• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Someone knows if its possible to do something against people who gang 3 to 1?
Wait for the match to end
Press the "View Profile" Button (I believe it's X)
Click the profile of the person/people ganging
Click the "Report" Button
Let based Sakurai do the rest

either that or leave :b:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
My girlfriend just went to Walmart with her dad to look at computers
Lines were backed up a mile away to petsmart so they go to target
TARGET WAS A COMPUTERLESS STORE as in they don't sell computers
Damn
Those lines are killer
I feel bad for the people that work on Black Friday.
Anybody see that Black Friday South Park episode?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Is that even possible? I mean, it sounds very surreal.
Well apparently it happened. They are just going to buy a computer online but really, a Target that doesn't sell computers?
Damn
Those lines are killer
No but Ill have to watch it now

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
We never go out for shopping on Black Friday.

Lines take ages to go along and people can be so desperate and obsessed with getting the things they want that they're often careless (trampling over people, be it other shoppers or employees etc) or even resort to violence to get by people.

Almost every single year at least one person dies on Black Friday because of such severe human stupidity.

Seriously, the fact that people are so obsessed with their precious low-sale items that they apparently need ever so badly that they're more than willing to kill people for it is insane. What the hell goes on in the heads of these kinds of people?

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Speaking of real names, I'm naming my first born "BingleBangle Foofaswoomp"

What's the best Paper Mario to start with?
It's anything BUT sticker star.

If you want to get more deep, here's your choices:

pm64: this is a good thing to start with the game containing the simpliest foundations of the series. This game was directly born from smrpg (and I have a thory about earthbound because weird similarities). The good thing for beginners is it's really cheap on wii vc and it's easier to learn the mechanics as it is the simplies (it was the first so, they didn't tried everything they could). The really downer is first the n64 was limited meaning there's elements implemented in future game that made the experience a lot different. For example, pm64 battle are quite too linear and you'll see but the action commands feels less satisfying and farming just sounds a bit annoying. The animation doesn;t have much folding, but I make the joke it seems more like cardboard then paper :) The text has less humor, but some jokes are great. The music however is really great and that's even if the stereo effects isn't as present as future game. Some music are really good and the locations and moments are, like the next 2 games, very memorable.

TL;DR, cheap, simpliest foundations, but could feel limiting and might feel you're not getting the full thing. Do know that the cons are VERY minimal. They won't likely make you not like the game and there's actually a decent protion that praise moe pm64 than TTYD.

For TTYD, look, I'm not going to go in details beside that you have to get on ebay which is 40-50$ BUT, trust me, it's worth every penny. This game is a masterpiece and to tell the truth, it's a sort of pm64 2.0 because this game is really a direct sequel of pm64, but its concept was really pushed to the maximum so much that I guarantee you will be mind blowned more than once. The reason you might want to pick it first is because it is the peak and core of the series. Spm and even sticker star takes elements from it (spm however is heavilly based on TTYD). For example, this is the first time we see the famous hey gorgeous font. The text is hilarious and more appealing, music is legendary, and the battles are VERY satisfying (greatly improved from a strategy standpoint too).

As for spm, you might want to take this one if you feel you want to experience a simple platformer before an rpg, but do know that this game is a merge of pltformer and rpg, not just one. The thing is this isn't exacly a sequel to TTYD, but more a fork, it's based on it, but it is renewed. I first need to tell you, if you heard hates, IGNORE. I did the mistake of not to and I wasted time. The MAJOR reasons this game is that good is its plot...very deep plot and let me tease you, it's about love. Should be easy to get cheap used cop nowadays. It is not as polihed as TTYD (it has some flaws), but most of TTYD essential elements was kept (and I was surprised that so much was kept).

And avoid sticker star, you really and especially for first game not tocuh it, but I advise to not touch it at all.

So, there's also an interesting thing. If you start by spm, TTYD is going to feel familiar and vice versa. Pm64 is a great one before TTYD as TTYD as pm64 concept, but psuhed, polished and more so, feels familiar.

So, if you start by spm:

spm -> ttyd -> pm64

If you start by TTYD:

TTYD -> spm -> pm64

if you start by pm64:

pm64 -> TTYD -> spm

However, I advise if I were you to do pm64 -> TTYD -> spm.

There's inter game references like spm ch3 - 4 is filled of TTYD stuff so by not playing TTYD before, you won't get everything.

and TTYD has pm64 stuff.

Did I answered your question?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I don't know if in USA they get discount, but if in my country Black Friday also was applied to video games, I would take everything Nintendo related from shelves.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Or he can try SS if he want to see how it is for himself???

I don't know if in USA they also get discount, but if in my country Black Friday also was applied to video games, I would take everything Nintendo related from shelves.
I think my Gamestops do that. Bee a while since I went shopping for game on or near Black friday.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
WARNING - RANDOM INTERNET OPINION:

ORAS should have offered a 'Classic Mode' and a 'New Mode'. The Classic mode would have had the original selection of Pokemon available from the beginning, while the New mode would have had the National Dex selection of Pokemon from the beginning.

Would have kept the nostalgia for those who wanted it, but also given the game new life.

D

Deleted member

You know what kinda makes me miffed about playing the 3DS Version from Tomorrow until I get Smash 5?
I'll have to adjust from the Wii U Pro Controller, the HD, the better music quality and everything else,
To a 2DS that gets Slowdown from Pokemon X and much worse audio quality.
Quite the drastic change, if I do say so myself. =_=
Well, you played Smash 5 on Wii U. :troll:
Hmm, since the New 3DS is faster than the old models (2DS included) you are right on that one. Long loading times, can't upload Smash 3DS and Pokémon Gen VI games screenshots on Miiverse.. pretty much.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Or he can try SS if he want to see how it is for himself???

last warning, read the thing, then we'll talk or I have to use the ignore.

Like, trust me, trying this game first has no relatuons to the others really.

any of the first 3 games are related...

And starting by sticker star is a great idea to hate the series.

Just stop if you want that I stop because that post wasn't addressed to you...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

ORAS should have offered a 'Classic Mode' and a 'New Mode'. The Classic mode would have had the original selection of Pokemon available from the beginning, while the New mode would have had the National Dex selection of Pokemon from the beginning.

Would have kept the nostalgia for those who wanted it, but also given the game new life.
That sounds like it would be fun to have

last warning, read the thing, then we'll talk or I have to use the ignore.

Like, trust me, trying this game first has no relatuons to the others really.

any of the first 3 games are related...

And starting by sticker star is a great idea to hate the series.

Just stop if you want that I stop because that post wasn't addressed to you...
Sorry, my apologies...

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well, you played Smash 5 on Wii U. :troll:
You forget the pun that Sakurai himself pointed out.
Super Smash Bros. FOR Wii U
Super Smash Bros. FOR Nintendo 3DS
Super Smash Bros. FOUR Wii U/Nintendo 3DS
Get it?
Ge'it?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You forget the pun that Sakurai himself pointed out.
Super Smash Bros. FOR Wii U
Super Smash Bros. FOR Nintendo 3DS
Super Smash Bros. FOUR Wii U/Nintendo 3DS
Get it?
Ge'it?

I get it it means you need 4 consoles to play the game?

I knew it my logic is perfect.

(I knew that image woud come handy :) )

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

I get it it means you need 4 consoles to play the game?

I knew it my logic is perfect.

(I knew that image woud come handy :) )
10/10 Would recommend logic to friends and probablynotmyfamily

Soul.

Let's hope that happens with the D/P remakes on the next Nintendo handheld.
Preach, my friend. Preach!

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

If you want to get more deep, here's your choices:

pm64: this is a good thing to start with the game containing the simpliest foundations of the series. This game was directly born from smrpg (and I have a thory about earthbound because weird similarities). The good thing for beginners is it's really cheap on wii vc and it's easier to learn the mechanics as it is the simplies (it was the first so, they didn't tried everything they could). The really downer is first the n64 was limited meaning there's elements implemented in future game that made the experience a lot different. For example, pm64 battle are quite too linear and you'll see but the action commands feels less satisfying and farming just sounds a bit annoying. The animation doesn;t have much folding, but I make the joke it seems more like cardboard then paper :) The text has less humor, but some jokes are great. The music however is really great and that's even if the stereo effects isn't as present as future game. Some music are really good and the locations and moments are, like the next 2 games, very memorable.

TL;DR, cheap, simpliest foundations, but could feel limiting and might feel you're not getting the full thing. Do know that the cons are VERY minimal. They won't likely make you not like the game and there's actually a decent protion that praise moe pm64 than TTYD.

For TTYD, look, I'm not going to go in details beside that you have to get on ebay which is 40-50$ BUT, trust me, it's worth every penny. This game is a masterpiece and to tell the truth, it's a sort of pm64 2.0 because this game is really a direct sequel of pm64, but its concept was really pushed to the maximum so much that I guarantee you will be mind blowned more than once. The reason you might want to pick it first is because it is the peak and core of the series. Spm and even sticker star takes elements from it (spm however is heavilly based on TTYD). For example, this is the first time we see the famous hey gorgeous font. The text is hilarious and more appealing, music is legendary, and the battles are VERY satisfying (greatly improved from a strategy standpoint too).

As for spm, you might want to take this one if you feel you want to experience a simple platformer before an rpg, but do know that this game is a merge of pltformer and rpg, not just one. The thing is this isn't exacly a sequel to TTYD, but more a fork, it's based on it, but it is renewed. I first need to tell you, if you heard hates, IGNORE. I did the mistake of not to and I wasted time. The MAJOR reasons this game is that good is its plot...very deep plot and let me tease you, it's about love. Should be easy to get cheap used cop nowadays. It is not as polihed as TTYD (it has some flaws), but most of TTYD essential elements was kept (and I was surprised that so much was kept).

And avoid sticker star, you really and especially for first game not tocuh it, but I advise to not touch it at all.

So, there's also an interesting thing. If you start by spm, TTYD is going to feel familiar and vice versa. Pm64 is a great one before TTYD as TTYD as pm64 concept, but psuhed, polished and more so, feels familiar.

So, if you start by spm:

spm -> ttyd -> pm64

If you start by TTYD:

TTYD -> spm -> pm64

if you start by pm64:

pm64 -> TTYD -> spm

However, I advise if I were you to do pm64 -> TTYD -> spm.

There's inter game references like spm ch3 - 4 is filled of TTYD stuff so by not playing TTYD before, you won't get everything.

and TTYD has pm64 stuff.

Did I answered your question?
Sweet Jesus look at the words
Yes you answered my question thoroughly, I think I'll start with PM64.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Damn
Those lines are killer
Heh. Going to ToysRus tomorrow is going to be like stepping into Vietnam. Hopefully I can at least come out with something.
This Cowboy is going to get rekt

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Sweet Jesus look at the words
Yes you answered my question thoroughly, I think I'll start with PM64.
I don't know if it's because I made a lot of typo (the effects of typing a lot is you type too fast) or you were pointing out how much text I've written.

If it's for the later...you saw just a little sample :)

Soul.

Do you think Mega Evo will be in the DP remakes?
Yes, of course they will be in. Mega Evolutions are a mainstay for the series now. It would be pointless to remove them.
It would make some Pokémon less viable in any format.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
*Receives eShop Cyber Deals message*

Well, of course Nintendo, I would gladly buy some interesting eShop titles... if you actually made eShop available in Lastin America.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let's hope that happens with the D/P remakes on the next Nintendo handheld.
Preach, my friend. Preach!
Well, I only hope the artstyle is different from the one found in X / Y and ORAS. Maybe something similar to Colosseum, XD, and Battle Revolution in terms of graphics and all that? My best guess is that the artstyle found in the 3DS games were chosen to match the Sugimori artworks.

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
Hell yes

Oh look its that chick from Baka & Test, Not Hideyoshi
jk, I know who she is. Its cute
But she isnt as cute as Hideyoshi *hides*
Lmfao But Hiddy is a Dude. o.o

Then again the Art style makes me forget 80% of the time.

It's Himeji! God, it's been a while since I've last seen Baka and Test.
The Anime is amazing, Well it's amazing if you like easy going comedy. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom