• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
I've been playing through Mega Man 2 again recently; it's still a ton of fun, if a bit overrated. My personal favorite Mega Man game is X4.

What have all of you been up to?

Last edited:

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
The arguments against Corri boil down to him being another FE character. If he was from a different series, no one would have complained.

I think it has a bit to do with Nintendo trying to push Fire Emblem to an A-lister. Maybe Nintendo pitched the Sakurai, and him being the FE fan he is, he was like "Sure. Why not?"

I actually liked Corrin's inclusion more than Bayonetta.

:231:
I like this argument more. I'm mostly just upset that out of all of the possible characters that could have happened, it had to be another FE fighter. It's not even like Dr. Mario or Dark Pit where they didn't "steal" slots from other fighters since they were just alts, Corrin essentially stole a slot from someone else in a way.

I'm not super excited for Bayonetta, I think it seems a little ridiculous. To me, Bayonetta (and Snake for that matter) feel more like they belong in Playstation Allstars or something. They're too different.

Pheva

Smash Cadet
Can I just say I love Toy Story? I could quote that movie all day.
Toy Story?? You are one sad, strange little man...

I like this argument more. I'm mostly just upset that out of all of the possible characters that could have happened, it had to be another FE fighter. It's not even like Dr. Mario or Dark Pit where they didn't "steal" slots from other fighters since they were just alts, Corrin essentially stole a slot from someone else in a way.

I'm not super excited for Bayonetta, I think it seems a little ridiculous. To me, Bayonetta (and Snake for that matter) feel more like they belong in Playstation Allstars or something. They're too different.
I don't think its necessarily because Corrin is from Fire Emblem, though that certainly is some smasher's complaints. Its that literally nobody wanted Corrin. Who was actually demanding Corrin be in this game? And also like you said, Corrin did essentially "steal" a slot from another potential character that people actually care about. If a highly requested Fire Emblem character like Chrom was included, I don't think the controversy would be quite as big.

also bayonetta is dope whas wrong with u

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Toy Story?? You are one sad, strange little man...

I don't think its necessarily because Corrin is from Fire Emblem, though that certainly is some smasher's complaints. Its that literally nobody wanted Corrin. Who was actually demanding Corrin be in this game? And also like you said, Corrin did essentially "steal" a slot from another potential character that people actually care about. If a highly requested Fire Emblem character like Chrom was included, I don't think the controversy would be quite as big.

also bayonetta is dope whas wrong with u
I really truly 100% believe that Chrom would have caused way more uproar than Corrin has. Because Chrom is literally a stock sword fighter. Another Marth alt, and we really really don't need more of those.
(It's bad enough that Lucina is just girl Marth and would have done just fine as an alt like M/F Robin)

I personally don't care for Fire Emblem, I've tried it, I think the battle system is stupid and drawn out and boring. The story is good, I don't like the games themselves, but I've given them their fair share.

As someone said earlier, and I can't find the post, Corrin is literally a commercial for FE Fates, and at that point Sakurai just sold out. Nintendo said hey, advertise this game, and he did just that. It bugs me.

Also Bayonetta is dumb fite me irl n3rd $20 mm

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I really truly 100% believe that Chrom would have caused way more uproar than Corrin has. Because Chrom is literally a stock sword fighter. Another Marth alt, and we really really don't need more of those.
(It's bad enough that Lucina is just girl Marth and would have done just fine as an alt like M/F Robin)

I personally don't care for Fire Emblem, I've tried it, I think the battle system is stupid and drawn out and boring. The story is good, I don't like the games themselves, but I've given them their fair share.

As someone said earlier, and I can't find the post, Corrin is literally a commercial for FE Fates, and at that point Sakurai just sold out. Nintendo said hey, advertise this game, and he did just that. It bugs me.

Didn't Sakurai say that they picked Corrin based on timing for the DLC release?
I one of the Source Gaming articles, it said that he wanted a character from an upcoming game, and FE: Fates was at just the right in terms of development.

Kinda like how Robin & Lucina were only included because of the specific timing of FE: A's release.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Didn't Sakurai say that they picked Corrin based on timing for the DLC release?
I one of the Source Gaming articles, it said that he wanted a character from an upcoming game, and FE: Fates was at just the right in terms of development.

Kinda like how Robin & Lucina were only included because of the specific timing of FE: A's release.
I could list a few upcoming games he could have taken a character from that AREN'T ****ing FIRE EMBLEM lol

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam is one that immediately jumps to my mind. Paper Mario would be a great fighter.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I could list a few upcoming games he could have taken a character from that AREN'T ****ing FIRE EMBLEM lol

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam is one that immediately jumps to my mind. Paper Mario would be a great fighter.
Paper Jam is gonna be released in January, which is before February, which is the scheduled time for Bayo's release.
Fates comes out Mid-February, so it makes more sense in terms of timing.

Also, people would still probably complain about PM's inclusion, because he's not (Insert popular character's name here), and because he would be another Mario character.
And don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Paper Mario.
PM was one of the characters I was rooting for.
But it would totally happen.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Paper Jam is gonna be released in January, which is before February, which is the scheduled time for Bayo's release.
Fates comes out Mid-February, so it makes more sense in terms of timing.

Also, people would still probably complain about PM's inclusion, because he's not (Insert popular character's name here), and because he would be another Mario character.
And don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Paper Mario.
PM was one of the characters I was rooting for.
But it would totally happen.
Yeah. Paper Mario would have been such a unique fighter too. Honestly, I was really hoping for Shovel Knight the most.

Pheva

Smash Cadet

There are many, many ways to swing a sword. Chrom is just an example anyway, as he was highly requested for the game before Lucina and Robin were announced. No matter the character, people are going to like one that was highly requested more than the one who nobody wanted who's games aren't even out worldwide yet, especially as a DLC option.

Yeah. Paper Mario would have been such a unique fighter too. Honestly, I was really hoping for Shovel Knight the most.
Shovel Knight is pretty much the best thing ever, he should really, REALLY be in Smash 5.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
There are many, many ways to swing a sword. Chrom is just an example anyway, as he was highly requested for the game before Lucina and Robin were announced. No matter the character, people are going to like one that was highly requested more than the one who nobody wanted who's games aren't even out worldwide yet, especially as a DLC option.
To say that nobody wanted the character is honestly kinda asinine though, since you know it's not true.
I understand that you're probably just exaggerating, but honestly, I'm just sick and tired of the Smash Fanbase's obsessions with generalization.

D

Deleted member

Here's some progress on what I'm doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pheva

Smash Cadet
To say that nobody wanted the character is honestly kinda asinine though, since you know it's not true.
I understand that you're probably just exaggerating, but honestly, I'm just sick and tired of the Smash Fanbase's obsessions with generalization.
But who was actually requesting Corrin? Where was the outcry for the character to be included? I've even seen the sidekick character from Fates get more demand than Corrin.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Shovel Knight is pretty much the best thing ever, he should really, REALLY be in Smash 5.
Please no
Actually I'm fine with shovel knight cause I have the chars I want now
He's not a shabby choice
As long as we don't get Geno

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I honestly don't see Shovel Knight as a possible contender until his game gets localized in Japan. Not only that, but none of the third party characters who have been in Smash have come from Western companies. Although I suppose anything could change considering we got Cloud and Bayonetta of all possible characters.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I learned that logic is kinda moot and any character will get in if the dev team wants them in
So standards like
"one char per 3rd party"
"series has to be popular"
"series has to be out in japan"
"char has to family friendly"
etc. are pretty much out the window
Even then, it's still absurd to discuss Smash 5's roster when like
4 isn't even complete yet (roster wise, meta wise) and 5 isn't in development nor confirmed in any shape or form
cmon son

Last edited:

Pheva

Smash Cadet
I honestly don't see Shovel Knight as a possible contender until his game gets localized in Japan. Not only that, but none of the third party characters who have been in Smash have come from Western companies. Although I suppose anything could change considering we got Cloud and Bayonetta of all possible characters.
The game is getting released in Japan. I'm pretty sure its all ready to go, its just taking forever for whatever reason. Maybe the game will gain enough popularity for it by the time there is a Smash 5.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I kinda miss there being actual activity here....
You're lucky! Most users' Premium memberships will expire this month. Expect them to go back here soon.

Unless someone renews that stuff for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
You're lucky! Most users' Premium memberships will expire this month. Expect them to go back here soon.

Unless someone renews that stuff for them.
mine expires february something
probably when I renew it or stop using the site for a while

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice

Are you actually reading what you write?

You complained about Corrin being more of the same things, yet now Bayonetta is an issue because she is too different?

Or maybe this was just satire of the assbackwards Smash community (obviously not everyone) and how nothing pleases a lot of people?

And for the record, I think Lucina should have just been an alt.

Roy never should have returned unless he was going to have a more different moveset.

Paper Mario was one of my top 5 most wanted newcomers, definitely well above Corrin.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Are you actually reading what you write?

You complained about Corrin being more of the same things, yet now Bayonetta is an issue because she is too different?

Or maybe this was just satire of the assbackwards Smash community (obviously not everyone) and how nothing pleases a lot of people?

And for the record, I think Lucina should have just been an alt.

Roy never should have returned unless he was going to have a more different moveset.

Paper Mario was one of my top 5 most wanted newcomers, definitely well above Corrin.
*sigh* by more of the same things i suppose I mean just being another Fire Emblem character. I haven't looked into her enough to know what she is like aside from being from Fire Emblem and using a sword. That's my bad.

However, by "too different" I mean like she doesn't feel like a Nintendo character. She's too... Adult? I guess?

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
*sigh* by more of the same things i suppose I mean just being another Fire Emblem character. I haven't looked into her enough to know what she is like aside from being from Fire Emblem and using a sword. That's my bad.

However, by "too different" I mean like she doesn't feel like a Nintendo character. She's too... Adult? I guess?
Still doesn't primarily use the sword, just like Robin, but okay.

And yes, Bayo is definitely different, I'm not disagreeing with that. I just don't see why that is a problem, is what I am saying. I actually think it is pretty cool to have characters that different and 'adult' in Smash. That's why I loved Snake's inclusion even though I never played MGS and I couldn't play that character for the life of me. But he was so different and I think that is awesome.

Also she doesn't feel like a Nintendo character probably because she isn't one.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Everyone feels like they don't belong until they are in
see Pacman, Megaman, Cloud, Ryu, Falcon, Snake, Shulk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom