• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juaan

Smash Rookie
NNID
JuanPaixao
Whats the best CPU level to train with ? ( I know its better with people, but sometimes i just cant play online )

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Haven't posted a couple of days but let me catch up on what I missed:

Sakurai said Wii U is his final Smash: Not surprised he said it. Even though he said the exact same thing for Melee & Brawl, I kinda want to believe he really means it this time.

The end of Pic of the Day: I had a feeling it was going down once Japan got Smash Wii U and I was right. Great run while it lasted

Street Fighter V: The most visual impressive of all SF games but I suck super badly on traditional fighters (I've only really played SoulCalibur II, Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars, & Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition - all of which I get me ass handed to me) so I don't care for it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Whats the best CPU level to train with ? ( I know its better with people, but sometimes i just cant play online )
I would say if you want to fight agisnst something tactical, try Robin. On lvl 5 for me, he is a pain because he like to roll, block you with elfire,,back off to use his thunders and everything mayb 5-8. 9 might be a kick in the balls

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For this game, I just jumped right into level 9 CPU's. It'll be tough, but you'll get the hang of it. If you're brand new to Smash, go for level 5 or 6.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Start with Level 5s and 6s and then jump to 8 and then 9.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Haven't posted a couple of days but let me catch up on what I missed:

Sakurai said Wii U is his final Smash: Not surprised he said it. Even though he said the exact same thing for Melee & Brawl, I kinda want to believe he really means it this time.

The end of Pic of the Day: I had a feeling it was going down once Japan got Smash Wii U and I was right. Great run while it lasted

Street Fighter V: The most visual impressive of all SF games but I suck super badly on traditional fighters (I've only really played SoulCalibur II, Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars, & Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition - all of which I get me *** handed to me) so I don't care for it.
Were there even any screenshots for Street Fighter V which was just announced hours ago? I think it was only a teaser. There's also Tekken 7 running on Tekken Tag 2's or Tekken 6's engine, graphics, etc. as a test demo to show people the changes so, people shouldn't be saying stuff, but it's Namco's fault for not saying that it was a concept demo on the previous Tekken game. Oh, and I think Killer Instinct is getting a new season.

"Sakurai said Wii U is his final Smash"... "Sakurai" ... "final Smash"... "FINAL SMASH". Welp, we all know what Sakurai's Final Smash will be in SSB5 when he's a secret, guest boss. :p

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
LESSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I feel bad for the suckers that dished out on Ultra SF
Also, I felt a disturbance in the force
I'm actually really hype right now! XD I can only hope my pc can handle it by time the damn game comes out, otherwise it'll be like Sf4 vanilla was..... not being able to play until AE 2012/ Ultra, which I thought was good, but left a bad taste in my mouth with Yun and what not >_>

Juaan

Smash Rookie
NNID
JuanPaixao
Actually i can fight against lv 9 and win, but with all that perfect frames i dont know if i can learn something

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Actually i can fight against lv 9 and win, but with all that perfect frames i dont know if i can learn something
First thing I made when getting the 3DS version, was going as :4palutena: against a Lv. 9 :4myfriends:

Guess who won? I'm so pathetic I'm trying to get attention like that.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Don't train with CPUs.

If you can't train with actual people then you are best off going to training mode and just practice character movement, combos, and techniques. If you absolutely have to train with a CPU your best bet is to get a level 9 CPU in training mode, set it to attack, and try your damnedest to not get hit without throwing out an attack, this improves your mobility greatly when you go to play with people later. Otherwise CPUs are bad and give you bad habits.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Were there even any screenshots for Street Fighter V which was just announced hours ago? I think it was only a teaser. There's also Tekken 7 running on Tekken Tag 2's or Tekken 6's engine, graphics, etc. as a test demo to show people the changes so, people shouldn't be saying stuff, but it's Namco's fault for not saying that it was a concept demo on the previous Tekken game. Oh, and I think Killer Instinct is getting a new season.

"Sakurai said Wii U is his final Smash"... "Sakurai" ... "final Smash"... "FINAL SMASH". Welp, we all know what Sakurai's Final Smash will be in SSB5 when he's a secret, guest boss. :p
I know these are from the trailer, but screenshots anyway. Also, Ryu doesn't have a goatee like he did in 3rd Strike, so it could take place before it...... Maybe I'm looking into it too much :p XD

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Yeah, there's a couple of screen shots of SF5. I'm gonna just paste what I posted in the Mega Man Social thread.

Here's an example of Ryu from SF4 to Early SF5. The art style change is really noticeable in the face.
And Chun-Li. Again, the graphics are improved, but it's mostly the artstyle that works better.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch. But I do have comparisons to SF4, so there's that.

Last edited:

Soul.

lol Street Fighter 5. SUPER ULTRA DELUXE THE ANNIVERSARY EDITION CHALLENGERS EX.
If you miss the PotDs, you might as well listen to the "Emotion" song from Pokémon Black and White. :troll:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I know these are from the trailer, but screenshots anyway. Also, Ryu doesn't have a goatee like he did in 3rd Strike, so it could take place before it...... Maybe I'm looking into it too much :p XD
As long you don't play Street Fighter games for the plot, I think you're fine.

And I just came across this news. Screenshots look alright, including the character models. Although the backdrop looks a little claustrophobic and cluttered.

Also, I haven't ate for over 24 hours, and my last bout of "stomach upset" was 21 hours. I am going to eat 2 slices of dry toast and see if I'm recovering.

Wish me luck. Just don't wish for a flu- ke.

Last edited:

bekindrewind

Smash Apprentice
Hi all,

I am sick of For Glory and wanna practice with Smash players who seriously play. I have no friends available either. sadface

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
You know they've put too much attention into this when you can see the..."bulges"...on her Coconuts.
That is definitely skin-tight. And the Internet is gonna go even more crazy about it. =_=
Too late, Rule 34.

As long you don't play Street Fighter games for the plot, I think you're fine.

And I just came across this news. Screenshots look alright, including the character models. Although the backdrop looks a little claustrophobic and cluttered.

Also, I haven't ate for over 24 hours, and my last bout of "stomach upset" was 21 hours. I am going to 2 slices of dry toast and see if I'm recovering.

Wish me luck. Just don't wish for a flu- ke.
Nah, I only took notice because I just want Alex in Street fighter 5 man. He never saw the light of day in SF4, so I just really want him in the game :ohwell:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom