• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
No, all I did was find a quote that made me laugh a few months ago, and embed it into my sig.
I have a feeling you're masochistic when it comes to snarky remarks.

Or you just plain don't get things at all.

Not attention begging, I just hope they don't find out.
They? Who?

You're making less and less sense. Congratulations, you've just proven how insane you may be.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
My only question is why. They've only been out for a couple weeks now. Implying the rumor is true, what happened that made them pull the plug? Did something go wrong when making them? Or did they just not sell that well?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I have a feeling you're masochistic when it comes to snarky remarks.

Or you just plain don't get things at all.

They? Who?

You're making less and less sense. Congratulations, you've just proven how insane you may be.
He's shown how insane he may be repeatedly

Did something go wrong when making them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I think I finally understood where Smash 4 is wrong in terms of "balancing". Again : every character have a chance to win to an other, only the player counts, but I like to point out some little things that I've found pretty big.

Let's look an other time at the "Japanese Tier List" :
As we can see, the top of the tier is mainly composed of "Fast Characters", the first being Diddy. If we scroll down, we can see that the more the rank is low, the more the character is slow. Only Captain Falcon, Lil'Mac and Greninja are breaking this rule. Now, I won't say that "Fast character are broken", but we still can see how much the speed in this game is so important that it literally gives more advantages to certain characters.
I feel that Diddy Kong, Sheik and others aren't really balanced compared to Captain Falcon or Greninja, both of them having some laggy moves to actually give a chance to the opponent to attack. But most of the fast characters in the high tier doesn't have big weaknesses to actually being balanced in a good way.
I especially say that :4diddy:,:4sonic: and :4sheik: are the 3 characters who profits the most of the speed factor.

I also see that Light characters are more in the high tier than anyone else, proving that big characters are still under.

I won't say that "Smash 4 is unbalanced", but I will say that it still needs more balance. Especially :4diddy: and :4sheik:, they've been hidden for too long by the shadows of :rosalina: and :4littlemac:.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm about to Wonder Trade a crapton of Pokemon. Hopefully I'll get something good. Though I'm expecting at least a few duds.

DarkDespair5

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkDespair5
Unfortunately, there are two types of balance:

- Ease of play
- Maximum effectiveness

You can't quite cater to both, especially with interesting characters with unique mechanics.
Fighting games are tough.

I'm about to Wonder Trade a crapton of Pokemon. Hopefully I'll get something good. Though I'm expecting at least a few duds.
I got a legendary once XD

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Unfortunately, there are two types of balance:

- Ease of play
- Maximum effectiveness

You can't quite cater to both, especially with interesting characters with unique mechanics.
Fighting games are tough.

I got a legendary once XD
I've gotten a few good ones too. Golem, Machamp and the like. Though I don't think I've ever gotten anything as good as a legendary yet.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When I see people playing Master Chief collection I kind of want an XBOX One

DarkDespair5

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkDespair5
I've gotten a few good ones too. Golem, Machamp and the like. Though I don't think I've ever gotten anything as good as a legendary yet.
Well it was a Zygarde, but at least it had really good IVs across the board.
Most of my good WTs are breeding stock.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I only have a Link amiibo. I basically got it for Hyrule Warriors first, Mario Kart 8 second, and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U last.

I never had intentions to get them all. But still WAY too damn early for any kind of discontinuation.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Nintendo always does this when it comes to logistics and technical things, man they're so incompetent
To their defense, we don't even know the full story. It could very much be a temporary ordeal, and even then there could be a good reason for their actions.

Last edited:

Soul.

I think I finally understood where Smash 4 is wrong in terms of "balancing". Again : every character have a chance to win to an other, only the player counts, but I like to point out some little things that I've found pretty big.

Let's look an other time at the "Japanese Tier List" :
As we can see, the top of the tier is mainly composed of "Fast Characters", the first being Diddy. If we scroll down, we can see that the more the rank is low, the more the character is slow. Only Captain Falcon, Lil'Mac and Greninja are breaking this rule. Now, I won't say that "Fast character are broken", but we still can see how much the speed in this game is so important that it literally gives more advantages to certain characters.
I feel that Diddy Kong, Sheik and others aren't really balanced compared to Captain Falcon or Greninja, both of them having some laggy moves to actually give a chance to the opponent to attack. But most of the fast characters in the high tier doesn't have big weaknesses to actually being balanced in a good way.
I especially say that :4diddy:,:4sonic: and :4sheik: are the 3 characters who profits the most of the speed factor.

I also see that Light characters are more in the high tier than anyone else, proving that big characters are still under.

I won't say that "Smash 4 is unbalanced", but I will say that it still needs more balance. Especially :4diddy: and :4sheik:, they've been hidden for too long by the shadows of :rosalina: and :4littlemac:.
Everyone wants Diddy nerfed in a patch or something like that. All they need to do is nerf his UAir, which is what is causing problems for the players. At best, it should start KOing around 120% for every character instead of 60% in light characters, for example. If that does happen, well, he will be just a normal top tier that's not as overcentralized. He'll still be good, just not SS+ tier anymore. Of course, all of this may or may not happen.
Sheik is somewhat balanced in my opinion. She doesn't start KOing until around 150% or so. Yeah, she can follow up pretty easily with forward tilt locks + forward aerials, but her main tool in KOing got nerfed and that was her Down B.
Also maybe it's just what I think, but as the metagame progresses, Little Mac may fall down into the low tiers.

Soul.

I watched a Diddy v Sheik match. Her attacks do SOOOO much less knockback than many of Diddy's; it's insane.
I know right. That's why I said she doesn't start KOing until 150%. Maybe I'm wrong but Bouncing Fish could KO at 130%.
Sheik just has a hard time taking out stocks.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Nintendo always does this when it comes to logistics and technical things, man they're so incompetent
They can't do everything the fans want

Either way, welcome to SmashBoards. As long as you don't talk trash about Dark Pit, Krystal, Lucina, Yoshi, Isaac, or Doctor Mario, you'll do just fine

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Instead of nerfing Diddy, why don't we buff the whole cast. Make everyone broken. It'll be fun.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Those price gougers on eBay are going to have a field day.

D

Deleted member

I don't think I'll ever be getting amiibo figures, but man, why discontinue those 3? Unless it's a hoax, or they are out of stock.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They can't do everything the fans want

Either way, welcome to SmashBoards. As long as you don't talk trash about Dark Pit, Krystal, Lucina, Yoshi, Isaac, or Doctor Mario, you'll do just fine
There's plenty of people who trash talk Krystal anyway.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
My opinion quickly changed from neutral to negative towards Amiibos.

There is one major problem with Amiibos. They unlock stuff in multiple games. A future Animal crossing game will probably use that villager amiibo. But they are sold out now, so no extra content for you.

The only way I can see this still being turned around is if they released an Animal crossing version of the Smash Villager amiibo that unlocks the same content later when the wii u animal crossing game is undoubtedly released, but it's still a scary thought that people might not be able to get extra content because they didn't buy an amiibo 2 years ago at a specific time.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Instead of nerfing Diddy, why don't we buff the whole cast. Make everyone broken. It'll be fun.
I can't wait to play as Ganondorf and poke someone and BOOM! KO'ing at 0%. :p

That's... That's what Divekick (the game) is, right? Funny how Ganondorf has a divekick move.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Once again, we don't know the full details.
I recommend remaining calm until we get word from Nintendo.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Everyone wants Diddy nerfed in a patch or something like that. All they need to do is nerf his UAir, which is what is causing problems for the players. At best, it should start KOing around 120% for every character instead of 60% in light characters, for example. If that does happen, well, he will be just a normal top tier that's not as overcentralized. He'll still be good, just not SS+ tier anymore. Of course, all of this may or may not happen.
Sheik is somewhat balanced in my opinion. She doesn't start KOing until around 150% or so. Yeah, she can follow up pretty easily with forward tilt locks + forward aerials, but her main tool in KOing got nerfed and that was her Down B.
Also maybe it's just what I think, but as the metagame progresses, Little Mac may fall down into the low tiers.
The problem that I have with Diddy and Sheik is how there's pratically no opening for attacking them properly while they can profit of there speed to punish you easily. Diddy KOs really to fast, that for sure.

But I'm sick of seeing Mac getting nerfs while others get buffs. Seriously, this dude has been destroyed by people because they never knew how to fight him. Thanks to this, he's even more nerfed than before. Meanwhile, Diddy, Sheik and others are chillin' and profit of their speed to win. I don't for you, but that ain't good balance in a way.

And even though the metagame is still "young", it's still problematic to already see some characters that have more options than others to win.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Smash Bros 4 Minus? Somehow that doesn't roll off the tongue like Brawl Minus :/
Smash Minus 4. That better? Yeah, I got nothing.

I can't wait to play as Ganondorf and poke someone and BOOM! KO'ing at 0%. :p

That's... That's what Divekick (the game) is, right? Funny how Ganondorf has a divekick move.
It'll be great. Ganon kills everything in two hits. Ness has a Triple Jump. Metal Blades as broken as they were in Mega Man 2. Everyone get's Akuma's Hurricane Kick.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
More accurate. I mean, yeah, I knew she wasn't guaranteed to be playable, and I know she's not guaranteed DLC, but the whole thing about hating on her is just wrong.
Eh. I don't particularly care about Krystal one way or the other. Though I'd personally would prefer Wolf to comeback and have a new Final Smash.

His normal moves are different enough on their own. Too bad his Side-B is one of Fox's customs.

Last edited:

Soul.

The problem that I have with Diddy and Sheik is how there's pratically no opening for attacking them properly while they can profit of there speed to punish you easily. Diddy KOs really to fast, that for sure.

But I'm sick of seeing Mac getting nerfs while others get buffs. Seriously, this dude has been destroyed by people because they never knew how to fight him. Thanks to this, he's even more nerfed than before. Meanwhile, Diddy, Sheik and others are chillin' and profit of their speed to win. I don't for you, but that ain't good balance in a way.

And even though the metagame is still "young", it's still problematic to already see some characters that have more options than others to win.
Little Mac is being destroyed because he's easy to KO. His air speed is terrible, so one back throw + 2 aerial attacks can make him lose a stock. Add his terrible recovery into account and you have a character that wants to stay on the ground.

D

Deleted member

That's what happens when a company balances around the casual fanbase. People yell about a character being "OP NERF PLS" even though they're not really OP (in this case Little Mac) and they get changed in balance patches accordingly.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Oh yeah, I forgot to say what happened after Mom came home from the Hospital.
Well;
She did the logical thing to do after barfing non-stop and having to go to the hospital.
She picked up the phone,
called a friend over,
...and had smokes n' beer.
...Yup.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Little Mac is being destroyed because he's easy to KO. His air speed is terrible, so one back throw + 2 aerial attacks can make him lose a stock. Add his terrible recovery into account and you have a character that wants to stay on the ground.
Sure, but nerfing the worst recovery in the game isn't kinda dumb ? Even for a casual, it's the dumbest idea in the world to nerf a thing that is already bad.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
and yet, 2 of their games won award and they are Developer of the year.
I'm sure they know what they are doing
And...? That doesn't excuse dumb things Nintendo has done. I love Nintendo too, but let's not act like they can do no wrong :|

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom