• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
What would be it?
I would recolor Luigi over there to be purple like Waluigi, then add a nice shadow, white outline, and purple checkerboard background like your avi. Since I'm sponsored by TrueAmbition and they're purple and whatnot. And possibly make it a bit smaller just to leave more whitespace around the actual character himself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would recolor Luigi over there to be purple like Waluigi, then add a nice shadow, white outline, and purple checkerboard background like your avi. Since I'm sponsored by TrueAmbition and they're purple and whatnot. And possibly make it a bit smaller just to leave more whitespace around the actual character himself.
Ah, I see. I'll get to work on it soon.

D

Deleted member

Treedot Treedot

Here you go.

The left one features a different outline (that makes Luigi "pop out" in some form), whereas the right one features the traditonal simple outline.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I go to college.

"CLASSES ARE SUSPENDED AS ROOMS ARE BEING RENOVATED."

Thanks, I wasn't feeling it anyway. :p

:231:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
He can be such a doof sometimes.

He made the perfect game, Melee, which was a great party game and yet had this duality as being an incredibly deep fighting game with a huge fanbase.

Then Brawl happened, in which he deliberately alienated the competitive side of the fanbase.
The irony of Brawl is that nearly everything except the gameplay were things fans really wanted, like certain characters and music not to mention cutscenes as well as Project M and other mods.

Last edited:

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
Sigh...maybe this is why I am still single \:

Yes please

Ehhhh that's... debatable. She certainly is different in some ways, but it all boils down to another generic Fire Emblem fighter. In my opinion. Feel free to not agree with me.
It isn't debatable. Corrin isn't a stock sword fighter. The majority of his moveset is based off his dragon form and is highly unique. Claiming he is a stock sword fighter is just as silly as claiming that Robin is one.

Generic Fire Emblem character? Fine, that is your opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

Stock sword fighter? That isn't an opinion, that is straight up incorrect.

I would have disagreed with you....then I remembered that the Nohr and Revelations stories were a complete let down.

The 3DS FEs will not be remembered for their developed stories and character development.
Can you elaborate a bit more on this? I'm worried that a few people seem to be let down and have a not so great opinion of Fates. As someone who is extremely hyped for this game, this concerns me...

Last edited:

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
So I go to college.

"CLASSES ARE SUSPENDED AS ROOMS ARE BEING RENOVATED."

Thanks, I wasn't feeling it anyway. :p

That's a little odd. There was no notice or anything? Not even an email or social media post?

Seems like that would have been helpful, instead of making you drive all the way there only to turn back.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That's a little odd. There was no notice or anything? Not even an email or social media post?

Seems like that would have been helpful, instead of making you drive all the way there only to turn back.
College is only a 10 minute walk away from the dorms, so it wasn't a big deal.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
After listening to engage the enemy, I remembered a sad fact about the music of smash 4, Sakurai wanted all the tracks to be 2 minutes which meant longer songs like Engage the enemy and the DK rap were drastically shortened. Seriously what's the deal with that. Songs like that were OK in Melee and Brawl. I hope someone hacks the full versions of those songs into the game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can you elaborate a bit more on this? I'm worried that a few people seem to be let down and have a not so great opinion of Fates. As someone who is extremely hyped for this game, this concerns me...
From the perspective of a guy who's not too deep in the FE series, I think some of the divide comes from focusing more on things like relationships, and the whole being able to pet certain characters like animals for some reason. It's focusing on things you'd normally see in hastily put together dating sim game and not a tactical RPG, where map design, balanced difficulty, fighting mechanics and story should be more pronounced. Whether these people are over-reacting or not is up to interpretation. But they did bring back mechanics like Shoving, which were found in Path of Radiance. So it's not like game play was completely ignored when it came to change.

If I could, I'd get PoR. But I'd have to find a cheap copy of it. But I'd need to find a cheap flea market or something.

After listening to engage the enemy, I remembered a sad fact about the music of smash 4, Sakurai wanted all the tracks to be 2 minutes which meant longer songs like Engage the enemy and the DK rap were drastically shortened. Seriously what's the deal with that. Songs like that were OK in Melee and Brawl. I hope someone hacks the full versions of those songs into the game.
I'd mostly add Mega Man X and Third Strike music if given the chance. Oh, and add a bunch of color swaps. Little Mac shouldn't be the only one with 16 costumes. :yeahboi:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
From the perspective of a guy who's not too deep in the FE series, I think some of the divide comes from focusing more on things like relationships, and the whole being able to pet certain characters like animals for some reason. It's focusing on things you'd normally see in hastily put together dating sim game and not a tactical RPG, where map design, balanced difficulty, fighting mechanics and story should be more pronounced. Whether these people are over-reacting or not is up to interpretation. But they did bring back mechanics like Shoving, which were found in Path of Radiance. So it's not like game play was completely ignored when it came to change.

If I could, I'd get PoR. But I'd have to find a cheap copy of it. But I'd need to find a cheap flea market or something.

I'd mostly add Mega Man X and Third Strike music if given the chance. Oh, and add a bunch of color swaps. Little Mac shouldn't be the only one with 16 costumes. :yeahboi:
Oh yeah I forgot about all those "features" that will be in Fates. Though I've never been big on Fire Emblem, I bought Awakening, but never really played it much. I just prefer Advance Wars more. Maybe its just the more modern atmosphere.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
My distaste for both plots for 2/3 of the paths offered in Fates is due to how everyone glorifies Corrin which makes characters like Kaze seem very one-dimensional. Without really getting into serious spoilers, the Nohr path advertised a "fixing the corruption within the nation as you side with Nohr" yet comes out as Corrin and friends act like Garon's personal lapdog until the endgame.

The gameplay is definitely fresh enough to keep me playing no matter what, but the plot development in Fates is rather disappointing.
Honestly, the fanservice aspects don't really bother me at all. I don't see myself using those features at all during gameplay, though.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Myself, I'm disappointed by the plot of the third route. It all seemed to end amazing but it eventually ended up pretty lame.
I'll still buy it, though. It's the closest I'll ever get to AW5. And FE is a pretty great series after all. Now if I could find the pre-Shadow Dragon games for a fair price...

Pheva

Smash Cadet
However, it's hard to say that it wasn't completely intentional when he deliberately removed wavedashing and L-cancelling, which is practically the backbone of the competitive scene.
Airdodging was changed to what it is now because its much easier to defend yourself with it than how it was before.

I would have disagreed with you....then I remembered that the Nohr and Revelations stories were a complete let down.

The 3DS FEs will not be remembered for their developed stories and character development.
Fates is a real bad red flag for the direction Fire Emblem is going. Its becoming a an anime waifu game and I don't like the looks of it.

Its also got face rubbing...and horribly portrayed homosexual characters that are spread out across versions like they're legendary Pokemon...and gay healing...and terrible character designs...

Why is it that the more Japanese influence this Japanese game gets the worse it becomes?

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
i havent played FE Fates and to be frank I'm not entirely interested.
However I do like the MC design (otherwise I wouldn't have made him my "main" on smash for the fancy art)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I dunno... We did eventually get Pac-Man and Mewtwo, so maybe they were hinting at them after all.
Nah, I think the PAC-MAN thing was just a coincidence. Pac-man wasn't a surprise in more ways than one, anyway.
I mean, many people expected Pac because of Namco's assistance with the game's development.

And as for Mewtwo, development started after the 3DS Version's release, so I doubt that they were hinting at him prior to then.

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice

My distaste for both plots for 2/3 of the paths offered in Fates is due to how everyone glorifies Corrin which makes characters like Kaze seem very one-dimensional. Without really getting into serious spoilers, the Nohr path advertised a "fixing the corruption within the nation as you side with Nohr" yet comes out as Corrin and friends act like Garon's personal lapdog until the endgame.

The gameplay is definitely fresh enough to keep me playing no matter what, but the plot development in Fates is rather disappointing.

Honestly, the fanservice aspects don't really bother me at all. I don't see myself using those features at all during gameplay, though.
That all sounds really troubling. Fates was the game I have been looking forward to the most, since last spring. So if it really is that much of a disappointment, that kind of bums me out..

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
It has been a few days since i last posted. I made some pizza in school and i am eating it right now. I am going to study more about Smash soon so i can try to improve.

How is everyone?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
ok so @Red Hunter X not only this post has to do with spm, but I knwo you like ace atorney and for a reason you will get in due time, I decided to turn a part of this post into AA stuff so there you go :)

Imagine that this is a testimony of the game (it actually is ripped text):

#johoya_code_10#<!STG5_4_50,10>

<p>
So yeah, you master all
of the super-graceful
stylish moves?
<k>
<p>
After stomping a foe, move
<icon PAD 0.65 0 0 0> in different ways while
in midair to get stylish!
<k>
<p>
Doing a bunch of them in a
row gets you really high
scores, so it's worth it.
<k>
<p>
Today I'll tell you about
some special moves that
are really hard to do.
<k>
<p>
After stomping the enemy,
alternatingly tilt <icon PAD 0.65 0 0 0> left and
right while in midair.
<k>
<p>
You should perform more
amazing stylish moves than
you've ever seen!
<k>
<p>
But make sure you don't get
too excited and throw the
<icon PAD 0.65 0 0 0>! Use the strap!
<k>
<o>

Cross examination!

After stomping the enemy,
alternatingly tilt <icon PAD 0.65 0 0 0> left and
right while in midair.

Mister spm, please take look at this:

Screenshot from 2016-01-06 12:40:56.png

These are the different inputs of shake a wii remote can do. Z shake for a sideway remote meant to shake vertically and it consistently worked to do a stylish in our tests.

HOWEVER!

None of the other 2 inputs worked on their own meaning that

THE HORIZONTAL SHAKE DOES NOT PRODUCE A STYLISH!

in fact....

WE GOT THE STYLISH! WORKING BY SHAKING DIAGONALLY!!!!!

This is a huge contradiction therefore.....

THIS GAME IS LYING!!!!!!!

Admit it! You murdered all these poor wiiremote of abuses from shaking unnecessary! You also made everyone who played this game frustrated of not being able to do the best stylish! int he game!

ADMIT IT!!!!

:)

Yeah ok I had to do it, sorry, I thought about it, and I had to turn this into an AA objection :)

Anyway, indeed, I tested the stylish! and scoring stuff. Basically the game has 4 stylish and how it works is depending on which one you do, a multiplier is applied to the base score of the stylish of the enemy (you need the data table to know that, but it's not the same as if the enemy is killed which is normally higher).

The stylish also requires actually specific movement of the wii remote, here are the 4 different stylish, with their movement and the multiplier:
  • Tilting the wii remote forward OR backward, gives an x1
  • Tilting the wii remote pointer up OR down, gives an x1 and is actually complicated to do because you have to tilt not too fast to not do a shake and you have to not tilt forward or backward.
  • Shaking the wii remote up OR down OR both repeatedly gives a x1.5, this one is very easy, just don't tilt forward or backward.
  • Shaking the wii remote diagonally repeatedly (so all 3 axis are involved) gives an x2 and REALLY awesome animations, much longer than the other 3 stylish!, once you know that, it's very easy to do, just again, don't tilt.
The last point as you can see directly contradicted what a guy tells you at flopside hence my very silly objection scene :)

Like idk about you, but I am sure everyone who played the game used to just shake the wiimote in all direction, the detection was very bad because of that, but if you do the moves, it's extremely consistent. Like the x2 stylish!, this one used to be EXTREMELY hard, but is now easy if you shake diagonally. Also, believe it or not but the x1 and x1.5 actually last the exact same time meaning that n theory, the x1 are pointless to do in speedruns :)

For the scoring, basically what happens is each time you kill an enemy, not only that score is added, but the score gets added to a buffer. If say you jump on a second enemy without touching the ground, the score gets added to the buffer and then you gain the buffer. So if you jump on Squiglets, the first gives 100, the second gives 200, the third 300, etc.....

The stylish! works the same way, except the buffer is different, they aren't merged with the kill, but they can combo too.

that;s all, hope you liked that AA objection :)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hello. :149:

I'm battling the ancient dragons of destruction (Borderlands 2) now. Been farming them for a few things; firstly, I'm trying to farm Eridium so I can try and get some jewel guns from Butt Stallion. The second thing is for Seraph Crystals so I can buy a new Antagonist shield for my Commando. And lastly, to get access to the Dice Chests in the dragons' lair cause I'm trying to get Gaige's rare Wizard head. It's incredibly hard to find, but it'll be so worth it cause she looks sick as heck with it.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Airdodging was changed to what it is now because its much easier to defend yourself with it than how it was before.
Brawl air dodges were OP though
It has been a few days since i last posted. I made some pizza in school and i am eating it right now. I am going to study more about Smash soon so i can try to improve.

How is everyone?
an adult now
joy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom