• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I'm loving all of the music in this game. I actually find myself spending quite some time in My Music just listening to everything and sorting out frequencies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I can confirm from unlocking Pokemon Stadium 2 there is a new remix of the wild Pokemon theme from Diamond and Pearl!
I dont have the patience to pass that even to unlock that stage. You can only unlock it if you beat in in that stupid 70 second limit right? Wait, different event oops

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
With Pokemon I've been thinking of Omega Ruby, but I'm probably gonna wait till the next iteration comes around. Mario 64 DS however I am planning on getting.

Mario and Luigi I've heard good things about. And especially with how I am with RPGs (while I don't hate them, more often than not I feel like I don't contribute much other than choosing commands), so hopefully it will be a better experience.
In my opinion Partners in Time is the least fun in the series. I agree with @ Luggy Luggy the GBA one is the best one.

Lmfao this is real? They know Weegee?
Well, Nintendo memes (or tries to) a lot lately, so it's not a big surprise to me.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Hey guys!
How have you all been?
---
Am I the only person who likes Smash Tour? It's pretty fun, and it gets better with friends. Also, less that 15 minutes into the game, and I've already found a walk-through-walls glitch. Hooray!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys!
How have you all been?
---
Am I the only person who likes Smash Tour? It's pretty fun, and it gets better with friends. Also, less that 15 minutes into the game, and I've already found a walk-through-walls glitch. Hooray!
You're not alone my friend, I've played that mode up to 8 times last night (mostly to get a crap of of gold and have more custom pieces). Mecha-Fiora and Heropon Riki are ironically my favorite battle items in Smash Tour.

"Leave it to Heropon!" :awesome:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Well, Nintendo memes (or tries to) a lot lately, so it's not a big surprise to me.
Yeah, Nintendo now just goes on the internet and discovers memes. They started to implant them with Reggie and his body. It's great.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Hey guys!
How have you all been?
---
No I'm starting to like it too. at first I only liked Smash run by Tour is good. Would of still like run on the wii u though

R0Y

Smash Master
Now that I've unlocked every character and stage, my thoughts:

-Disappointed in no Ridley. Contrary to what Sakurai thinks it is a Bowser/King Dedede situation

Course, Dedede is Sakurai's child so he gets in also, not being salty, just stating an obvious fact. You really think Ridley wouldn't be playable if all other things were equal but Sakurai were behind the Metroid series?

-Disappointed in how the stages were allocated. Loads of past stages were relied upon to increase the stage count by 5 over Brawl in the Wii U version, with the 3DS also getting some of the best past stages like Corneria. Sort of wish the 3DS version didn't exist and the Wii U had gotten Corneria and a few others. Both Smash titles have the fewest new stages of any game in the series except Smash 64.

Those are my only complaints aside from the confusing menus (way more options than Brawl but still keeps Sakurai's wife's usual menus, could have been handled better imo.)

9.7 out of 10.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Now that I've unlocked every character and stage, my thoughts:

-Disappointed in no Ridley. Contrary to what Sakurai thinks it is a Bowser/King Dedede situation

Course, Dedede is Sakurai's child so he gets in also, not being salty, just stating an obvious fact. You really think Ridley wouldn't be playable if all other things were equal but Sakurai were behind the Metroid series?

-Disappointed in how the stages were allocated. Loads of past stages were relied upon to increase the stage count by 5 over Brawl in the Wii U version, with the 3DS also getting some of the best past stages like Corneria. Sort of wish the 3DS version didn't exist and the Wii U had gotten Corneria and a few others. Both Smash titles have the fewest new stages of any game in the series except Smash 64.

Those are my only complaints aside from the confusing menus (way more options than Brawl but still keeps Sakurai's wife's usual menus, could have been handled better imo.)

9.7 out of 10.
I don't think bringing Ridley and sizes into any conversation is a good idea

R0Y

Smash Master
You gotta make a kill in cruel smash to get Duck Hunt Dog?

How the crap do you do that?
I used Kirby and neutral-B'd someone and let them go off the edge. Worked one of my first tries.

Woops, sorry for double post.

Last edited:

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
I used Kirby and neutral-B'd someone and let them go off the edge. Worked one of my first tries.

Woops, sorry for double post.
This is the technique I used!
It may not work that well at first, but when you get the hang of it you'll be able to get at least 10 KOs.

D

Deleted member

You guys, I had a revelation the other day.
Sakurai is really, really good at many things. But I think fanservice is not one of those things. He's ok at it. Just not the best.
I think understanding this explains a lot about the way Smash is.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Spending lunch soft resetting until mudkip has beneficial nature

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Sakurai is really, really good at many things. But I think fanservice is not one of those things. He's ok at it. Just not the best.
I dunno, sometimes he can really go out of his way for obscure details that only few people will notice, but I can agree it isnt equal across all franchises.

Strofirko

Smash Master
You'r name is mewtwo,your argument is invalid.:troll:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
That's subjective and dependant on what series of games you like. I for example am a huge Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Xenoblade fan, and I just love the man. 4 FE reps, with freakin' Robin being amazing, eventually 6 Pokemon with them all being amazing, and Xenoblade was fantastic. That medley, Shulk, Reyn references, Metal Face, Gaur Plain all of it. Proper fan service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom