• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I think he is one of the many people that rip video game music for youtube
Ok but there is also Chrunchii and BrawlBRSTMs3 that do the same thing.

I mean, I guess I understand
I think you are confusing GiIvasunner with Gilvasunner.

Giiva began as a parody account for Gilva, using an uppercase i to trick people. The original Gilva is still around, but that's not the one we're talking about.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think you are confusing GiIvasunner with Gilvasunner.

Giiva began as a parody account for Gilva, using an uppercase i to trick people. The original Gilva is still around, but that's not the one we're talking about.
Oh so you are taking about the parody channal. Oh eh
Y u spell my name wrong ;o;
Oh... Oops. :substitute:
Oh god I didn't realize I was doing that

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Y u spell my name wrong ;o;
Wait...
So you're telling me-
You've had this account since February 1st, 2015.
You haven't been active since then.
You happened to be here, browsing this very thread, right when someone mentions your name.

That's some creepy **** right there.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Wait...
So you're telling me-
You've had this account since February 1st, 2015.
You haven't been active since then.
You happened to be here, browsing this very thread, right when someone mentions your name.

That's some creepy **** right there.
Actually, I sent him that link. We're on a Discord server and we're pretty decent friends too, I guess.

Yeah, pretty spooky stuff man, I'm telling ya.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Actually, I sent him that link. We're on a Discord server and we're pretty decent friends too, I guess.

Yeah, pretty spooky stuff man, I'm telling ya.
Discord sucks
Git gud.

Just kidding, but I prefer Curse.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I would replace Mario & Luigi with Geno because what's the point of having 2 reps ML seires and 1 PM rep and leave SMRPG in the dust...
I know about your Geno fetish but Geno will not be replacing anyone n my roster

I'm a bit surprised that you chose Blood Falcon over Black Shadow.

I didn't like the cutting of Roy, and getting him replaced by Azura, because Fates hasn't done anything to deserve two characters, not to mention that there is nothing representing the GBA games in the series now, which were the ones that actually introduced Fire Emblem to the West, and still recommended for people starting out with the series.

Points for Waluigi and Tingle.

I'm confused by Mario&Luigi... What kind of moveset would they have?

:231:
Please read my reasoning. Azura was a pure bias choice. I'd love to see someone like Lyn appear, personally, just didn't place her on the roster. I believe Mario & Luigi was explained to you, right?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I had the GilvaSunner thing explained to me yesterday and all of sudden I see this thread title here lol

Hooray for coincidences, never got to listen to the actual songs though =V

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Heard about the GiIvaSunner account termination thing. It's really sad, a lot of their stuff I legitimately, unironically liked. #Pray4GrandDad

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I know about your Geno fetish but Geno will not be replacing anyone n my roster

Please read my reasoning. Azura was a pure bias choice. I'd love to see someone like Lyn appear, personally, just didn't place her on the roster. I believe Mario & Luigi was explained to you, right?
I know you won't replace anything with Geno but in my opinion seeing that you give ML seires 2 reps and giving PM 1 rep and leaving out SMRPG just doesn't seems like a good idea.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh, I'm alright with Azura, just not about her coming at the cost of Roy. I think the roster is large enough that he can be squeezed in.
(I'd love to see Lyn though.)

I don't remember about Mario&Luigi, sorry.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
In the states, due to how we format dates, it just so happens to be 2^n day. (4/8/16)

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
I just hope the New 3ds lasts a little bit longer, because I just bought one and I'll rage if a new console gets announced for this year.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I just hope the New 3ds lasts a little bit longer, because I just bought one and I'll rage if a new console gets announced for this year.
Well, the NX is shaping up to be a console, not a handheld, luckily.

I expect the 3DS to be supported until 2017 at least, with a long life like the DS.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Oh, I'm alright with Azura, just not about her coming at the cost of Roy. I think the roster is large enough that he can be squeezed in.
(I'd love to see Lyn though.)

I don't remember about Mario&Luigi, sorry.

Mario & Luigi are repping Mario & Luigi, the game series. Their attacks would involve their hammers, jumping, and the NUMEROUS Bro Attacks across the series. Also the field skills like the drill.

Honestly? Roy was a bias removal. Can't stand him. But feel free to add him in internally if you want to; I guess he should be in but I cut him for bias.

I know you won't replace anything with Geno but in my opinion seeing that you give ML seires 2 reps and giving PM 1 rep and leaving out SMRPG just doesn't seems like a good idea.
This could be because you've ruined Geno for me
On an actual note, SMRPG isn't even a series. It's a one-off game, and while classic and a good game, better represented in stages. ML and PM are both long-running, loved, and active game franchises with more character potential then SMRPG which only has Geno.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Mario & Luigi are repping Mario & Luigi, the game series. Their attacks would involve their hammers, jumping, and the NUMEROUS Bro Attacks across the series. Also the field skills like the drill.
Oh, I knew they would represent the M&L RPGs.

For some reason I'm having a hard time visualising those moves without looking really awkward. Partly because their proportions are more human than Ice Climbers, and a match with Mario vs. Luigi vs. Mario&Luigi would be pretty strange. :p But alright.

Honestly? Roy was a bias removal. Can't stand him. But feel free to add him in internally if you want to; I guess he should be in but I cut him for bias.
At least you're admitting it. I just want to the GBA games represented. It's not necessarily about Roy, but his popularity means that if anyone is picked to represent the GBA generation, it would be him.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Oh, I knew they would represent the M&L RPGs.

For some reason I'm having a hard time visualising those moves without looking really awkward. Partly because their proportions are more human than Ice Climbers, and a match with Mario vs. Luigi vs. Mario&Luigi would be pretty strange. :p But alright.

At least you're admitting it. I just want to the GBA games represented. It's not necessarily about Roy, but his popularity means that if anyone is picked to represent the GBA generation, it would be him.

Thing is though the Fire Emblem fandom HATES Roy. He is easily the least popular Lord IIRC. He's only "popular" in the Smash community and still has plenty of neighsayers. Lyn would rep GBA games, or Hector.

It would be but Dark Pit vs Pit isn't strange, nor is Dr. Mario vs Mario. While this case is more extreme then those, it's still somewhat similiar.

They could use their models that they have in the CGI cutscenes of Paper Jam.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
With Hector you would have a Lord who's really popular in the FE fanbase (he's one of the most popular ones) and a character who would be potentially more unique than Roy with his axes.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Thing is though the Fire Emblem fandom HATES Roy. He is easily the least popular Lord IIRC. He's only "popular" in the Smash community and still has plenty of neighsayers. Lyn would rep GBA games, or Hector.
Oh, I'm aware that most of Roy's fanbase resides outside the FE fandom, but it don't think that really matters at this point. Fire Emblem fans are but a small part of the Smash fanbase, after all. Smash 4's new design and moveset changes also increased his appeal.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Oh, I'm aware that most of Roy's fanbase resides outside the FE fandom, but it don't think that really matters at this point. Fire Emblem fans are but a small part of the Smash fanbase, after all. Smash 4's new design and moveset changes also increased his appeal.

But it's either have a completely new character who reps a popular GBA game, who has been asked for for years now, and is already established in Smash as an assist trophy...
Or...
Roy, who is, face is, a semi-clone of Marth, unpopular in the Fire Emblem fandom (this does matter imo), and wouldn't really bring anything new to the table.

All fanbases are small in Smash, really. I think they should still influence the characters that get in.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But it's either have a completely new character who reps a popular GBA game, who has been asked for for years now, and is already established in Smash as an assist trophy...
Or...
Roy, who is, face is, a semi-clone of Marth, unpopular in the Fire Emblem fandom (this does matter imo), and wouldn't really bring anything new to the table.

All fanbases are small in Smash, really. I think they should still influence the characters that get in.
I'm not against Lyn joining the roster at all (Hell, Lyn is my favourite FE lord and I've completed FE7 thrice).

I just see cutting Roy at this point counter-intuitive. I believe that his return in Smash 4 has cemented his place in future instalments, DLC or not.

Think about it from the company's perspective. As a developer, being a popular semi-clone actually makes him quite appealing, as they can get the same money while not being required to make the character from scratch.

As to why I think his unpopularity in FE circles doesn't matter, see, your reason for liking Roy doesn't really make a difference to Nintendo in the end. Whether you like him because of the game he comes from, or simply because of TEH PH1R3, ultimately both are going to shell out the same money to buy him. Not to mention that most, if not all, popularity polls, don't bother with the reason.

About bringing new things to the table, characters like :4lucina::4darkpit::4drmario: exist. It's of course preferable that they bring something new, but as long as the character can rake in sales (Roy certainly does), it's not a hard and fast criterion.

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
So this is the social threads, huh...

If we're talking about a new FE character, I can see Camilla or Ryoma joining the fray.

But then again, I know nearly nothing about FE. I only got halfway through The Sacred Stones before I lost the game, and I only recently got back into the series with Fates. (I picked Conquest before you ask) So I guess I should leave it to you guys.

7NATOR

Smash Master
We talking about Fire Emblem?

Well if there's one character that would make it in, its the Main character of the inevitable New Fire Emblem game coming out late 2017-2018

on a Side note, I got Bodied be MVG_Sol on For Glory.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

If we're talking about a new FE character, I can see Camilla or Ryoma joining the fray.

But then again, I know nearly nothing about FE. I only got halfway through The Sacred Stones before I lost the game, and I only recently got back into the series with Fates. (I picked Conquest before you ask) So I guess I should leave it to you guys.
You HAVE to be kidding me.

Camilla has NO. CHANCE of getting in and her winning 2 character popularity polls isn't gonna improve that. I love her as a character! But in SMASH!? No. She's not even a lord. In one route she's barely even there (Birthright).
Ryoma is likely the 3rd most likely Fates rep. But that's only because Xander has the issue of his horse. 2nd is Azura. But we likely won't GET a new Fates rep is the thing here.

I can see Lyn, Hector, Ephiram, or Anna, or even Leif joining the battle far over both of those choices.

I'm sorry if this is too harsh. I just get really passionate about this kinda stuff. Also, good choice, I LOVE Fates and Conquest was my first route too.

I'm not against Lyn joining the roster at all (Hell, Lyn is my favourite FE lord and I've completed FE7 thrice).

I just see cutting Roy at this point counter-intuitive. I believe that his return in Smash 4 has cemented his place in future instalments, DLC or not.

Think about it from the company's perspective. As a developer, being a popular semi-clone actually makes him quite appealing, as they can get the same money while not being required to make the character from scratch.

As to why I think his unpopularity in FE circles doesn't matter, see, your reason for liking Roy doesn't really make a difference to Nintendo in the end. Whether you like him because of the game he comes from, or simply because of TEH PH1R3, ultimately both are going to shell out the same money to buy him. Not to mention that most, if not all, popularity polls, don't bother with the reason.

About bringing new things to the table, characters like :4lucina::4darkpit::4drmario: exist. It's of course preferable that they bring something new, but as long as the character can rake in sales (Roy certainly does), it's not a hard and fast criterion.

I think we've got miscommunication here. I still only cut Roy because of bias. Otherwise I would've kept him most likely. I understand why you yourself would keep Roy, I just don't like him by now.

Those characters were just clones added after the whole cast was done though. There's no point to bringing them up if theu're intentionally clones.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm sorry if this is too harsh. I just get really passionate about this kinda stuff. Also, good choice, I LOVE Fates and Conquest was my first route too.

I think we've got miscommunication here. I still only cut Roy because of bias. Otherwise I would've kept him most likely. I understand why you yourself would keep Roy, I just don't like him by now.

Those characters were just clones added after the whole cast was done though. There's no point to bringing them up if theu're intentionally clones.
I mean, were you trying to make a realistic roster, or was it your ideal/dream roster? If it's the latter, go nuts. :p I won't object even if you cut Mario.

I have a hard time seeing two characters from Fates. It's still fun to imagine their movesets and all, though. Everyone has their underdog wants.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I mean, were you trying to make a realistic roster, or was it your ideal/dream roster? If it's the latter, go nuts. :p I won't object even if you cut Mario.

I have a hard time seeing two characters from Fates. It's still fun to imagine their movesets and all, though. Everyone has their underdog wants.

What ******* would cut Mario even in a dream roster. He's a kind and loving man. Love that plumber.

It was supposed to be realistic, yeah. I hope I did decently enough, but Azura and kinda Poochy were the bias choices in there.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
You HAVE to be kidding me.

Camilla has NO. CHANCE of getting in and her winning 2 character popularity polls isn't gonna improve that. I love her as a character! But in SMASH!? No. She's not even a lord. In one route she's barely even there (Birthright).
Ryoma is likely the 3rd most likely Fates rep. But that's only because Xander has the issue of his horse. 2nd is Azura. But we likely won't GET a new Fates rep is the thing here.

I can see Lyn, Hector, Ephiram, or Anna, or even Leif joining the battle far over both of those choices.

Sowwy, I just thought maybe because she was a Malig Knight and I thought that would make for an interesting character. Like I said, I don't know too much about Fire Emblem and stuff.

A lord would make a better choice anyways. Sorry dood .-.

Yeah, I just thought after playing for a bit in Conquest that those two characters would make interesting characters.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Azura is literally the only character fom Fates that has a chance to be playable.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
So, I've had some sort of idea kicking and screaming around in my head: what if there was a Social Thread fighting game just like Smash?
Well, that's a good idea in my book. I'd probably take a lot of things from each of the Smash-like games out there - from Smash 64 to Sm4sh, and even Rivals of Aether and Project M Community Build! By the way, this isn't an actual game I'm planning, just a theoretical one. Now to fire away...

@Opossum
Balanced character, based off of King Dedede, Mii Brawler, and Corrin. A valiant marsupial with a Ban Hammer to match.
@Luggy
B-boy cap with an "L" on it? Check. Young girl with a Stand resembling Phoenix Wright? Check. Psychic powers that can be enhanced with dank memes? Check. Luggy here is Space Stranger's calmer, cooler buddy, and this'll just fit so well given the two are dank memers in real life.
@Space Stranger
Excitable astronaut cowboy who uses photographic memory to copy other characters' neutral specials. Space Stranger's other weapons include snakes with boots on their tails, gunning everyone down with funposts, and salad bombs.
Michael War Anvil War Anvil
Combo character, more akin to Bayonetta than to Ryu. It's me...at least, if I were some demiboy Shantae wannabe normally colored like 7 GRAND DAD. My ingame self uses cluster-code punch waves, (FLEEN)STOHN EDGE?!, ponytail rocket flight, a heaping helping of Combat Sambo (Look it up!), and more.
Wolfie Still~Wolf Still~Wolf
Fast glass cannon - someone whom I feel would be the Sonic of this Social Thread game. This wolf chick is dressed in grey and pink, and is a BERRY COOL GAL, as her cap says. Fights with, among other things, FLUDD, Gaster Blasters, and even Sheik's Bouncing Fish attack. Please do NOT confuse her with WolfieXVII, whatever you do.
So, uh, what do you all think? Comments and criticism appreciated!

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
So, I've had some sort of idea kicking and screaming around in my head: what if there was a Social Thread fighting game just like Smash?
Well, that's a good idea in my book. I'd probably take a lot of things from each of the Smash-like games out there - from Smash 64 to Sm4sh, and even Rivals of Aether and Project M Community Build! By the way, this isn't an actual game I'm planning, just a theoretical one. Now to fire away...

@Opossum
Balanced character, based off of King Dedede, Mii Brawler, and Corrin. A valiant marsupial with a Ban Hammer to match.
@Luggy
B-boy cap with an "L" on it? Check. Young girl with a Stand resembling Phoenix Wright? Check. Psychic powers that can be enhanced with dank memes? Check. Luggy here is Space Stranger's calmer, cooler buddy, and this'll just fit so well given the two are dank memers in real life.
@Space Stranger
Excitable astronaut cowboy who uses photographic memory to copy other characters' neutral specials. Space Stranger's other weapons include snakes with boots on their tails, gunning everyone down with funposts, and salad bombs.
Michael War Anvil War Anvil
Combo character, more akin to Bayonetta than to Ryu. It's me...at least, if I were some demiboy Shantae wannabe normally colored like 7 GRAND DAD. My ingame self uses cluster-code punch waves, (FLEEN)STOHN EDGE?!, ponytail rocket flight, a heaping helping of Combat Sambo (Look it up!), and more.
Wolfie Still~Wolf Still~Wolf
Fast glass cannon - someone whom I feel would be the Sonic of this Social Thread game. This wolf chick is dressed in grey and pink, and is a BERRY COOL GAL, as her cap says. Fights with, among other things, FLUDD, Gaster Blasters, and even Sheik's Bouncing Fish attack. Please do NOT confuse her with WolfieXVII, whatever you do.
So, uh, what do you all think? Comments and criticism appreciated!
10/10 mlg.
Seriously tho, good job on descriptions and stuff dawg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom