• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
OMG guys! I just unlocked Mewtwo! Freakin' MEWTWO!!! He's the last character, and here I thought the only Pokemon newcommer was Pichu:troll:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Remember when Xenoblade Chronicles was a GameStop exclusive?

Well, they're also doing that with the Shulk amiibo...
Well, looks like I won't be getting a Shulk Amiibo.
Not like I was planning to getting one anyway~

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
OMG guys! I just unlocked Mewtwo! Freakin' MEWTWO!!! He's the last character, and here I thought the only Pokemon newcommer was Pichu:troll:
Pfft, please, everyone knows the only unlockable characters are Green Mario, Fire Captain America, Big Eyed Kirby and Red Lucas.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Anyone else has problem with the "KO 4 Opponents in Cruel Smash" challenge?

I swear those Miis are seriously some Motherf****** that make a Touhou in game in easy mode actually looks easy.
Simple : take little mac, spam his counter. It works, I add 4 KOs with this technique.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
So, who is NOT planning on getting the gamecube adapter? Seems like everyone and their mom is. I've always played on the gamecube controller, but I feel like, that controller is two systems old, maybe it's time to move on. Also, my main issue with the 3DS is the thumbstick, and lack of D-pad, which the Pro has. So I don't see why the Pro won't work, as long as we can make the switch. So much easier to have 4 Pro controlelrs plugged in wirelessly than having 4 gamecube wires everywhere. I hate wired controllers lol.
Anyone else in the same boat?
I'm probably going to get one, however I'm most likely to dislike the GamaCube controller.
But, hey at least it's wired.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
When I've just 2 stock someone with Luigi by finishing him with a UpB :

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
So much lucario hate nowadays, there is just no considerate thought or respect anymore.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Because :mewtwopm: gonna be in the game! People no longer care about :4lucario: anymore.
Oh people care, just in the way of crying about aura. Its starting to get hard saying people's tears are delicious when Im submerged 20feet in tears.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
So much lucario hate nowadays, there is just no considerate thought or respect anymore.
I have to say, sometimes I found the way of playing Lucario kinda disgusting. Waiting to take damages for then being ultra powerful, it's not really cool. But it's just sometimes, otherwise Lucario is a good character.

I just realised something : I've never found a single Dr.Mario in the For Glory mode. I'm literally the only guy in it who plays him. It's funny, after people gets beat by him in For Glory, they are often like this :
:4drmario:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
SEGA didn't send review of Sonic Boom copies to any major reviewers...
Really showing confidence in their game there.

Here comes another Sonic series bomb.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
SEGA didn't send review of Sonic Boom copies to any major reviewers...
Really showing confidence in their game there.

Here comes another Sonic series bomb.
Well I personally didn't think we were getting Sonic '06 this soon, unless...
Sonic Boom 3D was the different take on the franchise, and Sonic Boom Wii U is the franchise killer.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I did try Sonic Boom 3DS demo what it launched. It was meh in my experience: the level structure was pretty bleh but it wasn't a buggy-to-hell train wreck like I'm hearing with the Wii U game.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I have to say, sometimes I found the way of playing Lucario kinda disgusting. Waiting to take damages for then being ultra powerful, it's not really cool. But it's just sometimes, otherwise Lucario is a good character.

I just realised something : I've never found a single Dr.Mario in the For Glory mode. I'm literally the only guy in it who plays him. It's funny, after people gets beat by him in For Glory, they are often like this :
:4drmario:
I've met one other Dr. Mario on For Glory. That battle was fun. *Pill* *Cape* *Cape* *Cape* *Cape* *Cape* *Cape* *Tornado* *Repeat*

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
In other news I uploaded a video of me playing Gannondorf (I have not played Gannondork since Melee and even then it was only once back then).
I have no business playing as him, just none.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Decided to try out the Demo of Sonic Boom 3DS.
...I have alot of nitpicks.
  • Levels are LONG. The Exploration Level, even if your speedrunning, takes about 7 Minutes to complete.
  • Controls are SO Confusing. B is Jump, X is Spindash/Stomp, A is Inner-OhI'mSorry "Enerbeam" and Y is Run. My problem with this is that you NEED A and X, and you can't gain any speed if you don't hold Y. So basically, in certain sections, you need to Hold Y at all times, Press B to Jump, Switch to X to do a Dash/Stomp, then A to do the Innerbeam, then back to B. You get confused in seconds.
  • This game has a serious case of the Sonic 4's, now with added WORSE. If you touch a Speed Booster, you CAN NOT do ANYTHING until you hit a Spring or a Wall. You're just stuck watching the fireworks until you're free, and Speed Boosters, Spring Locks, and Boosters that lead into Spring Locks that lead into MORE Boosters are EVERYWHERE. ESPECIALLY IN THE STICKS RACE.
  • Speaking of Sonic 4, your speed is set. Not Holding Y makes you walk at a snails pace, holding Y makes you move fast. You can't earn speed, like the Sonic Series is supposed to be like. Infact, the "Run Button" is basically an Infinite Boost.
  • Alot of Pointlessness. Spindash is basically "I try and go fast but I'm only out for a Limited Time and you lose all momentum after I'm done", using your Innerbeam on the Ground is next to pointless (aside from those Enemies with the Shields that you can just jump over) and using your Dash/Stomp also forces you to lose all Momentum after the move is done.
  • Speaking of the Innerbeam, most sections that use the Innerbeam you can just outright skip with your Jump (if you're Y-to-Win-ing) unless there's more than 1 right beside eachother and/or you're above a bottomless/spike pit. This annoys me.
  • Music Tracks are repeated. ALOT. Music is good, but having to go back and forth between Level Segments and the Music resetting each time is not really a good thing.
I know this is supposed to be a "Spin-Off" or whatever you prefer, but MAN.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Decided to try out the Demo of Sonic Boom 3DS.
...I have alot of nitpicks.
  • Levels are LONG.
That's all you need.
I got so bored playing the demo, that I didn't even bother to finish, I just quit.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looking at the Wii U Sonic Boom Miiverse community, there I really didn't see any posts heavily criticizing the game (a big majority was saying it was fun and/or great as well as "Just started playing!")

Maybe SEGA paid Miiversians to talk positively about the game :troll:

Also:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, mah cousin picked up mah copy of Rise of Lyric and drove it here to mah apartment, but jus one problem. Ah don't keep man Wii U at mah apartment, so Ah gotta wait till Friday to start playin it. SHUCKS!!!

Soul.

Again. Sonic games should be like Colors and Generations. If they make an Adventure game, keep the same gameplay from the previous entries.
Also lol it now takes 13 seconds for Luma to respawn.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Well, mah cousin picked up mah copy of Rise of Lyric and drove it here to mah apartment, but jus one problem. Ah don't keep man Wii U at mah apartment, so Ah gotta wait till Friday to start playin it. SHUCKS!!!
I think you're better off never playing it, Cliff.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
****ing Little Mac players. I kept losing against one.

Once I won, he rage quit. The scales were tipped. :4robinm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom