• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

We know the rest of the story afterwards :

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I believe there is one Microgame in Smooth Moves where the focus is Wario farting.
But that's really a small attention to detail that, unlike the other small attentions, kind of hurts the character. Like why make his main thing farting when there's a lot more to him than that. Did they also forget he was the main antagonist of SML2 as well? Its just kind of a weird thing to focus the character on imo.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But that's really a small attention to detail that, unlike the other small attentions, kind of hurts the character. Like why make his main thing farting when there's a lot more to him than that. Did they also forget he was the main antagonist of SML2 as well? Its just kind of a weird thing to focus the character on imo.
And by a "main thing" , you mean one attack.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I believe there is one Microgame in Smooth Moves where the focus is Wario farting.
Oh yeah, one f*cking mini game. Great job Sakurai. I know it's complicated to create a moveset for a character, but Wario was like one of the easiest character you could do. But noooo, Sakurai said "I don't like Wario Land" and instead created his own Wario based on nothing appart from Wario Ware (aka "Minigames feat Wario") and Wario World, wich was not even popular.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Oh yeah, one f*cking mini game. Great job Sakurai. I know it's complicated to create a moveset for a character, but Wario was like one of the easiest character you could do. But noooo, Sakurai said "I don't like Wario Land" and instead created his own Wario based on nothing appart from Wario Ware (aka "Minigames feat Wario") and Wario World, wich was not even popular.
Stop, you sound like Ridley supporters :upsidedown: , atleast Wario is in the game
*slaps sense into you*
*slaps it back out of you*
*slaps a sandwich and sense back*

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Say, could you tell me when Sakurai said "I don't like Wario Land"?
Also, even if Wario World is not the most popular of the franchise, it's still a Wario game. I don't see why he can't take details from it.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Wario wasn't really easy, per say. He definitely has a bunch of different forms, but I do agree that Sakurai made the wrond one with Wario. He should get a more Wario Land-esque moveset, but keep the bike.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Stop, you sound like Ridley supporters :upsidedown: , atleast Wario is in the game
*slaps sense into you*
*slaps it back out of you*
*slaps a sandwich and sense back*
I mean, it could have been worst. If Wario was created by Egoraptor, he would have farted and do sex jokes in his moveset.
And at least there's more reason for Wario to actually have more moves from Wario Land than Ridley in Smash. :denzel:

Say, could you tell me when Sakurai said "I don't like Wario Land"?
Also, even if Wario World is not the most popular of the franchise, it's still a Wario game. I don't see why he can't take details from it.
Well he makes himself "Look like that", wich is worse.
And for the Wario World stuff, it's actually my favorite moves when I play Wario. It's just so obscure, nobody really remembers this game appart from those who had a Gamecube with it.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Wario is suppose to be based off of the WarioWare titles, according to Sakurai at least, because he likes the WarioWare games more.
I've always thought that the reasons why Wario Land doesn't get a lot of representation is because 1) Sakurai doesn't care about/know the Wario Land series or 2) He wants to promote the WarioWare series more, as Wario Land generally sells better than WarioWare (some people don't believe in the sales argument, but if this is the case, then sales could affect a series).

Either way, removing Wario's iconic shoulder bash was a really poor decision imo.

I don't mind if characters kinda have different personalities than how their portrayed in their source games. However, I would prefer if their movesets are a decent representation of what they can do in their games, at the very least. In the case of Wario, I think there should be some more balance of series representation (moveset, stages, etc.).

And c'mon people, this is a legitimate thing to criticize. It's even a good example of Sakurai's bias if he really chose to represent WarioWare more due to him liking the series more. I would't have a problem if Wario Land has like 2-3 games... but this is not the case.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just noticed in Disney's 3 little pigs thing, there is a picture on the wall that says "Father" and it's sausage links

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Woo! English voice teaser for Final Fantasy XV! I can't tell who any of them is, but Ignis sort of sounds like Gideon Emery who voiced Balthier in XII and Gladiolus sort of sounds like Jamieson Price the voice of Lu Bu and Nier in Nier Gestalt. And DmC's getting a definitive edition with new difficulty modes, Bloody Palace for Vergil, new costumes, lock-on as an option, turbo mode for the PS4 and Xbox One - PC already had it -, an unreleased cutscene, and a teaser of Vergil appearing in DMC4: Special Edition. Since when was Capcom actually competent?! DmC2 and DMC5 seem like they're both getting teased through updated re-releases!

Oh, and MGSV: Ground Zeroes is coming to PC in... 3 days! There's Majora's Mask 3D, Star Fox Wii U, Zelda Wii U, and so much more! *dies of video game overload*

But I have another final and a final project I should be working on... *revived as a sad undead-thingie*

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
So, A couple of things.

A few people you may know (@ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ , @Backgammon, @artisticgamerxl, and others) and I made a shared youtube channel we are calling Star Subway (Go subscribe plz). It also has a Twitter.

Anyways, Star Subway is hosting it's first tournament, which can be found here. I'll be uploading key matches.

Here's something on our channel right now if you are interested:

Hopefully you guys in the Smash Social thread will support our channel.

Alright, done with the #Shamelessplugs

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Exhibit A

3:11 in case it doesn't work. The focus of Wario is him being gross rather than his greed and his antagonistic nature toward Mario.
One, so the tally is currently two (and let's face it the farting is only really a side part of the victory animation).
Two, much like the "farting", Wario being an antagonist is not a major part of his character. Greed I can understand, but even then even Nintendo doesn't pit Wario as evil apart from two spin-offs and his first appearance (and what happened in SMBL3? Wario became a hero). With that logic, DK should be an antagonist.

Well he makes himself "Look like that", wich is worse.
And for the Wario World stuff, it's actually my favorite moves when I play Wario. It's just so obscure, nobody really remembers this game appart from those who had a Gamecube with it.
Once, again, I want a direct quote that Sakurai does not like Wario Land.
Also, "nobody remembers it" is not a justification. People didn't remember Ice Climber, or Mr. G&W, or Takamaru for that matter, but Sakurai put them in anyway.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Every time I see Smash Wii-U stuff I'm reminded of how purdy the game is.

Actually got to see the purdiness in person when a couple of asses brought Smash 4 over to Ooples on Saturday when we were doing Project M tourney and friendlies. I was contemplating asking them if I could play a game or 2 until someone asked before I did if they could play it and the people who brought it said "We're only going to play this game with certain people". Suffice to say, after that I had no intention to ask them if I could play it. But goddamn the game was purdy as all ****.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I've always thought that the reasons why Wario Land doesn't get a lot of representation is because 1) Sakurai doesn't care about/know the Wario Land series or 2) He wants to promote the WarioWare series more, as Wario Land generally sells better than WarioWare (some people don't believe in the sales argument, but if this is the case, then sales could affect a series).

Either way, removing Wario's iconic shoulder bash was a really poor decision imo.

I don't mind if characters kinda have different personalities than how their portrayed in their source games. However, I would prefer if their movesets are a decent representation of what they can do in their games, at the very least. In the case of Wario, I think there should be some more balance of series representation (moveset, stages, etc.).

And c'mon people, this is a legitimate thing to criticize. It's even a good example of Sakurai's bias if he really chose to represent WarioWare more due to him liking the series more. I would't have a problem if Wario Land has like 2-3 games... but this is not the case.
I never understood why adding a boring punch (that I think is again from Wario World) over the Shoulder Bash was a better idea for Sakurai.

The problem that I have with Wario in Smash is simple : he's not Wario. It's a subsitute (oh hai @ Substitution Substitution ) of Wario. Nothing else.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Did someone say ROCKET RACCOON?!?
Dude, seriously, do that one more time and i'll start calling you CliffJumper 2. Yes, I'm serious.
'
I never understood why adding a boring punch (that I think is again from Wario World) over the Shoulder Bash was a better idea for Sakurai.

The problem that I have with Wario in Smash is simple : he's not Wario. It's a subsitute (oh hai @ Substitution Substitution ) of Wario. Nothing else.
TBH, With Wario as one of my 15 mains, I must say that his side smash is easily on of my favorite moves of his. I'm kinda glad they didn't go with WL for Wario, I like him the way he is now.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lets say I have found motivation
"Motivation". :smirk: Riiiiight. More like some- *dragged off by the censorship board*

At least it's better than Emo McAngst.
Who would this be? Mr. "Flamboyant and Flippant" or Mr. "Wannabe Punk who has Trust Issues"? Or are we talking Mr. "Cold and Guilty" or Mr. "I Need to Compensate by being Smart and with a 'Big Sword'"?

Or Mr. Lightning Bolt? :p

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

His new side Smash makes it harder to land. One of the main reasons why Wario isn't my "go to" mains.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Dude, seriously, do that one more time and i'll start calling you CliffJumper 2. Yes, I'm serious.
'

TBH, With Wario as one of my 15 mains, I must say that his side smash is easily on of my favorite moves of his. I'm kinda glad they didn't go with WL for Wario, I like him the way he is now.
As if Rysir wasn't Cliff #2 already?! :rolleyes:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
[quote="Ffamran, post: 18198674, member: 262610"
Who would this be? Mr. "Flamboyant and Flippant" or Mr. "Wannabe Punk who has Trust Issues"? Or are we talking Mr. Cold and Guilty or Mr. "I Need to Compensate by being Smart and with a 'Big Sword'"?

Or Mr. Lightning Bolt? :p
[/quote]
I was thinking more...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You said you'd add me so I waited for a request. Then after a few minutes I added you.
That's what was so confusing. Inow know what happened.

Apparently I imputed your NNID wrong.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
As if Rysir wasn't Cliff #2 already?! :rolleyes:
Here's the thing about @Rysir though, his is actually funny.
You're only a @ Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi if your repeated "jokes" aren't funny.
No offense.
All of the offense!
Maybe just a little bit of offense...
How about just a fence?
Yeah, yeah let's go with that last one.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
'

*looks for new catchphrase*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom