• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Not necessarily, considering Sakurai is a Fire Emblem fan himself.

And really? By the time Roy, Ryu and Lucas were available I was already satisfied with the game. Are you still not satisfied despite having a 55+ roster? How much longer do you expect him to stick around with Smash 4, which would also prevent him from moving on to a new project?

:231:
Not to mention adding an entire new mode wouldn't have possibly left them enough time to add any of the characters we got.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Not necessarily, considering Sakurai is a Fire Emblem fan himself.

And really? By the time Roy, Ryu and Lucas were available I was already satisfied with the game. Are you still not satisfied despite having a 55+ roster? How much longer do you expect him to stick around with Smash 4, which would also prevent him from moving on to a new project?

I just feel like he kind of just shut things off unceremoniously at the end.

I mean, even with Cloud, they didn't even bother giving his stage more than the minimum two songs or getting his English voice in.

The last video presentation, with just those two and nothing else for people who weren't interested in maining them (like stages), just felt like he kinda just wanted to get it over with.
Like he's just saying "There, the game's dead, now go home".

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

I mean, even with Cloud, they didn't even bother giving his stage more than the minimum two songs or getting his English voice in.

The last video presentation, with just those two and nothing else for people who weren't interested in maining them (like stages), just felt like he kinda just wanted to get it over with.
Videogames can't get content forever. There's gonna come an end eventually and Smash 4's end happens to be February 2016.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
You know, it's not even that Corrin is a bad idea...but it's kind of a lame sendoff for Smash 4, especially considering the INSANE things this game has brought to the franchise. Like, who the **** thought that they'd ever be able to have Cloud and Link fight outside of dumb Brawl mods? Who thought friggin' Ryu and Mega Man were ever going to be in Smash? Smash 4 has been the most hype-worthy Smash game because of it's post-launch content, which is a feat I rarely see in modern games.

Corrin and Bayo kind of miss that memo; they're not massive, WTFOMGBBQ-style bombshells...they're just kind of there. It's so damn underwhelming. If the DLC was capped off with, say, Wolf and Ridley or Ridley and K.Rool, then that'd be a satisfying end to Smash 4 DLC.

Seriously hoping the Smash NX rumors are true, and that means we'll get more DLC for that version.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Videogames can't get content forever. There's gonna come an end eventually and Smash 4's end happens to be February 2016.
You know, it's not even that Corrin is a bad idea...but it's kind of a lame sendoff for Smash 4, especially considering the INSANE things this game has brought to the franchise. Like, who the **** thought that they'd ever be able to have Cloud and Link fight outside of dumb Brawl mods? Who thought friggin' Ryu and Mega Man were ever going to be in Smash? Smash 4 has been the most hype-worthy Smash game because of it's post-launch content, which is a feat I rarely see in modern games.

Corrin and Bayo kind of miss that memo; they're not massive, WTFOMGBBQ-style bombshells...they're just kind of there. It's so damn underwhelming. If the DLC was capped off with, say, Wolf and Ridley or Ridley and K.Rool, then that'd be a satisfying end to Smash 4 DLC.

Seriously hoping the Smash NX rumors are true, and that means we'll get more DLC for that version.
Basically, what this guy said.

...except the "hoping for Smash NX" thing. The NX can just go straight to hell.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I won't disagree that it felt lacklustre (there were several characters who dwarfed them in popularity), but how long do you expect us to have a grudge over it? It's just a game in the end.

I don't think it's worth blowing up over.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I won't disagree that it felt lacklustre (there were several characters who dwarfed them in popularity), but how long do you expect us to have a grudge over it? It's just a game in the end.

I don't think it's worth blowing up over.

I'm someone with screwed-up priorities due to having nothing else in life. I tend to blow things out of proportion because my world is tiny.

Red-White

Smash Apprentice
Also what are you guys talking about "sendoff for smash 4"? The game isn't dying. We can still play it and all that. After all pretty much the whole point of smash bros. is the smash bros. themselves y'know?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Also what are you guys talking about "sendoff for smash 4"? The game isn't dying. We can still play it and all that. After all pretty much the whole point of smash bros. is the smash bros. themselves y'know?
Not after the NX rears its ugly head.

Remember how Brawl's servers were shut down a couple years ago as soon as the Wii U came out? Yeah.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The true sendoff for Smash will be Sheik getting bodied by nerfs hopefully

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Do we even know if this will be the final patch?

Not adding new content anymore doesn't means they can stop working on the game's balance.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Aren't they trying to bring brawl back though?
No...? Where did you hear that?

If you're referring to how PM was assassinated, that has nothing to do with wanting to bring Brawl back. Companies take unreasonable action over things they no longer profit from all the time.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Do we even know if this will be the final patch?

Not adding new content anymore doesn't means they can stop working on the game's balance.
I assumed the last patch would come with Correntta since the development team have to work on other things. Keep in mind Sakurai said they couldn't stay together for long so this might be the last one.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok guys I just did a java assignment and I have the potential to make it very hilarious.

The basic idea is it;s a story with characters, there';s some that saves other and some that gets attacked etc, it;s really printed in an irc like chat with the character and what he says.

Currently, to test it, I know the program works already because i tested it with dummy values, but because I want to have some fun, I will let you choose one character :)

What I have so far is a dog from a comic series save a movie character from Rawk Hawk from TTYD (it's as hilarious as it sounds).

So, what I want you to do is tonight (I have until Thursday to lend the thing, but I don't want to wait so long) is pick ANY movie character name then pick 2 different things that character would say when he is getting attacked and if possible, make it easy for me to translate it in French :)

If I don;t get suggestions, i will just keep my dummy values....which sucks :(

I just want to remind you you can pick ANYTHING as long as it;s safe to present to my teacher (no cursing or anything violent).

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
ECH

Got too greedy on a drawthread (re-requested something because my delivery was unsatisfactory. Did it in the most unintentionally-picky way possible) and payed the price for it. (No, I'm not upset)

So anyway how's everyone doing tonight?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Somebody sounds ungrateful.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
The Fine bros - Is it too late now to say sorry? :4duckhunt::4duckhunt::4duckhunt:(I made the video)
Though I disagree with what they're doing, part of me can't help but feel a little bad for them. Like in one of their latest videos talking about this fiasco, they look like they're gonna cry. And that bothers me.
Sure, I think what they were trying to do was a bad idea, but still. :ohwell:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
So, I watched Chandelure's trailer, and...

I'm sorry, I just find it hilarious that in the mainline Pokemon games (at least, according to the Pokedex), Chandelure is a sadistic demon who abducts human souls and destroys them with fire.

Then, you've got Pokken Chandelure, who is... a carefree anime girl who attacks by initiating slap fights.

I'm not even mad, I just find it hilarious. :p

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Though I disagree with what they're doing, part of me can't help but feel a little bad for them. Like in one of their latest videos talking about this fiasco, they look like they're gonna cry. And that bothers me.
I don't actually feel bad for them. Not at all. Specially taking their past behaviour into account.
https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/com...t_yell_about_the_react_trademark_lets/czh3w9f

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Eh. I got Cloud, so I don't give a damn that Corrin and Bayonetta are playable. Sure, there are better options, and I do agree they're terrible sendoffs, but Cloud's reveal really makes up for it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
aldelaro5 aldelaro5
So I installed Windows 10 yesterday. Everything went well and I updated the GRUB so both Windows and Linux Mint appear in the menu at start-up.

For some reason though, the date and time seem to be messed up both Windows and Linux. This problem only happened after installing Windows, so i'm wondering if there is any connection between them. It is 1 hour behind on Windows and 20 hours ahead on Linux. Like, what the heck.

Is this a known issue?

Simperheve

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Simperheve
aldelaro5 aldelaro5
So I installed Windows 10 yesterday. Everything went well and I updated the GRUB so both Windows and Linux Mint appear in the menu at start-up.

For some reason though, the date and time seem to be messed up both Windows and Linux. This problem only happened after installing Windows, so i'm wondering if there is any connection between them. It is 1 hour behind on Windows and 20 hours ahead on Linux. Like, what the heck.

Is this a known issue?

Has it changed your Regional settings at all? Could be it's put you into the wrong timezone. Also, if you set the time manually, does it stay at the correct time or does it change itself back?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Has it changed your Regional settings at all? Could be it's put you into the wrong timezone. Also, if you set the time manually, does it stay at the correct time or does it change itself back?
I have done that much. The timezone is set correctly.

I guess I'll just disable the online time sync if it refuses to go away.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well I feel like they deserved what happened to them.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
I am fine with the final dlc. it isn't the best send off, but I can handle Corrin's existence. Bayonetta was a good choice.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Thanks to the thread title I learned Corrinetta is coming this Thursday. Thanks, PalKoopa!

Sure, they may be not the best send-offs (I have a couple concerns about Bayonetta) but it's just a game, an unimportant yet fun thing in the world that's called life.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Somebody sounds ungrateful.
I'm not, but it's just kind of weird for DLC to be ending on such a divisive pair of inclusions; I'd have really expected a bit more from the Smash Ballot than one character.

Corrin is the obvious "omg not another fe character" complaint and Bayonetta is the "wait, she won the ballot?" complaint (because how did she even get more votes than Wolf?). Neither are big jaw-dropping reveals on the level of Mega Man or Mewtwo's, Ryu's or especially Cloud's.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
There are two ways to interpret Wolf not getting the ballot win.

Either Nintendo deemed Wolf too unimportant to the game as a second rate clone and wanted a unique newcomer or people didn't vote for Wolf because "he was a shoo-in".

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
There are two ways to interpret Wolf not getting the ballot win.

Either Nintendo deemed Wolf too unimportant to the game as a second rate clone and wanted a unique newcomer or people didn't vote for Wolf because "he was a shoo-in".
Or it could be that Bayonetta was actually more popular on the Ballot and got more votes than Wolf, like Sakurai explicitly stated in the Presentation.

Crazy thought, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom