• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So is anyone else talking about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-N2oQSS03A

This 10 year old girl is a pro at Smash, I can only imagine when she gets older and keeps player, her name would be known in the Smash world.
It was more fun listening to the video. I stopped 6 minutes in though.

Late to comment on Palutena's Guidance, but I loved how Pichu was mentioned in Pikachu's. Granted, Raichu was also mentioned because it was a commentary on Pikachu's evolutionary line and how Pikachu is the most popular even as a middle evolution...but PICHU WAS MENTIONED! :D

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Holy hell can that cameraman like stop having a seizure for at least 2 seconds? Seriously dude. It is interesting though.
That's called hype bruh.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah I just read a good point

Instead of getting rid of sexy outfits on females in games

Give the option for both sexy and regular outfits for both genders

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah I just read a good point

Instead of getting rid of sexy outfits on females in games

Give the option for both sexy and regular outfits for both genders
I know that the West and Japan may have different cultural views on this subject, but given why we sexualize the body and the long history behind it... having equal fanservice for both genders seem to be one of the more better options imo.

That being said, things get hard when games are made mostly by men, for the straight male gamer in mind. When I play video games (mostly online) that I know have a small female player base, I do sometimes get jealous seeing all the "fanservice" outfits available for the female characters, while the men usually get a lot less (or even none). I know I shouldn't really care about eye candy in certain games, but in some it gets to a point where catering to the straight male crowd is so blatant... I can't really ignore it (and it gets harder when I do legitimately like the gameplay of said game).

A lot of it could come down to sales, as in the company fears having sexy male outfits (let's say DLC/paid or something) won't be as profitable versus females (also maybe because their female playerbase is so low). Of course if a default option is a sexy outfit, then yeah, that's a different story.

Sorry for kinda ranting, just had to get this off my chest. Anyway, we both have fanservice outfits for ZSS and Shulk, so that's a start I guess lol.

Where did you read this "good point" btw? I feel like I'm missing some context here.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
So like what? Swimwear for everybody confirmed?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just got every Smash Run power...

I feel liberated!

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
ECH ! I'm back from sleeping.
Hey, wanna know if you have the same height with an other character of the Smash4 roster ? Well, look at this :

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Naked Charizard: normal
Charizard with swim clothes: smexy

Can't explain that. :awesome:

-----
Charizard is hot regardless of clothing.

EDIT: "It has been announced that on November 16th, following a reairing of the movie Destiny Deoxys on the Japanese TV Channel, BS Japan, a special short episode is to air. This short episode is based upon Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire and features their versions of Brendan & May, as well as the Hoenn starters. Full details about this short are not yet known but we'll bring details as they come" -Serebii

Well, if you're gonna milk the Anime department, you could at least make a series. That doesn't have Ash. That's canon to the games. Hmm? :4lucario:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Almost hit 200 trophies. Also, I started off in Final Run with Mario, with the lowest Speed. I have the best Jump stats, and suddenly, my speed picked up as I easily dodged the traps. Soon enough, I leave them in the dust. Not as much as I did with Palutena way earlier, but eh. I think what I need to do is keep replaying Smash Run with the same character till I win the battle. Since there's no way to tell in-game if I won with one of them, well... I gotta find some way. :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, a quick analysis of the stage selection by series.

The following series got new and returning stages in both versions:
- Mario

The following series got new stages in both versions and returning stages in one version:
- The Legend of Zelda
- Kirby
- Pokémon
- Fire Emblem
- Kid Icarus
- Animal Crossing

The following series got returning stages in both versions and new stages in one version:
- Donkey Kong
- Yoshi
- Wario
- Metroid
- Star Fox

The following series got returning stages in one version and a new stage in the other:
- F-Zero
- EarthBound
- Pikmin
- Sonic

The following series got a new stage, one per version:
- Pac-Man

The following series got new stages shared across versions:
- Punch-Out!!
- Xenoblade Chronicles
- Mega Man

The following series got a returning stage shared across versions:
- Game & Watch

The following series only have stages in one version:
- Find Mii / StreetPass Quest
- Nintendogs
- Balloon Fight
- Tomodachi Life
- PictoChat
- Wrecking Crew
- Duck Hunt
- Wii Fit
- Wii Sports
- Pilotwings

Food for thought, I guess.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

This song is very catchy. It's starting to be one of my favorites of the game.

It has a very catchy beat, but fits the arena setting very well and sounds very intense.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Naked Charizard: normal
Charizard with swim clothes: smexy

Can't explain that. :awesome:

-----
There is, actually.
Implying said lizard is wearing clothes, one would assume it has a certain level of intelligence that would recognize nudity an an issue.
In terms of being "sexy", well, there are people into that sort of thing, but I'd rather not go into detail.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Do you think stage DLC might make some stages available in both versions?

It would be interesting if it happened...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well, if you're gonna milk the Anime department, you could at least make a series. That doesn't have Ash. That's canon to the games. Hmm? :4lucario:
Nope, screw that and screw the games.

If it's an anime without Ash and too much like the games, I don't wanna watch it.

Except the Mega Evolution Special since it's a tie-in going on at the same time anyways.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Spammer Rant:
Jaysus freaking Christo... So many damned spammers... I need friends ASAP since fighting randoms is annoying. It's one thing getting your tail feathers handed back to you on a silver platter from a good player; it's another to get them back on a broken, nasty-looking plate from a spammer and it's worse if it involves lag.

So, remember Kirby? Yeah, one dude spammed Final Cutter as a way to approach. The shockwave lasts momentarily, but it's enough that reflecting it leads to the move being cancelled. I lost and guess why? Lag. I cannot freaking move with Falco when there's lag. I don't know why, but anything I do with him leads to a huge delay or weird pauses and wrong moves. I'm pretty damn sure his Up Smash is fast enough to do something rather than let a charged smash attack hit Falco. Personal issues aside, Kirby needs a Boot Camp dedicated to make Kirby more than a spam-to-win and spam-to-approach feller. We know Kirby's better than this.

I heard the stories, but I finally experienced them. A Ganondorf that does nothing, but spam Flame Choke & Side Tilt combo. Oh, it was easy to punish. Once the player noticed it wasn't working, guess what happened? Wizard's Foot spamming...

I met a Yoshi who spammed dash attack as an approach and as a combo... It wasn't fun.

Then there's the Link's who camp with their bows...

Has anyone noticed that people (randoms) don't use aerials or edgeguard at all? Most of the time with randoms, nobody freaking follows up when someone's launched in the air. I don't if there's lag, but it's kind of funny to see people just wait until you come back and repeat the same thing. Some times, there are huge openings to just end the fight and nope, just gonna stand there and wait. Bad move, since if I (and any launchee) can get my momentum back, you're screwed. You don't even have to do much. Just hop off the ledge and hit me... GEEZ!
I agree. I especially hate it when they use predictable moves but yet I keep falling for it.

D

Deleted member

...Who would have thought that Interstellar would become the successor of Jurassic Park for the title of my favorite movie of all time ?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Do you think stage DLC might make some stages available in both versions?

It would be interesting if it happened...
I honestly expect all of the new 3S stages to eventually make their way to the Wii U version.

The opposite? Not so much.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Grand Dad is my favorite Mario game :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom