• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0Y

Smash Master
Anyone else plan to play with a Wii Classic Controller? Talking about the original with the analog triggers, terrible bumper buttons, and no handles.

It will be GLORIOUS! Don't want to break my gamepad and the battery is awful.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I know what stages I'm going to pick a lot on the Wii U version:
Skyloft
Temple
Coliseum
Palutena's Temple

Why, you may ask? The music. All of the glorious music.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
On the topic of Stages;
I like 75m.
*walks away slowly*

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Since you're apparently an expert on headgear (I shall dub you the hat czar) what mode is the best for getting it?
Not an expert. Just spent a lot of time trying to get them. I rotated between Smash Run, Classic, and Trophy Rush. If you only went after the custom bags (wrench symbol) in Smash Run, you collect at most 6 bags in one run. That takes about 6 to 7 minutes. On Classic I stuck with 6.0 because I could consistently win with that and not worry about losing anything. It takes about 15 minutes to finish with the "Home" cheat to check for Wrenches. Go for the most number and on average I may get around 10-15 per run. On Trophy Rush, I can get 5 at most if I use Donkey Kong's down B and not get KOed by avoiding the electric ball and knocking explosives out on a 2.5 minute rush. Usually get between 3 and 4 though.

So twice through Smash Run is about 14 minutes with 6-12 bags.
Once through Classic around 15 minutes 6-16 customs depending on how lucky you are with number of customs. Sometimes a stage doesn't even have customs.
Trophy Rush six times would be around 15 minutes (not counting loading time and idle times) with 12-30 customs. Costs lots of coins though.

Most of my last ones were unlocked through Trophy Rush by luck while taking breaks from Classic and Smash Run. I just switch between them all whenever I get bored with one of them.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Anyone here able to help me with a problem I've got? I want to start a Let's Play channel on YouTube soon, and I have the Capture Card, PC, Mic and games in mind to start it. Only problem is the software for editing. I looked at both Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere and nearly died at the price. I've already spent hundreds on the stuff above, that's just ridiculous they charge so much, I know they started years ago, but surely all the other famous LPers didn't have to spend over £1000 to start. I want my videos to be quality, but with Uni and all the games I want to buy soon, I can't spend £500 on either of them. Are there any cheap alternatives or should I buy one of them assured that they're worth the price? Help would be really appreciated!:)

Last edited:

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
Not an expert. Just spent a lot of time trying to get them. I rotated between Smash Run, Classic, and Trophy Rush. If you only went after the custom bags (wrench symbol) in Smash Run, you collect at most 6 bags in one run. That takes about 6 to 7 minutes. On Classic I stuck with 6.0 because I could consistently win with that and not worry about losing anything. It takes about 15 minutes to finish with the "Home" cheat to check for Wrenches. Go for the most number and on average I may get around 10-15 per run. On Trophy Rush, I can get 5 at most if I use Donkey Kong's down B and not get KOed by avoiding the electric ball and knocking explosives out on a 2.5 minute rush. Usually get between 3 and 4 though.

So twice through Smash Run is about 14 minutes with 6-12 bags.
Once through Classic around 15 minutes 6-16 customs depending on how lucky you are with number of customs. Sometimes a stage doesn't even have customs.
Trophy Rush six times would be around 15 minutes (not counting loading time and idle times) with 12-30 customs. Costs lots of coins though.

Most of my last ones were unlocked through Trophy Rush by luck while taking breaks from Classic and Smash Run. I just switch between them all whenever I get bored with one of them.
Does playing as Miis increase the chance of getting hats?

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
So, when do you guys think we'll get the Smash Wii U demo, if at all? And will it be the same as the 3DS demo?

Also: casual free-for-all, time or stock?

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Status blow, more like. >.>

I enjoy the regular level themes a lot more. The buttrock's catchy, but that's all it is. It's junkfood to me.
Its also good climax music. Adventure 2 wouldnt be the same if it didnt end with Live and Learn blasting in the background. But eh, different tastes I guess. I still like regular Sonic music a lot.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
TJ. You can do anything when you reach for the stars. It doesn't matter that they throw it away. Can't you feel the sunshine? Open your heart, follow me, and they'll work it out.
What am I? A Sonic Hero? You can't tell me what to do. I will live and learn. I am who I AM.

I am...

ALL OF ME!

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I'm playing FF Tactics for the first real time and...

"It's not your fault. But I'll keep blaming you until there's a change!"

I think I just found the internet's role-model. :laugh:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I like the zone themes 10x more in sonic but only because most of the time either I find them more catchy or I like them for the lack of lyrics.

Would be really surprised if City Escape isn't in this one.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Anyone here able to help me with a problem I've got? I want to start a Let's Play channel on YouTube soon, and I have the Capture Card, PC, Mic and games in mind to start it. Only problem is the software for editing. I looked at both Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere and nearly died at the price. I've already spent hundreds on the stuff above, that's just ridiculous they charge so much, I know they started years ago, but surely all the other famous LPers didn't have to spend over £1000 to start. I want my videos to be quality, but with Uni and all the games I want to buy soon, I can't spend £500 on either of them. Are there any cheap alternatives or should I buy one of them assured that they're worth the price? Help would be really appreciated!:)
Windows Movie Maker?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know there's something ironic if Obito Uchicha shows his face on the **** Yeah Controversial Characters blog on the SAME week that Naruto has its last few chapters. I'm the only fan that laughed out loud after realizing that, though I can see a few people here and there defend him. :troll:

If anything, Kaguya (aka The Giant Space Woman Out of Nowhere) was a worse Naruto villain than him. Hell, she literally has no fans and every Naruto fan had labelled her as an Ass Pull that was made to stretch the finale even longer.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know there's something ironic if Obito Uchicha shows his face on the **** Yeah Controversial Characters blog on the SAME week that Naruto has its last few chapters. I'm the only fan that laughed out loud after realizing that, though I can see a few people here and there defend him. :troll:

If anything, Kaguya (aka The Giant Space Woman Out of Nowhere) was a worse Naruto villain than him. Hell, she literally has no fans and every Naruto fan had labelled her as an *** Pull that was made to stretch the finale even longer.
Isn't Obito the Tobi guy? Or am I thinking of something else?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Isn't Obito the Tobi guy? Or am I thinking of something else?
Yes, Obito was the Tobi guy all along. It was all a goofy act and disguise that was done for the sake of hiding his true identity. There were a huge minority that considered this an Ass Pull (or "out of nowhere" shark jumping) moment.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Windows Movie Maker?
Yeah I've got that and tried to get to grips with it, but I didn't feel like I was providing quality nor was it what I was expecting. If that's the only alternative I'll get to grips with it and I'll get one of the others when I win the lottery. Thanks for the help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom