• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wonder if we'll get a direct soon.

D

Deleted member

How come? Is there a good reason to believe so?

..We gon' celebrate and party with yoooou~~
They've been happening bi-monthly on a pretty consistent basis this year, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a new one either. It would probably only be about upcoming stuff though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As for master edges, getting up to him for the first time freaked me out. It's just like "Oh look there's a blade! *Shhhnnk!* Oh now there's 5... *Shhnnnkkkk!* run away!"
Master Core is the best Smash Bros. boss ever.

Hardcore Eldritch Abomination that comes out of nowhere and is hard as ****. What's not to like?

And Dark Pit just assassinates you with his FS. Literally, biggest headshot, I don't even. @.@
Staffs in KIU are kind of cold killing weapons. They're the equivalent to sniper rifles of the Kid Icarus universe.

They have longer reload time for charge shots (continuous fire can be done anytime), but they have a lot of range and pack quite a punch. I've done so many OHKOs in KIU's multiplayer thanks to staffs.

(Actually, Dark Pit's FS is mechanically identical to Zelda's Light Arrow...)

Not sure if it's been posted here yet, but this is some very sad news for anyone who has ever played a video game:

http://www.screwattack.com/news/father-video-games-ralph-baer-dead-92

RIP, you've made it to the next level. :cry:
May he rest in peace.

People like him will always be engraved in history.

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I'll take another Pokemon Direct in January, like the one in 2013, after all we don't know what the next game is going to be, and who knows, maybe Mewtwo's trailer for Smash at the same time?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'll take another Pokemon Direct in January, like the one in 2013, after all we don't know what the next game is going to be, and who knows, maybe Mewtwo's trailer for Smash at the same time?
Jeez, the X/Y direct is almost two years old now. Time flies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Not sure if real interview, but https://translate.google.com/transl...asuda-e-shigeru-ohmori-ci-&edit-text=&act=url

"
How come you have not entered the Battle Frontier?

This question is related to the previous answer. We have not entered the Battle Frontier for just this reason.

Ed. In simple words, the Battle Frontier was not included because only a very small part of the players would then valued and used this feature of the game, players get tired easily than in the past and are not attracted to these challenges "challenging"."

Nice logic you have there, GameFreak.

----

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Been playing Borderlands TPS. As a long time fan of Borderlands, that ending not only stabbed my previous thoughts on the ending of Borderlands 2, but made me completely hyped on what Borderlands 3 could be.

...I don't even think anyone here plays Borderlands, but hey, that's where I'm at...

,_,

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I think Battle Frontier is reserved for Delta Emerald. If not, it doesn't bother me too much as I only got one silver coin in the BF in Emerald...never really bothered trying to complete them.

D

Deleted member

Been playing Borderlands TPS. As a long time fan of Borderlands, that ending not only stabbed my previous thoughts on the ending of Borderlands 2, but made me completely hyped on what Borderlands 3 could be.

...I don't even think anyone here plays Borderlands, but hey, that's where I'm at...

,_,
Long time fan here, about 1K hours across both games. I really want to play the Pre-Sequel, but I'm waiting until I get my PC upgraded foist.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I think Battle Frontier is reserved for Delta Emerald. If not, it doesn't bother me too much as I only got one silver coin in the BF in Emerald...never really bothered trying to complete them.
I sucked at the BF as well, but I liked it there were different battle types per faction. You could battle normally, but for example also battle while letting the game AI choose your moves and hoping your Pokémon had the right nature.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Not sure if real interview, but https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.pokemonmillennium.net/articoli/1345/intervista-eslusiva-junichi-masuda-e-shigeru-ohmori-ci-&edit-text=&act=url

"

This question is related to the previous answer. We have not entered the Battle Frontier for just this reason.

Ed. In simple words, the Battle Frontier was not included because only a very small part of the players would then valued and used this feature of the game, players get tired easily than in the past and are not attracted to these challenges "challenging"."

----
Oh but they're absolutely right. I mean, it's not like I completed Emerald's BF, and was extremely disappointed by X/Y's post-game, and was hyped for ORAS just for that reason. I mean, the challenge is just too much amirite?:troll:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
That Uncharted 4 gameplay tho.
Such a beautiful game.
I'm hyped for so much games right now.
Street Fighter V, Metal Gear Solid V, Uncharted 4, Zelda, Star Fox, Tekken 7, Pokken Tournament.
Holy poop...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Hi everyone!

If you noticed (or forgot) that I wasn't very active lately, it's because I was working to make a Minecraft ressources pack based on TTYD textures (mostly based on ripped one).

This is so far what you can see, but this is a WIP:

http://imgur.com/a/RlYJM

Features font and lots of textures!

it of course comes with gorgeousness :)

Love it?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hi everyone!

If you noticed (or forgot) that I wasn't very active lately, it's because I was working to make a Minecraft ressources pack based on TTYD textures (mostly based on ripped one).

Love it?
Never stop, aldelaro.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not sure if real interview, but https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.pokemonmillennium.net/articoli/1345/intervista-eslusiva-junichi-masuda-e-shigeru-ohmori-ci-&edit-text=&act=url

"

----
Well to be fair, it's not like people don't complain about challenge.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Well to be fair, it's not like people don't complain about challenge.
But BF is still kind of an optional thing, so it is really lame they took out such a feature just because some people can't handle it, especially when it never got in the way. They could've ignored it no problem...

But man, it's Game Freak. They constantly add cool new features and completely remove them forever the next few games. It's part of why I no longer get myself hyped over Pokemon games. I can't believe VS Seeker is still gone :/

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
But BF is still kind of an optional thing, so it is really lame they took out such a feature just because some people can't handle it, especially when it never got in the way. They could've ignored it no problem...

But man, it's Game Freak. They constantly add cool new features and completely remove them forever the next few games. It's part of why I no longer get myself hyped over Pokemon games. I can't believe VS Seeker is still gone :/
To be fair, we don't need VS Seeker because we can rebattle trainers.
I agree with you on the rest. BF, contests (not this gen), Black Tower/White Treehollow, proper gym leader rematches, customization, all gone.
I could've understand no BF if the reasoning was they didn't have enough time to program the seven different factions with each their own AI, but this is terrible reasoning.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Battle Frontier added some post-game material, which ORAS and even X and Y lacked. It certainly would've helped more than harmed.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think we'd have discovered this song by now. It might be actually JP exclusive :(

Ah, I see. I don't care too much for Ashley's theme. It kind of sucks that we don't get anything new from Wario in terms of remixes. >:
Who cares then. The Ashley song is pure ****.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
To be fair, we don't need VS Seeker because we can rebattle trainers.
I agree with you on the rest. BF, contests (not this gen), Black Tower/White Treehollow, proper gym leader rematches, customization, all gone.
I could've understand no BF if the reasoning was they didn't have enough time to program the seven different factions with each their own AI, but this is terrible reasoning.
How does ORAS's rematches work? Is it as useful and quick as VS Seeker? VS Seeker was very convenient, and had less repetitive grind since you can rematch nearly any trainer.

Who cares then. The Ashley song is pure ****.
I am honestly more concerned about the lack of new remixes for Wario at all in this game. It's baffling.

Last edited:

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
That Uncharted 4 gameplay tho.
Such a beautiful game.
I'm hyped for so much games right now.
Street Fighter V, Metal Gear Solid V, Uncharted 4, Zelda, Star Fox, Tekken 7, Pokken Tournament.
Holy poop...
Yeah man, falling through the map is so hype.

Jokes aside, it's a good time to own a PS4. Sony made that clear during PSX.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
How does ORAS's rematches work? Is it as useful and quick as VS Seeker? VS Seeker was very convenient, and had less repetitive grind since you can rematch nearly any trainer.
Pretty much, you have to walk some steps on a random route and then you get a notification a trainer on that route wants to rematch you.

And I actually like Ashley's Song...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not sure if it's been posted here yet, but this is some very sad news for anyone who has ever played a video game:

http://www.screwattack.com/news/father-video-games-ralph-baer-dead-92

RIP, you've made it to the next level. :cry:
yeah thats been said a while ago.
Holy moly! If we have any SnK fans here. Then read the new chapter, like right now!
You can just tll m what happened pfff I dont read mangas, I mostly only watch anime. my adhd make me what to see action, not read it

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Pretty much, you have to walk some steps on a random route and then you get a notification a trainer on that route wants to rematch you.
But do they still have those "this has no impact on the story but let's stop you dead in your tracks to see it anyway" conversations?

T

Trick or Treat

Hi everyone!

Love it?
I love you.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hi everyone!

Love it?
Wow, it's seriously impressive. Love your dedication. :)

EDIT: No one dare insult Ashley's song when I'm around. I'll turn you into a spoon~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom