• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Long time no see Sehn! How's life been treating (or tricking) you?
I've been going through the process of application for the Canadian Coast Guard College. I've been studying for the first half of October for an aptitude exam, hence why my presence here dwindled. I passed the test two weeks past, so now I'm on standby for the next phases of the application process (language proficiency, interview, etc.), which should unfold over November. If I get in, the course I'm gunning for would start in January.

I've also been doing some writing in the meanwhile, contributing to the SWF Writer's Lounge (join today!) as well as making progress in my own projects. "Love ladies, be productive", as many a rapper has rapped in the storied history of that proud musical tradition.

But even if I've been shrouded, I haven't stopped watching this place.

I am always watching.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I've been going through the process of application for the Canadian Coast Guard College. I've been studying for the first half of October for an aptitude exam, hence why my presence here dwindled. I passed the test two weeks past, so now I'm on standby for the next phases of the application process (language proficiency, interview, etc.), which should unfold over November. If I get in, the course I'm gunning for would start in January.

I've also been doing some writing in the meanwhile, contributing to the SWF Writer's Lounge (join today!) as well as making progress in my own projects. "Love ladies, be productive", as many a rapper has rapped in the storied history of that proud musical tradition.

But even if I've been shrouded, I haven't stopped watching this place.

I am always watching.
Nice. RL before Smash, that's what I always say.

Right, the SWF Writer's Lounge... It's been a while since I've been there. Mainly because school's got me busy, so when I get the chance, I'm usually out here in the general forums discussing SSB4.

But don't worry, we never doubted your all seeing eye. :laugh:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Talk about Okami? Definitely one of my favourite games of all time. I'd recommend it anyone without hesitation, cause you're bound to love it. Didn't really love Okamiden, played through most of it but it didn't quite reach the same very high standards that Okami set down. My favourite adventure game that doesn't have "The Legend of Zelda" in its name.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

I will cry manly tears if this track manages to be in Smash Wii U in one of the Pokémon stages.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Meanwhile on the other side of the spectrum, Gaijin Gooma explains why females in video games are oversexualized and how Japan overall views sexuality. In a subject like this, it's best to not expect any Japanese gaming developer to have "non-sexist" designs for ALL female characters (*cough* *cough* Tecmo Koei *cough*). Then again, I tend to avoid the subject of feminism like the plague.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Should probably say some people might take offense to those pictures. Or at the very least, the first one. What with the blackface and all.
My friend you still needs to study the art of "BR" ,saci perere old myth made to celebrate on the same day of the halloween (to combat the american myths),made in BRazil a little black kid with one leg smoking a pipe use to mess with the other people lives,red hat where he host his magical powers,didn't understand,well me too.

Famous on the BRazilian media on the comic books "turma do perere" and on the kids show "yellow ranch farm":
turma do perere appearance:

His theme on the show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvAxcy1pNkA

And his first appearance on the media,with english captions to you enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hW77NwN9vc

HUEBRBRBRHUEBRBRBR

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Nice. RL before Smash, that's what I always say.

Right, the SWF Writer's Lounge... It's been a while since I've been there. Mainly because school's got me busy, so when I get the chance, I'm usually out here in the general forums discussing SSB4.

But don't worry, we never doubted your all seeing eye. :laugh:
RL sux lol.

The Lounge is as inactive as ever. I might have done a NanoWrimo thread, since it's that time of year, but there's no one around.

I put up samples of my own writing up there, recently. When you have the time, perhaps you'd like to be entertained by the words of The Master. I have two (technically three) horror-genre excerpts over there, so 'tis in the spirit of the season. *winkwinknudgenudge*

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My friend you still needs to study the art of "BR" ,saci perere old myth made to celebrate on the same day of the halloween (to combat the american myths),made in BRazil a little black kid with one leg smoking a pipe use to mess with the other people lives,red hat where he host his magical powers,didn't understand,well me too.

Famous on the BRazilian media on the comic books "turma do perere" and on the kids show "yellow ranch farm":
turma do perere appearance:

His theme on the show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvAxcy1pNkA

And his first appearance on the media,with english captions to you enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hW77NwN9vc

HUEBRBRBRHUEBRBRBR
That sounds kinda racist

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Meanwhile, Pokemon has now wavedashing :

And Ganondorf skipped his leg day :

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
RL sux lol.

The Lounge is as inactive as ever. I might have done a NanoWrimo thread, since it's that time of year, but there's no one around.

I put up samples of my own writing up there, recently. When you have the time, perhaps you'd like to be entertained by the words of The Master. I have two (technically three) horror-genre excerpts over there, so 'tis in the spirit of the season. *winkwinknudgenudge*
I'll be sure to check it out after I get done watching Doctor Who. :upsidedown:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Meanwhile on the other side of the spectrum, Gaijin Gooma explains why females in video games are oversexualized and how Japan overall views sexuality. In a subject like this, it's best to not expect any Japanese gaming developer to have "non-sexist" designs for ALL female characters (*cough* *cough* Tecmo Koei *cough*). Then again, I tend to avoid the subject of feminism like the plague.
Interesting video, but nothing really new for me.

There are big cultural differences between the West and Japan. Gaijin Goomba is completely right when he says that something that is morally seen as correct in one place or culture, may not be so in another, being potentially offensive.

I remember when I had philosophy classes where we talked about subjectivity and used cultural differences as examples of subjective viewpoints.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
At this point I just want Peter, Miguel, and Miles to save the day by doing a Triple Shoryuken. It'll be hype trust me. Also, I do find it ironic that Gwen is practically going to stay alive. Though I wish they had a better name for her book than "Spider-Gwen". Could have tried a little harder in that regard.

Personally, outside of the main 3(Peter Parker, 2099, and Ultimate)I want Kaine and Noir Spider-Man to survive.
Though not sure at 100%, I think Noir Peter most likely will survive. If I remember right, there was a tweet that his inclusion is to try to revive Spider-Man Noir. Besides, there was the Felicia getting his blood cliffhanger in the first Edge of Spider-Verse issue.

Kaine... I'm not so sure, it was said he's important as having the same powers as when Peter killed Morlun, but in ASM #9 preview, he looks unconscious.

And I must admit, I'm taking a like to Spider-UK, so I hope he gets fine. Also another one I'm sure will survive is the Peter from the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon (seriously, he's set to appear).

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Talk about Okami? Definitely one of my favourite games of all time. I'd recommend it anyone without hesitation, cause you're bound to love it. Didn't really love Okamiden, played through most of it but it didn't quite reach the same very high standards that Okami set down. My favourite adventure game that doesn't have "The Legend of Zelda" in its name.
Totally agree! What I loved about Okami is that I knew some Japanese folklore and mythological creatures before going in, like the tongue-cut sparrow for example. Playing Okami and seeing such things come alive (although some things have been subverted) made the game a lot more interesting for me (not saying you need to know certain myths being going in. The experience is awesome either way). I really like the ghost ship part, as I was seriously freaked out (I think due to things popping up and that hand... *shudders*). Oki x Kai my OTP I ship those two so hard. :laugh:

*sigh* I guess Okami will forever remain a cult classic...

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I though the lounge was preimum only
Myself and Mask were discussing the SWF Writer's Lounge -- the Social Group that I (and @Radical Beam) co-founded, serving as the one-stop shop for all things writing.

If you or anyone else has any interest in writing, let me know, as I can send invites.

I think Premium members have access to a Premium-only section known as the Disco Room. You should probably ask anyone other than @Rocket Raccoon if you want to know more about that.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hello friends
I am here
My Aunt lent me Melee to borrow
I unlocked 2 Past Stages (and Mushroom Kingdom II), and everybody except Mewtwo and Game & Watch.
I'm currently letting the game sit for the time needed to get TwoMew or until I feel like playing Melee some more.
Thank god I have 2 Controllers. :3

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Totally agree! What I loved about Okami is that I knew some Japanese folklore and mythological creatures before going in, like the tongue-cut sparrow for example. Playing Okami and seeing such things come alive (although some things have been subverted) made the game a lot more interesting for me (not saying you need to know certain myths being going in. The experience is awesome either way). I really like the ghost ship part, as I was seriously freaked out (I think due to things popping up and that hand... *shudders*). Oki x Kai my OTP I ship those two so hard. :laugh:

*sigh* I guess Okami will forever remain a cult classic...
Yeah Okami will always have those who hold it in very high esteem. The true test is that I played it on the Wii, with a debatable control system, yet even that didn't stop me loving it. There was a HD remake released on the PS3 which I'd love to play as well, it's a testament considering it was originally only made for the PS2 with not much else planned for it, it was the fans of the game that saw it become a success and led to those remakes. I love Chuggaconroy's LP of it as well, it got loads of views as well, but it's a game that needs to be played in order to get the full experience. Am my for Smash 5! :)

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I live in a country that doesn't celebrate halloween, so I couldn't care less about it.

On the other hand, it also gives me a perfect excuse to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas over and over.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Myself and Mask were discussing the SWF Writer's Lounge -- the Social Group that I (and @Radical Beam) co-founded, serving as the one-stop shop for all things writing.

If you or anyone else has any interest in writing, let me know, as I can send invites.

I think Premium members have access to a Premium-only section known as the Disco Room. You should probably ask anyone other than @Rocket Raccoon if you want to know more about that.
Hmmm, I did have a passing interest in writing, mostly forum-based RPG's, but nothing serious. Im also not huge into books so I'l probably stick out like a sore thumb, eh.

dat Raccoon dis tho

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Though not sure at 100%, I think Noir Peter most likely will survive. If I remember right, there was a tweet that his inclusion is to try to revive Spider-Man Noir. Besides, there was the Felicia getting his blood cliffhanger in the first Edge of Spider-Verse issue.

Kaine... I'm not so sure, it was said he's important as having the same powers as when Peter killed Morlun, but in ASM #9 preview, he looks unconscious.

And I must admit, I'm taking a like to Spider-UK, so I hope he gets fine. Also another one I'm sure will survive is the Peter from the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon (seriously, he's set to appear).
Yeah I heard about that Ultimate Spider-Man showing up. Seems like an alright idea. The show's third season has been better than the last two, that's for sure. I also heard 60's Spider-Man is gonna show up. He better be OP as hell.

That said, Spider-Man Unlimited and the Amazing Friends Spider-Man were taken out. But those were the only versions that died that I cared about. The rest of the Spider-Men/Spider-Women that died aren't ones that I'm a huge fan of.

Pretty sure the movie Spider-Men can't show up for certain reasons though.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
All this spodermen talk reminds me to play Shattered Dimensions. I bought it when it was on the crazy Xbox sale before it all was taken down and it ended up on my backlog.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Yeah I heard about that Ultimate Spider-Man showing up. Seems like an alright idea. The show's third season has been better than the last two, that's for sure. I also heard 60's Spider-Man is gonna show up. He better be OP as hell.

That said, Spider-Man Unlimited and the Amazing Friends Spider-Man were taken out. But those were the only versions that died that I cared about. The rest of the Spider-Men/Spider-Women that died aren't ones that I'm a huge fan of.

Pretty sure the movie Spider-Men can't show up for certain reasons though.
2nd issue of Spider-Verse Team Up will be about Miles and TV Ultimate Peter teaming up to save 60's from Morlun. I'm sure if he gets to kill him, he'll blow up from so much awesomeness absorbed. The 2nd most OP is japanese Spider-Man with his robot.

Well, those are actually alternate versions of the cartoon characters, so in a sensse, they're still alive yet dead.

Sony still has their rights, so they won't.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
All this spodermen talk reminds me to play Shattered Dimensions. I bought it when it was on the crazy Xbox sale before it all was taken down and it ended up on my backlog.
You should play it. It's a pretty fun 3-D beat em' up. I think it's one of the better Spider-Man games. But personal Favorite would be the Ultimate Spider-Man game on PS2 and GameCube.

2nd issue of Spider-Verse Team Up will be about Miles and TV Ultimate Peter teaming up to save 60's from Morlun. I'm sure if he gets to kill him, he'll blow up from so much awesomeness absorbed. The 2nd most OP is japanese Spider-Man with his robot.

Well, those are actually alternate versions of the cartoon characters, so in a sensse, they're still alive yet dead.

Sony still has their rights, so they won't.
Yeah, I think there's at least 2 versions of the 90's Spider-Man. I want the 70's Kamen Rider Spider-Man to show up too. With the Motorcycle and Robot to boot. I think 60's might be fine, if only for his OP theme song wrecking some **** up.

Of course, the best Spider-Man is the OG one. Too bad we can't have Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield team up and/or fight to the death.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I live in a country that doesn't celebrate halloween, so I couldn't care less about it.

On the other hand, it also gives me a perfect excuse to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas over and over.
Cybertron sounds boring. :troll:

I plan on watching Toy Story of Terror! Then proceed to place my Revoltech Woody in odd positions.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You guys are lamenting that your country doesn't celebrate Halloween...
And I'm sitting here voluntarily not celebrating Halloween.
My options are:

A) Go trick-or-treating (childish)
B) Go to an adult costume party (gross)
C) Stay home

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Thanks I guess? Holloween last its charm for me. Im 20 and all I wanna do is stay inside in the warmth and play Mario Kart and Fantacy Life
If you eat a crap ton of candy while doing so, you'll still be in the holiday spirit I suppose. So there's that to forward to.

Cybertron sounds boring. :troll:

I plan on watching Toy Story of Terror! Then proceed to place my Revoltech Woody in odd positions.
What, no secret incantation to bring it to life? You gotta make it really spooky. Spookier than before.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I never understoond the appeal of Halloween, but maybe that's because I'm Dutch and we don't really celebrate it here.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If you eat a crap ton of candy while doing so, you'll still be in the holiday spirit I suppose. So there's that to forward to.

What, no secret incantation to bring it to life? You gotta make it really spooky. Spookier than before.
Cant eat a crap ton of candy, I already had fillings XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom