• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Is there any risk? Should we change our personal information?

ShadowPho3nix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pho3nixWizard
3DS FC
2105-9806-7393
Last edited by a moderator:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The official tier list is a good start and will obviously change. People complaining about it saying it's "too early" must have neglected the preliminary tier lists made prior to DLC fighters. Once more tournaments, patches, and new techniques occur, placements will change.

I guess not everyone can take a step back and use the ol' thinking machine once in a while.

ShadowPho3nix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pho3nixWizard
3DS FC
2105-9806-7393
Tier list is out already? Where can I find it?
smashboards home page or right here: http://smashboards.com/threads/first-official-4br-smash-for-wii-u-tier-list.429817/

The official tier list is a good start and will obviously change. People complaining about it saying it's "too early" must have neglected the preliminary tier lists made prior to DLC fighters. Once more tournaments, patches, and new techniques occur, placements will change.

I guess not everyone can take a step back and use the ol' thinking machine once in a while.
I don't care about the time, I just think it needs to be consolidated a little.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I don't care about the time, I just think it needs to be consolidated a little.
The only way a tier list can be consolidated is if more drafts are made. We're about two years into Smash 4's lifespan. Having a tier list available to start with will allow more members that are added into the BR to add in relevant information regarding new techniques, matchups, and patch changes that affect certain characters.

Luig

Confused
The only way a tier list can be consolidated is if more drafts are made. We're about two years into Smash 4's lifespan. Having a tier list available to start with will allow more members that are added into the BR to add in relevant information regarding new techniques, matchups, and patch changes that affect certain characters.
I know, but still, when this first brawl or melee tier list was released, the meta was underdeveloped, but it wasn't this underdeveloped...

ShadowPho3nix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pho3nixWizard
3DS FC
2105-9806-7393
I think I may have worded that poorly. I just mean all high, middle, low, and bottom tier groups need to be grouped into one (A, B, C into A+, A, A-).

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I know, but still, when this first brawl or melee tier list was released, the meta was underdeveloped, but it wasn't this underdeveloped...
It's pretty developed. I mean, we have the internet, that makes a whole bunch of stuff faster.

Luig

Confused
It's pretty developed. I mean, we have the internet, that makes a whole bunch of stuff faster.
Yes, very developed, a 2 year old game that releases patches regularly

I mean, it's developed, and I like the tier list, but I think we probably should have waited till AFTER the last major patch....

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I think I may have worded that poorly. I just mean all high, middle, low, and bottom tier groups need to be grouped into one (A, B, C into A+, A, A-).
I agree that while the tier list is a decent template to work with, it has many problems. Namely, the groupings. The spacing for the tier list is a mess since the jumps between letters doesn't take into account the varied strengths of the characters in each tier. Many characters in mid should have fell into A-, B+, etc.

Ordering them within a letter isn't enough.

Luig

Confused
I agree that while the tier list is a decent template to work with, it has many problems. Namely, the groupings. The spacing for the tier list is a mess since the jumps between letters doesn't take into account the varied strengths of the characters in each tier. Many characters in mid should have fell into A-, B+, etc.

Ordering them within a letter isn't enough.
Yeah, we need more letters.
4 to put Sheik in Goku tier.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Yeah, we need more letters.
4 to put Sheik in Goku tier.
Goku is a low tier anime character. Saitama, Superman, and Shippuden Cory lvl 5 all murder the mess out of him.

Bad comparison is bad.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Yes, very developed, a 2 year old game that releases patches regularly

I mean, it's developed, and I like the tier list, but I think we probably should have waited till AFTER the last major patch....
Aside from a few cases, I don't think patches have made that drastic of a change that we absolutely have to wait till the last one. I mean, we've had so many patches and yet the top tiers and the bottom tiers are still pretty much the same with a few shuffled at most one or two spaces. The real problem is just the whole middle part, but even then it's nothing too drastic.

Luig

Confused
Aside from a few cases, I don't think patches have made that drastic of a change that we absolutely have to wait till the last one. I mean, we've had so many patches and yet the top tiers and the bottom tiers are still pretty much the same with a few shuffled at most one or two spaces. The real problem is just the whole middle part, but even then it's nothing too drastic.
Fair point.
It's still kinda dumb to release a tier list that could be obsolete in 2 days tho....

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Fair point.
It's still kinda dumb to release a tier list that could be obsolete in 2 days tho....
The tier list has a very, very high chance of not being made obsolete.
Likely the most they'll have to do is add Corrin and Bayo in there and move a few characters.
I mean iirc the only characters that had major changes in placement so far were Greninja and Diddy.

Luig

Confused
The tier list has a very, very high chance of not being made obsolete.
Likely the most they'll have to do is add Corrin and Bayo in there and move a few characters.
I mean iirc the only characters that had major changes in placement so far were Greninja and Diddy.
Not if they actually balance correctly.

But that'll never happen.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Fair point.
It's mainly to incite discussion and to actually have something. Besides, I doubt the tier list will change too much.
Not if they actually balance correctly.

But that'll never happen.
What do you mean balance correctly?

Luig

Confused
It's mainly to incite discussion and to actually have something. Besides, I doubt the tier list will change too much.

What do you mean balance correctly?
at least make it so that the low tiers have a chance. Not perfect, but give them a chance.

And yes i know Skill< MUs.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
at least make it so that the low tiers have a chance. Not perfect, but give them a chance.

And yes i know Skill< MUs.
Easier said than done. I doubt no buffs will ever help Zelda lest they make her broken. She needs an entire overhaul

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Glad that HackBoards was taken care of.

I think they should have waited for the last patch before making the tier list.

Half of the characters were untouched in the December patch and I believe they will be buffed/adjusted in the next one.

:231:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
What is a caucus?... I always read it as calculus

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
The voting in Iowa that decides on, for the state itself, its candidate to put into the Presidential race. It's the primary basically for the Republican and Democratic parties, and Iowa's is the first one, and it's a bit of a battleground state in its primaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom