• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
It took Mario Party to bring your emotions to the surface. :(
Mario Party is soooo much better designed than... this thing. Smash Tour is just terrible, I hate it ;w;

The thing is I've never liked any of the exclusive Single player modes in each game
Single Player mode is actually a huge part of why I love Smash Bros. I love Melee's single player especially. 3DS' while small was pretty fun, even if Smash Run was flawed. Tour... I just... I just can't :(

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Mario Party is soooo much better designed than... this thing. Smash Tour is just terrible, I hate it ;w;

Single Player mode is actually a huge part of why I love Smash Bros. I love Melee's single player especially. 3DS' while small was pretty fun, even if Smash Run was flawed. Tour... I just... I just can't :(
I could only tolerate so much of Brawl's adventure mode. Probably same for Melee. Smash Run got boring, Smash Tour..... I think everyone agrees on Smash Tour.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I distinctly remember you talking about what's wrong with Smash Run; of course, not even going to bother with Smash Tour, since everyone already knows all the things wrong with it?
All I know is that there has never been a round of Smash Tour with any of my friends where any of us were even remotely happy or entertained by it.

What were they thinking?
"Hey, I know! In a game where the selling point is to let you play as your favorite characters, let's make a mode centered around players never being able to play their favorite characters!"

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
What were they thinking?
"Hey, I know! In a game where the selling point is to let you play as your favorite characters, let's make a mode centered around players never being able to play their favorite characters!"
And the moment you get one of your favorite characters, you walk into something that makes you lose that fighter.

Naoshi

I distinctly remember you talking about what's wrong with Smash Run; of course, not even going to bother with Smash Tour, since everyone already knows all the things wrong with it?
All I know is that there has never been a round of Smash Tour with any of my friends where any of us were even remotely happy or entertained by it.

What were they thinking?
Yeah despite my criticisms with Smash Run, it's a pretty fun mode every now and then. There have been moments where I get real frustrated due to some cheapness going on (like when the game overspawns enemies that attacks too fast and frequently), but for the most part it was a pretty addicting and I love collecting loot in a mode like this. I really do think this is the kind of mode that should stick around in the next Smash with several improvements. It has amazing potential.

As for Smash Tour, I just love how I got 6 characters, used an item to double my dice, managed to hit 12 on the dice. Everything felt fine, I felt like I was finally overcoming this BUT THEN SUDDENLY CHAOTIC STUFF HAPPENS AND ALL MY CHARACTERS GOT SHUFFLED AND I GOT HIT CONSTANTLY! And... then I end up with 2 characters that I am very inexperienced with

Just ouch man, not even exaggerating that turn. It was truly evil mannnn

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And the moment you get one of your favorite characters, you walk into something that makes you lose that fighter.
Yep.
It's usually some asshat with the Tingle trophy, but it can also be any two players colliding into each other and initiating a 300% battle and then someone using a Wolfen (+100%) trophy on you and you dying horribly two seconds into the match.

**** Smash Tour.

Strofirko

Smash Master
After checking what's happening with CSGO and TF2 communities,I fell better because SSB community isn't that BAD...

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
After checking what's happening with CSGO and TF2 communities,I fell better because SSB community isn't that BAD...
Outside of occasional character-related bickering (especially whenever clones are mentioned or Ridley is brought up), Smash community isnt so bad. There are muuuuuuuch worse communities out there.

Last edited:

Naoshi

Thankfully we have something much better than Smash Tour.

The rest of the game.
That's true, but I would really like fun ways to collect my equips and spend some good time on single player you know?

Crazy Orders is okay, but it's a YMMV situation for me, at times I like it, at times I don't.

SharpMcHappy

Smash Apprentice
Outside of occasional character-related bickering (especially whenever clones are mentioned or Ridley is brought up), Smash community isnt so bad. There are muuuuuuuch worse communities out there.
Yeah, there's pretty much bad in EVERY community. The Sonic fanbase is split in half with classic vs new, the Mario fanbase complain about it being repetitive, the Zelda fanbase is divided into what Zelda game is your favorite(and if you hate Skyward Sword or not), the Smash community is basically casual vs competitive, the COD fanbase hates everyone else and so on. There's always those assholes whining about ****, so let's just appreciate those people that just play games and have fun <:

Yeah, Smash tour really bothers me too. I liked the Platform and Break the targets minigames in SSB, I loved Adventure Mode in Melee, I liked Subspace Emissary in Brawl and I really liked Smash Run in SSB43DS. It's just that compared to these, Smash Tour really has nothing to offer and was quite a big letdown.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Good morning Smashboards! How are you?
Do you know how much @Mega Bidoof knows about @elusiveTranscendent? A timezone could lead to a city, a city could lead to a street, a street could lead to a building, and a building... Oh, the unspeakable things...
True, but in the end, you can't really stop someone from knowing how to tell time around the world.
Frostwraith once said that it was midnight where he lived. At the time, it was 7:00 for me, so now I know that we are 5 hours apart. IT'S MATH. BADA DA DADA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Oooh, nice. Can I get a peek at the deck list? c:
http://i.imgur.com/hmJTUQX.png

The deck isn't OTK focused like so many other Madolche decks are. As, personally, I find making the focus of a deck OTK based to be bade as OTKing requires a lot of luck outside of your control. Instead the deck is about getting out a strong field presence and keeping it with the plethora of protection you have against monsters and S/Ts or to be able to get it back next turn if your opponent somehow gets pass it. The deck is just all out keeping your advantage.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Yeah, there's pretty much bad in EVERY community. The Sonic fanbase is split in half with classic vs new, the Mario fanbase complain about it being repetitive, the Zelda fanbase is divided into what Zelda game is your favorite(and if you hate Skyward Sword or not), the Smash community is basically casual vs competitive, the COD fanbase hates everyone else and so on. There's always those *******s whining about ****, so let's just appreciate those people that just play games and have fun <:
You forgot to mention the Pokémon fanbase is always whining on Gen I vs the rest, if Special is better than the anime and X & Y raised the casual vs competitive status. Or the Metroid fanbase always whining on no new game and bashing Other M. Or how Awakening made the ship wars in the Fire Emblem community to rise up to eleven and discussions on who's the worst Lord.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
You forgot to mention the Pokémon fanbase is always whining on Gen I vs the rest, if Special is better than the anime and X & Y raised the casual vs competitive status. Or the Metroid fanbase always whining on no new game and bashing Other M. Or how Awakening made the ship wars in the Fire Emblem community to rise up to eleven and discussions on who's the worst Lord.
Best Lord is Frieza. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom