• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

ANOTHER Freddy sequel??? For pete's sake the FIRST game only came out FOUR MONTHS ago and yet another new damn sequel?

And it doesn't help I'm quickly getting annoyed from the over obsessed community already. :glare:
Agreed x9000.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I think it'd be really cool if he made 3 in order to tie up plotlines. It'd be so cool hehe. ^_^

EDIT: i know you guys are probably sick and tired of it... sozzzz :p

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Imma preorder the Amibos I would like to see looking at me everyday, Shulk , Luigi,... Ike, Espetioly Ike And Pit...Ohh.. oh boy Ike oh
I think it'd be really cool if he made 3 in order to tie up plotlines. It'd be so cool hehe. ^_^

EDIT: i know you guys are probably sick and tired of it... sozzzz :p
In all honest, the the games didnt have a story, they would be much better. No Songs made, no cringe worthy fan voices for the them

Soul.

ANOTHER Freddy sequel??? For pete's sake the FIRST game only came out FOUR MONTHS ago and yet another new damn sequel?

And it doesn't help I'm quickly getting annoyed from the over obsessed community already. :glare:
So scary. Much frightening. Very robotic bear.
Really though, it's getting annoying.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, so for one of my classes, all the tests are online. Tell me my professor doesn't have the best sense of humor.

my teacher has a sense of humor.png

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I do think it's rather early to have a third game....and I was kind of worried that 2 wouldn't turn out so well because of how quickly it was released, but I thought it was fine in the end.

Still, I do hope that a bit more time is spent on the next one, as long as Scott thinks he can do more to improve it (without making it too huge either) It being announced this early is fine by me regardless though.

Also not sure about the rest of ya but I personally like a lot of the fan songs and voices and all, as long as they fit the storyline of the game and the characters, respectively.

The overall fanbase does have....a lot of bad moments, though.....

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Imma preorder the Amibos I would like to see looking at me everyday, Shulk , Luigi,... Ike, Espetioly Ike And Pit...Ohh.. oh boy Ike oh

In all honest, the the games didnt have a story, they would be much better. No Songs made, no cringe worthy fan voices for the them
I dunno if I agree with that. To me iof it was literally just animatronics coming up and scaring you/even killing you if you wanted to let that much of the story seep in, i'd be far less interested. I'm not a horror game fan, the reason I like FNaF is because it has potential roots in other things and because of that makes the animatronics coming to get you feel so much worse.

Kingofphantoms is right though, the FNaF fanbase can be... well yeah.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Thats why I said It would of been better off without a story
Perhaps. I must say, I can't go beyond the lore and play it myself, i'd freak myself out. :p

I think it's fine to enjoy the game for its story, I know I certainly do (and KoP does too). If it gets out of hand with a bad fanbase, I don't think that's necessarily a good reason to turn on the game. All it was trying to do was be an interesting game. =P

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
So Sakurai was right " they are all children, so it cant be helped"
We basically complain like kids, thats for sure
Not sure how this applies here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2olg6s/interview_with_junichi_masuada_reasoning_behind/

New interview with Junichi Masua. Basically, they make the game easy and take out the battle frontier because we're all casuals.
Ugh, why do they feel the need to dumb down the Pokemon difficulty? Pokemon games weren't really hard to begin with. I don't feel I'm missing much out with ORAS to be honest.

Last edited:

Golden Gallade

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3823-9001-5955
Why dose Masuda say they want to make the main game easy and the post game hard, and then immediately after that he says they took out the battle frontier because it made the post game hard?

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Actually, it's implied in Kid Icarus: Uprising that

Hades being evil isn't necessarily due to him being the Underworld god, but because he's abusing his powers as a god. There's an implication that the existence of the Underworld is necessary to maintain a balance.

There isn't the Hades = Underworld = Evil thing in play, actually.

You should play that game if you haven't, by the way.
Wait... I'm confused.

Why name him Hades then? I mean, he still seeks destruction, right? Something the Greek Hades would never do (among other things), which is why I still think it's portraying misconceptions... Okay, I mean, it's possible that Hades might want to, idk, do some bad things, like kill people or destroy whatever. But, like I said before, there are far better Greek gods that fit the bill, so why make Hades abuse his powers and become the villain (yet again)? Zeus would make a more interesting villain imo.

Yeah, the Underworld is never an evil thing.

What I'm trying to get at, is that I guess I wished they portrayed some characters more closer to their Greek counterparts. However, it's kinda like Disney and their interpretations of some classic tales. I'm just overly picky when it comes to Hades (as he's one of my fave Greek gods) and how he's portrayed in some media (there's some that I think do a decent job at presenting him though).

I always thought it would be cool if Pit had to go to Hades and ask to borrow Cerberus or some weapon to help complete a part of the game. Of course, Pit would need to defeat the dog or Hades to receive whatever in order to prove he's worthy. Or maybe help Hades recover after he got the **** beaten out of him randomly by Hercules and his arrows (or depending on the interpretation used, choose to side with either Hades or Hercules before the battle). Something more akin to the myths I guess (perhaps make him more neutral idk).

I've played the original KI and Of Myths and Monsters, but Uprising doesn't interest me that much (which is why I only read/watched playthroughs).

Last edited:

Naoshi

Why dose Masua say they want to make the main game easy and the post game hard, and then immediately after that he says they took out the battle frontier because it made the post game hard?
I recall he once mentioned that they won't ever make a Pokemon Snap 2 because kids has smartphones with cameras nowadays.

I don't even...

D

Deleted member

I recall he once mentioned that they won't ever make a Pokemon Snap 2 because kids has smartphones with cameras nowadays.

I don't even...
So that implies that..

Smartphone with camera = portable

3DS = portable console

Pokémon Snap 2 for 3DS. Not that I want one to happen as I'm not a Pokémon guy, but just saying. xD

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait... I'm confused.

Why name him Hades then? I mean, he still seeks destruction, right? Something the Greek Hades would never do (among other things), which is why I still think it's portraying misconceptions... Okay, I mean, it's possible that Hades might want to, idk, do some bad things, like kill people or destroy whatever. But, like I said before, there are far better Greek gods that fit the bill, so why make Hades abuse his powers and become the villain (yet again)? Zeus would make a more interesting villain imo.

Yeah, the Underworld is never an evil thing.

What I'm trying to get at, is that I guess I wished they portrayed some characters more closer to their Greek counterparts. However, it's kinda like Disney and their interpretations of some classic tales. I'm just overly picky when it comes to Hades (as he's one of my fave Greek gods) and how he's portrayed in some media (there's some that I think do a decent job at presenting him though).

I always thought it would be cool if Pit had to go to Hades and ask to borrow Cerberus or some weapon to help complete a part of the game. Of course, Pit would need to defeat the dog or Hades to receive whatever in order to prove he's worthy. Or maybe help Hades recover after he got the **** beaten out of him randomly by Hercules and his arrows (or depending on the interpretation used, choose to side with either Hades or Hercules before the battle). Something more akin to the myths I guess.

I've played the original KI and Of Myths and Monsters, but Uprising doesn't interest me that much (which is why I only read/watched playthroughs).
Reminds me of this.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EverybodyHatesHades

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I have completed Rysir, Jiggsbomb and elusiveTranscendent's Custom Moves + All-Star.
Onwards to :4duckhunt:.

Naoshi

So that implies that..

Smartphone with camera = portable

3DS = portable console

Pokémon Snap 2 for 3DS. Not that I want one to happen as I'm not a Pokémon guy, but just saying. xD
I'd rather want it on Wii U with beautiful HD visuals. It's perfect for this type of game honestly! (And you never needed an actual camera to play the game, so his logic made even less sense)

..But honestly, I just want Pokemon Snap 2 at all at this point. 1 was soooooo freaking fun and addicting. I love the whole challenge score thing too

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I'd rather want it on Wii U with beautiful HD visuals. It's perfect for this type of game honestly! (And you never needed an actual camera to play the game, so his logic made even less sense)

..But honestly, I just want Pokemon Snap 2 at all at this point. 1 was soooooo freaking fun and addicting. I love the whole challenge score thing too
I wouldnt mind Pokemon Snap 2 for 3DS, playing it at college would be fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom