• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll be fine. I'll just transfer a level 30 Machamp to **** her up MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I had to buy a new Crystal because the first one I bought kept wiping data out. Hopefully this one works.

So far. I ended up spamming Rare Candies to level my team to 65, beat the Elite Four, and used my Master Ball on Mewtwo. I'd say today is a pretty good day.
Pokémon levelled up using Rare candies are inferior to ones levelled up by battling, just so you know.

:231:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Pokémon levelled up using Rare candies are inferior to ones levelled up by battling, just so you know.

I'm aware. I just got impatient and decided to go ahead and just get that done. At least hopefully raise them a little more in Red and the Elite Four to keep fighting for better level ups

Does that includes swapping weaker for stronger Pokemon during fights?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm aware. I just got impatient and decided to go ahead and just get that done. At least hopefully raise them a little more in Red and the Elite Four to keep fighting for better level ups

Does that includes swapping weaker for stronger Pokemon during fights?
No, it doesn't affect those. It is actually a recommended method for raising low level or weaker Pokémon.

It could be worse, it could've been Chet Rippo from Paper Mario.
*DEEP BREATH*
Fine, I'll play along. What the heck do you mean?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
No, it doesn't affect those. It is actually a recommended method for raising low level or weaker Pokémon.

*DEEP BREATH*
Fine, I'll play along. What the heck do you mean?

It's a long story, so I'll try my best to shorten it.

In Paper Mario, defeating enemies earns you Star Points. 100 star points and you level up, and you can upgrade either HP, FP, or BP. That seems obvious to people who have played the game before, but there's a weird guy in Toad Town just outside of Harry's Store named Chet Rippo. For 39 coins, he'll upgrade one of your stats, but the bad news is he will force you to take off all your badges and downgrade one of your stats.

Hence the name being a joke name that sounds kinda like "Cheat Ripoff"

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's a long story, so I'll try my best to shorten it.

In Paper Mario, defeating enemies earns you Star Points. 100 star points and you level up, and you can upgrade either HP, FP, or BP. That seems obvious to people who have played the game before, but there's a weird guy in Toad Town just outside of Harry's Store named Chet Rippo. For 39 coins, he'll upgrade one of your stats, but the bad news is he will force you to take off all your badges and downgrade one of your stats.

Hence the name being a joke name that sounds kinda like "Cheat Ripoff"
Ooookay. I don't remember using him in Paper Mario when I played it years ago, so yeah.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
OH NO! I am not testing my water balloon gun on living targets.

But in all honesty, you should definitely give them a try.
I do want to give the games a go someday. I just never got around to it. I hear good things about those games, though. I remember liking Super Paper Mario, and I can't say the same for the only other Paper Mario game I've played, Sticker Star.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It could be worse, it could've been Chet Rippo from Paper Mario.
that's unbalance it;s different lol :)

Anyway popping in to just show the.........stylishness of what is goign to be linux mint 18.

I am serious just look at these shots I took from the beta!

@Flight this is how you do good flat design like it's flat, but not boring. In fact, it's so attractive, I fell in love pretty quickly and proceeded to keep talking to myself (not subtly) on how good it is and then I may have ended up crying.

Like I can't explain how much hype I am for this release, I never was THIS HYPED for a linux mint release and the first version I used was Olivia which was Mint 15 and this is mint 18.

All the previous releases were hype, but not as much at this one, god I love it way too much.

Let me just go over why this is probably the most hype OS release for me.

1: FINALLY A DARK THEMED GUI! just this one, already makes this GUI much superior to the other for me because I hate to have too much lights, it annoys my eyes and recently, I keep making my stuff as dark as I can even going as far to use stylish css styles to darken most webpages I use. You have no idea how much of a chnages this little thing does to me because it's not just one application or partial stuff that are dark, it's the entire OS gui meaning everything that can be dark will be and this means I'll never have to look at gray or white stuff most likely for most stuff. This is a similar change to when I realised that the font settings in mint were the best, but even better.

2: It has the only flat theme that is imo both simple and freaking gorgeous. Like I said, I love to have simple stuff that has a lot in the inside and this theme (mint-y) has that and they even added a dark version to it unlike mint-x. Just look at these icons! they are so......simple and yet, they are so vivid, I just want more and then I look and there is more! Most of the icons are like this actually which just makes me sad and cry to know that I have to wait a month for installing it. As for the gui components, they are basically the most optimal. They are simple, but not Windows 10 kind of simple, no, they are simple, and not enough to look like nothing. The result is I can;t help myself but click on these......which just means I enjoy the UI so much.

3: Xenial based (ubuntu 16.04). This is major because there has been so much progress in the past 2 years that a lot of the repos couldn't have bugfixes or features of stuff I wanted. The most frustrating one was Dolphin and Bluez, a bluetooth stack. Dolphin, I had to use a ppa which forces me to use the lattest dev build (I can't choose my version because the binary package will not work). Though, I switched to manually build it to have debugfast, it was very frustrating to do this. Bluez however, that was another huge problem. I wanted to sync my wiiu pro, I need a certain version or higher of bluez, I don;t in the one included in the repos, have to find an obscure ppa, and because mint doesn't want to update to it, I have to force the version and lock it. Then all sorts of other problems like gcc (the compiler) being too old, pulseaudio not having a fix with recording with the right sample rate, etc..... Basically, with updated repos of 2 years, everything is now more stable.

4: more utilities. I didn't even know a lot of these existed, but there is now a firewall included finally (idk why that one took so long), system log (THANK YOU!) and as I showed, more informations about the update manager which is actually HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE for me who keeps using ppa to get newer stuff (because you knew what you would have done if something goes wrong after an update).

5: it's linux mint!

So, I feel honestly mint is getting exponentially better each major releases like this one. Btw, they will still do a point release idea of basically keeping the same base until a x.3 release to then go to 19, but tbh, it doesn;t matter, each time they will do a major release, less problems will occur until it becomes not annoyign anymore. I remember when i tried mint 15, there was quite a lot of issues imo that annoyed me, then 16 came and it just felt really more stable......so I installed it, but then 17 and......god I love it. And it kept improving until 17.3 and now 18 is just gorgeous and I cannot wait for it.

I really want to emphasise on how crazy clever the mint team are. They literally do everything good, if they try new things, they at least do it properly and it basically keeps getting better with that. What's next? Wayland? Wayland would be hype btw because X is basically you run a display server locally to display......which sounds odd and i heard it has a lot of obsolete stuff which is why they are starting to move away to wayland. Mesa having ogl 4.3 on haswell is close and they already have their vulkan driver for intel.....

yeah, I really keep thinking that switching to linux was the best decision I took.

So FalKoopa FalKoopa , if you want to see how anything looks in the beta, tag me and I will post a screen :)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I do want to give the games a go someday. I just never got around to it. I hear good things about those games, though. I remember liking Super Paper Mario, and I can't say the same for the only other Paper Mario game I've played, Sticker Star.
SS is basically agreed by most people to be really bad as a paper mario game and I personalyl think it's even hard to like it.....as just a game. Spm is very underrated imo because a lot of people were expecting TTYD and spm ended up reimplementing a lot of stuff, but the thing is, they did it properly, it made sense and it did ended up with a couple flaws, but the plot and everything else pretty much more than made up for it.

But pm64 and TTYD.......these, seriously, you have to try them at one point. They are NOTHING like SS and as for spm......it's very different, but if you like basic rpg gameplay, you shouldn’t have much problems. Don't expect the same plot deepness, but there is very good humor in these. The gameplay of TTYD is however ALONE a reason to play it, it is still imo the best battle system I played because it;s very satisfying.

The thing is, TTYD requiring a disc, I more recommend to get pm64 first (wiiu vc or n64 preferable as wii vc has some lags when you pause which is annoying) because it;s so cheap on vc. It is mostly agreed to be in terms of gameplay a toned down version of TTYD, however, since it features different overall design and feel (like it feels more softer and more calm), a lot of people still prefer it over TTYD, but that's pure tastes here. It does have less gorgeousness in the animations because of the system, but they are still really good. It's just there is part that could feel rudimentary.

The idea is that pm64 being more slow pace, it helps a lot to play and it if end up liking the game, you WILL love TTYD. It's VERY rare for me to see people love pm64, but disliking TTYD. I see a lot that prefer pm64, but the games has so much in common that it's hard to have very diverging opinion on them.

So if you like pm64, then it worth ordering a disc because TTYD is mind blowing imo.

sorry for late reply had to avoid double post :)

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799

Eh, this is a bigger deal if you plan on going competitive. But I doubt they're going for the competitive Gen 2 scene. ;)

I mean, I try to avoid using Rare Candies myself, although GSC/HGSS kinda demand it with how little XP you get at points in the game (like around Ecruteak City). Later games have gotten better for it- with the exception of trying to find a naturally rainy route in XY to evolve my Sliggoo. Had to use a rare candy there. >_>

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Im hyped for SFV story mode (ALL DLC CHARACTERS PLAYABLE, before they are even released, meaning early Urien demo). Capcom finally telling me stuff like they promised is appreciated as well. Im down to clown with this.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So, I guess there should be a little more in the way of topics of discussion here again, shouldn't there?

What makes a character look cool to you guys? Like, if I'm trying to design the coolest character possible, what accessories should I have them wear?

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, I guess there should be a little more in the way of topics of discussion here again, shouldn't there?

What makes a character look cool to you guys? Like, if I'm trying to design the coolest character possible, what accessories should I have them wear?
Dusters, Trench Coats, and long jackets in general are my preferences when designing a cool character.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

What is cool and what isn't kind of varies from person to person.

Anyway, I find sharply dressed characters cool. I'm the oddball for liking 19th century stuff.

For more action-y stuff, goggles, and anything which looks a bit futuristic.

(That sounded contradictory)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What is cool and what isn't kind of varies from person to person.

Anyway, I find sharply dressed characters cool. I'm the oddball for liking 19th century stuff.

For more action-y stuff, goggles, and anything which looks a bit futuristic.

(That sounded contradictory)
Hey, I bet in steampunk you could get that combination to work. :p

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371

As was already said, long jackets and trench coats, but also capes.
Not superman kind of cape, but a cape that you can hide in and be mysterious. (And also look cool while standing on high places)
Also, lower part of the face should be hidden by a scarf like accessory.
Other hand must be robotic, or covered with a high tech gauntlet.
The character should have a high tech monocle.
A classy hat or long hair. (Not both)

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Had to work like 12 hours straight with barely a break yesterday, and didn't get home 'til after midnight. I have work in 3 hours. Needless to say, I'm exhausted and tired of my friggin' job. Doesn't help that I'm an introvert and most of that shift yesterday was spent with a line out the door so I'm not so much physically tired at the moment so much as I'm recovering from there being so many people.

Uh anyway apart from depressing work ****, my gf recently got a PS Vita for cheap off of craigslist (it's actually a newer model and in great condition) so I bought Mega Man Legends 2 during the Capcom sale and have been playing that. It's still as fun as I remember, although I highly question why there's a touch pad on the back of the system. It's really stupid and I had to completely disable it and change the controls to play the game without it messing up constantly. R-Targeting was mapped to the top right back of the system and for some reason, pressing and holding sometimes won't hold it and it'll just target and then stop doing it. And of course, the fact that most people hold a system by having middle fingers on the back of it means that you'll randomly press them when you didn't mean to. What the ****, Sony?

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
So what is everyone up to today? Robobot is out in EU and NA.

Not much, really. I finally got Fire Emblem Fates Revelation last night. I'm still playing through Birthright, but I can't wait to beat Birthright so I can finally get around to Revelation. I know, I'm slow. :p

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Figured I should poke into this social and see what's happening. Funny how I've been here a while but haven't even posted here.

So... hi.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Figured I should poke into this social and see what's happening. Funny how I've been here a while but haven't even posted here.

So... hi.
Welcome to the quiet Social Thread! Here, you will find normal user, pranked one and premium like you and me! Have a good time here, because the Hype Train never end here! (Tough, it is kinda slow, but still! )

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Welp.

I've been pretty busy this summer (for once). I've been pretty passionate about voice acting since I watched Tyranee's Let's Dub projects on YouTube. Didn't know how I could possibly "lend my voice" out to people until I stumbled across a site called Casting Call Club 5 days ago. I've been on that website since.

If anyone's interested in hearing my audtions, I'll just leave the link here. But that's generally what I've been up to this summer

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So in case no one has heard the news, Zygarde's 10% and Complete Formes will be playable in Pokemon Sun and Moon. They were confirmed during Taiwan's National Championships.

Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves are finally official. Both moves were in the coding for X/Y, and as expected, they are Zygarde's moves. Zygarde 10% changes into the Complete Forme thanks to its new ability "Swarm Change." From the looks of it, Swarm Change allows Zygarde to change into its Complete Forme if it is in a pinch. Zygarde's Complete Forme has a new attack named "Core Punisher." It's that Z-like beam attack you see in the footage. I'm guessing that move will either be Dragon-type or Ground-type, and it will probably be exclusive to the Complete Forme.

I'm really happy that we will be seeing Zygarde's new forms in the upcoming games after all! I only hope is that if "Swarm Change" is the only way Zygarde transforms into its Complete Forme, it will regain full HP upon transformation. That way, it'd be more usable. I also wonder if we will still receive an item in the games that will allow us to tranform Zygarde into its Complete Forme on its own.

And CoroCoro has revealed two new Pokemon. One is that dog Pokemon that was accidentally leaked, the other is our first Koala Pokemon. Pokebeach has all the details on that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom