• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red-White

Smash Apprentice
Can we just ban all keys with functionality other than letters numbers and punctuation in this thread? Can that be a rule?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Is insert even needed on the keyboard anymore?
It has some use (largely for time-saving) in programming, but nothing besides that.

I ban the letter "e"
If you use that, thefinebros will have to pay me $10.
Looks like we're going back to the age of enclyclopædias, mediæval age and Æther. :4myfriends:

:231:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I read Corrineta as "Corneta" and now Im laughing hard

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
So I just browsed some random Youtube videos and people are now making "finebros copyright" jokes.
Looks like we've got ourselves a new meme, guys.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Oh Rysir, silly Rysir... You're weird too, don't you know? You'll always be a part of our dysfunctional family.

Always.
Hmm I dunno.

Okay you got me! You're right!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I just browsed some random Youtube videos and people are now making "finebros copyright" jokes.
Looks like we've got ourselves a new meme, guys.
This will referenced every time someone gets too excited about copyrighting something, just the "7.8/10 Too much X" jokes.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Friendly reminder; if you're going to play FE Fates, please pirate it, don't buy it.

#BoycottCorrin

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
No, I'm just feeling increasingly pissed that this is the final DLC pack as it draws closer.
That's a bit unnecessary to protest your dislike of the last DLC. You aren't obligated to buy Corrin but that doesn't mean that you should hold onto the feeling that "X" should have gotten in over him/her. What's done is done.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I liked Corrin's inclusion MUCH more than Bayonetta, so nope, sorry.

I'm not thrilled about Bayonetta, either, but at the very least, she got in fair and square. Corrin was pure executive meddling through and through.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Just to be clear: I wouldn't be this upset if it wasn't the end.

But since it is, and this is Smash 4's last gasp before the NX screws it over, I feel I have a right to be upset.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Seriously though, if you don't like Corrin, just don't buy him.

I don't know why you're telling us to pirate Fates. That's overreacting.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Corrin was pure executive meddling through and through.
I'm sorry...what?

Why is Corrin's inclusion labeled "executive meddling" when the same logic could be applied to any other guest newcomer in the series that was squeezed into the roster? Sure, he's another FE character that not many were happy with his inclusion yet Sakurai utilized elements from his launch game that diversified him enough from the rest of the crop (forced corn joke).

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Not an option. ****ing OCD and competitive obligations...
Are you a TO in your area? Even then, you are not forced to play him nor main him upon release. I cannot fathom why there needs to be such a vehement dislike towards a fictional character.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
An old episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy always reminds me of this phrase: "If you don't have something good to say... it is better to not say anything"

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
An old episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy always reminds me of this phrase: "If you don't have something good to say... it is better to not say anything"
I always thought that show was obnoxious, personally, sooo...

...also, I just realized Space Stranger was replying to me. I didn't see it at first because I don't think his jokes are funny, so he's on my Ignore list. So gimme a sec.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
...also, I just realized Space Stranger was replying to me. I didn't see it at first because I don't think his jokes are funny, so he's on my Ignore list. So gimme a sec.
Wahoo I'm being ignored! Glad to see I have so many fans of my content!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Are you a TO in your area? Even then, you are not forced to play him nor main him upon release. I cannot fathom why there needs to be such a vehement dislike towards a fictional character.
To be fair, to do well he still needs to learn the match-up. Competitive players are sort of obligated to buy all the character DLC if they want to stay at the top of their game.

I have less of an issue with him boycotting Corrin and more with venting that anger on Fates. As if it was Intelligent System's fault that Corrin was added.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm sorry...what?

Why is Corrin's inclusion labeled "executive meddling" when the same logic could be applied to any other guest newcomer in the series that was squeezed into the roster? Sure, he's another FE character that not many were happy with his inclusion yet Sakurai utilized elements from his launch game that diversified him enough from the rest of the crop (forced corn joke).
Even Sakurai thinks there's too many FE characters. The reason he diversified Corrin as a character was because, even though he didn't have a say in his inclusion, he didn't want to half-ass it. He's a professional who doesn't sabotage things out of spite.

I can't tell you how many times I was left frustrated because a given console didn't have my main :4mewtwo:. I don't want to do that to anyone else just in case THEY main him, even if I can't possibly imagine why. Also, what FalKoopa said.

To be fair, to do well he still needs to learn the match-up. Competitive players are sort of obligated to buy all the character DLC if they want to stay at the top of their game.

I have less of an issue with him boycotting Corrin and more with venting that anger on Fates. As if it was Intelligent System's fault that Corrin was added.

...but it WAS Intelligent System's fault.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It likely isn't. Sakurai is at the helm, and I seriously doubt that Intelligent Systems forced him to add Corrin.

It was probably Sakurai himself or a higher up at Nintendo. I don't believe IS can do much besides suggest him an idea.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Even Sakurai thinks there's too many FE characters. The reason he diversified Corrin as a character was because, even though he didn't have a say in his inclusion, he didn't want to half-*** it. He's a professional who doesn't sabotage things out of spite.
I'm well aware. The too many FE characters complaint is legitimate yet differentiating the characters does at least ease their inclusion into the roster. It's much better to have dragon lord, hard-hitting lord, and a sword-Mage hybrid over 6 different shades of Marth.
I can't tell you how many times I was left frustrated because a given console didn't have my main :4mewtwo:. I don't want to do that to anyone else just in case THEY main him, even if I can't possibly imagine why. Also, what FalKoopa said.
That's fair, your original wording of how you felt "forced" threw me off. If you want to perform well with your mains, you will have to exploit and identify the weaknesses of each character that you may be faced with in a match.

This, however, I cannot agree with. IS is at fault just because Sakurai decided to include the new lead of their game in Smash? IS had little to do with the decision. Sakurai was responsible for including Corrin and molding him to fit Smash since he ultimately decides who gets in and who doesn't.

The fact that Corrin is in Smash prior to his game's release is just free "advertising". Boycotting Fates over Sakurai's decision is childish considering they weren't ultimately responsible. The game could have still sold with or without Corrin's inclusion.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
It likely isn't. Sakurai is at the helm, and I seriously doubt that Intelligent Systems forced him to add Corrin.

It was probably Sakurai himself or a higher up at Nintendo. I don't believe IS can do much besides suggest him an idea.

Well, no matter if it was IS or Nintendo, the point is, it was someone other than Sakurai's fault that SSB4's getting such a barebones sendoff.

We could have had at least a couple more stages or a mode or something...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, no matter if it was IS or Nintendo, the point is, it was someone other than Sakurai's fault that SSB4's getting such a barebones sendoff.

We could have had at least a couple more stages or a mode or something...
Not necessarily, considering Sakurai is a Fire Emblem fan himself.

And really? By the time Roy, Ryu and Lucas were available I was already satisfied with the game. Are you still not satisfied despite having a 55+ roster? How much longer do you expect him to stick around with Smash 4, which would also prevent him from moving on to a new project?

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
How cute. Someone thinks Sakurai should only add characters that that someone wants. Classic.
I have a name for people like Saikyoshi Saikyoshi . Too bad SB won't allow me to write it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom