• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeesh, sounds rough. Especially being sick at the same time. Pull through, man. You can do it. :<
Thanks. I do this lecture every year so it's not that huge. I was teaching Kindergarteners "numbers" yesterday and thought no was going to pass the **** out.

How's Kaye Cruiser? And don't say "I'm fine thank you and you? cause that's the conditioned response for any Japanese student when asked how they are.

I'm thinking about becoming an English teacher in Japan. That, or an astronomer. Here. Not in Japan. Maybe. I haven't really looked into the whole teaching thing yet though.
Most companies/programs don't require any sort of education background so it's defintely an avenue you should check out. My education background is Art a History of all things lol. And I like astronomy as well :)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Wait, ads are dependent on your search history?...

Yikes, I should regularly clear my history then.

Although, when I'm not logged in here, sometimes I get weird ads. Like this:

[collapse=Warning: Could be offensive for some]
[/collapse]

You telling me I'm not allowed to enter because I'm a girl!? Well, then, hmph! I'll take my money elsewhere.

Seriously though, I don't understand why companies would exclude a demographic. I mean, obviously there's a target audience, but to make an ad that's excluding potential people that may be interested... it's beyond me.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Jesus Christ the Death Mountain mission in Hyrule Warriors is hard

You have to be in 3 places at once

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Thanks. I do this lecture every year so it's not that huge. I was teaching Kindergarteners "numbers" yesterday and thought no was going to pass the **** out.

How's Kaye Cruiser? And don't say "I'm fine thank you and you? cause that's the conditioned response for any Japanese student when asked how they are.

Most companies/programs don't require any sort of education background so it's defintely an avenue you should check out. My education background is Art a History of all things lol. And I like astronomy as well :)
Ive been meaning to ask. Is that Destiny in your icon and sig?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

[/collapse]

You telling me I'm not allowed to enter because I'm a girl!? Well, then, hmph! I'll take my money elsewhere.

Seriously though, I don't understand why companies would exclude a demographic. I mean, obviously there's a target audience, but to make an ad that's excluding potential people that may be interested... it's beyond me.
Oh I've seen this one. Retsupurae mocked the game.
It's simply a generic MMO, much like the rest.

Hartenberg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hartenberg
3DS FC
1220-8573-2488
Almost all of the ads I see on here are Chegg ads. (College textbook and school stuff site)

Pretty much explains the life I lead.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

[/collapse]

Your getting mad about a bad game you cant sign up for?? You should be lucky you cant play it.
Almost all of the ads I see on here are Chegg ads. (College textbook and school stuff site)

Pretty much explains the life I lead.
Same
Ah the college life

it sucks

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

[/collapse]

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LadyNotAppearingInThisGame

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So I created the Ness Guide a while back as you may know
And originally (Being a new guy to Ness) I thought that Ness' Bthrow had low knockback.
I tested it out more, found it's potential and fixed my slip-up
And now I'm being called out by a bunch of people like I'm a complete idiot for thinking what I originally thought
Some include
"Clearly you're joking lol"
"aaaaand time to move on"
"clearly you don't understand Ness at a competitive level"
"I don't want other people following your stupidity"
I JUST WANTED TO MAKE A GUIDE ON A CHARACTER I FOUND FUN, JERKS =____=#

TL;DR Forums are Dangerous Places.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
24 hours has passed since the first incident,more of them come everywhere,we can be little,but we are strong enough to fight against their frustate attempts to blind our eyes,many innocence were lost around this thread.
But the mods came,our strenght is enough to defeat this menace which is between us,the victory will only came if we resist by avoiding and reporting them,no locking the thread and yes by striking back,that is the law of this thread,we may be weird,but noone come here and p*ss on our territory and gets the best on the end.
That is smash 4 social thread law.
A madness do you say?
THIS IS SMASH 4 SOCIAL THREAD 3.0!!!!

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
And originally (Being a new guy to Ness) I thought that Ness' Bthrow had low knockback.
And now I'm being called out by a bunch of people like I'm a complete idiot for thinking what I originally thought
Some include
"Clearly you're joking lol""aaaaand time to move on"

No you know not to try to tell competitive players that you find a character fun

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Some include
"Clearly you're joking lol""aaaaand time to move on"

Well to their defense, it is best to know a lot about the character before making a guide.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
24 hours has passed since the first incident,more of them come everywhere,we can be little,but we are strong enough to fight against their frustate attempts to blind our eyes,many innocence were lost around this thread.
But the mods came,our strenght is enough to defeat this menace which is between us,the victory will only came if we resist by avoiding and reporting them,no locking the thread and yes by striking back,that is the law of this thread,we may be weird,but noone come here and p*ss on our territory and gets the best on the end.
That is smash 4 social thread law.
A madness do you say?
THIS IS SMASH 4 SOCIAL THREAD 3.0!!!!
This isn't helping anything
I need to stop acting mod
Well to their defense, it is best to know a lot about the character before making a guide.
That too

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
For no reason I'm listening to the melee trophy lottery theme. So many memories, so glad it's back in Smash Wii U!

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
So I've been staying away from my Wii U last week or so due to the error thing. Is that done now? I don't even have Smash yet, guess I'm just paranoid, but I don't want to take chances. Oh and that ghost girl in Phoeebe's room is freaky. Has this game series ever been for kids? You had the OTT Pokedex entries in the first few gens, now in gens 5 and 6 there's been loads of these freaky moments. Oh and Lavender town, can't forget that.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Your getting mad about a bad game you cant sign up for?? You should be lucky you cant play it.
No, I'm just confused why a company would create an ad that would exclude a demographic. It could potentially lose them money. Not that I would care if it's a bad game, but it's still questionable.

I suppose it's because they want to make things extreme, and excluding female gamers would increase male interest, which would make up for the loss of potential sales? I have no marketing knowledge, so I don't know.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I had an initial thought and I fixed it once one person spoke up.
Then like 3 other people yell at me for an already fixed error, including that I should stop playing Ness altogether.
I don't take that Defense, your Honor. >_<

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
No, I'm just confused why a company would create an ad that would exclude a demographic. It could potentially lose them money. Not that I would care if it's a bad game, but it's still questionable.

I suppose it's because they want to make things extreme, and excluding female gamers would increase male interest, which would make up for the loss of potential sales? I have no marketing knowledge, so I don't know.
My guess is that they think only men would want to play the game, which by the way, is just a load of baloney.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Yup. I'm a sucker for these sort of games. It's good...not perfect but good.
I was about to ask was it worth the hype. It sucks it isn't perfect but its good that it is good. There hasn't been a 100% perfect game in a while though

I think it is to make it seem sexy... nope

DarkDespair5

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkDespair5
There are many reasons for putting up these sort of ads. The first is that some games have a horrendously skewed sex ratio. This is a self-perpetuating bias; when a game developer audience is mostly male for one game, he is going to tailor to a male audience in the future. Even though studies have shown that while innate preferences exist, the large majority of effects can be attributed to nurture rather than nature. More rarely, it is the reverse -- an attempt at making sure their players fit a certain demographic, so that their content matches that demographic. Additionally, that sort of ad is an extremely common "quick hook" -- studies show sex doesn't always sell, but it can also draw your attention, which is the only thing the ad cares about. The "edginess" is intentional.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

I often question what age group is the hardest to teach. ¦D;

Me?

Eh, technically, going by the grand scheme of things, I'm doing terribly. My seasonal nosebleeds have started up and since I get congested at even the slightest amount of cold air, I'm always either blowing my nose or coughing up stuff everyday because Fall and Winter suck. I still don't have a new job yet, so I can't get a lot of the things I need or even want. Things seem to keep breaking down inside of the house and the ****ing ants won't stop randomly invading. All of my casual clothes are wearing out while my formal and business clothes are just fine, but I don't want to wear those all of the time even though I love them. Money problems seem to be getting worse and worse over time with no bright side in sight. I REALLY need a freaking car and my license already, those two corroded teeth with gigantic holes that have eaten literally everything but the front of my teeth are giving me pains along the entirety of whatever half of my head that they're on once they start throbbing, the right arm of my glasses rotted off so I'm stuck with these one-handle visors that rarely want to stay on my head, so I need an eye exam and a new pair of glasses, and I've actually felt very lonely lately since I haven't seen any of my friends in months or even heard from them alongside the fact that I'm actually rather sick of being single for the past few years and really want a new girlfriend but I know damn well that I can't afford one, am in not social or life position to deserve one and that there's literally no one out there who either could keep up with my antics and personality and the ones that could wouldn't want to in the first place since there's a million guys better, thus I should suck it up and continue accepting being alone forever as I deserve and should be.

But aside from all of that, just going by a day-to-day basis, I've been pretty good! Watched a few good things recently and had a good Thanksgiving with my family. <3

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I had an initial thought and I fixed it once one person spoke up.
Then like 3 other people yell at me for an already fixed error, including that I should stop playing Ness altogether.
I don't take that Defense, your Honor. >_<
I'm looking at the discussion as we speak, and the closest thing to what you're saying is:
"I like that you are trying SmashRiver64, but I feel like you haven't played Ness enough to know anything about him. What's worst, is that you are making a guide for some people to follow. Judging from your lack of Ness experience, I would not want a new ness player reading your guide."
But even if some of the comments can be a bit nicer, they do have a point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom