• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I'm using a Rapunzel avatar and have her in my signature, if I get pranked, it'll mean nothing to me.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
From what I have seen...
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 : Paper Mario is ALWAYS relevant
@Kermit the Ninja : Madoka Magica is ALWAYS relevant.
@ Themandme Themandme : Seems to have a disregard for grammar.
@UltraMario : Changes his avatar every 5 seconds (Minor exaggeration)
@ Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi : Constantly posts questionable things that people tend to object to.
@ Blargg888 Blargg888 : Apparently I'm the neutral guy, but I've noticed that I tend to always ask people how they're doing. Constantly.

I know that I've noticed a few others (@ Frostwraith Frostwraith and @ Starcutter Starcutter ), but I can't remember them all right now.

People would have tried, you can bet that someone, somewhere out there, would have tried.
*shrugs* I'm probably super obsessed with beedrill for some reason, or something.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
And I just noticed Cliff changed his gender to female and put on an Applejack avi.
I fear for the future.
My, my...

Me too. Really can't understand the problem with why they can't just say "SMT x FE is still in development. Here is a quick 30 vid showing you the title screen" or something. They will need to say something sooner rather than later.
Well, at least, when news finally arrive, they ought to be with a bang.

But even so, it's been almost two years since the teaser... Putting things in perspective, it's more or less the time we've waited for Smash 4...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
*shrugs* I'm probably super obsessed with beedrill for some reason, or something.
Originally, I was going to put that, but you don't really bring it up that often. Really only when bee related things happen.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5
Monster Hunter has Mario & Luigi Costumes for the Cats.
They have Paper Mario's Hammer as their Weapon.
Go crazy.
First thanks to be THE ONLY person that tagged me, that was very appreciated (lol, I expected at least 2, but yours was guaranted anyway :) ).

And second, I unfortunately didn't had my headphones at my college so when I watched it, I only watched the image and had the sound muted. But I did noticed how very close the hammer was to the one of Paper Mario and I should do research to know if that hammer (the same design) is only in Paper Mario because I know that there's plenties of hammers in the mario spectrum, but I know there's different one too. I will give my takes on it after I rewatched the direct with sounds, but I was happy to see that, just didn't overhype because it was just a nice and neat reference, not a big changes.

So far, my impressions are:
  • I wasn't overhyping the idea of tloz mm remake, but happening is now another thing. I did played this game on VC and I loved it even though there was some part I didn't like, but the game itself is really an art of how to reflect so well the state of depression and hopeless. I just cannot wait to hear final hours with the oot3d engine (I think it's clear that the engine is at least based on it). Little details, THANK GOD THE TEXT FONT IS SO READABLE! I have severe myopia and I can tell you, this is a lot better than the original. I really enjoy this. Other details like the new clock and some enemies render were very interesting and it would practically worth to buy this remake. This is btw another proof that they really start to listen to public interest and I love that.
  • STEAM is by IS and really, it sounds different. I mean I just looked at the visuals and I think this shows how IS can be very diverse. Interesting for a company mostly known as an enginering company, yes it does lots of dev kit. Though, it's definetely not the game I'll play, but it's nice to see diversity.
  • Ok all the amiibo stuff, still not convinced of their uses so far. In smash, I really don't seem to see the point for me and in mk8, I see even less the point. The only thing that would make me change ideas is if G&W is used elsewhere than smash too and having a Paper Mario one used in any game OR smash alone (which is obvious because of what it would imply :) ).
  • Speaking of mk8, I do like the DLC, but I don't think I'm going to play enough to enjoy the price despite being low. Maybe with the digital promotion.
  • Finally we can buy with PC or mobile because really, it might be even simplier for me. Mostly will use the PC though, but I'm a digital guy so, yu guess that it's good for me.
  • I just don't care enough to pay a full game for captain toad. Unless it's not 60$ and even then, I;m not sure if I'll like the game anyway. This is the kind of game I can suck a lot.
  • Duck hunt trailer now makes sense to NOT have been earlier because they didn't revealed the stage prior, but now, we should know what to expect in global direct. My comments are lol on that emphasis on the laugh, the nes sprite and finally, gosh I love him in HD despite not being used to him (and may never want to). The stage is good though, but this leaves us in suspense...where's the 3ds stage alternative? DLC?
  • Ok, that bit trip trophy just mind blowned me. To push the repping so far to rep INDIE? I respect a lot indie games but that is another thing. They were clearly not lying when they said they want to support more third party by their first party. Really, I love where this is going...
  • Speaking on that, yes I sort of got crazy when I saw the hammers on monster hunter but tbh with you, this went out with the fact that THEY ARE SO FREAKING FUNNY TO LOOK! I;m serious I said "the heck?". No further comments.
  • kirby = I don't care.
  • Everything pikmin = I don't care (fun fact, I got pikmin 3 with the wind waker hd offer and I still haven't played it...lol).
  • Need to get filled on that flipnote with pikmin??? again, sound muted.
  • xenoblade = I don't care (there's a lot of stuff I don't care even thoutgh I'm aware of their popularity, I'm just very picky in life :) )
  • splatton = I'm not sure if I care, but I think I won't...
  • nes remix = not touching this. I bought the first and it wasn't as enjoyable as I thought so, 3ds = care even less (how can I see with that screen if I have trouble with smb1 on 3ds vc?)
That pretty much sums it all. Will rewatch and tell my impression on Paper Mario because I think it means nothing for a WiiU game except that if it is in dev, not going to be this year and not Q1 2015. I still think it can happen because this is actually normal if I check previoud releases dates. As for that monster hunter reference...not sure, will check.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
First thanks to be THE ONLY person that tagged me, that was very appreciated (lol, I expected at least 2, but yours was guaranted anyway :) ).

And second, I unfortunately didn't had my headphones at my college so when I watched it, I only watched the image and had the sound muted. But I did noticed how very close the hammer was to the one of Paper Mario and I should do research to know if that hammer (the same design) is only in Paper Mario because I know that there's plenties of hammers in the mario spectrum, but I know there's different one too. I will give my takes on it after I rewatched the direct with sounds, but I was happy to see that, just didn't overhype because it was just a nice and neat reference, not a big changes.

So far, my impressions are:
  • I wasn't overhyping the idea of tloz mm remake, but happening is now another thing. I did played this game on VC and I loved it even though there was some part I didn't like, but the game itself is really an art of how to reflect so well the state of depression and hopeless. I just cannot wait to hear final hours with the oot3d engine (I think it's clear that the engine is at least based on it). Little details, THANK GOD THE TEXT FONT IS SO READABLE! I have severe myopia and I can tell you, this is a lot better than the original. I really enjoy this. Other details like the new clock and some enemies render were very interesting and it would practically worth to buy this remake. This is btw another proof that they really start to listen to public interest and I love that.
  • STEAM is by IS and really, it sounds different. I mean I just looked at the visuals and I think this shows how IS can be very diverse. Interesting for a company mostly known as an enginering company, yes it does lots of dev kit. Though, it's definetely not the game I'll play, but it's nice to see diversity.
  • Ok all the amiibo stuff, still not convinced of their uses so far. In smash, I really don't seem to see the point for me and in mk8, I see even less the point. The only thing that would make me change ideas is if G&W is used elsewhere than smash too and having a Paper Mario one used in any game OR smash alone (which is obvious because of what it would imply :) ).
  • Speaking of mk8, I do like the DLC, but I don't think I'm going to play enough to enjoy the price despite being low. Maybe with the digital promotion.
  • Finally we can buy with PC or mobile because really, it might be even simplier for me. Mostly will use the PC though, but I'm a digital guy so, yu guess that it's good for me.
  • I just don't care enough to pay a full game for captain toad. Unless it's not 60$ and even then, I;m not sure if I'll like the game anyway. This is the kind of game I can suck a lot.
  • Duck hunt trailer now makes sense to NOT have been earlier because they didn't revealed the stage prior, but now, we should know what to expect in global direct. My comments are lol on that emphasis on the laugh, the nes sprite and finally, gosh I love him in HD despite not being used to him (and may never want to). The stage is good though, but this leaves us in suspense...where's the 3ds stage alternative? DLC?
  • Ok, that bit trip trophy just mind blowned me. To push the repping so far to rep INDIE? I respect a lot indie games but that is another thing. They were clearly not lying when they said they want to support more third party by their first party. Really, I love where this is going...
  • Speaking on that, yes I sort of got crazy when I saw the hammers on monster hunter but tbh with you, this went out with the fact that THEY ARE SO FREAKING FUNNY TO LOOK! I;m serious I said "the heck?". No further comments.
  • kirby = I don't care.
  • Everything pikmin = I don't care (fun fact, I got pikmin 3 with the wind waker hd offer and I still haven't played it...lol).
  • Need to get filled on that flipnote with pikmin??? again, sound muted.
  • xenoblade = I don't care (there's a lot of stuff I don't care even thoutgh I'm aware of their popularity, I'm just very picky in life :) )
  • splatton = I'm not sure if I care, but I think I won't...
  • nes remix = not touching this. I bought the first and it wasn't as enjoyable as I thought so, 3ds = care even less (how can I see with that screen if I have trouble with smb1 on 3ds vc?)
That pretty much sums it all. Will rewatch and tell my impression on Paper Mario because I think it means nothing for a WiiU game except that if it is in dev, not going to be this year and not Q1 2015. I still think it can happen because this is actually normal if I check previous releases dates. As for that monster hunter reference...not sure, will check.
I tagged you, albeit for a different reason.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
And the trait works it magic once more.
We got normal Bandana Dee as P1,
Bandana Green as P2,
And Bandana Yellow as P3.
R.I.P. Bandana Teal, last seen in the Promo Artwork back at E3 2014.

If you wanna be more specific, move the numbers down one and make Kirby P1.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
And now I have turned Olimar into a horror movie antagonist.

Why did Halloween have to finish last week...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
What about mine with Spider-Man?
I was just listing off the ones that come up very often/any that I've noticed.
I guess I could say @FalKoopa : Always a yellow haired anime/manga girl
and @ Space Stranger Space Stranger : Always creepy Woody.
But I dunno, the ones I listed in my first comment are just the ones that I notice most.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I was just listing off the ones that come up very often/any that I've noticed.
I guess I could say @FalKoopa : Always a yellow haired anime/manga girl
and @ Space Stranger Space Stranger : Always creepy Woody.
But I dunno, the ones I listed in my first comment are just the ones that I notice most.
You know it!

See you in your dreams...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah.

And I know what a Pikpik carrot is. :p

I've played Pikmin 2 after all.
Good ol' misunderstanding from the Pikmin about what he just ate. :laugh:

I love the idea of episodes of nothing but Pikmin adventures, full of silliness. They're pretty much perfect for it.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
She's from a video game actually.
His current one? Hm. Well, I'm more talking about the design, and less the origin. There's a reason that I said "I guess" instead of just stating it outright.
So, Cliff *takes a seat* how is it that you're a girl now?
He was so surprised that Krystal wasn't DLC that he underwent spontaneous sex change surgery and became a girl.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Meanwhile, I will be tagging yours truly. @ Frostwraith Frostwraith

In @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 's logic regarding tags, I must be a pretty arrogant guy.

And now I have turned Olimar into a horror movie antagonist.

Why did Halloween have to finish last week...
Still looks cute to me. :p

Also, @ Blargg888 Blargg888 , what would call my unique trait? I'm quite curious about your impressions of myself.

Ye dang went pranked thrice now, nonsense son.
Hi, girl.

Welcome to the social thread.

Your new identity is quite the drastic turn, is it not? The pains you must have gone through, but your sheer will made you overcome any obstacles!

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
His current one? Hm. Well, I'm more talking about the design, and less the origin. There's a reason that I said "I guess" instead of just stating it outright.

He was so surprised that Krystal wasn't DLC that he underwent spontaneous sex change surgery and became a girl.
Yep, Marisa Kirisame from the Touhou game series. It's pretty much a 2D shooter filled with cute girls.

Themandme

Smash Ace
NNID
shadowthehegehog
3DS FC
3222-5798-4330
Meanwhile, I will be tagging yours truly. @ Frostwraith Frostwraith

In @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 's logic regarding tags, I must be a pretty arrogant guy.

Still looks cute to me. :p

Also, @ Blargg888 Blargg888 , what would call my unique trait? I'm quite curious about your impressions of myself.

Hi, girl.

Welcome to the social thread.

Your new identity is quite the drastic turn, is it not? The pains you must have gone through, but your sheer will made you overcome any obstacles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom