• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
It's sad to see local multiplayer become such an uncommon thing on the console industry nowsdays.
"Let people play together using the same copy? Why, we can force them to buy multiple copies instead? MWEHAHAHAHAHAHA" says a greedy game developer/publisher, before diving into their pool of money Scrooge McDuck style.
Local multiplayer is one of the biggest reasons to buy a console in the first place.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I can't remember the last time I posted something SM related
Anyway, the artwork for Crystal Season 3 has been revealed

The lipsticks are gone! (except for Pluto) and the faces look more rounder. I like this change a lot because the characters now look refreshed and doesn't look like dolls; basically this is a blend of the 90s style with the new one with a Precure touch.

There was a director change so hopefully the new one will make a better job than the first one (considering Crystal has been mostly a trainwreck of bad animation and plot ****ups)

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It's sad to see local multiplayer become such an uncommon thing on the console industry nowsdays.
"Let people play together using the same copy? Why, we can force them to buy multiple copies instead? MWEHAHAHAHAHAHA" says a greedy game developer/publisher, before diving into their pool of money Scrooge McDuck style.
Or rather there's a different reason.

Not everything is "GREEEEEED". Depending on the game and the vision the devs have for it, local multiplayer may or may not be a priority. 343i for example really wanted to push a constant 60FPS, and it shows when you realize how many tricks they've done to pull it off. But because of this, they also had to cut local multiplayer. Mario Kart on the other is striving for a great, party experience and therefore does have local multiplayer.

But I suppose greed is an easier thing to blame it on.

Edit: I suggest a lot of people follow that blog. I have a better appreciation of game devs and the industry as a whole because of it

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, I'll be back at college tomorrow. And the daily gruel starts again. :p

I also need to restart my side-hobbies.

:231:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
On the subject on Death Battle and the like, how would you want Death Battle to end if it got a final episode?

I'd personally go for a last man standing free-for-all between all the competitors that ever appeared on the series.

Yes, even the joke ones.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
About that forgotten detective game with a talking Pikachu?

It just got revealed:

I'm actually curious to this. A Pikachu with that voice is hilarious.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

It just got revealed:

Kind of weird to hear and adult male voice coming from Pikachu (makes sense given Sherlock Homes), though at the same time I'm kind of glad they didn't go the stereotypical shonen route.

Anyway some quick thoughts:

1. Between this, Greninja's Trailer, and Pokemon Go I'm really liking the new 3D models.

2. $5 says Pikachu gets a Detective Hat alt for Smash 5.

3. There are going to be SO MANY gifs generated from this game.

4. INB4 some silly user changes their avatar/title/username to overhype/lulz.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

It just got revealed:

What's with that grown ass man voice for Pikachu? The game seems a little weird for my taste. But I'm sure someone will like it.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Or rather there's a different reason.

Not everything is "GREEEEEED". Depending on the game and the vision the devs have for it, local multiplayer may or may not be a priority. 343i for example really wanted to push a constant 60FPS, and it shows when you realize how many tricks they've done to pull it off. But because of this, they also had to cut local multiplayer. Mario Kart on the other is striving for a great, party experience and therefore does have local multiplayer.

But I suppose greed is an easier thing to blame it on.

Edit: I suggest a lot of people follow that blog. I have a better appreciation of game devs and the industry as a whole because of it
I wouldn't have blamed it on greed, but considering the state of gaming industry nowdays...
Couch mp has been a thing since the beginning of gaming, and the machinery has only become more powerful.

This attitude of spending your entire budget on the graphics department and leaving nearly nothing for gameplay (hello The Order), then crying about how "games are too expensive to make" to cram in as much DLC and microtransactions as possible and how the sales didn't meet your astronomical expectations is stupid, and you are the only one to blame. You were the one to spend millions on improving graphics so you could impress those ******* who lick their TV screens and cry when a wall in a game looks too blurry. (Like the tools who outraged, said they would boycott Remedy after they discovered Alan Wake, a damn good looking game, was running at 960x540 instead of 1280x720).

I think I've been watching too much Jim Sterling videos...

On the subject on Death Battle and the like, how would you want Death Battle to end if it got a final episode?

I'd personally go for a last man standing free-for-all between all the competitors that ever appeared on the series.

Yes, even the joke ones.
I heard it's going to be a fight between Wiz and Boomstick. Would be awesome if it's real.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908

It just got revealed:

I really don' know why to say, other than this is fantastic and it needs to come to the west as soon as physically possible.

Side note: if it does get localized, Pikachu needs to have a Layton-esque British man voice, please.

edit: Oops, double-quote. Is that even a thing?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It just got revealed:

That voice is so unfitting, but it works well with such type of game they're releasing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

It just got revealed:

I'm still hoping Looker shows up in this game. It'd be an awful missed opportunity if he doesn't.

That, and I still love the fan theory that this Pikachu is actually Looker after a mishap with Bill's machine. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm still hoping Looker shows up in this game. It'd be an awful missed opportunity if he doesn't.

That, and I still love the fan theory that this Pikachu is actually Looker after a mishap with Bill's machine. :p
Ash was turned into a Pokemon in the anime too. And not during the Kanto portion, but a later season. Plus, the Mystery Dungeon series does this often. It's plausible.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Lol I've been away from Terraria so long I missed the Fishing update. Fishing is pretty fun. I like the ability to be able to collect even more ****. I also like the new Fishing Quests. That's probably my most favorite addition. It adds more things to do in game and gives me a reason to build more things, like fishing huts for each biome. The added potions makes solo farming easier too. Lots of juicy stuff, really. But my most favorite update of all time?

Doors automatically open and close simply by walking through them. :4ness:

Besides that, I finally tried out Cloud. At first he seemed kind of dope-y moveset-wise, but I'm starting to understand him more and more. His aerial uptilt is really cool for follow-ups, and meteor smashing with his aerial side tilt is so much more satisfying then Mario's.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Lol I've been away from Terraria so long I missed the Fishing update. Fishing is pretty fun. I like the ability to be able to collect even more ****. I also like the new Fishing Quests. That's probably my most favorite addition. It adds more things to do in game and gives me a reason to build more things, like fishing huts for each biome. The added potions makes solo farming easier too. Lots of juicy stuff, really. But my most favorite update of all time?

Doors automatically open and close simply by walking through them. :4ness:

Besides that, I finally tried out Cloud. At first he seemed kind of dope-y moveset-wise, but I'm starting to understand him more and more. His aerial uptilt is really cool for follow-ups, and meteor smashing with his aerial side tilt is so much more satisfying then Mario's.
Cloud is really one of the only 3 characters I play as ana moye. lol

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
So I've been playing Final Fantasy 6 for the GBA on my phone for a while, and the pricing in stores confuses me.
I mean, why is a camping tent more expensive than an item that can bring someone back to life?
And if magic has been extinct for so long, why do some merchants sell ethers that restore MP and have no other benefit?
Is it like the Final Fantasy equivalent of snake oil?

Funny nitpicking aside, it's a great game. I'm REALLY not a fan of ATB combat as it generally boils down to "mash attack and hope the enemy doesn't randomly decide to hit you twice", but since your characters are pretty powerful, battles give you a fair amount of money and you are able to steal items from enemies, I can deal with it.

View attachment 93921
This isn't even funny. It's just stupid.

Oop, this picture is mine now.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Cloud is really one of the only 3 characters I play as ana moye. lol
Yeah I'm mainly using just Cloud so I can get practice with him. Otherwise my other main is Lucario, and a juggle between ROB, Kirby, King Dedede, and Little Mac.

Now if you don't mind me going off topic for a moment, I have a small question regarding your post I'd like to address:

How did you even accomplish this? Was it seriously on accident? I have to know.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah I'm mainly using just Cloud so I can get practice with him. Otherwise my other main is Lucario, and a juggle between ROB, Kirby, King Dedede, and Little Mac.

Now if you don't mind me going off topic for a moment, I have a small question regarding your post I'd like to address:

How did you even accomplish this? Was it seriously on accident? I have to know.
Yeah i meant any more... I don't know how that happened lol

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Yes, even the joke ones.
Sanic vs Weegee.

With better animation and actual facts. Either way, it would be a glorious final fight. :troll:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I hope Detective Pikachu gets a british voice actor

:4dunban:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah i meant any more... I don't know how that happened lol
I knew what you meant, but on the scale of how many funny mis-spellings I've seen here, this one tops them all. I tried pronouncing it and I sounded like some stereotypical black women having an angry moment. :laugh:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I wouldn't have blamed it on greed, but considering the state of gaming industry nowdays...
Couch mp has been a thing since the beginning of gaming, and the machinery has only become more powerful.

This attitude of spending your entire budget on the graphics department and leaving nearly nothing for gameplay (hello The Order), then crying about how "games are too expensive to make" to cram in as much DLC and microtransactions as possible and how the sales didn't meet your astronomical expectations is stupid, and you are the only one to blame. You were the one to spend millions on improving graphics so you could impress those ******* who lick their TV screens and cry when a wall in a game looks too blurry. (Like the tools who outraged, said they would boycott Remedy after they discovered Alan Wake, a damn good looking game, was running at 960x540 instead of 1280x720).

I think I've been watching too much Jim Sterling videos...

I heard it's going to be a fight between Wiz and Boomstick. Would be awesome if it's real.
I think you have.

You chose one game that had insanely great graphics but mediocre gameplay. But what if I chose a game with insanely great graphics and great gameplay, Witcher 3. What's that?! Graphics don't actually affect the gameplay as much as you thought it did? Also, did you just call people *******?

DLC isn't bad, nor are microtransactions.

No devs aren't cutting content.

Also, local multiplayer has been declining. How do they know? They collect data!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
That Detective :4pikachu: is pretty neat (and funny to hear that voice on it) which got my attention.

And someone was nice enough to translate the trailer too:

EDIT: WHOOPS! Wrong media!

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I think you have.

You chose one game that had insanely great graphics but mediocre gameplay. But what if I chose a game with insanely great graphics and great gameplay, Witcher 3. What's that?! Graphics don't actually affect the gameplay as much as you thought it did? Also, did you just call people *******?

DLC isn't bad, nor are microtransactions.

No devs aren't cutting content.

Also, local multiplayer has been declining. How do they know? They collect data!
"You chose one game"
I chose it as an EXAMPLE. It's not the only game to put graphics over gameplay.

"What if I chose a game with insanely great graphics and great gameplay?"
Except I wasn't talking about those kinds of games. I was talking about the kind I mentioned before. I have nothing against the Witcher, in fact it's one of my favorite games of last year, and CD Projekt Red are one of the very few developers I deeply respect and like.

"Graphics don't actually affect the gameplay as much as you thought it did?"
Again, I was talking about games that prioritize looking pretty rather than playing well.

"Did you call people *******?"
Yes. The people who treat graphics as the only defining factor of a game's quality.
"This is a pretty good game I'm playing. What's that? That random brick lying on the floor is not looking HD? OOOMGG !!1!!11 0/10 DO NOT BUY TERRIBLE GAME"

"DLC isn't bad, neither are microtransactions."
Never said they are. When they are shoehorned in for no reason (like in Dead Space 3. "Mobile gamers were expecting microtransactions, so we put them in." ****ing what?) or should have been in the game on the first place (SPECIALLY DISC LOCKED CONTENT), they are inexcusable.

"No devs aren't cutting content."
Another case of "depends on execution". If the game does not need the cut content or still works out without it, it's fine. If it's an entire chapter that was cut that would've solved a cliffhanger (hello MGSV), it's bad. Made worse if the content was cut to later be sold as DLC.

"Also local multiplayer has been declining. How do they know? They collect data!"
Alright. Still sucks to see it nearly gone though.
Tbh, the disappearence of local multiplayer wouldn't be so bad if online multiplayer didn't require you to pay even more money for an Xbox Live Gold/PSN subscription. Thankfully the WiiU didn't follow this.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I was hoping he touched upon the pay-to-win kind of micro transactions. Oh well. Those are the things I really dislike about today's mobile gaming. The kind you see in Pokémon Shuffle and Candy Crush.

Badge Arcade on the other hand is the best way I've seen micro transactions handled, in any game.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I was hoping he touched upon the pay-to-win kind of micro transactions. Oh well. Those are the things I really dislike about today's mobile gaming. The kind you see in Pokémon Shuffle and Candy Crush.

Badge Arcade on the other hand is the best way I've seen micro transactions handled, in any game.

I just watched a video of a father who gave his son a credit card for "emergencies" (father of the year here!) and found a credit card bill of $8,000 from FIFA micro transactions on Xbox.

His son better be damn lucky that Microsoft actually refunded all that $8,000.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I just watched a video of a father who gave his son a credit card for "emergencies" (father of the year here!) and found a credit card bill of $8,000 from FIFA micro transactions on Xbox.

His son better be damn lucky that Microsoft actually refunded all that $8,000.
I heard they said they would only refund him if he brought his own son to court.
Disgusting.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283

Jim said my exact thoughts on it.
"Am I the only one that notices the blatant, ****ing hypocrisy when game developers cry that their games are finished too quickly and then traded in to the evil used games market while essentialy allowing the player to buy their way to total completion?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom