• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That reminds me I need to read more of the Pokemon Adventures manga. I think I was halfway in the R/B saga. Great stuff!

Yeah, Brendan's redesign looks really off. His official art looked really bad too :<
I like Brendan's redesign. Looks better in game than that official art. But that has to do with the eyes. Though it isn't as good as the Emerald design if you ask me. For some reason this design just works for me.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I actually don't like brendan at all. He is my least favourite Pokémon protagonist.
Eh, different opinions and all. Any reason why? Personally, design-wise, it's my third favorite. I still like Red and Black 1's protagonist designs more. Pokemon protagonists don't really have personalities, so design is the most I usually go off of.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sakurai needs to replace Greninja's Shadow Sneak with Gunk Shot so he can counter Jigglypuff. :troll:

But moving on, Gunk Shot Greninja is the best thing ever. Azu and Clef can no longer safely switch in on Greninja. It's fantastic. I'm trying to breed a Naive Froakie with HP fire as we speak so I can add it to my team.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
My fave Pokemon protag:

Too bad Wes is a silent protagonist -- I think it hinders the overall story experience for me. Story elements could have be expanded on, and we could have learned so much more about Wes if he isn't silent (and c'mon, hes like the most interesting and badass Pokemon protag we've ever gotten!). Colosseum has a decent plot going, so in cases like that I really wish the protag talks... oh well.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Sakurai needs to replace Greninja's Shadow Sneak with Gunk Shot so he can counter Jigglypuff. :troll:

But moving on, Gunk Shot Greninja is the best thing ever. Azu and Clef can no longer safely switch in on Greninja. It's fantastic. I'm trying to breed a Naive Froakie with HP fire as we speak so I can add it to my team.

I'm not trying to start a flame war, but what do you think of the smogon ruleset? I kinda like it,

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Edit: N/M you said personally

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Well I found a strange and pretty neat glitch when I was playing earlier. I got hit by Marth's Up B just as I was in the middle of Yoshi's Down B and for some reason he got knocked back, I still got hit, and the green animation when Yoshi's was going down stayed on me. A picture for proof:

HNI_0035.JPG

It didn't have an effect or anything it was just kinda cool. The green animation stayed moving down as if Yoshi was still doing his down B so it looked pretty. Sadly it ended when I took damage that knocked me back a distance.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Well I found a strange and pretty neat glitch when I was playing earlier. I got hit by Marth's Up B just as I was in the middle of Yoshi's Down B and for some reason he got knocked back, I still got hit, and the green animation when Yoshi's was going down stayed on me. A picture for proof:

It didn't have an effect or anything it was just kinda cool. The green animation stayed moving down as if Yoshi was still doing his down B so it looked pretty. Sadly it ended when I took damage that knocked me back a distance.
That looks pretty cool, actually.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

It'd look even cooler if you were using Green Yoshi at that time. Though there's quite a few glitches coming up because of Yoshi.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I have a few favorite Pokemon protagonists. Michael (Pokemon XD), Ethan (Pokemon HGSS), Dawn (Pokemon DP), and Red (Pokemon RB)
I'm not trying to start a flame war, but what do you think of the smogon ruleset? I kinda like it,
I deal with it, if that answers your question. It's all anyone plays anymore.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace

The smash 4 meta revolves around a glitch. People are commiting suicide left and right because they can't make the glitch happen. The "Animation Yoshi" as people call it is instant SSSS tier. Reggie tries to intervene, but his body wasn't ready. He got devoured by a animation yoshi. They are starting to escape the game. The world is in chaos, but some people accept their new animation overlords. But some, do not. The name of that man or fox, is Fox Mcloud. Fox Mcloud rose from the ashes, he faced down the animation yoshis one by one. Now matter where you where in the world, if the animation yoshis hadn't get you. Then the only thing you heard on the horizon was "To'yah!". 12 months later, the animation yoshis where all eliminated. Fox rose from the ashes, and we where his discipels. All of this happened in the year 20XX

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
It'd look even cooler if you were using Green Yoshi at that time. Though quite a few glitches coming up because of Yoshi.
Granted most of them have been patched and this one doesn't really do much. I'll see if I can take any better pictures since I have it on replay. It sucks that you can't rewind or fast forward while in replay mode...that'd be kinda helpful.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
@ Serebii Serebii

Well, there was a topic on GameFAQS that had this:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/70703628

It looks like the PokeEarth map, but flipped around.
I don't have the game, so I can't check for myself to see if this is just a Photoshop.
Gonna look at some walkthrough videos to see if anyone enters that house.
I kinda have doubts, because I assume someone would've found this already considering all the tiny details being shown about the game, but still.

Edit: Just watched a video. It's there.

-----
Wow

I'll double check this

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So I was playing For Glory today and wound up in a match with just myself. I won instantly.
Wow

I'll double check this
I just went there in game and cross checked your Pokearth map. Definitely a flipped version

Last edited:

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
So I was playing For Glory today and wound up in a match with just myself. I won instantly.

I just went there in game and cross checked your Pokearth map. Definately a flipped version
I just resized and flipped my map. There's very little doubt. It's practically the same, except the in-game one has more red.

I have no words to react to this.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I just resized and flipped my map. There's very little doubt. It's practically the same, except the in-game one has more red.

I have no words to react to this.
You've become so relevant that even Gamefreak use your site.

You da man.

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised if they cross-checked each Route with your site to ensure consistency.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I wonder what mysteries hide in this situation. There is possibility of hints of something being laid out here!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Shrunk and flipped it, and there is an uncanny resemblance

I'd love if someone could bring this up on your forums or whatever. I'd be interesting to hear what others think about this.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So what's the significance of this? Is it that map wasn't made by Nintendo?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'd never do that. If it is my map, then I'm just happy that something created for my site by myself and a friend is in a Pokémon game :)
Yeah I was just joking.
Anyway if it is your map, congrats!
Is it at all possible for you to get in touch with Game Freak to confirm if it is your map?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I decided to swim instead of going where I was suppose to now that I have surf and I ran into a place called "Sea Mauville" that I don't remember in the original game

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So I decided to swim instead of going where I was suppose to now that I have surf and I ran into a place called "Sea Mauville" that I don't remember in the original game
You don't remember the abandoned ship?
It had that annoying puzzle(?) where there would be spots on the ground that would shine and you would have remember where they were to find keys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom