• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
To be honest I didn't care about Pokemon trainer myself.

I liked Ivysaur sure, but I'm not really effected by his loss.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Hey, look at Roy's tipper mechanic in Melee. Doesn't work too well now does it.

Love him in Project M though, he's more fun imo. Love-hate relationship with him in Melee. :colorful:

But yeah, I wasn't too sure how they were going to balance PT. Separating each Pokemon would be my ideal situation (like what they did with Charizard). Although seeing Ivy and Squirtle cut will sadden me.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
By the way, I'm not maining Robin because there is no bat**** crazy loli Robin (apparently).

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Lol, Robin should have a Chris alt.

I want to know if the male Robin could have pink hair... I need my avatar in Smash...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, got my Smash series symbol decal & 3DS cover protector (to protect the decal from wearing off) in the mail yesterday. However, I'm not sure if I'll apply it to my 3DS now since I ordered it before the announcement of the New Nintendo 3DS model and I've been hearing the dimensions of the New Nintendo 3DS model are not the same as the original Nintendo 3DS model.

So should I apply the decal to my 3DS now & buy another decal for the New 3DS, or should I save the decal I currently have for the New model?
I really need some opinions...

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
From KazeMemayru of NintendoLife:

"AKB48 is an idol group (the Japanese equivalent of a girl band, which holds a similar status as a popular boyband in the west). But not any idol group - it's the most famous and popular one in all of Japan. The problem, however, lies within shady business standards and an obsessive and, more often than not, downright disgusting parts of their fanbase. Some AKB48 fans are notorious for stalking, taking photos of panties, molesting the idols, and even killing each other over opinions on the group or its members.
Recently, the "fame" of AKB48 has been brought to question due to recurring incidents where anonymous bomb threats have been declared on conventions the idol group attends.
But the idols themselves can be similarly repulsive in behaviour, often mocking their fans and the media, as well as simply refusing to sign fan cards at conventions because "the fans are all ugly".
Some time ago, it was revealed that some fans were obsessing so hard over AKB48 that a few of them took up insane debts to buy thousands of albums in order to get equally many vote cards on which member is the best, who should be leading on live acts, and other stuff I don't wanna mention here (it's questionable, though).

The fact that Nintendo is actually advertising their most anticipated game with this idol group just shows how much medial influence AKB48 still has on the masses - though that doesn't mean it's cool."

What have you done Nintendo? I am so scared now. :(

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
And you call yourself a Lucina fan. :smirk:
Historical Fire Emblem character main right here.

At the very least, you should try maining blue-haired Robin.
Hey I played a lot of Ike in Brawl. He might be my main again cause that's how I play for everyone. Pure power; no defending. lol

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
By the way, I'm not maining Robin because there is no bat**** crazy loli Robin (apparently).

And this, ladies, gentlemen and racoons, is why SSB4 needs connection with Awakening to pass Robin's customizations.

We also need it with New Leaf and Tomodachi Life

Last edited:

Golden Gallade

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3823-9001-5955
I fell that a lot of people show biases for what characters they main by what series they like. About 60% of people that play sonic play him just because they like his games.

I'm No different, however. I love Pokemon and it seams I just gravitate to those characters. I have never played any Mother game, So that might be part of the reason I don't play Ness or Lucas a lot.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I fell that a lot of people show biases for what characters they main by what series they like. About 60% of people that play sonic play him just because they like his games.

I'm No different, however. I love Pokemon and it seams I just gravitate to those characters. I have never played any Mother game, So that might be part of the reason I don't play Ness or Lucas a lot.
I can relate; I'm planning on maining Palutena due to Uprising being my favorite 3DS game; likewise Mario and Samus are my favorite Nintendo characters of their respective genders, so they have always been part of my mains.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
If you bring your 3DS with you to places frequently, go ahead and put the decal on now. 99% of decals are reusable and can be taken off then attached to another system. However, the process is delicate, so you may still want to wait if you want to guarantee preservation of the artwork (i.e. it not being stretched out of proportion).

If you don't bring your 3DS with you most places, there's no reason to put it on yet. Check how you feel about the New 3DS before you put it on. There's also the chance that the dimensions are different enough that your 3DS protector case will not fit. So, keep that in mind too.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Depends on whether or not you plan on keeping your old one. If you do, go right ahead, but if you don't it'd kinda be a waste. Also, does the decal cover the whole 3DS? If it does, then it most likely won't fit the new one.

Overall, I think you should go for it. ;)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I've been thinking about something... What if unlockable costumes are a thing?
It could work. I mean Mortal Kombat and Tekken have them. So the idea isn't foreign to the genre. Thought I do wonder if Sakurai would want that.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If you bring your 3DS with you to places frequently, go ahead and put the decal on now. 99% of decals are reusable and can be taken off then attached to another system. However, the process is delicate, so you may still want to wait if you want to guarantee preservation of the artwork (i.e. it not being stretched out of proportion).

If you don't bring your 3DS with you most places, there's no reason to put it on yet. Check how you feel about the New 3DS before you put it on. There's also the chance that the dimensions are different enough that your 3DS protector case will not fit. So, keep that in mind too.
My 3DS is in my pocket ALL DAY EVERYDAY

Depends on whether or not you plan on keeping your old one. If you do, go right ahead, but if you don't it'd kinda be a waste. Also, does the decal cover the whole 3DS? If it does, then it most likely won't fit the new one.

Overall, I think you should go for it. ;)
Not 100% sure if I'm keeping my original 3DS after I get the new one but like I said before, we don't know how long North Americans have to wait for the new model. And decal does not cover the whole 3DS (but the protector does). Here is what it will look like (same colors and everything):

So I'll just go ahead and apply then buy another one for the new model (like I said, the decal and protector are cheap and on sale from time to time).

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
From KazeMemayru of NintendoLife:

What have you done Nintendo? I am so scared now. :(
Japanese mafia AKB48 is confirmed seen en route to your dwelling to silence you. You have my condolences.
Usually yes.
Have you experienced other side effects such as camaraderie, deathlike symptoms and T3h P0w3r?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I just came back from a trip to the beach
Sounds cool, right?
Well, on the way home a Bee harassed me and bit me twice in less than 5 minutes.
It huuuuurts... ;(

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I just came back from a trip to the beach
Sounds cool, right?
Well, on the way home a Bee harassed me and bit me twice in less than 5 minutes.
It huuuuurts... ;(
Doesn't a bee's insides get pulled out with the stinger after it stings a person? How could it stab you twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom