• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

He's near the edge of being guilty for bad puns.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
In addition to Toy Story that Time Forgot I also watched the mid-season/fall finale of Sleepy Hollow last night. The show never ceases to amaze and stun me. Gotta wait till January for more episodes though....on the plus side it wasn't the finale for the whole season just yet.
I kinda saw that ending coming to be honest.

I just kept on waiting and waiting for Henry to turn against the demon guy (no idea how to spell the name lol) this whole season due to the way he was treating him.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I...a...what.

IOS games never cease to amaze me with their originality.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
But man, it's Game Freak. They constantly add cool new features and completely remove them forever the next few games. It's part of why I no longer get myself hyped over Pokemon games. I can't believe VS Seeker is still gone :/
Speaking of this, here's what GF said about features that they add in and remove:

A:The basic structure of Pokemon games and the elements that keep the series together like Gyms, Elite Four and Champions are not going to change. We still haven't decided which of the newly-introduced features we're going to keep; we never distinguish between "experiments" and "features to keep". It all depends on the fans' reaction.
Honestly, this is pretty depressing, and it's really shows how GF's model has started to show its age over the years. A lot of the features that they have removed across the generations have been very well received and helped to advance the games further in terms of their content, accessibility and playability, so the idea that they weren't worthwhile to keep is completely baffling as many fans did want them to keep them in the first place. Customization didn't have to be removed for ORAS because of the idea that "it's nostalgic and exclusive to Kalos", the Battle Frontier only added content and gave a lot to do for those who cared about it, the difficulty levels of B2W2 allowed fans to either get more of a challenge or make the game easier by their choice, and so on. All of these features could advance the series if they were improved, and yet GF's model prevents them from staying and leaves them behind to be forgotten for their next idea. So instead of going forward, they're just rotating out their new ideas with the old ones, which leads the series to stagnate somewhat and keep it from fully advancing.

I honestly do hope that GF will realize that this model doesn't serve the series well, but unfortunately, they've been doing it for years and I doubt they'll stop anytime soon. The Frontier is just another casualty of their ideology.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

So that's why Sonic Boom : Rise of Lyrics was so bad.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Speaking of this, here's what GF said about features that they add in and remove:

Honestly, this is pretty depressing, and it's really shows how GF's model has started to show its age over the years. A lot of the features that they have removed across the generations have been very well received and helped to advance the games further in terms of their content, accessibility and playability, so the idea that they weren't worthwhile to keep is completely baffling as many fans did want them to keep them in the first place. Customization didn't have to be removed for ORAS because of the idea that "it's nostalgic and exclusive to Kalos", the Battle Frontier only added content and gave a lot to do for those who cared about it, the difficulty levels of B2W2 allowed fans to either get more of a challenge or make the game easier by their choice, and so on. All of these features could advance the series if they were improved, and yet GF's model prevents them from staying and leaves them behind to be forgotten for their next idea. So instead of going forward, they're just rotating out their new ideas with the old ones, which leads the series to stagnate somewhat and keep it from fully advancing.

I honestly do hope that GF will realize that this model doesn't serve the series well, but unfortunately, they've been doing it for years and I doubt they'll stop anytime soon. The Frontier is just another casualty of their ideology.
Never forget how Gen 3 completely axed the Day/Night system

What in the hell were they seriously thinking?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I kinda saw that ending coming to be honest.

I just kept on waiting and waiting for Henry to turn against the demon guy (no idea how to spell the name lol) this whole season due to the way he was treating him.
I saw it coming as well. Was almost fooled a moment before the climax though, he really seemed to be "gone" and sided with Moloch (the demon) even after the way Molohch kept treating him he still seemed to be really obedient and bent on sticking to the path he had already chosen. But yeah near the end I was just waiting for the moment to come.

What I didn't see coming though, was Irving's death. My biggest curiosity now is what will happen to his soul and all...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Finished :4ness: and :4falcon:'s Custom Moves + All-Star
Now onto KillagerBillagerVillager.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
This music. What is even happening here. The only thing I can understand here is " I'm the principal " and yelling. Well, it's singed by a guy who supplex deers so I don't question it.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You're surely getting the custom moves fast... Then again, I haven't been playing a lot...
Wanna know something funny?
Me and my Sister both own Smash 3DS.
My Sister has had the game since Launch Date.
I got the game on Nov. 28th.
I have only Villager, Olimar, Wii Fit Trainer, Dark Pit, Lucina, Shulk, PAC-MAN, Mega Man and Sonic's Custom Moves left.
My Sister only has PAC-MAN's Custom Moves finished.
There's somethin'.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
After watching the Smash Wii U APEX stream yesterday, I have a bit more confidence that this game will end up having a long life competitively even if it never reaches the popularity of Melee/PM...

that is if Twitch chat will stop playing Sm4sh vs Melee/PM. Why can't we have both games and live in peace?

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
After watching the Smash Wii U APEX stream yesterday, I have a bit more confidence that this game will end up having a long life competitively even if it never reaches the popularity of Melee/PM...

that is if Twitch chat will stop playing Sm4sh vs Melee/PM. Why can't we have both games and live in peace?
Problem number 1: You read and take twitch chat seriously.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Problem number 1: You read and take twitch chat seriously.
I don't think it would be that silly to consider that chat influences watchability. If the chat is particularly bad, I leave or get annoyed and I think its the same for a lot of people who try to defend Sm4sh. While I don't take it seriously, seeing everybody spam ResidentSleeper all the time gets a little frustrating and tiring to be honest and I think people who stream any game like that would agree in some sense because people who are bored means less viewers which brings the question "Why would I stream this if my viewers don't like it?".

Luckily Sm4sh viewership has been pretty good and the stream only lost viewers when it went to Melee (ironically enough). So while the chat isn't to be taken seriously, as much as I hate to admit it, their opinions are important in terms of the long run. Will the hype keep up after a year with this game or will it fizzle out? Streamers aren't gonna wanna stream a game that is boring for viewers to watch. Brawl became that and is hardly streamed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom