• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Sorry about the Chaos Piper though...
Yea. The deck was built around a very fast paced meta, Dragon Rulers, Prophecies, Fire Fists (Chicken based build obviously), and the like. It did a wonderful job in that particular meta. Now I need to fine-tune it again for the new meta but this new meta is super weird to me and I don't even know where to begin lol.

D

Deleted member

Nope- my phone's YouTube is ****. I guess I can, but only until it overheats and freezes.

...Heh... overheats and freezes...
YouTube on mobile is just meh. Infact most of Google's apps are. My iPod touch 4G crashes everytime when running Chrome.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Yea. The deck was built around a very fast paced meta, Dragon Rulers, Prophecies, Fire Fists (Chicken based build obviously), and the like. It did a wonderful job in that particular meta. Now I need to fine-tune it again for the new meta but this new meta is super weird to me and I don't even know where to begin lol.
Anti-meta for this current meta is... kinda hard. To some extent you have to fight fire with fire, unless you can negate all those Graveyard effects. Problem is they'll probably have a response. Qliphorts are also... weird. (but if you get anti-spell fragrance against them, it's hilarious. It sets their pendulum card and shuts down their pendulum summoning for the rest of the duel) just don't try to run Skill Drain against Qliphorts. It'll hurt.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Anti-meta for this current meta is... kinda hard. To some extent you have to fight fire with fire, unless you can negate all those Graveyard effects. Problem is they'll probably have a response. Qliphorts are also... weird. (but if you get anti-spell fragrance against them, it's hilarious. It sets their pendulum card and shuts down their pendulum summoning for the rest of the duel) just don't try to run Skill Drain against Qliphorts. It'll hurt.
Yea, the Naturia Synchro duo seems really good in this meta. Good thing Madolches are Earth based x3

You know what I miss the most though? Avarice and Reborn. And Tengu. I've always, and will always, miss Tengu until he is back to 3. Every time a new banlist came around back when I was active I always hoped for Tengu to come back to 3 since his getting semi-limited.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
YouTube on mobile is just meh. Infact most of Google's apps are. My iPod touch 4G crashes everytime when running Chrome.
Really? Youtube mobile still runs fine on my almost dead iPod Touch Gen 2 - water damage; don't ask why and you won't get hurt. Then again, it's probably a really outdated app that ironically works well.

D

Deleted member

Really? Youtube mobile still runs fine on my almost dead iPod Touch Gen 2 - water damage; don't ask why and you won't get hurt. Then again, it's probably a really outdated app that ironically works well.
That's because, well, you're using the old YouTube application that came pre-installed on your iPod touch. I have the new one made by Google (the one available in App Store), since the old one got removed on iOS 6 along with the old Maps application for some reason. I don't like the stuff Google has been introducing lately on their products, but hey, that's just me. But yeah, the old YT app worked well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

I just noticed the PotDs are to end in December 5, most likely. RIP I guess.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Yea, the Naturia Synchro duo seems really good in this meta. Good thing Madolches are Earth based x3

You know what I miss the most though? Avarice and Reborn. And Tengu. I've always, and will always, miss Tengu until he is back to 3. Every time a new banlist came around back when I was active I always hoped for Tengu to come back to 3 since his getting semi-limited.
I think you may be right.

Yeah, real shame... By the way, Googling anti-meta deck october 2014 led to some interesting results. Nothing in particular stands out but I think there are some trends between them. Should point you in the right direction.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That's because, well, you're using the old YouTube application that came pre-installed on your iPod touch. I have the new one made by Google (the one available in App Store), since the old one got removed on iOS 6 along with the old Maps application for some reason. I don't like the stuff Google has been introducing lately on their products, but hey, that's just me. But yeah, the old YT app worked well.
Hmm, well, that explains why my dad's phone has a much different layout and functions worse despite being more recent - both the phone and app.

Well, my dreams of watching crystal clear videos on a portable again - fun fact: that's cellphone in French - has been crushed. Thanks, Google.

Seriously, when you remember normal videos, but get used to this ugly, malfunctioning display screen, it's kind of jarring that you accepted it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hmm, well, that explains why my dad's phone has a much different layout and functions worse despite being more recent - both the phone and app.

Well, my dreams of watching crystal clear videos on a portable again - fun fact: that's cellphone in French - has been crushed. Thanks, Google.

Seriously, when you remember normal videos, but get used to this ugly, malfunctioning display screen, it's kind of jarring that you accepted it.
I see. The only way to watch videos in a style similar to that of the old application is by going to the mobile YouTube site, not the application. Let's not forget the worst part of everything, and although this isn't related to the reply.. you need Google+ for everything, not just YouTube..

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I see. The only way to watch videos in a style similar to that of the old application is by going to the mobile YouTube site, not the application. Let's not forget the worst part of everything, and although this isn't related to the reply.. you need Google+ for everything, not just YouTube..
Praise Google... :glare:

D

Deleted member

I may not have beaten Classic without losing a stock on 9.0, but I DID land a killing blow on Master Core with a KO Punch.
So I got that going for me.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I may not have beaten Classic without losing a stock on 9.0, but I DID land the killing blow on Master Core with a KO Punch.
So I got that going for me.
Just wait until you have to beat Classic on 9.0 without losing a single stock in under 12 minutes as Marth.

And yes, that's a real challenge.

D

Deleted member

Just wait until you have to beat Classic on 9.0 without losing a single stock in under 12 minutes as Marth.

And yes, that's a real challenge.
I believe you only have to clear it within 12 minutes, doesn't matter if you lose a stock or not.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I believe you only have to clear it within 12 minutes, doesn't matter if you lose a stock or not.
Sho it would sheem.

Well I did it without losing a stock that means I'm the best right yeah that's what I thought :troll:

D

Deleted member

At the very least, I'm getting 2 things:
Practice with beating Master Core with no stock loss, and a ****ton of Crazy Orders passes.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So my Nuzlocke is going terrible.

I have a Poochyena and a Zigzagoon before Brawly. Stupid Zigzagoon's I've run into one every area except two.

Just entered Granite Cave. Ran into an Abra. Great Ball didn't work.

FML.

It's Old Rod time. Get me that 'Dos.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
While resetting for Groudon, there is a minute to two minute cut scene just to start a battle then four to five minute cut scene once captured before I can even check his stats. -_-

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
While resetting for Groudon, there is a minute to two minute cut scene just to start a battle then four to five minute cut scene once captured before I can even check his stats. -_-
Kill him and come back after beating E4. I think that works here, right?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'm always curious to see what fellow smashers do. So what do you guys and gals do outside of smash?
Playing other games, listening to music, reading, writing (not that much lately unfortunately) and watching football (soccer for you Americans).
And started looking for guitar playing lessons.

Last edited:

Mrkaoz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrkaoz
I'm always curious to see what fellow smashers do. So what do you guys and gals do outside of smash?
Internship at a gaming website, audiovisual student who is almost done with his study. And play a lot of football (soccer).

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Sportsball, music, eating, breathing, classes, internship, oh and parties, I volunteer as well.
I honestly don't do much in retrospect.
Sometimes I like to live on the edge and eat while I breath, but thats just me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom