• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Some wise words from one of the most brilliant scientists in the world. Just imagining an actual battle with nothing but rocks and sticks sounds too corny for anyone to take serious (No explosives or guns?). It also let's you know that technology will probably not advance as much when all of us become senior citizens.
Or that after we nuke each other to infinity and beyond, we have to restart with whatever we can find.

The sad fact is that many would rather resort to violence to solve their problems. It seems like a neverending cycle.

And now for something more light-hearted:

@ Knuckles the Knuckles Knuckles the Knuckles

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:lucas:: Hey guys, wait up!
:wolf:: Curses! We missed the bus.
:popo:: There goes our spots...
And since Smash Bros. is a game...

:troll:

Seriously though, I feel bad for those characters' mains. It really hurts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Or that after we nuke each other to infinity and beyond, we have to restart with whatever we can find.

The sad fact is that many would rather resort to violence to solve their problems. It seems like a neverending cycle.

And now for something more light-hearted:

@ Knuckles the Knuckles Knuckles the Knuckles
Speaking of Boom Knuckles, I've heard that the Archie Comics will be doing another Mega Man and Sonic the Hedgehog crossover. The new crossover Worlds Unite will be a combination of the Archie Sonic Boom and Mega Man X universes. This one, I'm a bit iffy to many given the differences of tone to both works. Mega Man X was rarely lighthearted at times (Especially given what happened in Mega Man X4) while Sonic Boom had been described as more lighthearted compared to the actual Sonic canon (except for the rather unpolished video game adaptions). It can work if the writers manage to pull it off despite the difference of tone between these two universes and it could be as decent as the last crossover.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
And since Smash Bros. is a game...

:troll:

Seriously though, I feel bad for those characters' mains. It really hurts.
*roster is leaked*
SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Watch Pixar's Inside Out June 2015!

Soul.

*roster is leaked*
SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Watch Pixar's Inside Out June 2015!
I still remember that roster leak. Lmao everyone thought it was fake.
But yeah, it's sad to see characters getting cut. At least ICs wouldn't have chain grabs this time if they were in.
Speaking of Boom Knuckles, I've heard that the Archie Comics will be doing another Mega Man and Sonic the Hedgehog crossover. The new crossover Worlds Unite will be a combination of the Archie Sonic Boom and Mega Man X universes. This one, I'm a bit iffy to many given the differences of tone to both works. Mega Man X was rarely lighthearted at times (Especially given what happened in Mega Man X4) while Sonic Boom had been described as more lighthearted compared to the actual Sonic canon (except for the rather unpolished video game adaptions). It can work if the writers manage to pull it off despite the difference of tone between these two universes and it could be as decent as the last crossover.

Sticks x X OTP confirmed no doubt, yadda yadda yadda all the obvious stuff.
That might be interesting, though. How will Boom Knuckles interact with the Reploids?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
@ Space Stranger Space Stranger why are you that chick from Big Hero 6? Is she, like, the best thing about that movie and nobody told me?
  1. I was pranked and I went wild. I was Elsa first.
  2. Most attractive Disney girl. I may or may not have bought the doll shamelessly...
  3. She is my favorite character in the movie. She is both badass and sympathetic.
  4. Baymax is the best thing about BH6. The sidekicks are the icing on the cake.
  5. Did I mention she was attractive?

Strofirko

Smash Master

So if:
Regular modern sonic=Original megaman
Sonic Boom=Megaman X

SANIC THE EDGHAG=BAD COVER BOX ART MEGAMAN

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
  1. I was pranked and I went wild. I was Elsa first.
  2. Most attractive Disney girl. I may or may not have bought the doll shamelessly...
  3. She is my favorite character in the movie. She is both badass and sympathetic.
  4. Baymax is the best thing about BH6. The sidekicks are the icing on the cake.
  5. Did I mention she was attractive?
I'm getting mixed messages here.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Think Lucina is portrayed differently in Smash than in Fire Emblem: Awakening?

This might explain why: http://kantopia.wordpress.com/2014/11/21/ssb4-lucina-victory-linetaunt-comparisons-japaneseenglish/
That makes sense, just because it's translated the same or similarly doesn't mean the exact meaning is carried with it, and the translator may've taken her comments a different way then they originally were intended.

Now I'm curious what Female Robin said to Lucina in the Japanese version considering that one's even harsher then any of Lucina's comments.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Did anybody had that feeling of wanting to be happy and have a nice day but can't because of how people around you are angry all the time ? Yeah, I had one of those days today. And the worst is, it won't stop during this week. I'm stuck with angry/whinny people while I want to have a good time. Even at home, my parents are yelling or just angry. This is not a good day to be Luggy today I guess.

Anyway, how are you guys today ?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That makes sense, just because it's translated the same or similarly doesn't mean the exact meaning is carried with it, and the translator may've taken her comments a different way then they originally were intended.

Now I'm curious what Female Robin said to Lucina in the Japanese version considering that one's even harsher then any of Lucina's comments.
The article did say the translation was handled by a different team (Nintendo Treehouse, probably), as FEA's translation was outsourced to 8-4.

If they only had a written script to translate, it's possibly they missed the context and personality. The lines' literal meaning was translated correctly, but they didn't get the tones right in some cases.

While Lucina did have some moments of confidence in FEA, she was nowhere near how she's portrayed in Smash. I think her lines on the trailer were more true to her character, so it was really a mistake on some taunts and win poses.

I'm curious about Robin or other characters with more speaking roles, like those from Kid Icarus or Shulk. Overall, I think the Kid Icarus characters and male Robin seem more true to their original games, though Robin has a few lines that aren't very much in-character.

A similar example of poor translation are Ike's quotes from Brawl (which were reused for this game, both Japanese and English voice overs).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Heh, sorry for... interrupting the conversation..... but....

DMC 4 NEXT GEN EDITIN WITH VERGIL CONFIRMED I AM EXPLODING EVERYWHERE
Hooray, now with fangirls making sure that Vergil has a Huge Tropical Orgy with Dante and Nero. :troll:

Also, the horrid DmC: Devil May Cry reboot will have an updated release coming out first. Let's see more of Dante saying "**** you!" over and over and over and over and over again. :rolleyes:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

Did anybody had that feeling of wanting to be happy and have a nice day but can't because of how people around you are angry all the time ? Yeah, I had one of those days today. And the worst is, it won't stop during this week. I'm stuck with angry/whinny people while I want to have a good time. Even at home, my parents are yelling or just angry. This is not a good day to be Luggy today I guess.

Anyway, how are you guys today ?

FANTASTIC

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
The article did say the translation was handled by a different team (Nintendo Treehouse, probably), as FEA's translation was outsourced to 8-4.

If they only had a written script to translate, it's possibly they missed the context and personality. The lines' literal meaning was translated correctly, but they didn't get the tones right in some cases.

While Lucina did have some moments of confidence in FEA, she was nowhere near how she's portrayed in Smash. I think her lines on the trailer were more true to her character, so it was really a mistake on some taunts and win poses.

I'm curious about Robin or other characters with more speaking roles, like those from Kid Icarus or Shulk. Overall, I think the Kid Icarus characters and male Robin seem more true to their original games, though Robin has a few lines that aren't very much in-character.

A similar example of poor translation are Ike's quotes from Brawl (which were reused for this game, both Japanese and English voice overs).
Yeah, Smash likes to change characters in weird ways, out of the character.

Like, Pit, Palutena and Dark Pit are represented well, but some characters feels wrong. Shulk is potrayed more of a dumb guy with a cool sword more than anything else, Wario is just a "fart joke" character with no references to Wario Land (ironically, there's more references to Wario World for him), Lucina and Female Robin in english are too over-confident, Mario never gives a smile ect...

Of course, characters are overall respected, but some of them feels too weird for being the real characters.

Soul.

Hooray, now with fangirls making sure that Vergil has a Huge Tropical Orgy with Dante and Nero. :troll:

Also, the horrid DmC: Devil May Cry reboot will have an updated release coming out first. Let's see more of Dante saying "**** you!" over and over and over and over and over again. :rolleyes:
Yeah, swearing is so funny. Hahaha, I could laugh at that all day, every day. :troll:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Taking a break to come check on the thread.

Glad I'm living up to my name. I'm suprised that you didn't mention Disney/Toy Story considering that's my alias around these parts.
I was gonna, but at the time/as of now, you're temporarily not the Toy Story guy. AlsoIWasVeryTired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom