• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
This is good.

This is amazing.

This is a lopsided mess.

One thumb is going up, one is going down. That's terrible design. Level sticks are good design.
Aw hell naw! I was considering getting a pro controller due to current difficulty with adapters but seeing this reminding me what it looks like, that is a 100% pure no! Leveled control sticks are a pain on their own but that! That is just just abysmal! And wireless? Double negative, I HATE wireless products.

Im just gonna stick with the Wii U game pad till I have a gamecube adapter.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It's hard to explain: The GCN controller has "that feel" that sets it apart from another controllers.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Lol I'm seeing a lot of people in YouTube complaining about the Wii U Pro Controller.
Is it really that bad, to the point that people still want to use that one controller.
I'm currently using the pro controller. They only problem is that I've built a lot of muscle memory with the GC controller, but after a lot of practice, I'm starting to play more fluidly and SDing a lot less (like, sometimes I forgot where the jump button is, panicked, and accidentally SD). Also, I have a new button configuration, so I'm still getting used to that.

I honestly don't find it that bad. I think I may end up using the pro controller since my hands seem to strain less than when I use the GC controller, for some reason. Health is a big factor I take into consideration (the more healthy my hands are, the longer I could keep playing video games).

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Im just gonna stick with the Wii U game pad till I have a gamecube adapter.
Since I'm getting the game for Christmas and the Adapter is being such a pain to get, I'm probably going to have to deal with using the Gamecube Fightpad until the Adapter is easier to get.

Last edited:

Soul.

It's my opinion, but it is also the general consensus apparently.
Though honestly I'm hearing a lot of "GCN controls suck" which I general brush off as hipsters being hipsters.
A huge part of me thinks people use the GCN controller so that their muscle memory isn't messed up.
Eh. Maybe some people think the GCN controller sucks because Maylay.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Have fun waiting forever.
Don't underestimate the power of THE AURA

On my Steely Bird stuff, I was about to get a 3IV Skarmory
Me: "It has sturdy, so no problem"
*Skarmory used Brave Bird!*
Me: Dammit I forgot about that....

D

Deleted member

Since I'm getting the game for Christmas and the Adapter is being such a pain to get, I'm probably going to have to deal with using the Gamecube Fightpad until the Adapter is easier to get.
At least, you can play Virtual Console with your GameCube controller on Wii U.. sort of. :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Apparently I'm a hipster because I don't like lopsided designs.

I never said the GC controller was bad, I just said that I prefer the Pro Controller.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like how in Santa Claus is coming to town, the fight against the burger meister is never really resolved

He just eventually falls out of power

Soul.

Apparently I'm a hipster because I don't like lopsided designs.

I never said the GC controller was bad, I just said that I prefer the Pro Controller.
At some point Nintendo is going to have to drop the GCN controller and make something with wired compability as an option.
I get what you're saying though.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I still need to get a GC controller. About three weeks before the GC Adaptor was announced, I gave away mine. I have an adaptor, just need to get a controller.

I tried the Gamepad and the controls suck. The Wii U Pro Controller is pretty good though, once you adjust the shield and grab buttons.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
At some point Nintendo is going to have to drop the GCN controller and make something with wired compability as an option.
It's amazing how a community can cling to an old, outdated controller. It's like someone trying to defend the NES controller. "The square shape is comfortable and the lack of buttons makes it less confusing!" But then again, Melee.

Personally speaking, Nintendo controllers have always been my least favorite, and now I get burned at the stake. It's something I have to give to Sony, the Playstation controller has always been my favorite. But even the old ones can't compare to the PS4 controller, which is probably the greatest controller I've ever held in my hands. That thing is so damn comfortable.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I've only tried Smash 4 with a Pro Controller and 3DS. I prefer the 3DS solely because I've spent more time with it. Then again, I don't mind the Pro Controller either. I just have to get used to the shoulder buttons. I'll also have to get used to GC controller again since I haven't used it in a long time until I played Brawl on Sunday.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I still need to get a GC controller. About three weeks before the GC Adaptor was announced, I gave away mine. I have an adaptor, just need to get a controller.
I tried the Gamepad and the controls suck. The Wii U Pro Controller is pretty good though, once you adjust the shield and grab buttons.
Yeah, I hate using the Gamepad, it's like controlling Smash with a giant square Gameboy Advance.
Even the Wii Remote and Nunchuk combo is better.
Someone said the GCN adapters are getting restocked, I can't wait for that if it's valid.

Morbi

Scavenger
It's amazing how a community can cling to an old, outdated controller. It's like someone trying to defend the NES controller. "The square shape is comfortable and the lack of buttons makes it less confusing!" But then again, Melee.

Personally speaking, Nintendo controllers have always been my least favorite, and now I get burned at the stake. It's something I have to give to Sony, the Playstation controller has always been my favorite. But even the old ones can't compare to the PS4 controller, which is probably the greatest controller I've ever held in my hands. That thing is so damn comfortable.
I feel the same way about Nintendo controllers; in fact, I believe most people do as well... which is why they cling to that old outdated controller. It was the only decent one. Or at least that is how I feel. I have been bouncing between three or four different controllers in anticipation of the GC controller adapter restock just because I know it will not be ****ed up like the rest. I do not like the GC controller, but; at the very least, I do not hate it either.

That being said, the PS4 is the greatest controller you have ever held?! LMFAO. :4jigglypuff:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Pfft! Just because something can throw an aura sphere does not make it an aura pokemon! Just a bunch of pretenders and wannabes!

Morbi

Scavenger
Pfft! Just because something can throw an aura sphere does not make it an aura pokemon! Just a bunch of pretenders and wannabes!
Just because something can throw a punch does not make it a fighting Pokemon! Just a bunch of pretenders and wannabes! But seriously though, why is Lucario a steel type? I will never understand.

D

Deleted member

Just because something can throw a punch does not make it a fighting Pokemon! Just a bunch of pretenders and wannabes! But seriously though, why is Lucario a steel type? I will never understand.
Lucario drank enough milk to make its bones tough as steel.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Nano machines son!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I just started watching a J-Drama based on a manga. It's the second season since the first season was apparently quite popular last year. I watched the first season when it was airing as well.
One of my favorite characters from the anime was a foreigner. I found out she appears in the next episode, so I decided to look up who the actress was. Read her blog, and I decided to see if she had a Facebook "Like" page. I was unable to find a "Like" page for her. Instead, I found her actual Facebook page, and she is friends with a French foreign exchange student I knew during college. When I say friends, I mean actual friends. It's a small world...

Edit: I should also probably mention that I know someone who is friends with I think the current Blue Ranger...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wish I had a Bishie Sparkle...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just started watching a J-Drama based on a manga. It's the second season since the first season was apparently quite popular last year. I watched the first season when it was airing as well.
One of my favorite characters from the anime was a foreigner. I found out she appears in the next episode, so I decided to look up who the actress was. Read her blog, and I decided to see if she had a Facebook "Like" page. I was unable to find a "Like" page for her. Instead, I found her actual Facebook page, and she is friends with a French foreign exchange student I knew during college. When I say friends, I mean actual friends. It's a small world...

Edit: I should also probably mention that I know someone who is friends with I think the current Blue Ranger...
By current do you mean super mega force or the one that comes after that

Edit: Ah dang it

I didn't mean to do that

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Is there a reason why 4:15 AM seemed like a good time to finally make a twitter account? I am unsure of my own decisions at times.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How come in Tangled the kind and queen aren't all like "Our daughter was blonde"

I mean, she does look exactly like a younger version of her mother, but why do they believe her?

What convinced them?

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I wish I had a Bishie Sparkle...
I'm sure you have one.

You just need to search deep down, and find your inner bishounen!

And always remember: beauty comes from within. Bishie Sparkles can be born from the inside -- from your heart -- and grow, seeping through to the outside, touching everyone with warmth rays.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

This youtube thing is trying to convince people soda is bad by boiling it and having a goupy mess left afterward

You know what that's called?

Molasses

What do you think happens when you put sugar through a boiling process?

It's soda flavored molasses

Edit: Yeah Soda is bad for you, but not because boiling sugar turns into molasses

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom