• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And I finally saw that Pikachu Holmes trailer. Oh my goodness. I NEED MORE. It's one of those things that are so weird that you want them because of the sheer novelty of the idea. :laugh:

And title changed appropriately.

:231:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Hound of the Baskervilles is an incredibly scary book. The first book ever to unnerve me actually. Several times I had goosebumps while reading it.
Doyle was a genius. Pity he is no longer alive.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Jim said my exact thoughts on it.
"Am I the only one that notices the blatant, ****ing hypocrisy when game developers cry that their games are finished too quickly and then traded in to the evil used games market while essentialy allowing the player to buy their way to total completion?"
Instead of listening to Gamergate supporters like Jim Sterling or TotalBiscuit, how bout you listen to actual GameDevs like the blog I linked multiple times or Extra Credit?

I was hoping he touched upon the pay-to-win kind of micro transactions. Oh well. Those are the things I really dislike about today's mobile gaming. The kind you see in Pokémon Shuffle and Candy Crush.

Badge Arcade on the other hand is the best way I've seen micro transactions handled, in any game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I need to follow that channel. I pretty much agree with everything he said.

Candy Crush and Pokémon Shuffle fall into the first category, I believe. Where the challenge comes from how far you can go without paying money.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Instead of listening to Gamergate supporters like Jim Sterling or TotalBiscuit, how bout you listen to actual GameDevs like the blog I linked multiple times or Extra Credit?

"Gamergate supporters"
Really? Gamergate died months ago, thankfully, and using it as a way to discredit someone is Youtube comment section levels of silly. I also never gave two ****s about that controversy in the first place. It was one of the stupidest arguments ever on the Internet, and it was so poorly explained (since people were way too busy harassing women and doxxing others) that to this day I still don't know what it means to be pro or against it.

And what makes you assume I don't like Extra Credits? I love their channel and videos. I used to binge watch dozens of them an year ago, and recently I started to go back to them, in great part because I'm aspiring to become a game developer myself.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
"Gamergate supporters"
Really? Gamergate died months ago, thankfully, and using it as a way to discredit someone is Youtube comment section levels of silly. I also never gave two ****s about that controversy in the first place. It was one of the stupidest arguments ever on the Internet, and it was so poorly explained (since people were way too busy harassing women and doxxing others) that to this day I still don't know what it means to be pro or against it.

And what makes you assume I don't like Extra Credits? I love their channel and videos. I used to binge watch dozens of them an year ago, and recently I started to go back to them, in great part because I'm aspiring to become a game developer myself.
Some would argue it's been dead since day one, but that doesn't mean there aren't people still pushing it's "ideologies". /r/KotakuInAction comes to mind.

You've brought up Jim Sterling multiple times without realizing that he's a very small subset of gamers. You could bring up how much you agree with Jim, how right he is about the state of the industry. But at the end of the day, he's a very small representation of gamers as a whole. He, and many personalities like him, are not who game developers target to because they're extremely hard to target and not even worth it. Also, they're shallow.

Keep watching Extra Credit, they're good.
Wait, since when is Jim Sterling a Gamergate supporter!?
I thought he was, but nah, just TotalBiscuit.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Some would argue it's been dead since day one, but that doesn't mean there aren't people still pushing it's "ideologies". /r/KotakuInAction comes to mind.

You've brought up Jim Sterling multiple times without realizing that he's a very small subset of gamers. You could bring up how much you agree with Jim, how right he is about the state of the industry. But at the end of the day, he's a very small representation of gamers as a whole. He, and many personalities like him, are not who game developers target to because they're extremely hard to target and not even worth it. Also, they're shallow.

Keep watching Extra Credit, they're good.

I thought he was, but nah, just TotalBiscuit.
The reason I mention him is because he, most of the time, brings up very good points when talking about the shady and scummy happenings on the gaming industry. Frankly, his SJW-ish content never really mattered to me. I watch him to see him talking about the **** ups of the gaming industry with a good balance of humor and seriousness.

"Keep watching Extra Credit, they're good."
I never said I would have stopped watching them, did I? :p

"I thought he was, but nah, just TotalBiscuit"
Again, another reason why I never took Gamergate seriously. It was like a witch hunt, people throwing usually false accusations around of "He's a Gamergate supporter! / He's anti-Gamergate!" and never doing anything other than attacking the opposite party.

Jatayu

Regal Eagle
3DS FC
4227-4062-5258
Oh no. I've been pranked. Who could have possibly done it? It totally couldn't been Metal Shop X Metal Shop X ... Thanks... I guess?

Also, on the topic of the Pikachu detective game... I don't know why I feel this way, but the voice feels perfect.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
You guys remember how there was talk about Fairly Oddparents shoehorning in another character?
They went for a Mary Sue this time. Oh joy.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So Nina is finally added into Tekken 7. Don't know what the deal is with the wedding dress. But whatever, it looks cool since it's a bit torn up and stuff. Either way, glad to see one of my favorite characters back.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
So Nina if finally added into Tekken 7. Don't know what the deal is with the wedding dress. But whatever, it looks cool since it's a bit torn up and stuff. Either way, glad to see one of my favorite characters back.

Stood up at the altar, Nina is pissed off and eager to slap a *****. I'm enjoying the torn wedding dress concept a lot more than I should.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
When you have too many games but your console doesn't have enough space...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
What's wrong with that? Hacking is exciting~

glitch hunting is too :)

fun fact, I just saw a playlist from the speedrunning group of paper mario (don;t ask why they put a paper jam channel, it was originally a joke and it stayed there) and the playlist has video of gltiches......

Let's just say this, they used the DT engine which was known for being bad at collision and had lots of stuff going on.

The pj is A LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT worse, seriously, some clips looks WAY too easy they managed to severely break the engine even more.

Oh and the cs are dumb in the game, I am going to more detail what was bad in my review (cause I beat the game), but let;s just say it's clear the game was partially rushed, not SS rushed, more like super mario sunshine rushed, the game is still very good despite that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wait? Pokken is gonna be at EVO? Seems like a bit of an odd choice. Not that I mind it too much. I don't know, I guess I would have figured another game was gonna take it's place.

For anyone wondering what the major games are here's the list of the main stage games.

Street Fighter 5(obviously)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3(obviously)
Super Smash Bros. For Wii-U
Super Smash Bros. Melee(also obvious)
Tekken 7(Not sure if it'll be out for on consoles before EVO)
Pokken
Mortal Kombat X
Killer Instinct
Guilty Gear Xrd: Revalator

EDIT: I'm not sure if USF4 is getting another year or not.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
POKKEN¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
What's wrong with that? Hacking is exciting~

I took a stab at Super Metroid hacking. It's a little too easy to completely screw up your ROM though... EarthBound hacking looks a bit more forgiving though thanks to CoilSnake, so I might give that a try.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As much as I like Smash, having two Smash games on the main stage, yet only one Street Fighter seems a little off. But since SF5 is brand new, they might not want to have any attention taken from it.

Anyway, I'm hoping to see a couple of good Mega Man matches in Smash. He's mid-tier so I'm sure some good players will use him(Zucco and StylesX2 come to mind.) Would definitely like to see more Spider-Man in MvC, like we did in 2012.

Still a iffy on Pokken being there. I'm sure the game has depth, but isn't it supposed to be less in depth than something like Tekken? As in, that's an intentional design choice?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I took a stab at Super Metroid hacking. It's a little too easy to completely screw up your ROM though... EarthBound hacking looks a bit more forgiving though thanks to CoilSnake, so I might give that a try.
That's probably because unlike in disk based games, catridge games contain everything - text, music, sprites and code - in just one single file. If you mess one pointer, you likely end up screwing up everything.

Modern games store stuff separately, so the damage is limited.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
mmm, can't wait for EVO. Pokken seems like a suprise to me. I thought about pre-ordering it the other day but decided not to. I'm still not sure whether I should make getting it a priority for me. I feel like it should be, who wouldn't want a Pokemon fighting game? Maybe if Snorlax was playable haha.
I should be going to a small smash tourney tomorrow. Hopefully it actually happens this time. Last time it was holiday season, so only me, my friend and one other showed up. At least I made it into top 3.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If the game gets localized in America Im sure they will find a way to pull that phrase.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
As much as I like Smash, having two Smash games on the main stage, yet only one Street Fighter seems a little off. But since SF5 is brand new, they might not want to have any attention taken from it.

Anyway, I'm hoping to see a couple of good Mega Man matches in Smash. He's mid-tier so I'm sure some good players will use him(Zucco and StylesX2 come to mind.) Would definitely like to see more Spider-Man in MvC, like we did in 2012.

Still a iffy on Pokken being there. I'm sure the game has depth, but isn't it supposed to be less in depth than something like Tekken? As in, that's an intentional design choice?
It's because Street Fighter would have too much of an overlap while Smash doesn't. Iirc Smash 4 had more overlap with USFIV than it did Melee

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
So Nina is finally added into Tekken 7. Don't know what the deal is with the wedding dress. But whatever, it looks cool since it's a bit torn up and stuff. Either way, glad to see one of my favorite characters back.

I've waited a long time for her, now all my mains are gonna be in Tekken 7.
I don't know what to think of her dress. I really don't.
I do know that I prefer the classic assassin outfit.

Last edited:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
man going to 4chan's videogames board after getting used to any other social website is like stepping out from a restraunt into a warzone.

lots of negativity, man. you gotta be prepared for lots of negative people, impressively strong arguements on why x sucks, and lots and lots of trolls.

seriously, I almost only go there for drawthreads.

Furret24

Smash Master
man going to 4chan's videogames board after getting used to any other social website is like stepping out from a restraunt into a warzone.

lots of negativity, man. you gotta be prepared for lots of negative people, impressively strong arguements on why x sucks, and lots and lots of trolls.

seriously, I almost only go there for drawthreads.
4chan in general is really unpleasant. I'd just avoid it altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom