• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
More accurate. I mean, yeah, I knew she wasn't guaranteed to be playable, and I know she's not guaranteed DLC, but the whole thing about hating on her is just wrong.
I don't like Krystal because she feels too "sexy" for me. I mean, she's a blue fox who is either wearing a bra and a cloth or a really tight jumpsuit. It just rubs me the wrong way to see a fox wear that kind of stuff.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I think Little Mac' biggest problem (oh the irony) it's his gimmick: A killing machine on the Ground, totally useless on the air, they want to rebalance him by staying true to said gimmick, thus creating a bigger unbalance + the ton of players who just spam side+B doesn't help at all.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I don't like Krystal because she feels too "sexy" for me. I mean, she's a blue fox who is either wearing a bra and a cloth or a really tight jumpsuit. It just rubs me the wrong way to see a fox wear that kind of stuff.
And I just really can't stand her as a character. Especially in Star Fox Command...

I can't find a likeable trait about her, she just annoys me.

D

Deleted member

I think Little Mac' biggest problem (oh the irony) it's his gimmick: A killing machine on the Ground, totally useless on the air, they want to rebalance him by staying true to said gimmick, thus creating a bigger unbalance + the ton of players who just spam side+B doesn't help at all.
Honestly I think Mac just needs a complete rework. As it stands he can be incredibly unfun to play against (either an easy win or you're going to be in a stalemate until one of you wins) and with (GET REKT or you're just going to be waiting for someone playing extremely safe and scared to mess up). The whole "character of extremes" thing seems kinda cool on paper, but in practice? Not as much, and this is coming from someone who actually really enjoys playing Mac.

Last edited by a moderator:

Naoshi

Why did they redesigned Spyro to look like that? I've never grew up nor care for the series but whyyyyyy

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh yeah, I forgot to say what happened after Mom came home from the Hospital.
Well;
She did the logical thing to do after barfing non-stop and having to go to the hospital.
She picked up the phone,
called a friend over,
...and had smokes n' beer.
...Yup.
I don't have much sympathy to her anyway

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Honestly I think Mac just needs a complete rework. As it stands he can be incredibly unfun to play against (either an easy win or you're going to be in a stalemate until one of you wins) and with (GET REKT or you're just going to be waiting for someone playing extremely safe and scared to mess up). The whole "character of extremes" thing seems kinda cool on paper, but in practice? Not as much, and this is coming from someone who actually really enjoys playing Mac.
He's too...realistic. Like, yeah sure, he got a surnatural power, but like any human, he sucks pasta meatballs in the air.
They should have gaved a good way of recovering in the air and gaved him a bad air game, not both. Little Mac is the most boned in most matchups because he can't edge guard. They should have made him less extreme and more balanced than anything else.

Last edited:

Naoshi

Guys, Nintendo should redesign Pokemon and have them look like Spyro :^)

: ^ )

Naoshi

And where did I say that you aren't allowed too?
ugh my head is killing me
Sorry I'll be a bit more clear on what I'm trying to say.

What I'm trying to say is that Nintendo can still be pretty incompetent. They definitely have great game designers though, I can't disagree with you on that.

Hope that clears it up a bit

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He's too...realistic. Like, yeah sure, he got a surnatural power, but like any human, he sucks pasta meatballs in the air.
They should have gaved a good way of recovering in the air and gaved him a bad air game, not both. Little Mac is the most boned in most matchups because he can't edge guard. They should have made him less extreme and more balanced than anything else.
Honestly I would like it if they were to give up-B and side-B the same distance when used air that they have when used on the ground. It's not much, but it gives him more of a chance to recover, which is better than "Oh you got hit after you used your double jump offstage, guess you're screwed."

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Honestly I would like it if they were to give up-B and side-B the same distance in the when used air that they have when used on the ground. It's not much, but it gives him more of a chance to recover, which is better than "Oh you got hit after you used your double jump offstage, guess you're screwed."
To be far, have you ever seen a boxer jump off a cliff then uppercut his way back onto the cliff?

Naoshi

I think Little Mac's crap recovery might be just a tradeoff for his insane speed and power.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Watching/listening Gamexplains thoughts on Zelda Wii U and I've noticed more things about Link.

One: the shield. It sort of has an omega symbol and it resembles a buckler. So, it sort of has a Greek, viking, and nomadic theme to it. The hood is like the classic European archer/ranger look and in classic Westerns, cowboys tend to wear hats and ponchos to sort of disguise themselves. Link's ponytail can be considered another early Europe or fantasy look, but it sort of does fit with Link as being a nomad. Someone who lives off the land and has little time to deal with haircuts. If we combine all this with Link's clothing, especially his armwraps looking like Gerudo stuff, then this incarnation of Link is the first nomad/wander archetype. Most Links were connected to the kingdom in some way such as being a blacksmith, knight, villager, or train operator. Wind Waker Link was the first sailor and islander or person far away from the main city and Ocarina of Time Link was the first Link to be sort of the chosen hero brought up away from society - well, Hylian society.

Also, Link's height makes me feel like this is Link's young phase and maybe when he gets his iconic Hero's Clothes, then he'll be a bit taller. Seriously, his gear makes me feel like I'm playing Majora's Mask again when you have the Gilded Sword and Mirror Shield. That or this is the first Zelda game where Link won't be wearing the green tunic which would be a cool change of pace.

I wonder how the Master Sword will fit in... Maybe it won't, instead, maybe there will be a "Master Bow". Since crafting was introduced in Skyward Sword, maybe apples can be made into cider for more heart regain or other gathering stuff like mushrooms, herbs, etc.

D

Deleted member

I think Little Mac's crap recovery might be just a tradeoff for his insane speed and power.
It is, but the problem is it's so predictable and he's so easily gimped. You could take him offstage and kill him from 10% if you want, and the fact that Mac has very little ability to defend himself offstage doesn't help much.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Yup not surprised you guys have already talked about it, but I gotta ask the question myself. WHY DISCONTINUE SOMETHING THAT HAS ONLY BEEN OUT FOR 3 WEEKS? IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!

Theberzerker

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1006-0803-5110
I'm on the challenge that reads "Clear Classic at intensity 7.0 or higher with all the characters."

Since it doesn't say "Solo" like it says on some of the challenges, do you think i can do this in Group Classic with my girlfriend?
Would be a lot easier to clear that one with 2 characters at a time...

And also, is there any way to check if you have completed Classic on 7.0 if you do them in Group Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom