• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
Funnily enough I had an add for these Shrek shorts play on youtube when I was watching the Smash direct earlier. Since I was extremely tired It took my a second to realise it was an ad and wasn't an announcement trailer for Shrek in Smash.

I was very disappointed.

Since Bayonetta might be too intense for an E+10 audience, this will be the best alternative option to make her more kid friendly. :troll:
Still not as good as Bayonet-Whaaaaa

SmashXX

Smash Cadet
Has anyone the noticed the CPU's behavior in Training Mode when it's action is set to "Run" and "Attack"?
It crouches a lot as if trying to communicate with you if you do nothing and stand still, the same way humans
in Brawl's online communicated. It will mostly do it when set to "Run" since it waits for you to chase it (it may
also attack you when you chase it and will punish you sometimes when your attacks or grabs miss) and if you
just stand there it'll start crouching repeatedly as if saying "c'mon man let's go", when set to "Attack" it'll do it
less since it'll go to you.

I think it's funny how they made it behave this way to get your attention. By the way, the CPU's level was 9
and I haven't tried testing it with lower levels.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I finally made it to 25 hours of Smash. It's sitting at 25:00 right now, so I'm exactly halfway with the 50 hour challenge. Still have 6 headgears for my other challenge. It seems like I only get new headgears when I do Classic at 9.0, but then when I do, I lose it. I'm hoping to eventually get one in Smash Run...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Found this in someone's signature.
This is funnier to me then it should be. :4tlink:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Speaking of time, today I just realized that the last Smash Run power I need is Level 2 Shinespark. Of which I can only get through that 10-hour challenge.
Fun.

D

Deleted member

Is the idea of a web-based eShop good?

And yeah I'm aware this has been implemented on Nintendo.com's Games page.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Surprisingly, Google Imaging "confused black girl smash ball" didn't have any results like this, so I thought I'd make this to remedy that. Having a giggle now.

R0Y

Smash Master
Found this in someone's signature.
This is funnier to me then it should be. :4tlink:
Lol, goes against western ethics of generally not telling a girl to wear more clothing though so I dunno. Like Link would want her covered up...

Palutena would just ignore him, snatch the Wind Waker, and seductively say "ready when you are."

Zelda would murder him in his sleep.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Can anyone recommend a good story-driven game that's not an FPS?
Could you mention systems you own since we could recommend games blindly and then you'll say: *in a goofy, derpy voice* "Oh, but I don't have *insert system here*".

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
PC
PS3
Wii
WiiU
3DS
What is and isn't a good story is subjective.
Even the game I would recommend to you (if you haven't played it), The Last of Us, has some divided opinions on it's story.
I however find it incredible. Well, the characters themselves are more astounding for me than how the story flows/makes logical sense/works.
And it's technically not a FPS! So it definitely fits all your criteria.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I thought 3's story was pretty bad
I didn't even know there was a story until Reach. Every game before that I had skipped every single cutscene. Then I found out there's a super deep and complicated lore and backstory to the series of which 90% is covered outside of the games. I know most of it now.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
PC
PS3
Wii
WiiU
3DS
3 per system when I should be reading a novel... That I read before once.

PC (anything that isn't on it will be here, so Mass Effect for example won't be listed on PS3):

Mafia 2 (PC, PS3, and Xbox 360): Do you like Italian mobster films? Do you like darker stories? Well, here you go since Mafia 2 isn't a game where the gangsters become all rich and suffer little, no, there's a lot of suffering and messed up lives. It's not like GTA where pretty much everyone leaves scot-free or Saints Row where ridiculous shenanigans occur. This is what will probably happen if you joined a gang. Have fun.

Spec Ops: The Line (PC, PS3, and Xbox 360). Imagine Heart of Darkness or Apocalypse Now but as a video game and here you go. It's dark, disturbing, and will make you question why wars are waged and why games with so much carnage is beloved. Just as the writer said, you could just stop playing or never played and none of this will happen.

Bastion (PC & Xbox 360)/Transistor (PC & PS4) - this counts as 2. Basically, they're good games with great soundtracks. I never played them, but I own Bastion - just need to play the other games in my backlog -, but people say amazing things about Bastion and Transistor. In short, I think both games involve a conspiracy which spurs the protagonists to action. Oh, and Red is a beautiful, well, redhead. Embarrass

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PC, PS3, and Xbox 360). Something about searching about a lost father and brotherhood. You're probably going to need a gamepad since it uses the analog sticks to control the brothers. It's a puzzler so don't expect a ton of action.

A Bard's Tale (2004) (PC, PS2, and Xbox). This is a hilarious game that I didn't realize since I was a stupid kid who left the game like after 10 minutes. It's a deconstruction of a hero's tale where the hero is an ass to say the least and he's not considered the hero despite everything he does from saving villages, killing monsters, and finding random stuff for people - yes, this game lampshades on why heroes have to do menial fetch quests. The narrator, of course, is another jerk who's a jerk to the jerk hero.

PS3 (including PS2/PSone remasters and such): Lots of people say The Last of Us so...

Suikoden (PSone). I don't remember if the first is on PS3 or the second through Playstation Network, but nevertheless, it's a fantastic RPG series from yore. It is, however, difficult since it's an old game that probably still works with trial and error and oh, there's a timed series of events that you should only do when you're very experienced with the game. It's entirely optional, but it gives back story of 1 of 108 characters since Suikoden is based on a Chinese classic: Shui Hu Zhuan or Water Margin by Shi Nai'an.

inFAMOUS 1 & 2 or Cole's Saga (PS3). Basically a superhero game, but more of a deconstruction since it shows the harsh realities of being a superhero.

Red Dead Redemption (PS3). Your classic western made into a game. It was never released for PC despite people asking for it, but whatever. It's a great game if you want to live that western life, but it's less Hollywood and action-y and more like a darker western.

Wii (Treating this as a Gamecube as well):

Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii; re-released on the PS Vita as Muramasa: Rebirth). It's not entirely story-heavy, but the game's story involves two protagonists whose stories are intertwined later on since it has multiple endings. I only watched the first endings, so I don't know much. It's a fun hack 'n' slash with beautiful environments that make it look like a Japanese water painting.

Pandora's Tower (Wii). Multiple endings and it's similar to Majora's Mask to say the least. I never picked it up since it's creepy and I don't do well with creepy games - you will never, ever see me play a horror game like Evil Within, hell, the Shadow Temple and the well from Ocarina of Time still creeps me out.

Kirby's Epic Yarn. Do you want a cute story? Well, here you go. Oh, and it has a ton, I repeat, a ton of puns on yarn. It's like Chuggaaconroy was the scriptwriter.

Wii U (Treated as a Wii as well, but since you already own a Wii...):

I can't suggest any since I never played any of them or know any of them very well. Sure, there's Xenoblade Chronicles X, but I don't know. Oh, and that Fatal Frame game that I think is being released for the Wii U. This explains why PC has 6 suggestions since I have none for the Wii U.

Er... Super Paper Mario? A Mario with good story? Inconceivable! I'm using that word right, right? :p

3DS (Treating this as a DS(i) as well):

The World Ends With You (DS). Many people say this is a fantastic game, but it might be difficult to track down a copy. The premise is that kids are forced to fight or compete and something about time. I never played it since I just recently got a 3DS meaning no DS(i) or Gameboy games. Yes, tragic.

Bravely Default (3DS). It's basically a classic, old-school Final Fantasy with chibis, a Job-switching system, and a combat system where waiting - Defaulting - is sort of a risk-reward system since you could die if you don't take out enemies fast enough before they do serious damage or put on buffs.

Tales of the Abyss (3DS; originally PS2). I don't know if you can find this on the PS3, but you can use a ROM which is illegal if you don't own a game. So, a safe bet is to get the 3DS remake.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Whoa. Hold the phone.

Pandora's Tower isn't that creepy of a game, let alone a horror game. It has a darker undertone, but it is far from horror. Gears of War (only the first game, games after that don't really have the suspense the first game gave at points) is more horror then PT and it isn't even horror, though it does a very good job of building up suspense. The creepiest thing about the game is the whole Monster Flesh thing, but that isn't scary.

This is coming from someone who seriously dislikes the horror genre as well, unless it's a horror spoof.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Whoa. Hold the phone.

Pandora's Tower isn't that creepy of a game, let alone a horror game. It has a darker undertone, but it is far from horror. Gears of War (only the first game, games after that don't really have the suspense the first game gave at points) is more horror then PT and it isn't even horror, though it does a very good job of building up suspense. The creepiest thing about the game is the whole Monster Flesh thing, but that isn't scary.

This is coming from someone who seriously dislikes the horror genre as well, unless it's a horror spoof.
Monster Flesh and Elena's transformation. See, if I was a doctor, there would be a 100% increase in deaths in the world since I wouldn't be treating anyone! It'd be too scary to see nasty scabs, pus-leaking wounds, and other stuff. I'm squeamish.

Oh, and fish. Very creepy. I would freeze just by looking into an aquarium; I would die if I was put into an aquarium. Phobia of fish. Yeah...

They say there are god-fearing men. Well, I'm a fish and flesh-fearing ma- er... Grass-snake-thing with a mustache.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Shantae 3 pushes the boundaries on how many enemies you can give boobs

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Can anyone recommend a good story-driven game that's not an FPS?
The Walking Dead (and by the same token Wolf Among Us)
The Last of Us
Heavy Rain (tho dont take it TOO seriously)
Deadly Premonition (dont take this one seriously at all)
Red Dead Redemption (if youre also into open world games)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been bested by a timing puzzle in shantae

You have to time when you are shot out of a canon as spikes go up and down

There are 2 hard parts

I only get past the first hard part 50% of the time so I haven't been able to try the second part enough times to figure it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom