• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Just out of curiosity, do any of you guys collect anything?
Out of everything that I collect, I'm probably more passionate about Pokemon cards (wow I sound like a nerd). Been collecting since they first came out. Although now it seems like I'm more serious. My fave cards are my Base 2 Raichu, Entei & Raikou Legend, and a shadowless Magikarp for the lulz. =P Now, I just need that shadowless Gyarados >.>

My fave illustrator is probably Kagemaru Himeno. She is known for her water colour illustrations in the early card sets, and later on she moved to digital art. Even then, she has a nice, unique art style that could be immediately recognized. Some of my fave cards I have that feature her works (I want to collect of of her cards lol):

I love her watercolour works, some of them are quite vivid and pretty.

^ Pretty sunset, nice shadow and highlights on the clouds, cute Misdreavus, what's not to love?

^ I knew as soon as I saw this card I wanted to purchase it. I love the background with the red roses and ribbons, and I do like Reshiram in general. It's also nice to see Reshiram smiling a little, kinda adorable.

If you'd like to check out another illustrator with a distinct style, there's Tomokazu Komiya. Some of his works could be describe as "grotesque" but by all mean that doesn't mean the art is bad... some pics are just hilarious. Well, except this thing almost gave me nightmares:

He's into primitivism, which makes sense that he has a childlike, distorted artstyle.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ninja turtles has just come out of the closet...

...By announcing that bebop and Rocksteady ARE coming back

and showed off the toy figures of them
I've misread that as the Ninja Turtles being gay while Bebop and Rocksteady were back to see their wedding cake figures. :laugh:

But it's good to hear that our favorite rhino and pig punks are back after the cancellation of the 80's show.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

If you watched the show you can guess who is mutated into them

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Out of everything that I collect, I'm probably more passionate about Pokemon cards (wow I sound like a nerd). Been collecting since they first came out. Although now it seems like I'm more serious. My fave cards are my Base 2 Raichu, Entei & Raikou Legend, and a shadowless Magikarp for the lulz. =P Now, I just need that shadowless Gyarados >.>

My fave illustrator is probably Kagemaru Himeno. She is known for her water colour illustrations in the early card sets, and later on she moved to digital art. Even then, she has a nice, unique art style that could be immediately recognized. Some of my fave cards I have that feature her works (I want to collect of of her cards lol):

I love her watercolour works, some of them are quite vivid and pretty.

^ Pretty sunset, nice shadow and highlights on the clouds, cute Misdreavus, what's not to love?

^ I knew as soon as I saw this card I wanted to purchase it. I love the background with the red roses and ribbons, and I do like Reshiram in general. It's also nice to see Reshiram smiling a little, kinda adorable.

If you'd like to check out another illustrator with a distinct style, there's Tomokazu Komiya. Some of his works could be describe as "grotesque" but by all mean that doesn't mean the art is bad... some pics are just hilarious. Well, except this thing almost gave me nightmares:

He's into primitivism, which makes sense that he has a childlike, distorted artstyle.
The varying art styles that come with certain Pokemon cards are very well done.

It's okay, I geek out over variants of Toy Story figures. I even made a thread dedicated to variants, prototypes, and the like on another forum.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I hate to say it but the guy does it to himself in a lot of ways. His work ethic is borderline insane even for an industry where work ethics typically are eccentric. He should definitely split up the work more if and when he makes another Smash game.
I think in japan work is serious stuff. I do believe that sometimes it is all or nothing over there. Not to mention they dont get paid for overtime

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
NO!
NONONO!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
NEVER AGAIN!
Silly ol' bear.
IT BEGINS

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I like to collect Mario stuff. Like Mario plushies are my favorites but anything Mario related is great to me. I wanna get those DC Justice League action figures, though. I have some super hero stuff here and there.

Soul.

The New 3DS is successful in Japan. Apparently it surpassed the DSi in sales. That's a good thing.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I like to collect Mario stuff. Like Mario plushies are my favorites but anything Mario related is great to me. I wanna get those DC Justice League action figures, though. I have some super hero stuff here and there.
I'd do that if I had money. Along some Disney and Marvel goodies and Nendoroids/Figmas.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
The New 3DS is successful in Japan. Apparently it surpassed the DSi in sales. That's a good thing.
I don't care for Ice Climbers, but it would be cool if they made an appearance on the New3DS and Wii U, even though that's borderline unfair to old 3DS users. So I'm leaning towards that not happening.

R0Y

Smash Master
I dunno, I'd be kind of mad if I spent a lot of money on a New 3DS only for the successor to come out just over a year or two later, and that's a realistic scenario especially outside of Japan and Australia. Also continuing to sell old 3DS units to the rest of the world with them being so similar to the average consumer is shady as hell.

EDIT: I should say I'm a bit of an early adopter by nature though.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Just to complete the Mami's Death Thread:

Here's how I felt about that.
*Watching Madoka ep. 3*
*Mami starts speaking about how happy she is, and getting sorta overconfident*
Me: She's gonna die isn't she.
*Mami begins to fight the witch*
Me: Okay.
*Mami squeezes the Witch's body*
Me: What the heck is that? Wait, What? WHAT. WHAT. WHAT! WHAT! WHAT!?!?!?
Me: I WAS EXPECTING IT BUT IT STILL CAUGHT ME OFF GUARD.

AND THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm actually wanting to upgrade my OG 3DS back from 2011 to a New 3DS.

Reasons:
- My Circle Pad is broken. (I think, or at least hope, the more recent 3DS's have Circle Pads made of sturdier stuff...)
- Better specs should make loading times faster. Not a bad thing at all.
- Second stick will be very handy in Smash.
- Xenoblade Chronicles being released as an exclusive.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Now we just wait for Flipnote 3D
It's been 2 Years
The Flipnote Gallery Servers can't be overflooded by NOW, right?

...right?​

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I honestly don't care for New 3DS.

Xenoblade, though expensive, is still for Wii; I didn't use Flipnote that much either.

Besides, I'm kind of poor.

Soul.

I don't care for Ice Climbers, but it would be cool if they made an appearance on the New3DS and Wii U, even though that's borderline unfair to old 3DS users. So I'm leaning towards that not happening.
I don't care about them either. Making them work on the New 3DS is the least thing they can do.
I dunno, I'd be kind of mad if I spent a lot of money on a New 3DS only for the successor to come out just over a year or two later, and that's a realistic scenario especially outside of Japan and Australia. Also continuing to sell old 3DS units to the rest of the world with them being so similar to the average consumer is shady as hell.

EDIT: I should say I'm a bit of an early adopter by nature though.
You really don't need to buy the New 3DS. It's most likely the last upgraded version of the 3DS, with the successor being announced in like 2015 or so. You could wait for the successor to be released instead of buying the New 3DS.
Now we just wait for Flipnote 3D
It's been 2 Years
The Flipnote Gallery Servers can't be overflooded by NOW, right?

...right?​
lol Flipnote 3D. Swapnote is the reason why it doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom