• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
So what's the deal with Tanooki Mario? Does he only turn to stone mid-jump on Dragonway? Or is it just a rarer jump animation than the other two?

D

Deleted member

So what's the deal with Tanooki Mario? Does he only turn to stone mid-jump on Dragonway? Or is it just a rarer jump animation than the other two?
It's a special jump animation that only plays on certain jumps.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
In my weird opinion it fits better than Link.
At least Link's a Nintendo character. The Mercedes just looks weird compared to the wacky, cartoony, and not-monotonous vehicles in MK8. It's like if we slapped Scorpion or Kratos into SSB. They'd be so out of place compared to say, Bayonetta or the dude from Contra.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
omg, everyone is playing as Link on the day he comes out when the alternatives are Peach #4 and Mario #4?

Color me flabbergasted.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm going to main the living hell out of Link in MK8 once the hype dies down.

This dream has been going on since I was introduced to Mario Kart when Double Dash first came out, and I ain't lettin' nothing completely ruin it for me.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
I hope the next DLC pack brings at least 1 new ATV, I feel bad for those 3. All alone in the dark by themselves with each other..... just waiting for a new ATV friend to show up and keep them company on those lonely, cold nights...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
At least Link's a Nintendo character. The Mercedes just looks weird compared to the wacky, cartoony, and not-monotonous vehicles in MK8. It's like if we slapped Scorpion or Kratos into SSB. They'd be so out of place compared to say, Bayonetta or the dude from Contra.
Honestly, one of Wario's cars wasn't that different from the Mercedes. Since then, it never looked out of place to me. Maybe slightly more realistic than it had to be, but that's about it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just made a grilled cheese sandwhich in which I used french toast for bread

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How do they control the animatronics in FNaF1

It says "They aren't allowed to walk around during the day"

Do they just TELL the killer possessed animatronics: "Hey, you can't walk around during the day!"
Perhaps they're just supervised?

D

Deleted member

I'm going to main the living hell out of Link in MK8 once the hype dies down.

This dream has been going on since I was introduced to Mario Kart when Double Dash first came out, and I ain't lettin' nothing completely ruin it for me.
I'm also waiting until the hype dies down a bit more to start playing Link, for some reason I just don't want to play him when there's going to be at least 3 other Links in any given match. For now, it's Iggy in a B-Dasher, or sometimes Waluigi in a Blue Falcon.
To be completely honest, I can't stand him being in it. The only thing I like about his inclusion is seeing him in a GLA.
He's definitely not for everyone, and while he stands out a bit, I think he fits in fine, especially since they used the more cell-shaded and cartoony Skyward Sword design.
That is the most American ****ing thing I've heard all day.

Last edited by a moderator:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I don't know if this has been said, but Link is the Little Mac of MK8 online
Hey man, I wanted to main villager (but he's not out yet :c ), but link was the best character out of all the chars there, green koopa and yoshi are still cool though.

I would have loved if falcon was there but no, but that blue falcon... cant resist. So yeah everyone mains link cause link just outstyles all the mario chars no contest.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/DBFB...d=v5vAywKshk1THGIQDdDsckgfW7nmYXhx[/collapse]

Even beat the luigi stare. He's that hype.

Last edited:

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm just one step closer to making my favorite sandwich

Monte Cristo

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
On the whole FNaF1 animatronics thing, the Phone Guy said that they're left in a "Free-roaming mode" at night, and that they're not allowed to wander during the day. So whatever the case, I assume they can't leave the stage during the day and that they may be a bit less self-aware during this time as well.

As to how this mode is activated my guess is that they were modified at some point so that they would switch modes automatically at set times. They could be heavily supervised as day approaches as well but given how they don't bother with getting more than a single guard for the night watch that seems a bit unlikely to me...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The sandwich in French toast doesn't have syrup but it does use preserves and powdered sugar

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
French toast + cheese doesn't sound that appealing to me... although substituting the cheese with some sort of sweet spread sounds like an awesome sandwich.

Well, my uncle used to eat raisin toast with jam, cheese slices, and cream cheese on top. If you'd like something different, try that. =P

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
French toast + cheese doesn't sound that appealing to me... although substituting the cheese with some sort of sweet spread sounds like an awesome sandwich.

Well, my uncle used to eat raisin toast with jam, cheese slices, and cream cheese on top. If you'd like something different, try that. =P
Try a monte cristo

It has different kinds of meat, cheese, jelly and powdered sugar

all in French Toast

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Elvis Presley's favorite sandwich: peanut butter and bananas is okay, but my intolerance for sweets makes it less appetizing. First couple of bites are great and then it hits me... I don't like sugary foods.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash

I've eaten jam and cream cheese together, it's pretty good. Though nowadays I'd probably substitute the jam for regular sliced up fruit or berries or something, and the cream cheese for greek yogurt since they taste fairly similar, but greek yogurt is way better for you.

All this food talk is making me hungry...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Elvis Presley's favorite sandwich: peanut butter and bananas is okay, but my intolerance for sweets makes it less appetizing. First couple of bites are great and then it hits me... I don't like sugary foods.
I thought his favourite sandwich was the fool's gold loaf which had a jar of peanut butter, a jar of grape jam and a pound of bacon.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought his favourite sandwich was the fool's gold loaf which had a jar of peanut butter, a jar of grape jam and a pound of bacon.
You're BOTH wrong

It was peanut butter, banana and bacon

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You're BOTH wrong

It was peanut butter, banana and bacon
That was my second guess :smirk:

Still he is pretty fond of the fool's gold loaf and after a quick look, Elvis did say peanut butter and banana is his favourite but did not always mention bacon being a part of it.

R0Y

Smash Master

This thing is hard cover and over 300 pages long....damn..I need this tome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom