• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If you're thinking that "trouble" may be me because of its similarities to my previous custom title, lemme assure you: it's not.

I guess I'll be going to bed soon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My phone uses Chrome too

The cool thing is, my phone and computer browsers are connected

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Welp, I decided to switch to Opera....sorry Google Chrome I suppose you'll get your chance....another day :troll:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Wow, as of today I've been in charge of this place for a year.

How's my driving?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Call me in 4 years and then we'll see how much of a failure I am. :troll:

no but seriously can you please shut up. I do well in school and I'm still paranoid about this ****
Pro Life Tips by Ffamran below:

The greatest things you can learn are to laugh and to accept failure. I learned the hard way in high school where I pretty much gave up on mathematics and chemistry. I was completely burnt out with mathematics and I could have taken calculus in high school, but whatever. In chemistry, well, the course was taught at a pseudo-college level and I was a sophmore at the time. Let's just say I barely passed because the teacher was generous in grading and I barely left without being blinded either in one or both eyes after an explosion of something like para-dichlorobenzene, the stuff they used in urinal cakes. I lost a shirt and was glad I wear glasses. I might have even lost a small layer of facial skin.

So, take things in strides and know that in some cases, GPA means little, but it's still important. So, if you leave as just a textbook student without any work experience or the like, you're going to be passed over even if you have a ton of honors and a perfect 4.0. Now, if you ended up with a 2.5, worked a lot, tried a ton of things, have a broad education as in you didn't stick to one damned subject and its branches all the time, then they're definitely going to consider you since you show proven competence and the ability to endure heavy workloads.

So, try, try to get the best grade you can, but put your health first. Sometimes you have to take the hit. It's that or be burnt out, sick, etc. Oh, and don't take too many courses. There's a girl who took courses worth about 15-18 credits - that's like 4 to 6 courses - and works. She ended up with the flu in about 3 weeks. She's still in class and seems to be doing fine, but people work differently so, it's up to you to find your pace.

Some courses actually have low passing floors. There's one CS course that people have told me where the passing grade is around 50%. Why? 'Cause it's so damn hard where there's this angel/devil thing going on where one professor will be generous while the other drills the material into your head, is severe, and you'll leave haunted by the course that you'll know pretty much everything about it. Pick your poison.

Though, some fields are really strict so, consider this: why are you in it? If it's money, then find something else. You'll be miserable as hell after trudging through 9 levels of hell for 4 years and for what? Money? Do you really need that much to live a good life?

As for passion: it depends. If you're really passionate about nuclear engineering, then go ahead, but remember that nuclear stuff is dangerous. If you're interested in drama, well, it's a tough field and in some cases, you need Lady Luck's blessings. And sometimes, majors don't really mean much. There are tons of people out there with "mismatched" majors and careers. In orientation, there was a woman who majored in history, but ended up being a journalist. I have a cousin-in-law who majored in, I think, English and now works for an insurance company as an IT guy. One of my professors repeated the same thing as my high school teachers I asked about how he ended up as a professor: he just sort of fell into it out of interest.

As for classes: ask questions. This isn't school anymore with teachers spoon-feeding you anymore. They're lecturing and in some courses, there's like 300 students and to the professors, they're just this amorphous blob - one of my professors even admitted that when he lectures, he sometimes blurs everyone together and sort of goes on auto-pilot. If you want to learn, then involve yourself. Go to the professor's office during office hours or make appointments or ask after class if they're available. Also, ask other students too especially the ones who have been there longer.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Mods and Warchamp7 right now:

"[insert mod/admin name] always gets his/her mark."

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
*Comes from watching the ME!ME!ME! video*

I've seen things.

Things that I pray God none of you guys are stupid enough to search that mindraping sequence.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
YOU ACTUALLY WENT TO BED!?
He said he had a dream. Which means he was asleep, but he wasn't necessarily asleep in a bed. For all we know, he could sleep on his couch. Maybe he doesn't even own a bed.

IE is the worst thing, Firefox is annoying, Safari is okay, and GC is the best one.
Now Opera, I've never seen nor heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom