• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trick or Treat

I have the same problem. Well, that and my English grammar isn't what it used to be.
Ugh, same here. I feel like my brain has turned to mush when it comes to writing, with things such as grammar and just writing ability it general.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
When Pit and Hades are in the same battle, instead of their normal entrances they're already in stage and have this exchange:
"Hades"
"Pit"
"Hades"
"Pit"
"HAAAAAADEEEEES!!"
"PIIIIIIIIIIT!!!"
"It's on!"
That would be wonderful.

I'd rather have a hole in the ground as a playable character though.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Would it be okay if I also get an invite? I used to write original fiction constantly, but for years now I've lost motivation. I constantly come up with what I think are pretty cool characters/plots but whenever I try to begin writing, it lasts like five minutes before I lose interest again. I really want to start writing again so maybe a group like this will give me that little boost.
Can relate here.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I'll think about it, will let you know in 10 minutes
Well, you lose nothing by joining. At minimum, you'll just have access to some random user group.

If you should know anything, know that this Group is more of a resource for your own improvement. You can use the Lounge for Q&As, feedback, book reviews, storytelling analysis, and whatever else.

I'll use it to film tonight's episode.

I'd most likely use it as a place to pitch my story and its concept to a group of people outside of publishers, etc, who aren't exactly useful with feedback.
The Group is currently configured so that only members can view threads and posts (at least, I think it's set up that way). This is so users can feel more comfortable sharing their writing material, save from prying public eyes.

And try to invite members who have an actual interest in writing, whatever the form. So over time, we should (ideally) be building a strong little community of mature and reasonable folks. 8D

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
@ Cobalsh Cobalsh , @R.O.B., @ Digital Hazard Digital Hazard ,

With all this talk of fan fiction, perhaps you three would be interested in joining the SWF Writer's Lounge group, co-created by myself and Radical Beam.

Discussion of all things fan fiction, original fiction, and non-fiction alike are welcome. The purpose of the group is to give Smashers who are interested in writing a place to get writing advice and resources, and basically help each other maximize our cumulative writing potential.

I'm no stranger to fan fiction or writing, so I'd have plenty to say. And there aren't many members at the moment, so activity is unfortunately low; the more the merrier, therefore.

If joining this Group interests you, let me know, and I'll send invites.
Sure, why the hell not? This would be a good oppurtunity to right for once.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
The Group is currently configured so that only members can view threads and posts (at least, I think it's set up that way). This is so users can feel more comfortable sharing their writing material, save from prying public eyes.
This is actually pretty important to me, count me in.

T

Trick or Treat

@Envy I'll send you an invite also.

As for everyone else, expect invites shortly.
Thank you, I appreciate it.

Today at work, actually, I got such an urge to start writing again, so this is actually perfect timing.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht Invite plz.
I want to part of all your endeavors.
If I'm not asking too much, could you invite me as well?
Do you two have a legitimate passion and/or interest in writing, whatever the form? And is your goal self-improvement as a writer?

As much as I'd like to invite as many as I can, I'd prefer to only add people who are somewhat serious about using the Lounge for its intended purposes (improving yourself and others).

This is actually pretty important to me, count me in.
Already done. 8D

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
@ Cobalsh Cobalsh , @R.O.B., @ Digital Hazard Digital Hazard ,

With all this talk of fan fiction, perhaps you three would be interested in joining the SWF Writer's Lounge group, co-created by myself and Radical Beam.

Discussion of all things fan fiction, original fiction, and non-fiction alike are welcome. The purpose of the group is to give Smashers who are interested in writing a place to get writing advice and resources, and basically help each other maximize our cumulative writing potential.

I'm no stranger to fan fiction or writing, so I'd have plenty to say. And there aren't many members at the moment, so activity is unfortunately low; the more the merrier, therefore.

If joining this Group interests you, let me know, and I'll send invites.
Is this only for narrative writing? What other types of writings do you discuss?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Do you two have a legitimate passion and/or interest in writing, whatever the form? And is your goal self-improvement as a writer?

As much as I'd like to invite as many as I can, I'd prefer to only add people who aren't somewhat serious about using the Lounge for its intended purposes (improving yourself and others).

Already done. 8D
Yes. I write some stuff, but am generally too insecure to publish them. So maybe this group will help me with that and also give me tips to improve my stories that's deliberately needed. My dialogs for example are really terrible.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Yes. I write some stuff, but am generally too insecure to publish them. So maybe this group will help me with that and also give me tips to improve my stories that's deliberately needed. My dialogs for example are really terrible.
I realized I'm terrible at writing dialogue as well. I'm okay with internal monologues, and I'm alright with just writing articles or my own thoughts. Describing atmosphere in a narrative is something I struggled with. Probably the hardest thing for me is coming up with titles.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Ice Climbers appear as playable in the last trailer.

Another leak is proven false.

Sakurai wins.
The end.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Quick, I'm bored, tell me about SSB4's Color Swaps
I need something to hype about for a bit :142:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht
I'd be interested in joining, if it's not too bold to say.
Certainly. Expect an invite shortly.

Is this only for narrative writing? What other types of writings do you discuss?
Here's what the Writer's Lounge seeks to offer.

You can discuss fan fiction, original fiction, non-fiction, and editorial/article writing. I currently have threads up for general Q&As, narrative and storytelling analyses and discussion, improving the technical side of writing (grammar, punctuation, syntax, etc.), book reviews and recommendations, and so forth.

Basically, it's all about discussion, feedback, analysis, critique, and the sharing of experiences and advice for anything and everything that has to do with the craft and art of writing.

If this appeals to you, then consider joining today! 8D

EDIT: Comics and manga discussions, in regards to storytelling and writing in those media, are also welcome.

Improvement is the name of the game. Ideally, we're all going to be helping one another become the best we can be.

I daresay that I know a thing or two about dialogue, so I (and ideally others) can lend a hand. ;)

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

I realized I'm terrible at writing dialogue as well. I'm okay with internal monologues, and I'm alright with just writing articles or my own thoughts. Describing atmosphere in a narrative is something I struggled with. Probably the hardest thing for me is coming up with titles.
Descriptions are by far my biggest weakness. Describing feelings, atmosphere, even the setting. I'm not very good at it.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hmmm.... What do you do when your girlfriend is mad because you have terrible luck....? What should you tell her....? She isn't mad at me, just the situation you know?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Descriptions are by far my biggest weakness. Describing feelings, atmosphere, even the setting. I'm not very good at it.
Feelings... Yes, another thing which I'm bad in. I always do the boring '(s)he says', without adding some emotion with it, like '(s)he says sadly'. It makes the dialogue even more boring and unusual.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*cue whatever music you feel like*
Once apon a Time-The end.
[NAILED IT]

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Zipzo's posts about the Demo.
>in depth thoughts on gameplay.

Smashboards requests
>MOAR COLURS!!!!! XD

T

Trick or Treat

Hmmm.... What do you do when your girlfriend is mad because you have terrible luck....? What should you tell her....? She isn't mad at me, just the situation you know?
That's really vague lol.

Feelings... Yes, another thing which I'm bad in. I always do the boring '(s)he says', without adding some emotion with it, like '(s)he says sadly'. It makes the dialogue even more boring and unusual.
I'm pretty good at dialogue I think.

My issue is execution. I come up with all these great plot ideas, awesome scenes, cool characters and all that, but actually getting it across as that is tricky for me. I can't write at the level that I want.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht

May I join your writing group as well? I've loved to write since I was little, but as I've gotten older its gotten increasingly difficult to even begin a story without overthinking it. I've had writer's block for so long, so I haven't improved much in recent years, and I'm sick of it. I want to be able to write about whatever ideas come into my head and not be worried that they'll be terrible. As long as I'm not a bother, I would be happy to join if acceptable.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Zipzo's posts about the Demo.
>in depth thoughts on gameplay.

Smashboards requests
>MOAR COLURS!!!!! XD
Nobody plays Super Smash Bros. on Smashboards.

Hell, I tried to shove in gameplay discussion, but it always leads back to purple space dragon dildos.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
What's better, Skype or Xat? :troll:
Skype by about 10 million times.
Hug her. If she won't let you hug her, let her be.

Aaaaaaand guys, I'm pretty much out for tonight. I'm having too much hype right now from Hunter x Hunter 2011's episode tomorrow. It's the 3rd to last episode of the series, and once it ends, the anime will likely not be back until after a decade due to the slowness of manga content. Big event's about to happen in the anime (and I don't read the manga) so I'm going to mull over the reddit boards for a while. If you want to talk to me, tag me and I'll come back.

Peace guys, and may the nen be with you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom