• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Might as well share my specs as you are relatively new, but I got my first desktop computer last April which I built.

• Cpu: intel core i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghtz.
  • ram: 8gb @ 1600 Mghtz (2x 4gb).
  • Storage: My old laptop hard drive of 540gb @ 5400rpm and a 250gb hard drive at 7200rpm used also as a boot and os drive.
  • Monitor: 1280x1080 monitor supporting vga and dvi.
  • I/O back: vga, dvi, hdmi, ps2 mouse and keyboard, ethernet, wifi card using my old laptop one, mic, headphones, line in, 2 usb 2.0 and 4 usb 3.0.
  • I/O front: a very old port that I have no idea what it is, but it's obsolette, 2 usb 2.0, mic and headphones.
  • PSU: Seasonic 300TFX 300w
  • Other: it has a dvd player/writer, a multipurpose card reader and I use a wireless logitech mouse and a very old ps2 keyboard.
The checkout when I paid on newegg was around 500$ and here's the thing, I saved a lot of money by multiple thing.

here's the story:

For the second time, my laptop power port broke and this was after the warranty expired. It could no longer function unless I pay too much for what it's worth (disassembling laptop is difficult). Because of how I used the pc anyway, it was better for me to switch to desktop....but here's something that I got lucky.

My college had very underpowered towers for sa le at a ridiculously low price for what you pay (10$ for 2gb of ram and a core duo cpu, with a linux, you could use it as a secondary pc). I bought 2 of these to put the ram of one in the other in that purpose, my pc wasn't broken at the time.

The ram weren't compatible, but one machine ran faster and was in better sh ape, so I took it and gave the other to my brother.

Except that when my laptop broke, this pc was litterally the only pc I owned. When I had the idea to build my pc...I got a huge surprise. Not only my brother's pc had a 250gb hard drive that ran faster than my laptop drive, but his psu would be good enough to handle new hardware. the biggest fluke is that the machine I kept had a mere 25gb hard drive and a low powered psu. I simply swapped hard drive and psu of both pc and saved tons of money.

That's not all, the monitor is something the college sold me at 20$, this is litterally too cheap to be true, but it happened. I just had to buy the dvi cable and a sata splitter.

That's not even the end, the keyboard was to be given free! very old but it works.

Even more,I took the hard drive of my laptop out and the case had one space left for a 2.5 in drive. I lost absolutely no data as I use the same drive.

Finally, I bough a wifi card adapter so I could use it on my pc despite being made for laptop.

It took a full month to plan the build and 4 hours to do it, everything worked :)
I will share mine. :)

• Windows 10 x64 Home (Previous OS Windows 7 x64 Home premium)
  • 8GB DDR3 Corsair
  • 3TB HDD
  • Asus H81M-PLUS
  • GeForce GT 740 1GB
  • Bush HD TV ( I am using my HDTV as my monitor due to SDTV)
  • Intel core i5 4430 Haswell
  • Samsung DVD Super Ritemaster

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I ordered a few things and my Sanae avi got lost again

Sanny why

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
It pretty much is, except it has a long, thin range, instead of a short, wide range.
Which is how all shotguns in all FPS games should be designed.
Decent range, low CoF.

Otherwise, the scrubs will complaining that it's OP in melee-attack distance, because it's a guaranteed kill if they're facing your general direction, and it will still be flaming trash of a weapon because after 10 meters the pellets magically disappear, not that that matters, of course, because by that point one'd be luck if any of the pellets hit, and also probably because the developer made the damage drop over distance.

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
eh, oh well.
im off of the thread for a bit cause travel
i shall lurk in the forbidden instant messaging program that is blue though.
rip
Fixed it for you :4kirby:

Come on, I know you have the urge to change avatar... I can feel it :4shulk:
nice try.
but i wont be changing it you fool

Last edited:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
I will share mine. :)

• Windows 10 x64 Home (Previous OS Windows 7 x64 Home premium)
  • 8GB DDR3 Corsair
  • 3TB HDD
  • Asus H81M-PLUS
  • GeForce GT 740 1GB
  • Bush HD TV ( I am using my HDTV as my monitor due to SDTV)
  • Intel core i5 4430 Haswell
  • Samsung DVD Super Ritemaster
I wish to join in the fun :4pacman:

• Win 10 Pro (insiderpreview)
  • 120gb SSD
  • 8gb HyperX Fury Kingston DDR
  • Asus Z87-PRO
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB
  • Intel core i7 4770
  • NZXT Phantom 410 Case
  • Samsung DVD Super Writemaster too haha

IMG_20150806_172119.png

here's a picture of bae <3

pfft, why would I write that.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

• 120gb SSD
  • Asus Z87-PRO
  • Intel core i7 4770
  • NZXT Phantom 410 Case
I'll add mine
  • IPad Air 2
  • 64GB

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562

• 120gb SSD
  • Asus Z87-PRO
  • Intel core i7 4770
  • NZXT Phantom 410 Case
I don't get how people can use 120gb SSD's. I know they are 100x faster than a HDD but they have very small storage capacity.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*I grab my Celeron laptop and walk away slowly*

It runs 10 like a charm anyway

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Picked up where I left off in FE Sacred Seth- No Grind. Joshua and Gerik destroyed a group of cavaliers outside of the Jehanna castle.

I wonder if I should play it safe and promote Colm to a rogue or to live on the killing edge and make him an assassin? I hate fielding Rennac but I want to use Colm more.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Picked up where I left off in FE Sacred Seth- No Grind. Joshua and Gerik destroyed a group of cavaliers outside of the Jehanna castle.

I wonder if I should play it safe and promote Colm to a rogue or to live on the killing edge and make him an assassin? I hate fielding Rennac but I want to use Colm more.
Assasin, always pick assasin Colm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom