• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey @Luggy , 'remember when, we talked about FNAF and that you said you didn't like the story because they were ghost and **** like that?

Well, now, as I am making a FNAF-parody (Tough, I really need to find a better term than parody), I realize that, yes, it is actually scarier when, atleast in a story like this, there isn't paranormal activity. (No, I didn't reference the movie, it's the only word that come to my mind)

So yeah, thank you for proving me wrong.
M1nEp7h.gif

My awesome French friend.:4pacman:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think Watchmojo.com got hacked. A ton of their videos have been altered to say "HACKED BY OBNOXIOUS AND PEIN", followed by a link to their Twitter.
That doesn't sound good...

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
5 upvotes on my Vocaloid audition? Huh, guess people really do like my singing voice....

I've started getting into Hyperdimension Neptunia the other day, and I'm now a fan of it. It's pretty good, and I can see why people like the games so much. Episode 8 is one of my favorite episodes because it's so dang funny (well, the fanservice is also pretty good, too). Now I know I'm gonna have fun working on this Fandub.

Also, is it just me, or does Neptune reek of Sora?

...eh, Sora's too gullible. But the hair...? Nrghh... Their lazy but passionate personality? Maybe....

Last edited:

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
I've started getting into Hyperdimension Neptunia the other day, and I'm now a fan of it. It's pretty good, and I can see why people like the games so much. Episode 8 is one of my favorite episodes because it's so dang funny (well, the fanservice is also pretty good, too). Now I know I'm gonna have fun working on this Fandub.
Oh, man, I have a friend who's like a huge fan of Hyperdimension Neptunia. I've wanted to give the series a shot for awhile now. It's starting to become like Ace Attorney for me, a series that I wanted to try for a long, long time, but never really got around to it until some random point. : P

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Oh, man, I have a friend who's like a huge fan of Hyperdimension Neptunia. I've wanted to give the series a shot for awhile now. It's starting to become like Ace Attorney for me, a series that I wanted to try for a long, long time, but never really got around to it until some random point. : P
It's something you try out and end up liking within the first 5 minutes or so. The anime is pretty good, and that's what got me interested in the games themselves.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Played Mighty No9, idk I do see it being a "bad" game but I honestly enjoy it.

Main issues I got are some level design being bad but not overall bad and some models looking bad enough to where it actually kind of bothers me.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
Speaking of Mighty No.9, anyone seen one of GameXplain's videos that show the 4 hour long credits?
One of the backers was called, "Kamiya was Right." Lol

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I remember finding Hyperdimension Neptunia's battle system rather odd at first, as you have to walk up to the enemies and hit them. Still, a really cute game. I should get around watching the anime.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I look at Mighty No. 9 as a prime example of over ambition. By no means is it an awful game sure, but it's also a very mediocre product. Which combined with the large standards pulled on to it does bring up a lot of questions about Inafune himself.

It feels like in many ways Mighty No. 9 was built to be a franchise before it was a game. If the TV show about movie announcement is anything to go by.

Hell, it was released by itself on ten different platforms. For a small indie game that's absolutely insane! Most indie devs would dream for that, but with ten platforms comes a lot of resources spread thin. And of course a lot of time and attention being split in hopes that all of them end up well. Even two or three simultaneously can be monstrous to develop.

Mighty No. 9 tried to be this big, groundbreaking phenomenon before it was even able to show its work. And maybe with a better emphasis on focus and stronger business decisions it could have. But as it stands it's just meh. Another okay game that just exists.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I look at Mighty No. 9 as a prime example of over ambition. By no means is it an awful game sure, but it's also a very mediocre product. Which combined with the large standards pulled on to it does bring up a lot of questions about Inafune himself.

It feels like in many ways Mighty No. 9 was built to be a franchise before it was a game. If the TV show about movie announcement is anything to go by.

Hell, it was released by itself on ten different platforms. For a small indie game that's absolutely insane! Most indie devs would dream for that, but with ten platforms comes a lot of resources spread thin. And of course a lot of time and attention being split in hopes that all of them end up well. Even two or three simultaneously can be monstrous to develop.

Mighty No. 9 tried to be this big, groundbreaking phenomenon before it was even able to show its work. And maybe with a better emphasis on focus and stronger business decisions it could have. But as it stands it's just meh. Another okay game that just exists.
If I recall correctly, the game's development basically restarted partway through. If that's true, it's a miracle it turned out as well as it did.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If I recall correctly, the game's development basically restarted partway through. If that's true, it's a miracle it turned out as well as it did.
That is only a guess we have made from the various screenshots and promos we have. We don't know if it actually happened.

D

Deleted member

It has been seven years since Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson passed away. I took the chance of using a still image from a music video featuring the latter as an avatar to acknowledge the events in some form just for this day. It's something that is generally always in my mind. Besides, I didn't have a clear idea on what avatar should I use at the time, so I settled on this. I didn't have enough interest to do things such as creating a special Aspyr avatar or using the same old Rick Astley avatar like I did in the previous year.

It's birthday time as well, so there's that too.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

This reminds me, we already have plenty of people (many of us included) who had fun criticising the game... I wonder if people will be ready with their pitchforks too when the anime airs.

I doubt the anime will be cancelled, as Inafune has shown no desire to let the franchise die despite the poor showing of the game. Let's see how he steers the ship.

------------------------

And how is everyone? I just finished a Wikipedia binge.... and I now my head is aching.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
This reminds me, we already have plenty of people (many of us included) who had fun criticising the game... I wonder if people will be ready with their pitchforks too when the anime airs.

I doubt the anime will be cancelled, as Inafune has shown no desire to let the franchise die despite the poor showing of the game. Let's see how he steers the ship.

------------------------

And how is everyone? I just finished a Wikipedia binge.... and I now my head is aching.
you guys talked about Hyperdimension and that's interested me for a while.
like I've looked that game series up in the past and it's got my attention,but maybe that's because my brain is saying NEW RPG GO TRY IT NAO! I even like some of the references made to actual gaming history.
it also registers in my brain as a guilty pleasure type of game because of all the cuteness. Hmmm....

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I never thought that I'd hear something positive about Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. And the irony of the story is that I never even cared about the game.
It's actually been receiving very positive reviews. Most of the negativity comes from people who don't like the aesthetic/premise of it (anime idols, high schoolers, etc), were expecting something different from a crossover between SMT and Fire Emblem, or are crying about "censorship" because the localisation has some characters showing slightly less skin.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I wonder if things would've turned out better if they didn't get so much money on their kickstarter.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
crying about "censorship" because the localisation has some characters showing slightly less skin
Truly, the amount of skin matters more than the game quality itself. If that girl, yes her right there, is showing any less skin in muh 'Murican release, then this game is automatically trash! GOOD DAY SIR!

./s

I tried to be funny, I don't think I'm funny, like at all, I freaking suck man

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I wonder if things would've turned out better if they didn't get so much money on their kickstarter.
As weird as it sounds, I think you are right. Or maybe it could have been worse, Inafune is friggin crazy about trying to turn everything into a cash-cow mega franchise, remember Kaio the Pirate King? Imagine him putting even LESS money into the game ugh.

Tho to be fair, even with more money in the project itself, some of the design choices would fall flat IMO. Inafune just didnt get what people liked about Mega Man and couldnt replicate the attention originals paid to stuff like level design. I think this only could have ended up better with Inafune on a leash and involvement of more ex-capcom folk who knew how to design videogames like Mega Man.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's actually been receiving very positive reviews. Most of the negativity comes from people who don't like the aesthetic/premise of it (anime idols, high schoolers, etc), were expecting something different from a crossover between SMT and Fire Emblem, or are crying about "censorship" because the localisation has some characters showing slightly less skin.
You got that right, I understand that not all people from the west are interested to anime, not to mention anime idols, high schools etc. I mean there are even some people who don't even like games like FE and SMT just because they're anime... don't even care about the gameplay...

It also irritated me how some people used to say Smash Bros have too many anime characters (I get with too many FE characters), I mean Nintendo is from Japan... I can briefly say it's kind of rare that some person likes Nintendo but don't like anime. Since Nintendo had already made some anime medias before.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I never thought that I'd hear something positive about Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. And the irony of the story is that I never even cared about the game.
The only thing someone can genuinely fault it for is alienating its target fanbase. That's it.

The game is good, and they really poured a lot of heart and money into it.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Okay, so is nobody going to address the fact that "Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE" is a terrible name?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
#FE is pretty fun... and it has a lot of hot women.
Why does this not surprise me lol.

And by the way, Metal Shop X Metal Shop X
great avatar. :) Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni was amazing.

Okay, so is nobody going to address the fact that "Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE" is a terrible name?
I think it is a good name.
If you flip around Tokyo Mirage Sessions or TMS, you get.... SMT (!)

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Why does this not surprise me lol.

And by the way, Metal Shop X Metal Shop X
great avatar. :) Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni was amazing.
Thanks but....
Isn't a little late to say that now?:061:

Tough, again, thank you for saying this. :)

"Note something on a book"
(By the way, I have only see the first arc of Higurashi a long time ago. But recently, my curiosity and the fantastic first OP -Which is just so awesome that it actually give me new ideas for my FNAF parody - have make me want to know more about. And watch the episode later of course)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Thanks but....
Isn't a little late to say that now?:061:

Tough, again, thank you for saying this. :)

"Note something on a book"
(By the way, I have only see the first arc of Higurashi a long time ago. But recently, my curiosity and the fantastic first OP -Which is just awesome that it actually five me new ideas for my FNAF parody - have make me want to know more about. And watch the episode later of course)
You should see the 2nd season. The animation quality is much better than the first.

I'm probably in the minority that read the Visual Novel first, and then watched the anime, so I knew a lot of plot points that the anime had to compress. The visual novel is actually managed to seriously scare the hell out of me once. :laugh:

EDIT: Just saw that you changed your avatar. aww. :p

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You should see the 2nd season. The animation quality is much better than the first.

I'm probably in the minority that read the Visual Novel first, and then watched the anime, so I knew a lot of plot points that the anime had to compress. The visual novel is actually managed to seriously scare the hell out of me once. :laugh:
But, how I am going to get the thing in the second season if I have only see the first 4 episodes?

Also, I know that there is a Visual Novel. But I prefer watching the Anime. (And maybe the various manga)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Tokyo = the setting
Mirage = the "ghosts" of FE characters that appear
Sessions = gameplay mechanic, also music sessions, since the music industry plays a large part in the plot
TMS = SMT, reversed
# (sharp) = again, music
FE = Fire Emblem, also musical notes

Put it together, and you get music sessions in Tokyo with the ghosts of FE characters. I'd say it's actually quite clever, if a bit long-winded.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Tokyo = the setting
Mirage = the "ghosts" of FE characters that appear
Sessions = gameplay mechanic, also music sessions, since the music industry plays a large part in the plot
TMS = SMT, reversed
# (sharp) = again, music
FE = Fire Emblem, also musical notes

Put it together, and you get music sessions in Tokyo with the ghosts of FE characters. I'd say it's actually quite clever, if a bit long-winded.
At some point, you have to weigh the benefits of being clever with being appealing. When you're actually looking at it, the title doesn't make it clear what the game is about or what the main draw is (namely, a crossover between SMT and Fire Emblem). Admittedly, #FE isn't so bad; probably the worst example of this that I've seen is Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, which I'm told is very clever after you've played the game, but looks really stupid beforehand.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
In voice acting, sometimes it doesn't matter what show you do. If you're needed, they'll take you.
Aikatsu Stars! is the name. Hasn't been dubbed in english yet, so a Fandub is being made. I'm voicing a guy named Subaru Yuki who shares the same voice actor as Hayato from The Lost Village. The show has a pretty decent plot, pretty decent characters, pretty decent music.....
And, uh, yeah. Thats all the interesting info I have that's worth sharing. :4luigi:

sedrf

Smash Journeyman
I noticed this while watching guilty gear at ceo

Last edited:

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
So my friend just gifted me Battleblock Theater. So we can play that together now. Another friend also gave me a free TF2 hat. Granted, the hat goes for like 1.33 Ref (In the TF2 Trading Community, Refined Metal is currency), dunno how much it is in USD, but that's still fine - free hat. :p

Also, as for TMS #FE having lots of hot women, I can agree there. :p

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, my premium ran out, so I guess I'll be spending more time here.

So I got a question for you guys. Is anyone else enjoying Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE as much as I am?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom