• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I tell you what's annoying...

It's like impossible to find gameplay videos of any game without annoying commentary. Like, I love watching people play games, but they all have unfunny, loud voice overs. Just play in silence, please!
Yeah, I remember AttackingTucans always talking about [BLOCKED] all the time when he first started let's playing. Which is why I like the Runaway Guys, JoshJepson, and Lucahjin better.

D

Deleted member

It's like impossible to find gameplay videos of any game without annoying commentary. Like, I love watching people play games, but they all have unfunny, loud voice overs. Just play in silence, please!
I kinda like to have commentary sometimes, especially when it's someone like Northernlion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

lol we talking about unlockables.
We were all more hyped when they unlocked characters on the 3DS version. If that's not what really happened then I dunno.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
As long as the commentary isn't irritating, I love LPs, particularly blind ones. I enjoy seeing how other people react on their first time through the game and hearing their thoughts about it.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

I love how there's "No Commentary Let's Plays". The point of a Let's Play or a Commentated Walkthrough is to have commentary...

In some cases, commentary for fighting games is good since you can have a dude explain stuff like his combos, opinions on approaches, etc.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll admit, commentaries can be hit or miss for me. For example, there are certain I hate having commentary over such as games that utilize music like Samba De Amigo or games that are heavy in dialogue like Ace Attorney.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I kinda like to have commentary sometimes, especially when it's someone like Northernlion.
He's one of the few LP'ers I've listened to who doesn't have a grating voice. It is rare though.
I'll have to check him out then. I've been searching a bit today, some of them really suck. I don't mind comments, but not a running dialogue. Some narrate what they are doing... but I can see them doing it, so it's redundant. Maybe I'll start my own LP channel...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'll admit, commentaries can be hit or miss for me. For example, there are certain I hate having commentary over such as games that utilize music like Samba De Amigo or games that are heavy in dialogue like Ace Attorney.
RPGs, fighting games, strategy games, old games, and "special" games like Spec Ops: The Line are ones where I find commentary is nice. For one, strategy games and fighting games are nice to have people's opinions on builds, playstyle, what they're doing, etc. Old games are like memory-sharing. It's just nice to hear what it was like for people to play Contra, Super Mario Bros. Majora's Mask, etc. when they were young or when it was released in their lifetime. Special games like Spec Ops: The Line, Okami, Far Cry, the Chzo Mythos, etc. is more of an interpretation thing. Some people would reaction, reason, and think about things differently, So, it's interesting to hear people say that they think such and such is so and so. Oh, and party games like Dokapon Kingdom or, well, Mario Party are fun too since it's a freaking party. Plus you get to hear people get annoyed and suffer from RNG or outright preplanned doom in Dokapon Kingdom.

Other games like action-adventure, platformers, shooters, racers, etc. are hit or miss. If it's challenge or 100% run, then sure since they might be giving out tips or how they work their way to completion.

Heavy dialogue depends on the commentator. Some people have really good storytelling voices, others just sound bored as hell, and some just make it funny like while reading they point out weird things or how there's a bunch of BS or something.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So you guys know that whole "Break the Internet Kim Kardashian" thing, that did indeed break the Internet, but with parody memes?

image.jpg

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I like Bikdip.
His voice is kinda monotone (fyi, he hates it when people say that) and is similar to mine. :>
And I like his humor.

I didn't care for him other LPers earlier,until I came across his Super Mario 74 playthrough in early 2013.

Also, I misread his name as Bidkip. Similar to Mudkip.

His wife kinda has a cute voice too. And she made a Zelda OOT hack.

Well, uh. Has Chreest calmed down with the anime GIFs.
Speaking of which...

Shmoopy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jordanious24
3DS FC
3995-6588-3249
hi guys I want to post on whatever thread this has been turned into.

ANYWAY. Somebody tell me....Is there an official term for being ko'd and landing in front of the screen??

D

Deleted member

inb4 people want this to be an actual anime, replacing the current Pokémon anime with the OTP that is Ash x Serena
A Pokémon anime without Ash? I don't know how will people react to that.. :troll:
Well of course there was Chronicles but then again I'm not into Pokémon so meh.

Soul.

A Pokémon anime without Ash? I don't know how will people react to that.. :troll:
Well of course there was Chronicles but then again I'm not into Pokémon so meh.
Pokémon fans would probably like an anime without Ash. I don't know though. OR/AS will last one generation and then the Sinnoh remakes will come. So....yeah, you're right about Sonic Chronicles.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'd say the Pokemon fans would love an anime without Ash. An anime starting new, that's fast paced and more action heavy, like The Strongest Mega Evolution Act 1.

D

Deleted member

I like Bikdip.
His voice is kinda monotone (fyi, he hates it when people say that) and is similar to mine. :>
And I like his humor.

I didn't care for him other LPers earlier,until I came across his Super Mario 74 playthrough in early 2013.

Also, I misread his name as Bidkip. Similar to Mudkip.

His wife kinda has a cute voice too. And she made a Zelda OOT hack.

Speaking of which...
All it needs is a Brazzers logo.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So I've been playing LBP3 all day, and it fully surpassed my expectations. The new tools are blowing my mind.

Though I was right about it being lonely without online...

And I had issues with getting my old DLC again, I'm still missing a good chunk of it. I'll be miffed if I don't get my space suit back.

But all of these amazing new tools are so fun to mess around with.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Well...I learned that Tumblr can be full of bat**** crazy people, especially in the Disney fandom...

God I wish that website can only be restricted to keep its cool .gifs and artworks.
This is so triggering I can't even I'm crying
(This is my Tumblr speak for "I agree with you. Tumblr is full of idiots."
Like seriously half the people on there are 14 and are like "OH MY GOD IF YOU EAT CHINESE FOOD YOU'RE PARTICIPATING IN CULTURAL APPROPRIATION SO STOP" People on tumblr create all these new words and things and I think I'm just too old to keep up (I'm 22).

Oh man, rough draft of serious essay due tomorrow (and in a week) and I'm surfing the internet. Barely at half length of what the final is supposed to be. Anyone else here have a problem with procrastinating?
Oh my God. You don't even know. Sometimes I'll procrastinate so hard that I'll just set an alarm for the middle of night so I'll sleep, wake up, and then do my reading or whatever then go back to sleep (if it doesn't take me that long). So yeah.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Is it a bad thing that I randomly decide to go ham on a Link who does not seem to know how to fight a Lucario?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Is it a bad thing that I randomly decide to go ham on a Link who does not seem to know how to fight a Lucario?
It happens. I mean, your furry friends kicked my tail feathers a lot so... REVENGEANCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom