Vergil or something. DmC is also getting a re-release, this time the game will actually get a ****ing lock-on. So that alone fixes one of the more annoying gameplay issues.
There's more like Demon Evade being less OP, a mode that would be like a "headshot-only" thing in FPS games where you can only hurt enemies if you have at least S-rank for your style bar, a mode that's legitimately harder than DMD called Gods Must Die rather than the if you get hit, you die, but enemies have the same health as Son of Sparda or something in Hell and Hell mode, oh, and you can finally play as DmC Vergil in Bloody Palace. Hmm, I wouldn't be surprised if the "color-coded" enemies could be damaged by everything, but using the right "element" damages them more. Also, there's a new cutscene that would probably tease DmC2 or expand more on the plot.

Anyway, here's a list of the changes in case you missed them: http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregama...definitive-edition-plus-a-very-special-teaser.

As for DMC4: SE, I'm guessing two things: Vergil is basically going to be another "Dante" in a sense that it's like playing as Vergil in DMC3 or two, Vergil makes Dante's playthrough the "DMC3 Vergil playthrough" where Dante just backtracks while Vergil and Nero actually have their own original content. In other words, gameplay and content-wise it'd be like Vergil > Nero > Dante. It's probably going to be Vergil's story that's a prequel or even a sequel to Nero's (and Dante's) story. This also means that Vergil can be played on Bloody Palace, Dark Slayer isn't just a pale imitation of Vergil's move set in DMC3 and hopefully, FFS, Vergil can actually double jump since for whatever stupid reason, the brother with more experience and power can't freaking double jump. Nero, Dante, Trish, Lucia, and Sparda can, but not Vergil of all freaking people... REALLY?! I hated platforming with Vergil in DMC3 which DmC barely got right because modern games allows them to grab onto ledges and Dante/Vergil have hookshots.

DMC4: SE is probably going to have remastered graphics and such... Maybe it'll get a Gods Must Die mode too making it the hardest DMC game to date. I wonder what weapons Vergil will get. Hmm, maybe he'll keep that unnamed zweihander from DMC1 when he was Nelo Angelo. I wonder how the Devil Bringer will play into Vergil's story and who is Vergil's mysterious waifu?!

Unfortunately, they're going to be released separately, well, on the PS4 and Xbox One. Maybe they could bundle it for the PC or after both are released.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I have never felt more sick then I do right now. and I have two tests tomorrow oh lawd
I failed my CS final - I believe I have an overall B in the class though - and the highest grade I can hope for in my African folklore class is a barely a B- or BC in this weird grading scheme if that helps at all. See there are more unfortunate, first-world people than you. :p

Last edited:

Grass

Smash Lord
I failed my CS final - I believe I have an overall B in the class though - and the highest grade I can hope for in my African folklore class is a barely a B- or BC in this weird grading scheme if that helps at all. See there are more unfortunate, first-world people than you. :p
I passed college with a C+ I wasn't fast enough. :)

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Ugh I wish steam overlay had Ad Block apps. Would be nice.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh yeah, one f*cking mini game. Great job Sakurai. I know it's complicated to create a moveset for a character, but Wario was like one of the easiest character you could do. But noooo, Sakurai said "I don't like Wario Land" and instead created his own Wario based on nothing appart from Wario Ware (aka "Minigames feat Wario") and Wario World, wich was not even popular.
Excuse me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's more like Demon Evade being less OP, a mode that would be like a "headshot-only" thing in FPS games where you can only hurt enemies if you have at least S-rank for your style bar, a mode that's legitimately harder than DMD called Gods Must Die rather than the if you get hit, you die, but enemies have the same health as Son of Sparda or something in Hell and Hell mode, oh, and you can finally play as DmC Vergil in Bloody Palace. Hmm, I wouldn't be surprised if the "color-coded" enemies could be damaged by everything, but using the right "element" damages them more. Also, there's a new cutscene that would probably tease DmC2 or expand more on the plot.

Anyway, here's a list of the changes in case you missed them: http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregama...definitive-edition-plus-a-very-special-teaser.

As for DMC4: SE, I'm guessing two things: Vergil is basically going to be another "Dante" in a sense that it's like playing as Vergil in DMC3 or two, Vergil makes Dante's playthrough the "DMC3 Vergil playthrough" where Dante just backtracks while Vergil and Nero actually have their own original content. In other words, gameplay and content-wise it'd be like Vergil > Nero > Dante. It's probably going to be Vergil's story that's a prequel or even a sequel to Nero's (and Dante's) story. This also means that Vergil can be played on Bloody Palace, Dark Slayer isn't just a pale imitation of Vergil's move set in DMC3 and hopefully, FFS, Vergil can actually double jump since for whatever stupid reason, the brother with more experience and power can't freaking double jump. Nero, Dante, Trish, Lucia, and Sparda can, but not Vergil of all freaking people... REALLY?! I hated platforming with Vergil in DMC3 which DmC barely got right because modern games allows them to grab onto ledges and Dante/Vergil have hookshots.

DMC4: SE is probably going to have remastered graphics and such... Maybe it'll get a Gods Must Die mode too making it the hardest DMC game to date. I wonder what weapons Vergil will get. Hmm, maybe he'll keep that unnamed zweihander from DMC1 when he was Nelo Angelo. I wonder how the Devil Bringer will play into Vergil's story and who is Vergil's mysterious waifu?!

Unfortunately, they're going to be released separately, well, on the PS4 and Xbox One. Maybe they could bundle it for the PC or after both are released.
Suffice to say, I'm mostly interested in the Vergil DMC 4 stuff. I wonder if there's any other major content being added to that game. Likely not, but I'd like to keep an ear out.

Though I don't think Vergil is a strong as Dante. By DMC 1, he was kicking his ass as Nelo.

Say what you want, but at least Raiden could launch someone into the air, jump up after them, proceed to cut them into hundreds of pieces, rip out their cyborg spines, and then drink the Gatorade from them.
And that's just ****ing awesome.
That game made Raiden ****ing awesome. He already cool in MGS4. Though I didn't hate him in MGS2 either. It just goes to show how far you can take a character sometimes.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well, I'm probably going to learn C++. *nerdy voice* Huehuehue, CS jokes. :p

Well, my grades are my fault 'cause I slack off a lot.

:p
C++ in itself in a joke. Now I suppose it's a double joke.
(Just the name, not the thing itself)

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Suffice to say, I'm mostly interested in the Vergil DMC 4 stuff. I wonder if there's any other major content being added to that game. Likely not, but I'd like to keep an ear out.

Though I don't think Vergil is a strong as Dante. By DMC 1, he was kicking his *** as Nelo.
I meant more about the fact that everyone else had access to Air Hike, but Vergil for whatever stupid reason can't use Air Hike. It's like meeting a master swordsman who doesn't know how to use swords, but he's great with maces, hammers, and daggers. Then again, this was played with in Trine where the wizard couldn't even cast a simple fireball spell, but could do more like telekinesis.

C++ in itself in a joke. Now I suppose it's a double joke.
(Just the name, not the thing itself)
People rag on Ruby for some reason. I know they're joking; I just don't know why.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I meant more about the fact that everyone else had access to Air Hike, but Vergil for whatever stupid reason can't use Air Hike. It's like meeting a master swordsman who doesn't know how to use swords, but he's great with maces, hammers, and daggers. Then again, this was played with in Trine where the wizard couldn't even cast a simple fireball spell, but could do more like telekinesis.

People rag on Ruby for some reason. I know they're joking; I just don't know why.
Huh? I don't know what you mean by Ruby.

Morbi

Scavenger

Though I don't think Vergil is a strong as Dante. By DMC 1, he was kicking his *** as Nelo.

That game made Raiden ****ing awesome. He already cool in MGS4. Though I didn't hate him in MGS2 either. It just goes to show how far you can take a character sometimes.
Vergil is way stronger than Dante, bra. I played Mahvel, I know my stuff.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Grass

Smash Lord
Well, I'm probably going to learn C++. *nerdy voice* Huehuehue, CS jokes. :p

Well, my grades are my fault 'cause I slack off a lot.
Well I suppose I can achieve S rank if I really tried, but I don't care about teh schoolz.

Who in their right mind would name their child Ruby? Manga writers...
I'd name my kid Sapphire if I really liked him/her.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Funny enough, yes. Sapphire seems like a subset of or influenced by Ruby while Emerald is its own thing created in the 80's. For reference: Ruby was created in the mid-90's.
And C is only called C because it's derived off of a language called "B" (Which was also derived off of something lse [can't remember what it was called])

Soul.

Yay, Hoenn remakes got released a month ago. Now everyone can stop asking for them.
When's the Black and Whit---I mean DP remakes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom