• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
It's amazing how a community can cling to an old, outdated controller. It's like someone trying to defend the NES controller. "The square shape is comfortable and the lack of buttons makes it less confusing!" But then again, Melee.
It's fine that you don't prefer the GC controller but that attitude there is really off putting.

Just because it's old doesn't mean it's objectively outdated. It works perfectly fine for Smash for many, therefore calling it "outdated" (as if it's objective) especially for Smash Bros is really silly. It's perfectly fine that you don't prefer/like the controller but everyone has their preference but there are reasons why people strongly prefer the GC controller over other ones.

Saying "Melee" is pretty ignorant and has nothing to do with it. I find the GC controller itself very comfortable due to the form factor, the asymmetrical buttons, and the easiest accessibility to the C-Stick. I personally find the GamePad not bad to use, but I have a harder time hitting the 2nd analog stick as fast as the C-Stick due to the layout.

I think everyone should just accept there are controller options that works out differently for everyone. The less generalizing from both sides of the argument, the better.

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Can you start Smash Wii-U from the gamepad qucik start menu?
I played multiple times already & it doesn't appear there.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
How come in Tangled the kind and queen aren't all like "Our daughter was blonde"

I mean, she does look exactly like a younger version of her mother, but why do they believe her?

What convinced them?

Obviously, they bear resemblance to each other compared to Elsa and Anna's mother who completely looks like coronation Elsa.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
So IGN did a video with all their editors detailing their most anticipated games of 2015. Whilst I disagree with all of them, I am much more interested to hear your thoughts, now that Smash is out, what are you most looking forward to playing? (Any platform counts). For me, it is undoubtably Xenoblade Chronicles X, although Zelda Wii U is very, very close in 2nd. Apart from that, Bravely Second, Monster Hunter 4 and Splatoon are definitely day one purchases.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So IGN did a video with all their editors detailing their most anticipated games of 2015. Whilst I disagree with all of them, I am much more interested to hear your thoughts, now that Smash is out, what are you most looking forward to playing? (Any platform counts). For me, it is undoubtably Xenoblade Chronicles X, although Zelda Wii U is very, very close in 2nd. Apart from that, Bravely Second, Monster Hunter 4 and Splatoon are definitely day one purchases.
My list

1. Splatoon
2. Bloodborne

And...that's it really. Everything else I'm not terribly interested in yet.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
1. Splatoon
2. Zelda U
3. Fallout 4 (i don't care if it hasn't been announced yet).
4. The rest

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Last night I accidentally deleted some video files on my USB Hard Drive because the backspace was under the delete button and I was trying to delete an empty folder. As a result I accidentally press both at the same time, and the backspace brought it to the page before. Thus the whole folder with all the video files was selected and deleted. I've been using different recovery programs, and none of them were able to find the folders or files. I'm sad. :(

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Last night I accidentally deleted some video files on my USB Hard Drive because the backspace was under the delete button and I was trying to delete an empty folder. As a result I accidentally press both at the same time, and the backspace brought it to the page before. Thus the whole folder with all the video files was selected and deleted. I've been using different recovery programs, and none of them were able to find the folders or files. I'm sad. :(
euh...no trash?

This is why the trash exists. My Linux by defaults had an option to bypass the trash and give a delete option but I realised that this option is way too dangerous, but I could make it so that it doesn't show up. I did.

Trash can save your life :)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
euh...no trash?

This is why the trash exists. My Linux by defaults had an option to bypass the trash and give a delete option but I realised that this option is way too dangerous, but I could make it so that it doesn't show up. I did.

Trash can save your life :)
If you mean the recycle bin, then no because the USB Hard Drive is a removable drive.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Damn, that really sucks. :(

Anyway, it shows how you should double-check things before deleting something.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well.

Yesterday, I was forced by mom to quit playing video games permanently.

I tried every which way to convince her, but alas, to her 25 is simply too old to be playing video games. I've run out of time.

I can never buy, or even play, another game again. Which means that, for starters, I'll never finish Xenoblade. :crying:

But worst of all...I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO SMASH WITH MY FRIENDS!!

:cry:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Well.

I tried every which way to convince her, but alas, to her 25 is simply too old to be playing video games. I've run out of time.

I can never buy, or even play, another game again. Which means that, for starters, I'll never finish Xenoblade. :crying:

But...you're 25. Your mom can't do that.

Besides my sister's ex husband is well into his 30s and he played video games rather than find a job.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well.

No age is too old to be playing video games. >:[

This may sound rude, but have you considered moving out of your parents' home?

I mean, you're 25! You're 4 years older than me. You're an adult and if there's someone responsible for your actions, it's yourself.

I'm not trying to make you do something you may regret, but I feel there are certain things that must be said.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
But...you're 25. Your mom can't do that.

Besides my sister's ex husband is well into his 30s and he played video games rather than find a job.
My mom is old and very old fashioned. She believes my games are an addiction simply because I innocently asked to play them. And she believes games are corrupting the minds of youths and I'm just too old for them. I simply cannot change her mind. I've tried time and time again to prove I can still be responsible. No dice.

Moving out isn't an option either. I have to take care of dad and aunt when mom isn't home. The only time I will truly be free, is when they're all dead... :crying:

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

I mean, you're 25! You're 4 years older than me. You're an adult and if there's someone responsible for your actions, it's yourself.

I'm not trying to make you do something you may regret, but I feel there are certain things that must be said.
Or even better, when you start college, go live at the dorm so your parents aren't there to nag you about it all so belligerently.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

like, I'm just going to spit out right away, THIS.

I mean seriously, I remember my parents told me sev eral time that I would end up stopping on my own anyway because time for studies...I'm in collegue today and I still love to play.

As for having the time, there's a tool in life called planning.

This tool is high tier if used efficiently.

Also, if I can today enjoy Paper Mario, ages really doesn't matter. TTYD is from 2004 and again, the oldest game i enjoyed a year ago was mega man 2...that's really old.

I don't get it, but really, I don't get why you don't have control on your life that much.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
My mom is old and very old fashioned. She believes my games are an addiction simply because I innocently asked to play them. And she believes games are corrupting the minds of youths and I'm just too old for them. I simply cannot change her mind. I've tried time and time again to prove I can still be responsible. No dice.

Moving out isn't an option either. I have to take care of dad and aunt when mom isn't home. The only time I will truly be free, is when they're all dead... :crying:
They said they same thing about marijuana and rock and roll...

I'm really sorry to hear that though. I'm sure you'll think of something. You can't stay without your hobby forever, right? Maybe your mom will come around.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I've already finished college, so the dorm thing is out. I've tried to tell them and prove I can be responsible. Still nothing. My mom is strict and old fashioned and there is no changing her mind...I've run out of options and every time I bring it up mom and I fight and I always lose. Plus it hurts dad's health to see us fighting...

I don't think mom will come around. I think I truly will be without gaming forever, or at least until my family dies.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I had a technology teacher in middle school who's in his sixties right now who plays Pokemon. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have heard about Pokemon Platinum version.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935

That sounds really rough but there has got to be a compromise that exists. The only (well not only lol but a main reason) why I'm at Uni is my parents pushing me to further my studies, whilst at the same time I can do what I want apart fom that including beginning to plan for an LPing channel on YouTube, if I wasn't at Uni they would (probably) kick me out forcing me to get a job. Just say to your mum that you deserve your free time due to your contribution to the family, even if that is just spent playing videogames it's none of her business. As the others have said you're an adult and even at my age I wouldn't accept this situation unless there really is no alternative. Hope things work out for you soon :)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

ok, I'm done.

corrupting?

ok, first, if you know me, the game that made me love them and litterally changed my life is ssbm.

Yeah, ok, so your mom implied indirectly that ssbm corrupted me.

Yet, what it has done is impressed me on how so detailled a game can be planned and designed.

^Which I today qualify as art.

Also, if anyone tells me that earthbound is included than I just don't want to talk to you.

Really, earthbound is imo doing the complete opposite.

I'm just done.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I've already finished college, so the dorm thing is out. I've tried to tell them and prove I can be responsible. Still nothing. My mom is strict and old fashioned and there is no changing her mind...I've run out of options and every time I bring it up mom and I fight and I always lose. Plus it hurts dad's health to see us fighting...

I don't think mom will come around. I think I truly will be without gaming forever, or at least until my family dies.
I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but do you have a job? That might be why your mom wants you to stop playing videogames. If you can find yourself a job, your mom might stop being so belligerent about this whole thing.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You are 25, have already finished college, and you are letting your Mother tell you what to do?
Her job was to help you become a functional adult; if you are an adult, she has absolutely no input on what you can and can't do.
If she really needs to tell you what to do, then perhaps you should have different priorities than playing games.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but do you have a job? That might be why your mom wants you to stop playing videogames. If you can find yourself a job, your mom might stop being so belligerent about this whole thing.
I had a bit of job training in November. It was for a call center. But during the role play in which I'd be giving customer support to a customer, I got nervous every time and that led to me being let off the program. It's an I guess kind of social anxiety.

mom also blames the games for academic failures in years past. When in truth, it was because I was depressed by things and I used games as a way of escape. In high school, a close friend of mine fell in with the punk-goth crowd and drifted from me. In undergrad, I was dealing with a friend ending our friendship. In grad years (which I dropped out of) I was trying to cope with the sudden passing of someone I knew. I know I didn't exercise moderation before, and wanted to prove I can now. But she will forever say no. And all I do everyday at home is chores, chores, chores. And she is always after me about it too.

I've tried everything. I'm sorry. :(

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You are 25, have already finished college, and you are letting your Mother tell you what to do?
Her job was to help you become a functional adult; if you are an adult, she has absolutely no input on what you can and can't do.
If she really needs to tell you what to do, then perhaps you should have different priorities than playing games.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding something.
There is also the possibility if you tell you're mother as an adult "I don't have to listen to you anymore, I am an adult!"

They could just kick you out of the house because you are an adult and don't listen to them

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
There is also the possibility if you tell you're mother as an adult "I don't have to listen to you anymore, I am an adult!"

They could just kick you out of the house because you are an adult and don't listen to them
I considered that, but at that point you're basically being blackmailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom