• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I don't know if anyone here has seen that one Star Fox Zero video (yes, some content of the game is currently leaking) but it's pretty great. Kinda gives me a 64 feeling, which is good.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Is this thread slowly experiencing a revival? Whatever is happening, I'm glad that some old friends are back along with some new guys.

The Social Asylum may be in top form, Dr. FalKoopa FalKoopa .

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't know if anyone here has seen that one Star Fox Zero video (yes, some content of the game is currently leaking) but it's pretty great. Kinda gives me a 64 feeling, which is good.
I've been avoiding footage so I can experience all of it when I play it myself.

But I appreciate that the gameplay footage is being received positively.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
View attachment 103004

Here's basically what I wanted out of Smash 4's roster, since we know it's the end and all. The "?" slots are all for the max number of characters I thought the game would have had, but I didn't know who exactly to put in those spots.

• Waluigi Takes To The Court! He fights by utilizing moves from his various appearances. His Final Smash is him hypnotizing the other fighters with awesome dance moves, similar to Luigi's Final Smash in Brawl.

• Dixie Kong Whirls into Action! King K.Rool Krushes the Kompetition! Dixie is a slower, but more powerful version of Diddy with a lot of hair-based attacks and K.Rool acts as a very heavy version of Samus with a stronger melee game. Dixie's Final Smash is a more powerful version of DK's, while K.Rool spawns a horde of Kremlings to overwhelm the battlefield.

• Young Link Dons the Mask! He has the framedata of Toon Link but has Fire Arrows. His Final Smash involves him using the Goron Mask to barrel through enemies, which if connected is an instant KO.

• Ridley Razes the Battlefield! Sylux Hunts the Competition! Ridley is very fast and powerful, but surprisingly light while Sylux is slower and less powerful, but has a more mindgame-heavy playstyle.

• Dark Pit, Dr. Mario and Lucina all become alternate costumes for Pit, Mario and Marth. To compensate, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit's moves have become customs for the appropriate characters.

• Sceptile Slashes Into Battle! Garchomp Cuts In! Sceptile is a fast and aggressive character who excels at combos and zoning. His recovery is a tad weak, though. Garchomp is similar, but he excels in close combat and spacing, with a better recovery. Both have Mega Evolutions as their Final Smashes, with Sceptile using Leaf Blade and Garchomp using Draco Meteor.

• Ivysaur Whips In! Squirtle Surfs To Battle! These two are basically unchanged from Brawl, but Ivysaur's Down Special is now Razor Leaf, while Squirtle's is Bubble. Ivysaur's Final Smash is Solar Beam, while Squirtle's is Hydro Pump.

• Wolf Drops Into Battle! Krystal Senses a Fight! Wolf is given a new Final Smash which involves him calling in a airstrike by Star Wolf. Krystal is more projectile-based than any other Star Fox character, and her Final Smash involves a powerful burst of magic from her staff.

• Black Shadow Charges In! Black Shadow is basically only here to beef the roster up, as he's just a way to dump Ganon's old moveset onto another fighter, but at least he's from a series that doesn't involve swords! His Final Smash is him jumping into his F-Zero machine and running down all players caught in his way.

• Inkling Paints the Competition! Inkling is a unique character because of the way they can interact with their projectiles. When paint is placed onto the battlefield, an Inkling can use their Squid Form to travel through the ink quicker than running! But even this has a weakness; crouch attacks force the Inkling back to their humanoid form. Inklings have male and female alts, and their Final Smash involves them covering the field in ink and turning into a Kraken to devastate the battlefield.

• Ice Climbers Reach the Peak! The Icies are relatively unchanged from Brawl, however wobbling is made harder to execute as effectively as it was before. Their Final Smash now rises much faster and can KO while rising.

• Isaac Pushes In! Isaac is basically what he is in Super Smash Flash 2, as that's the perfect moveset for him in Smash.

• Klonoa Dreams Up A Fight! Klonoa's playstyle is basically a solo Ice Climber, with a better recovery to compensate. His Final Smash involves him and Hewpoe tag-teaming his enemies.

• Shadow Controls the Carnage! Knuckles Knocks the Match! Shadow and Knuckles are both highly different from Sonic, only sharing a NAir. Shadow's moveset emphasizes his Chaos Powers much more heavily, while Knuckles' moveset is more based on martial arts. Both still have their Super Forms as a Final Smash, but they are more useful for amplifying attacks than ramming into things.

• Bomberman Blows Up the Fight! Bomberman is basically like Duck Hunt, but with very few physical attacks; almost all his moves revolve around his various bombs and how he can use them. His Final Smash involves him dropping a large rain of bombs down on his opponents.

• Banjo and Kazooie Eggsecute The Competition! The bear and bird are a unique pair since they can swap between themselves during a match with their Down Special. Banjo's moveset revolves around using Kazooie as a weapon, while Kazooie's moveset revolves around her natural abilities, as well as both using the powerups they gain along their journies. Their Final Smash causes Kazooie to turn into a dragon, which allows the duo to roast the competition while greatly enhancing Kazooie's abilities.

• Crash Bandicoot Whirls into Action! Crash's moveset, like Banjo and Kazooie's, revolves around the many abilities he gains throughout his adventures. Between pulling out a fruit bazooka, turning into a violent tornado or even bodyslamming, Crash is as crazy a fighter as he is in the brain! His Final Smash is him using a Golden Aku-Aku Mask; which causes an instant K.O when he touches you.

• Rayman Rushes In! Rayman's moveset is all about ranged melee; as he has no arms or legs, his floating hands and feet can go further than other fighters, making him surprisingly well-ranged for a...floating limbless guy. His Final Smash involves him summoning his team to beat down his opponents.

• Shantae Dances Her Way In! Shantae's playstyle is all about mindgames; all her Smashes look similar, meaning it's hard for an opponent to guess what she's trying to do. She's quick on her feet and able to do serious damage with that hair! Her Final Smash involves her tricking Risky Boots into firing onto the battlefield.

• Shovel Knight Butts In! Shovel Knight's moveset is basically what Scrooge McDuck's might look like; using his handy shovel as a tool with which to bounce upon, value dearly and smack enemies in the face with. Sure, he uses some magic here and there, but the shovel is his most prominent tool. His Final Smash gives him every upgrade he can have at once; with which he can use to dig his opponent's grave with the same shovel he defeated them with.
You put Shadow in, but not the Eggman?

No way, I can't believe this!

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Anyone else getting Dark Souls 3? If so what class ya choosing...
I am, but 100% blind.
I'll probably just pick whatever has the best mix of Str/Dex. Quality builds have always been my favorite to play.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Ladies and Gentleman, I would like to tell you guys that the Spanish Community has BANNED Bayonetta.

Dang, will Bayonetta be banned everywhere else, becoming the reincarnation of the Brawl Meta Knight incident, FIND OUT NEXT TIME AT SUPER SMASH BROS FOR NINTENDO 3DS AND WII U!

(So God of War 4 was announced, or is this a late April Fools joke,)

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Heya guys! I saw we were sharing some rosters? I hope you guys don't mind if I share what I would like out of Smash 4, or any Smash game (mostly any Smash game)

Here's my reasoning.
Toad: Come on, do I need to explain? Okay, fine. Toad is super iconic and arguably the most major Mario character who has yet to appear. He's got loads of moveset potential, and has been playable in numerous Mario games. I can't believe he's not already in!

Paper Mario: My personal most wanted character. Paper Mario is an iconic and loved series by gamers everywhere, and Paper Mario has such awesome moveset potential, and could even utilize his partners.

Waluigi: Dude.

Ashley: Ashley is the most iconic WarioWare character besides Wario himself and is very loved in Japan and has a fanbase in America as well. She'd add a unique magic-based moveset and more witchy stuff then Bayonetta, which would make for a great moveset and character.

King K. Rool: I mean..he's King K. Rool..

Tingle: I know this'll get me flack. But believe it or not, Tingle is HUGE in Japan. He's got his own spin-off game series. And Tingle is arguably pretty major in Zelda, at least for what's considered major. He's appeared in like at least half of all the Zelda games, and is even playable in Hyrule Warriors.

Impa: She's becoming increasingly prominent in the series, and I feel she'd have a very cool moveset inspired by all the different iterations of her over time.

Ganon: Him and Vaati are the only Zelda villains we see regularly. Ganon could bring an unheard of trident based moveset and be a unique new heavyweight villain.

Side note: I understand if you think Zelda is overpopulated! I just couldn't decide between the 3 of them.

New Pokemon Character: To represent Sun and Moon.

Bandana Dee: The last most prominent Kirby character who isn't in Smash yet. He's part of the big 4 by now, and is HUGE in Japan and arguably REALLY BIG in America too. Also, the spear would bring a whole new moveset, like Ganon's trident.

Azura: Completely biased choice, but to give some kinda poor reasoning, Fates does represent a whole new generation of Fire Emblem and it'll be a major game in the series for years to come. It and Awakening are arguably the most popular FE's yet. Once again, she's a bias choice.

Sylux: We need a new Metroid rep, and Sylux will become prominent soon enough, which is confirmed by the developers. He's got a good fanbase and is the least problematic Metroid character they could add by now imo.

Goroh: F-Zero also needs a new rep. Goroh would bring a cool, heavy-weight samurai moveset focused on going all out with his katana. He's also pretty much one of the top 5 most popular F-Zero characters.

Isabelle: Most popular and major Animal Crossing character for the past 3 years, and is universally adored.

Alph: Would be a semi-clone of Olimar. Pikmin is popular and big enough to warrant a new rep, and I feel that Alph, being the main protagonist of 3, would be a great fit.

Elma: Xenoblade isn't a big hit right now but it's pretty big and respected. I feel in the years to come we'll see more of Xenoblade and surely a new game, and Elma is basically the protagonist of X. She'd bring an awesome moveset too, utilizing guns and swords.

King Hippo: This was partially just to fill in a slot to make a complete row. But also because Punch-Out is a big and well-known series and has a long history with Nintendo, and King Hippo is pretty iconic as far as Punch-Out characters go. He'd be a great 2nd rep for Punch-Out.

Inkling: No explanation needed.

Isaac: Protagonist of a "classic" Nintendo RPG with a small but strong fanbase who would bring a very unique moveset. Check out SSF2 for what it could be like. Not much other explanation necessary imo.

Chibi-Robo: This little guy is important to Nintendo and loved by gamers, even if he may be dead now.

Karate Joe: Tough choice between him and the Chorus Kids, but Joe won out. Rhythm Heaven undeniably needs a rep, and Joe, who's appeared in all games and is pretty popular, is a great choice, as he can incorporate both martial arts and the minigames of Rhythm Heaven.

Starfy: While Starfy isn't the biggest series, it's at least pretty popular, and has got one game in the West. Starfy would be a fun unexpected character who could have a fun moveset inspired by things like his costumes and his power-ups.

Mallo and Dillon: These 2 represent the two most popular E-Shop series. Nintendo loves to push it's E-Shop, and a ton of things are on it these days, but these 2 are still the kings, at least Mallo is. They would represent the E-Shop and bring unique and well-known characters to the battle along with inventive movesets, like Mallo's puzzle moveset or Dillon's cowboy moveset.

Dr. Lobe: A funny choice, but one I feel Sakurai would pick. Dr. Lobe is the mascot of Big Brain Academy, which isn't exactly a big series. But, Dr. Lobe has popped up elsewhere, like in Mario Maker; he's still relevant, surprisingly. He could bring a hilarious brain-based moveset and be a Pac-Man character, in that he'd use unorthodox moves and all types of random things to make a big and creative moveset.

Nikki: Nikki is a bit of a mini mascot for Nintendo these days. She got her start in Swapnote, being the mascot of it, until she moved on to her own games, such as a quiz show game. She's popular and gamers seem to like her, and like Dr. Lobe, she's very relevant, having appeared in Mario Maker and making frequent appearances in the Badge Arcade. She'd be a random pick but not an unwarranted one.

EBA: Elite Beat Agents is a "cult classic" and a first party game that was unique and fun. It was positively received, and I think the EBA would bring an amazing new thing to Smash; 3 characters in one, who would all focus on rhythm and music. It'd represent those little stand-alone DS games and also Ouendan, which is a mostly Japanese game franchise EBA is a part of.

Style Savvyist: The ultimate random pick. Style Savvy is a decently popular and well-selling game that's popped up every once in a while in recent years on Nintendo consoles. The Style Savvyist would bring a fashion-based moveset and as a character would be the next WFT character; NO ONE was expecting her.

Dr. Eggman: Sonic is very close with Nintendo and I don't see why it shouldn't get a new rep. Dr. Eggman is one of gaming's most iconic villains and easily the most unique from Sonic, Smash Bros Moveset-wise, of the main Sonic characters. He would be like Bowser Jr in that he rides around in a mech, and would be a fun and humorous character that I think would get completely positive reception. Who DOESN'T love Eggman?

Jack Frost: Shin Megami Tensei is a popular series in both Japan and America, and it's spin-off, Persona, is popular as well. Jack Frost is the mascot of Atlus, who develops all Megami Tensei games. Jack has appeared in just about all of them, and he is constantly pushed as the mascot. He also has deep Nintendo roots, having been given a spin-off for the Virtual Boy. Fans love Jack Frost in both Japan and America and while 4 Sega reps could be total overkill, I feel that Jack's fame as an Atlus character would push him in.

Phoenix Wright: EVERYONE LOVES WRIGHT. Ace Attorney is the most popular courtroom game series of all time, and Phoenix Wright is likely the most popular Capcom character not in Smash. He's already got ideas for a moveset because of UMVC3, as well.

Heihachi: He was actually considered for Smash 4, but they couldn't make a moveset for him. Which makes no sense, and now that Ryu is in, I feel that sole issue has been remedied. Tekken is one of the most famous fighting game series of all time, and Heihachi is the most popular character of it and represents it in crossovers. Namco is also a huge company and should probably get 2 reps.

Jibanyan: Yo-Kai Watch is MASSIVE in Japan and saw a positive English release last fall. Jibanyan is the mascot of the series and could use moves inspired by his various evolutions and more. I feel Yo-Kai Watch would represent Level-5 greatly, and Level-5 is best friends with Nintendo. His main obstacle is Layton, but Layton has not reached his level of popularity in Japan.

Maxwell: Scribblenauts has been on various Nintendo consoles and is a hit with audiences and critics. The developer, 5th Cell, is going through some tough times right now, but the actual publisher, Warner Bros, is huge in gaming, and I feel Maxwell is the best choice for a Warner Bros/5th Cell rep.

Blood Falcon: Would likely take Ganondorf's current Smash moveset and would be a new F-Zero rep which fans have been clamoring for for years.

Dixie Kong: DK has been underrepped in Smash and I think 2 new reps would do it just fine. Dixie is a main character of the series and a popular one at that.

Pichu Bros: Technically veterans. Pichu but with new moves and a unique twist; there's two of him! The Pichu Bros are prominent in the anime and decently well-liked and would make Pichu much more unique and liked in the Smash fandom.

Badge Bunny: I have a feeling Badge Bunny will be a mini mascot alongside Nikki, and he basically already is. He's the mascot of a popular 3DS app and appeared in Mario Maker like Nikki and Dr. Lobe. But we'll have to wait and see!

I cut Roy because too many Fire Emblem reps.

Nabbit: I feel he's gonna be like Rosalina. He's already appeared in Paper Jam and he's starting to appear more and more in spin-offs and even in mainline games. By Smash 5 he'll be a core part of Mario, I think.

ExciteBiker: Imagine a character who NEVER gets off their vehicle (besides Jr). This is ExciteBBiker! He'd be a cool addition and be a short-sized motorcyclist and a great retro rep.

Mario & Luigi: Supposed to be a duo of MARIO AND LUIGI Mario & Luigi. Like, as in the series. This specific version of the brothers could be a lot more pixelly and in the Mario & Luigi artstyle to differenate them. Also Luigi's candy socks. They could pull off a lot of interesting duo attacks, with the Bro Attacks, their hammers, and even items.

Fawful: Easily the most iconic original Mario RPG character behind Geno. I feel Fawful and Mario & Luigi (and maybe Paper Mairo) could have their own sub-series. Fawful would have an amazing moveset, I don't think I must explain that.

Barbara: A nice new newcomer to rep a whole new Nintendo series that seems to be pretty big in Japan. Not much more to say.

Layton: Would rep Warner Bros alongside Jibanyan. If we only got Jibanyan after how much Layton has done for gaming and Nintendo, and how much he's been requested for Smash, it'd be a bit of a crime.

Poochy: Slight slight slight bias pick. But Poochy is the most major Yoshi-original character, and is reccuring in the franchise and prominent in Woolly World. I'm thinking he'd team up with Ukiki, also from Yoshi, for a new and exciting kind of moveset unlike Duck Hunts.

Viridi: Didn't wanna do this but I felt the need to. Kid Icarus may get a new game by thee time Smash 5 comes out, and even then, every single other series repped has a good amount of reps and I wouldn't say it's unfair to add her in especially with the moveset she could bring, and how she's a fan favorite.

Fossil Fighter: Fossil Fighters is a pretty popular Nintendo series yhet to be repped with a character or stage in Smash. Imagine playing a literal, awesome T-Rex in Smash. There's a ton of cool Fighters to choose from from th Fossil Fighter series as well so how can you go wrong?

Master Chief: Here's the real big addition. Chief could rep Microsoft and is their best option, closely followed by Steve. Chief is an ICON of gaming and revolutionized first person shooters. He's still massive and popular today with Halo 5. I feel that if Snake and Cloud were included despite being Playstation icons, Chief can get in despite being an Xbox one.

I do hope this isn't against any rules; I don't think it is, since I saw someone post their rosters on a previous page, but I just love discussing Smash rosters with other people and figured this would be one of the best ways to well, 'bond' with you guys.

Last edited:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Heya guys! I saw we were sharing some rosters? I hope you guys don't mind if I share what I would like out of Smash 4, or any Smash game (mostly any Smash game)

Here's my reasoning.
Toad: Come on, do I need to explain? Okay, fine. Toad is super iconic and arguably the most major Mario character who has yet to appear. He's got loads of moveset potential, and has been playable in numerous Mario games. I can't believe he's not already in!

Paper Mario: My personal most wanted character. Paper Mario is an iconic and loved series by gamers everywhere, and Paper Mario has such awesome moveset potential, and could even utilize his partners.

Ashley: Ashley is the most iconic WarioWare character besides Wario himself and is very loved in Japan and has a fanbase in America as well. She'd add a unique magic-based moveset and more witchy stuff then Bayonetta, which would make for a great moveset and character.

Tingle: I know this'll get me flack. But believe it or not, Tingle is HUGE in Japan. He's got his own spin-off game series. And Tingle is arguably pretty major in Zelda, at least for what's considered major. He's appeared in like at least half of all the Zelda games, and is even playable in Hyrule Warriors.

Impa: She's becoming increasingly prominent in the series, and I feel she'd have a very cool moveset inspired by all the different iterations of her over time.

Ganon: Him and Vaati are the only Zelda villains we see regularly. Ganon could bring an unheard of trident based moveset and be a unique new heavyweight villain.

Side note: I understand if you think Zelda is overpopulated! I just couldn't decide between the 3 of them.

Bandana Dee: The last most prominent Kirby character who isn't in Smash yet. He's part of the big 4 by now, and is HUGE in Japan and arguably REALLY BIG in America too. Also, the spear would bring a whole new moveset, like Ganon's trident.

Azura: Completely biased choice, but to give some kinda poor reasoning, Fates does represent a whole new generation of Fire Emblem and it'll be a major game in the series for years to come. It and Awakening are arguably the most popular FE's yet. Once again, she's a bias choice.

Sylux: We need a new Metroid rep, and Sylux will become prominent soon enough, which is confirmed by the developers. He's got a good fanbase and is the least problematic Metroid character they could add by now imo.

Goroh: F-Zero also needs a new rep. Goroh would bring a cool, heavy-weight samurai moveset focused on going all out with his katana. He's also pretty much one of the top 5 most popular F-Zero characters.

Isabelle: Most popular and major Animal Crossing character for the past 3 years, and is universally adored.

Alph: Would be a semi-clone of Olimar. Pikmin is popular and big enough to warrant a new rep, and I feel that Alph, being the main protagonist of 3, would be a great fit.

Elma: Xenoblade isn't a big hit right now but it's pretty big and respected. I feel in the years to come we'll see more of Xenoblade and surely a new game, and Elma is basically the protagonist of X. She'd bring an awesome moveset too, utilizing guns and swords.

King Hippo: This was partially just to fill in a slot to make a complete row. But also because Punch-Out is a big and well-known series and has a long history with Nintendo, and King Hippo is pretty iconic as far as Punch-Out characters go. He'd be a great 2nd rep for Punch-Out.

Isaac: Protagonist of a "classic" Nintendo RPG with a small but strong fanbase who would bring a very unique moveset. Check out SSF2 for what it could be like. Not much other explanation necessary imo.

Chibi-Robo: This little guy is important to Nintendo and loved by gamers, even if he may be dead now.

Karate Joe: Tough choice between him and the Chorus Kids, but Joe won out. Rhythm Heaven undeniably needs a rep, and Joe, who's appeared in all games and is pretty popular, is a great choice, as he can incorporate both martial arts and the minigames of Rhythm Heaven.

Starfy: While Starfy isn't the biggest series, it's at least pretty popular, and has got one game in the West. Starfy would be a fun unexpected character who could have a fun moveset inspired by things like his costumes and his power-ups.

Mallo and Dillon: These 2 represent the two most popular E-Shop series. Nintendo loves to push it's E-Shop, and a ton of things are on it these days, but these 2 are still the kings, at least Mallo is. They would represent the E-Shop and bring unique and well-known characters to the battle along with inventive movesets, like Mallo's puzzle moveset or Dillon's cowboy moveset.

Dr. Lobe: A funny choice, but one I feel Sakurai would pick. Dr. Lobe is the mascot of Big Brain Academy, which isn't exactly a big series. But, Dr. Lobe has popped up elsewhere, like in Mario Maker; he's still relevant, surprisingly. He could bring a hilarious brain-based moveset and be a Pac-Man character, in that he'd use unorthodox moves and all types of random things to make a big and creative moveset.

Nikki: Nikki is a bit of a mini mascot for Nintendo these days. She got her start in Swapnote, being the mascot of it, until she moved on to her own games, such as a quiz show game. She's popular and gamers seem to like her, and like Dr. Lobe, she's very relevant, having appeared in Mario Maker and making frequent appearances in the Badge Arcade. She'd be a random pick but not an unwarranted one.

EBA: Elite Beat Agents is a "cult classic" and a first party game that was unique and fun. It was positively received, and I think the EBA would bring an amazing new thing to Smash; 3 characters in one, who would all focus on rhythm and music. It'd represent those little stand-alone DS games and also Ouendan, which is a mostly Japanese game franchise EBA is a part of.

Style Savvyist: The ultimate random pick. Style Savvy is a decently popular and well-selling game that's popped up every once in a while in recent years on Nintendo consoles. The Style Savvyist would bring a fashion-based moveset and as a character would be the next WFT character; NO ONE was expecting her.

Dr. Eggman: Sonic is very close with Nintendo and I don't see why it shouldn't get a new rep. Dr. Eggman is one of gaming's most iconic villains and easily the most unique from Sonic, Smash Bros Moveset-wise, of the main Sonic characters. He would be like Bowser Jr in that he rides around in a mech, and would be a fun and humorous character that I think would get completely positive reception. Who DOESN'T love Eggman?

Jack Frost: Shin Megami Tensei is a popular series in both Japan and America, and it's spin-off, Persona, is popular as well. Jack Frost is the mascot of Atlus, who develops all Megami Tensei games. Jack has appeared in just about all of them, and he is constantly pushed as the mascot. He also has deep Nintendo roots, having been given a spin-off for the Virtual Boy. Fans love Jack Frost in both Japan and America and while 4 Sega reps could be total overkill, I feel that Jack's fame as an Atlus character would push him in.

Phoenix Wright: EVERYONE LOVES WRIGHT. Ace Attorney is the most popular courtroom game series of all time, and Phoenix Wright is likely the most popular Capcom character not in Smash. He's already got ideas for a moveset because of UMVC3, as well.

Heihachi: He was actually considered for Smash 4, but they couldn't make a moveset for him. Which makes no sense, and now that Ryu is in, I feel that sole issue has been remedied. Tekken is one of the most famous fighting game series of all time, and Heihachi is the most popular character of it and represents it in crossovers. Namco is also a huge company and should probably get 2 reps.

Jibanyan: Yo-Kai Watch is MASSIVE in Japan and saw a positive English release last fall. Jibanyan is the mascot of the series and could use moves inspired by his various evolutions and more. I feel Yo-Kai Watch would represent Level-5 greatly, and Level-5 is best friends with Nintendo. His main obstacle is Layton, but Layton has not reached his level of popularity in Japan.

Maxwell: Scribblenauts has been on various Nintendo consoles and is a hit with audiences and critics. The developer, 5th Cell, is going through some tough times right now, but the actual publisher, Warner Bros, is huge in gaming, and I feel Maxwell is the best choice for a Warner Bros/5th Cell rep.

Blood Falcon: Would likely take Ganondorf's current Smash moveset and would be a new F-Zero rep which fans have been clamoring for for years.

Dixie Kong: DK has been underrepped in Smash and I think 2 new reps would do it just fine. Dixie is a main character of the series and a popular one at that.

Pichu Bros: Technically veterans. Pichu but with new moves and a unique twist; there's two of him! The Pichu Bros are prominent in the anime and decently well-liked and would make Pichu much more unique and liked in the Smash fandom.

Badge Bunny: I have a feeling Badge Bunny will be a mini mascot alongside Nikki, and he basically already is. He's the mascot of a popular 3DS app and appeared in Mario Maker like Nikki and Dr. Lobe. But we'll have to wait and see!

Nabbit: I feel he's gonna be like Rosalina. He's already appeared in Paper Jam and he's starting to appear more and more in spin-offs and even in mainline games. By Smash 5 he'll be a core part of Mario, I think.

ExciteBiker: Imagine a character who NEVER gets off their vehicle (besides Jr). This is ExciteBBiker! He'd be a cool addition and be a short-sized motorcyclist and a great retro rep.

Mario & Luigi: Supposed to be a duo of MARIO AND LUIGI Mario & Luigi. Like, as in the series. This specific version of the brothers could be a lot more pixelly and in the Mario & Luigi artstyle to differenate them. Also Luigi's candy socks. They could pull off a lot of interesting duo attacks, with the Bro Attacks, their hammers, and even items.

Fawful: Easily the most iconic original Mario RPG character behind Geno. I feel Fawful and Mario & Luigi (and maybe Paper Mairo) could have their own sub-series. Fawful would have an amazing moveset, I don't think I must explain that.

Barbara: A nice new newcomer to rep a whole new Nintendo series that seems to be pretty big in Japan. Not much more to say.

Layton: Would rep Warner Bros alongside Jibanyan. If we only got Jibanyan after how much Layton has done for gaming and Nintendo, and how much he's been requested for Smash, it'd be a bit of a crime.

Poochy: Slight slight slight bias pick. But Poochy is the most major Yoshi-original character, and is reccuring in the franchise and prominent in Woolly World. I'm thinking he'd team up with Ukiki, also from Yoshi, for a new and exciting kind of moveset unlike Duck Hunts.

Viridi: Didn't wanna do this but I felt the need to. Kid Icarus may get a new game by thee time Smash 5 comes out, and even then, every single other series repped has a good amount of reps and I wouldn't say it's unfair to add her in especially with the moveset she could bring, and how she's a fan favorite.

Fossil Fighter: Fossil Fighters is a pretty popular Nintendo series yhet to be repped with a character or stage in Smash. Imagine playing a literal, awesome T-Rex in Smash. There's a ton of cool Fighters to choose from from th Fossil Fighter series as well so how can you go wrong?

Master Chief: Here's the real big addition. Chief could rep Microsoft and is their best option, closely followed by Steve. Chief is an ICON of gaming and revolutionized first person shooters. He's still massive and popular today with Halo 5. I feel that if Snake and Cloud were included despite being Playstation icons, Chief can get in despite being an Xbox one.

I do hope this isn't against any rules; I don't think it is, since I saw someone post their rosters on a previous page, but I just love discussing Smash rosters with other people and figured this would be one of the best ways to well, 'bond' with you guys.
Well this is social thread, pretty much anything goes as long as it's not offensive / spam

More villains to the roster sounds great haha, and ehh, Azura doesn't sound that interesting, but at least she uses lances hah, I'd like rep from older fire emblem games but it ain't happening.

Waluigi should seriously be in.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Here's my reasoning.

This roster is literally insane.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
This roster is literally insane.
How so? Please don't say that then just leave me hanging. If it's because of the number; yeah I guess it's a bit over the line. But what else is wrong with it? By the way, the yellow blocks are just alternate costumes.

Well this is social thread, pretty much anything goes as long as it's not offensive / spam

More villains to the roster sounds great haha, and ehh, Azura doesn't sound that interesting, but at least she uses lances hah, I'd like rep from older fire emblem games but it ain't happening.

Waluigi should seriously be in.
I would like to see reps like Lyn or Hector for Fire Emblem, but for now I don't really want more Fire Emblem reps; added Azura cause bias.

And yeah he really should.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
How so? Please don't say that then just leave me hanging. If it's because of the number; yeah I guess it's a bit over the line. But what else is wrong with it? By the way, the yellow blocks are just alternate costumes.

I would like to see reps like Lyn or Hector for Fire Emblem, but for now I don't really want more Fire Emblem reps; added Azura cause bias.

And yeah he really should.
Cause it's giant and has Master Chief

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Cause it's giant and has Master Chief
I addressed the giant part, and I'm aware Chief seems like a silly choice but I did give some reasoning for him. And remember how Cloud ever getting into Smash was ridiculed? But regardless I understand if you don't want him in at all.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I addressed the giant part, and I'm aware Chief seems like a silly choice but I did give some reasoning for him. And remember how Cloud ever getting into Smash was ridiculed? But regardless I understand if you don't want him in at all.
I'd be down for Master Cheif he just wouldn't make sense.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908

Here's my reasoning.

Some of the choices are a bit odd (Mario, Luigi, and then... Mario and Luigi?), but I give you credit for Starfy, Tingle, and Waluigi. :b:

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I know it sounds really silly but I honestly be cool with Master Chief in Smash Bros. if it were at all possible.

Halo is a cornerstone of gaming in the same way games like Street Fighter, Sonic the Hedgehog and Final Fantasy 7 are. Imagine Mario, Sonic, Link, Cloud and MC going at it in the same game. It'd be like a Gamefaqs character battle come to life lol.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Man is it fun to watch JoJo with others. Even when you know what's gonna happen, the hype is still present ! Even more when your (girl)friend is new to the series.

Soon, she'll know how evil Araki is with his characters.

Anyway, what's going on here ?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Some of the choices are a bit odd (Mario, Luigi, and then... Mario and Luigi?), but I give you credit for Starfy, Tingle, and Waluigi. :b:
I explained that, I think. Mario & Luigi are supposed to represent the >RPG< Mario & Luigi duo, from the games (like Superstar Sega, Bowser's Inside Story) and would have a moveset like so.

I know it sounds really silly but I honestly be cool with Master Chief in Smash Bros. if it were at all possible.

Halo is a cornerstone of gaming in the same way games like Street Fighter, Sonic the Hedgehog and Final Fantasy 7 are. Imagine Mario, Sonic, Link, Cloud and MC going at it in the same game. It'd be like a Gamefaqs character battle come to life lol.
That is basically my mindset. It's the Mario of FPS's and lord knows how big those are these days.

I'd be down for Master Cheif he just wouldn't make sense.
Okay, that I can understand.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
What happened, exactly?
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...sh_community_is_considering/d1rgmql?context=3

Basically, someone used the generic "lol you guys need to git gud" comment, I replied by stating ways in which Bayonetta could harm the meta's growth and why banning her is, while not my optimal choice to deal with her, is one I feel might be needed to avoid a Brawl Meta Knight situation where everyone has a Bayo as a main or somewhere in their arsenal, and once more I basically just got told "git gud" and downvotes came in.

So I reply and now the votes are starting to fluctuate a bit.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Here's my reasoning.

Eh, it looks okay to say the least, but I'd really take out Fawful and Eggman.

Geno Boost

Smash Master

Here's my reasoning.

I would replace Mario & Luigi with Geno because what's the point of having 2 reps ML seires and 1 PM rep and leave SMRPG in the dust...

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
So, an article about Bayonetta being banned was posted to Nintendo Life, of all places. Sure enough, the comments were filled with ignorant users who really don't know anything about competitive Smash. I rounded up the best comments I could find, just for fun.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
So, an article about Bayonetta being banned was posted to Nintendo Life, of all places. Sure enough, the comments were filled with ignorant users who really don't know anything about competitive Smash. I rounded up the best comments I could find, just for fun.

The first clue is their avatars. :p

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Here's my reasoning.

I'm a bit surprised that you chose Blood Falcon over Black Shadow.

I didn't like the cutting of Roy, and getting him replaced by Azura, because Fates hasn't done anything to deserve two characters, not to mention that there is nothing representing the GBA games in the series now, which were the ones that actually introduced Fire Emblem to the West, and still recommended for people starting out with the series.

Points for Waluigi and Tingle.

I'm confused by Mario&Luigi... What kind of moveset would they have?

:231:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'm confused by Mario&Luigi... What kind of moveset would they have?

Well, as LTP said they are based on their M&L appearances, it might work. It might be tricky, but there's still some moveset potential. As a gimmick they could have they can change positions, but that might be potentially OP because of two movesets and impractical because of the chaotic matches.

Depending on who's in front, as recovery they could use either the High Jump (Superstar Saga) or the Spin Jump.
They could use either Firebrand or Thunderhand from Superstar Saga. Firebrand as a sort of dash attack, exactly like in SSS, or Thunderhand that acts as a stunning move which does a little damage.
They could use hammers, which is the same move as the Ice Climbers' Smash attack.
Final Smash would be Mega Thwonk from Paper Jam.

Essentially, you only control the brother who's in the back. Kind of a reverse Ice Climbers, yes.

I agree it would be odd to have both seperate Mario & Luigi and a duo Mario & Luigi, though. Paper Mario would make more sense to 'represent' the Mario RPGs.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I agree it would be odd to have both seperate Mario & Luigi and a duo Mario & Luigi, though. Paper Mario would make more sense to 'represent' the Mario RPGs.
He already included Paper Mario.

ANYWAY...
The Bowser vs. Ganon Death Battle is the hot topic of the day.

What did you think of the result? :p This was the first time I was actually invested on one side winning, and was disappointed. Ah well.

Looks like Jak & Daxter vs. Rachet & Clank is next.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
The Bowser vs. Ganon Death Battle is the hot topic of the day.

What did you think of the result? :p This was the first time I was actually invested on one side winning, and was disappointed. Ah well.
tumblr_inline_o4jv0izYAo1rbtgkd_540.jpg

Predictable. The mighty wizard Kranando is OP in his series, while King Koopa had no chance to kill his opponent.
I was just waiting to see how Kranando would win the fight. It was actually pretty neat.

Anyway, hi everyone, what is up ?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I think I'll write a review for the game Dr. Tomy (an unlicensed Korean arcade game ripping off Dr. Mario).

Spoiler alert: It sucks

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
View attachment 103080
Predictable. The mighty wizard Kranando is OP in his series, while King Koopa had no chance to kill his opponent.
I was just waiting to see how Kranando would win the fight. It was actually pretty neat.

Anyway, hi everyone, what is up ?
I have begin a level based off RE4 first area: The Village.
It's like a recreation of the level in SMM. I have already done the first house. Of course, i will probably not do the entire village. Just atleast to the town where you have survive against the Ganados in the original game.
For now, it's going good.
Also, hi.:007:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom