• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
We're really whining over the 6 FE characters again? It's times like this where I wish we would go back to ****posts and infractions.

They're in the game. There is no real reason to whine over their inclusion despite the fact that your favorite character didn't get in. None of this leads anywhere. I could go off tangent on why the Pokemon series needs to include other types of Pokemon in the roster but that won't change a damn thing.

I hate to be that guy but can you just move on? Moaning over it won't get anywhere.
I have a better idea, don't buy the characters. Don't like em, don't buy em. If they don't sell alot, that will send the message to Nintendo that you don't like them, more than you just writing messages on their twitter page. I also think the title should be changed to Super Fire Emblem Bros for Wii U/3DS. I also hate how Advance Wars gets no love.
ESAM put out a video about Smash players quitting recently and I have to say if someone has to put out a video telling people about this sort of thing, then this is getting kinda sad it's becoming such a problem.
People are quitting? Why is it gameplay related? Roster related?

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Obnoxshush/Dasshizer said:
Nah, it's actually because the community has become very vocal in harassing some of the top players. I dunno about Melee's side of things but some top Smash 4 players (who are people too, don't forget) are getting a lot of flak for various reasons and it's almost borderline harassment and ESAM put out a video telling people how fed up he is with it. He isn't really one to get talked bad about but he's friends with several players who are so he had a lot to say.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Nah, it's actually because the community has become very vocal in harassing some of the top players. I dunno about Melee's side of things but some top Smash 4 players (who are people too, don't forget) are getting a lot of flak for various reasons and it's almost borderline harassment and ESAM put out a video telling people how fed up he is with it. He isn't really one to get talked bad about but he's friends with several players who are so he had a lot to say.
Was this an issue with Brawl and Melee? I guess this is one of the risks with making competitive smash more known to everyone. It seems like smash 4 might die sooner than we thought.

Done

ЩΦЦlD ყΦЦ lΦΦκ ǞƮ Ʈ৸ę Ʈiɱę!
NNID
BrayzBling
3DS FC
0791-4541-3028
Hello Everyone! It's me Bray, And I'm Doing Better Than Before. I Want to thank you for your kind comments, and I'm getting help. Thanks So much Everyone!

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
We're really whining over the 6 FE characters again? It's times like this where I wish we would go back to ****posts and infractions.

They're in the game. There is no real reason to whine over their inclusion despite the fact that your favorite character didn't get in. None of this leads anywhere. I could go off tangent on why the Pokemon series needs to include other types of Pokemon in the roster but that won't change a damn thing.

I hate to be that guy but can you just move on? Moaning over it won't get anywhere.
I think one of the reasons people moan about it is because Sakurai clearly has/had no intentions of representing Western gaming more than he had to. The latest direct with the new characters could have been so good. But it had to be another stock sword fighter from Fire Emblem. How unpredictable.

I was at a local card shop with a ton of other smashers in my area and we all were watching the direct when it was on, everyone collectively yelling "ANOTHER ONE?" is not a good thing. It could have been Shovel Knight. Or Paper Mario. Or Skull Kid. Or ****ing K. Rool. RARE has expressed their interest in Smash!

Moral of the story, people need to complain in order to move on. We all have to deal with it for awhile.

D

Deleted member

Hello Everyone! It's me Bray, And I'm Doing Better Than Before. I Want to thank you for your kind comments, and I'm getting help. Thanks So much Everyone!
Really? That's great to hear. And you're welcome.

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
But it had to be another stock sword fighter from Fire Emblem. How unpredictable.
Congrats, you quite literally, have no idea what you are talking about. Exhibit A.

I have a better idea, don't buy the characters. Don't like em, don't buy em. If they don't sell alot, that will send the message to Nintendo that you don't like them, more than you just writing messages on their twitter page. I also think the title should be changed to Super Fire Emblem Bros for Wii U/3DS. I also hate how Advance Wars gets no love.

Ah yes, Super Fire Emblem Bros, because that is clearly what this game is. Lol.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*reads previous pages*

C'mon people, complaining about FE characters in Smash is sooooo 2015 :006:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Are we complaining about FE characters?

Because no joke, I have gone on at least 8 long-winded, angry rants about Corrin since he was announced.

And I like Fire Emblem.

(And just to be clear, I've pretty much gotten over it at this point. I've realized that angry ranting solves nothing.)

Last edited:

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Congrats, you quite literally, have no idea what you are talking about. Exhibit A.
If you're going to be a ****, at least back it up with useful information, please.

Are we complaining about FE characters?

Because no joke, I have gone on at least 8 long-winded, angry rants about Corrin since he was announced.

And I like Fire Emblem.

(And just to be clear, I've pretty much gotten over it at this point. I've realized that angry ranting solves nothing.)
I'd be interested to hear it. Obviously I'm not happy about it, but it is how it is. Don't buy the characters? I have to. I have no choice. Because I play in tournaments. I can't just tell the guy I'm fighting not to pick Corrin.

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
If you're going to be a ****, at least back it up with useful information, please.

I'd be interested to hear it. Obviously I'm not happy about it, but it is how it is. Don't buy the characters? I have to. I have no choice. Because I play in tournaments. I can't just tell the guy I'm fighting not to pick Corrin.
Because no matter how you look at it, Corrin is not a "stock sword fighter"

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Most of his aerials and specials utilize his dragon ability. He rarely swings his sword as much as the other FE characters. Calling him a stock swordfighter ignores a large mechanic of Corrin's playstyle.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Kamui is best name... or Femui :4corrinf:
Praise Femui

You mad, want a free prank? :4pacman:
Yes please

Because no matter how you look at it, Corrin is not a "stock sword fighter"
Ehhhh that's... debatable. She certainly is different in some ways, but it all boils down to another generic Fire Emblem fighter. In my opinion. Feel free to not agree with me.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Was mildly upset about Corrin upon their reveal.

But eh, they've grown on me since then. Besides, it's by no means fair to blame them for the lack of other characters that I wanted.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yes please

You'll need to use anime avis, but guess you're ok with that

-----

On other stuff, I managed to grab a nice WarGreymon figure for $45 USD from an official distributor... commonly they cost around $110 so it is a win :p

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I dunno.
From a purely gameplay standpoint, I don't hate Corrin. Thier moveset doesn't excite or captivate me, and I really don't like their design, but... Dragon with a chainsaw-sword. That's pretty cool.

What really does get my goat about Corrin, even now that I say I'm over it, is just... Sakurai said in an interview that things from here on out we're going to be "pure fan service". But then, we cut to Corrin, and he's just a big, walking advertisement for Fates. Not only that, but a walking advertisement from (yes, I'll be that guy) Fire Emblem, a series that had plenty of fighters already... And it's not like the game wasn't going to do well here, anyways (not after Awakening), so if they needed an advertisement, why not take one from a game that needed advertisement? Hell, FE is so prominent in this game already, wouldn't that be enough to persuade a Smash fan on the fence?

But then, why did there need to be an advertisement in the first place? The Ballot went on for half-a-year, got a ton of activity, and all you could do was squeeze out one character? I just feel like they should have added someone else from that list, someone that would drum up more excitement after all that waiting... Someone who people actually wanted, not someone who nobody even knows at this point (Corrin)

(sigh)
/rant

Last edited:

Pheva

Smash Cadet
The thing about Sakurai is that sometimes he's an absolute genius and then other times its just like "what". I suppose that's the price of completely not giving a damn.

Corrin looks really fun to play as, and that's why I'm hyped. Even though I wish there was more of dragon aspect in the tilts and more of the chainsaw sword in general though, and there really isn't any reason for the up and forward airs to be copypasted from Marth, but Corrin still looks incredibly fun.

Fates is a totally gross game though.

Last edited:

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
The thing about Sakurai is that sometimes he's an absolute genius and then other times its just like "what". I suppose that's the price of completely not giving a damn.

Corrin looks really fun to play as, and that's why I'm hyped. Even though I wish there was more of dragon aspect in the tilts and more of the chainsaw sword in general though, and there really isn't any reason for the up and forward airs to be copypasted from Marth, but Corrin still looks incredibly fun.

He can be such a doof sometimes.

He made the perfect game, Melee, which was a great party game and yet had this duality as being an incredibly deep fighting game with a huge fanbase.

Then Brawl happened, in which he deliberately alienated the competitive side of the fanbase.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The arguments against Corri boil down to him being another FE character. If he was from a different series, no one would have complained.

I think it has a bit to do with Nintendo trying to push Fire Emblem to an A-lister. Maybe Nintendo pitched the Sakurai, and him being the FE fan he is, he was like "Sure. Why not?"

I actually liked Corrin's inclusion more than Bayonetta.

:231:

Pheva

Smash Cadet
He can be such a doof sometimes.

He made the perfect game, Melee, which was a great party game and yet had this duality as being an incredibly deep fighting game with a huge fanbase.

Then Brawl happened, in which he deliberately alienated the competitive side of the fanbase.
Melee is far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, FAAAAR from perfect. It has about as many problems as many Smash game.

Its difficult to tell whether or not he intentionally tried to alienate that crowd with Brawl. I'd say its half and half honestly. He just wanted to make a simple party game that people could easily pick up and play and I guess he assumed that because of the technical depth the game ended up having it was too complicated. He wanted to help even out the playing field, even if pro players were playing with total scrubs.

Though, I do find it kind of amusing that Sakurai said that if he caters to competitive players, Smash would have no future. Even though its EXCLUSIVELY been the competitive crowd that's been playing Melee all these years after Brawl. I think he may have just worded it wrong.

Last edited:

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Melee is far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, FAAAAR from perfect. It has about as many problems as many Smash game.

Its difficult to tell whether or not he intentionally tried to alienate that crowd with Brawl. I'd say its half and half honestly. He just wanted to make a simple party game that people could easily pick up and play and I guess he assumed that because of the technical depth the game ended up having it was too complicated. He wanted to help even out the playing field, even if pro players were playing with total scrubs.

Though, I do find it kind of amusing that Sakurai said that if he caters to competitive players, Smash would have no future. Even though its EXCLUSIVELY been the competitive crowd that's been playing Melee all these years after Brawl. I think he may have just worded it wrong.
Okay, so it's hard to say perfect, I see what you mean.

However, it's hard to say that it wasn't completely intentional when he deliberately removed wavedashing and L-cancelling, which is practically the backbone of the competitive scene.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I would have disagreed with you....then I remembered that the Nohr and Revelations stories were a complete let down.

The 3DS FEs will not be remembered for their developed stories and character development.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
However, it's hard to say that it wasn't completely intentional when he deliberately removed wavedashing and L-cancelling, which is practically the backbone of the competitive scene.
Deliberately removing something that wasn't supposed to be there in the first place = Sakurai is the worst developer ever

Am I missing something here?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Okay, so it's hard to say perfect, I see what you mean.

Both of them are fairly unintuitive, imo. Wavedashing requires you to air-dodge into the ground, which you would never do otherwise, and L-cancelling is an extra compulsory button press (there's absolutely no situation where you shouldn't L-cancel), so it doesn't factor into decision making. I found the auto-L-cancelling in P:M a boon.

I would have disagreed with you....then I remembered that the Nohr and Revelations stories were a complete let down.
The 3DS FEs will not be remembered for their developed stories and character development.
Well, you know...

They did what they had to to keep the series afloat. I am sad that it turned out this way though. :ohwell:

:231:

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Deliberately removing something that wasn't supposed to be there in the first place = Sakurai is the worst developer ever

Am I missing something here?
Wasn't supposed to be there? He has stated himself that everyone on the team knew about both of these features well before the game was released. L cancelling evolved from Smooth Landing, which was actually referenced on the official Smash Bros website for Smash 64. Both of these features were intentionally implemented and then intentionally removed.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If my title wasn't obvious enough, I'm trying to make my new avi.
addy.jpg

Checklist of things to do:
*Remove Ribbion's hair (the pink corner covering the hat partially)
*Rebuild the hat
*Remove background (might ask @Flight to do that)
*Rainbow outline the pic (might also ask @Flight to do that)

This is gonna be interesting. :150:

D

Deleted member

I have been summoned.

If my title wasn't obvious enough, I'm trying to make my new avi.
View attachment 90983
Checklist of things to do:
*Remove Ribbion's hair (the pink corner covering the hat partially)
*Rebuild the hat
*Remove background (might ask @Flight to do that)
*Rainbow outline the pic (might also ask @Flight to do that)

This is gonna be interesting. :150:
I could redo the image from scratch, though. Much easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've been using Photoshop for years now.
That's cool. Well I don't know if you're looking for something to do... But I have somewhat of an idea of what I'd like to do to this avi, but lack the tools to do so. My photoshop license has expired.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
You do graphic design? I've been trying to think of what kind of background I can put on my avi.
Flight can do nearly everything to avatars.
and for free :troll:
Yo, now I'm wondering, do you got a job Flight?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's cool. Well I don't know if you're looking for something to do... But I have somewhat of an idea of what I'd like to do to this avi, but lack the tools to do so. My photoshop license has expired.
What would be it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom