• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is Klefki actually a decent Pokemon? I hear about it all the time. I never got around to training one myself.
Thunder Wave + Reflect + Light Screen + Foul Play + Prankster + Light Clay is one possible set.

Add in other options like Spikes, Magnet Rise, or Play Rough, and you're great.

AND GOD HELP THE FOE if you run TWave, Substitute, Swagger, Foul Play. This is for when you just wanna ruin someone's day.

Klefki works best as an awesome support 'Mon though. :p

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Reckon if was an Elite Four member, my team would be-

*Skarmory
*Empoleon
*Magnezone
*Klefki
*Metagross
*Lucario

Or-

*Mienshao
*Infernape
*Gallade
*Hawlucha
*Scrafty
*Lucario

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Okay then.
But you'll have to be Gym leader 2 or 3.
All the other spots are taken.
I'll be three. And be the best God damn third Gym Leader there ever was.

AND GOD HELP THE FOE if you run TWave, Substitute, Swagger, Foul Play. This is for when you just wanna ruin someone's day.
You know I really like this one the best. Not for any specific reason of course.

Soul.

If you want to cure the interest please make it so battles are set in Doubles :^)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I do say.
What type do you prefer?

We're already using normal, fire, flying, ghost, psychic, steel, grass and ice.

Maaaaybe...
What type?
Haven't all champions not named Steven/Wallace or Lance had multi-type teams? :p

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Whoever still runs this Klefki deserves to have their save deleted. Seriously- be a decent person and don't run this. Pleas- wait a minute I don't even play anymore...

:v

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Whoever still runs this Klefki deserves to have their save deleted. Seriously- be a decent person and don't run this. Pleas- wait a minute I don't even play anymore...

:v
Jingle jangle, partner...

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

The Mods used PSI two-point infraction!

That last one was meant to be less spammy but I made a mistake.
However, I have but one last text box, and it's a doozy. However, I'm now using a mobile device and can't get the stupid text generator to work. I have the input text ready, codes and all, and I need someone who's using a pc so I can PM them the text, they can put in the generator, upload it to imgur, send me the link, and I can post it.

Can anyone do me this favor? It'll only take a couple minutes.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So what would be my level cap? Just curious so that way when I make my team it'll mesh well with balancing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ow wow, if I made a Champion team, it'd specifically be put together to ruin someone's day using Pokemon they'd never expect. :laugh:

_gold_

Smash Master
Bummer. Looks like I didn't make the Gym Leader draft. Ah well... who cares, right?
I'll just be some wise, old fart. Like a Mr. Fuji or something.

:054:

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion

The Mods used PSI two-point infraction!

That last one was meant to be less spammy but I made a mistake.
However, I have but one last text box, and it's a doozy. However, I'm now using a mobile device and can't get the stupid text generator to work. I have the input text ready, codes and all, and I need someone who's using a pc so I can PM them the text, they can put in the generator, upload it to imgur, send me the link, and I can post it.

Can anyone do me this favor? It'll only take a couple minutes.
sure m8.
will need a link to the generator tho

TakeYourHeart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
solemnpancake
I'm game for being the Fire type Gym Leader. Or whatever really.
Well dang, I'll go with Dark types. Umbreon, Honchkrow, Shiftry and Houndoom.

Known to many mid-tier trainers as their first true challenge with his Mega Houndoom. All of his Pokemon know Thief, but will give all the possessions stolen back to their owners if defeated.

Edit: Dang, may have missed the cut. Oh well, I still think my idea is cool. :p

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...I got it. My team will be six Magikarp. But very powerful ones! That know Splash! ...And nothing else, but you don't need anything else! We will dominate the world with our raw strength (and dashingly good looks)! Watch out world! Yesterday I was a Gym Leader! Today I was a Gym Leader! And tomorrow?! Well I'll still be a Gym Leader but I will also rule the world with an iron fist and my fish gods by my side!

No one can stop me! No one!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Bummer. Looks like I didn't make the Gym Leader draft. Ah well... who cares, right?
I'll just be some wise, old fart. Like a Mr. Fuji or something.

:054:
Uh...
We still only have 7 gym leaders.
There's ONE open spot.
For the second Gym.

Last edited:

TakeYourHeart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
solemnpancake
HAVEN'T been taken?
Bug, Rock, Ground, Fairy, Dragon, Dark, Electric, Poison, and Fighting.
I'll gladly take the second spot even if it meant my Dark team had to be VERY depowered.

Though sadly that means no scary as hell Mega Houndooom.

Edit: Though feel free to make someone else live the dream.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
True.
What do you want as your team?
I assume Klefki is one
Time to roll out the "Rip Out Your Hair" team, based on one that's worked quite well in online battles.

- Klefki
- Light Clay held; Prankster
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
The keystone in the team. Klefki sets up a lot of what makes this team work, as detailed below.​
- Ursaring
- Flame Orb held; Guts
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Protect
Protects the first turn. Orb activates. Guts activates, negating the burn's attack lowering and instead adding half to its attack. Facade's power doubles in power due to the burn, and gets STAB. Due to Klefki setting up screens and a Thunder Wave, Ursaring's bad-ish speed is negated, and it rips the foe a new one. Screens aid its defense. Basically can hit anything for at least neutral, and it shreds them like paper.​
- Castform
- Damp Rock held; Forecast
- Weather Ball
- Thunder
- Rain Dance
- Hurricane
A really frail Special Sweeper. That's where Klefki's screens come in. Damp Rock extends Rain's length, while the screens keep Castform alive. Klefki's Thunder Wave gives Castform more speed. Weather Ball becomes a 100 damage STAB Water attack. Thunder and Hurricane become 100% accurate. Prepare for a storm in the forecast.​
- Qwilfish
- Black Sludge held; Swift Swim
- Poison Jab
- Spikes
- Waterfall
- Destiny Bond
Qwilfish likes Castform's rain. First thing it'll do is lay down Spikes. It's able to absorb a surprising amount of hits and dish some nice damage, and its longevity is aided by the Black Sludge. When things are going south? Destiny Bond.​
- Gengar
- Life Orb held; Levitate
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
Just when you thought things couldn't get worse, you get a high powered Special Sweeper. Hits lots of things hard thanks to the Life Orb and Calm Mind. Plus, it has several immunities due to typing and Levitate.​
- Crustle
- White Herb held; Sturdy
- Shell Smash
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
Part of the duo of clean-up crew with Gengar. Basically meant to kill anything left alive. Shell Smash + White Herb is a deadly combo, combined with some really powerful moves from Crustle. Sturdy is an added annoyance.

So basically my Champion Team is made to make the challenger's experience as needlessly difficult as possible while using Pokemon that either look innocuous, or have reputations for being bad/gimmicky/underpowered, in a sort of expect-the-unexpected set. :p

Also so everyone will hate me. :laugh:

Soul.

Every time I look at single battles it isn't the same anymore.
They take too long. The last time I watched a single battle video on YouTube it took more than 50 minutes to finish.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Time to roll out the "Rip Out Your Hair" team, based on one that's worked quite well in online battles.

- Klefki
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
The keystone in the team. Klefki sets up a lot of what makes this team work, as detailed below.​
- Ursaring
- Flame Orb held; Guts
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Protect
Protects the first turn. Orb activates. Guts activates, negating the burn's attack lowering and instead adding half to its attack. Facade's power doubles in power due to the burn, and gets STAB. Due to Klefki setting up screens and a Thunder Wave, Ursaring's bad-ish speed is negated, and it rips the foe a new one. Screens aid its defense. Basically can hit anything for at least neutral, and it shreds them like paper.​
- Castform
- Weather Ball
- Thunder
- Rain Dance
- Hurricane
A really frail Special Sweeper. That's where Klefki's screens come in. Damp Rock extends Rain's length, while the screens keep Castform alive. Klefki's Thunder Wave gives Castform more speed. Weather Ball becomes a 100 damage STAB Water attack. Thunder and Hurricane become 100% accurate. Prepare for a storm in the forecast.​
- Qwilfish
- Poison Jab
- Spikes
- Waterfall
- Destiny Bond
Qwilfish likes Castform's rain. First thing it'll do is lay down Spikes. It's able to absorb a surprising amount of hits and dish some nice damage, and its longevity is aided by the Black Sludge. When things are going south? Destiny Bond.​
- Gengar
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
Just when you thought things couldn't get worse, you get a high powered Special Sweeper. Hits lots of things hard thanks to the Life Orb and Calm Mind. Plus, it has several immunities due to typing and Levitate.​
- Crustle
- Shell Smash
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
Part of the duo of clean-up crew with Gengar. Basically meant to kill anything left alive. Shell Smash + White Herb is a deadly combo, combined with some really powerful moves from Crustle. Sturdy is an added annoyance.

So basically my Champion Team is made to make the challenger's experience as needlessly difficult as possible while using Pokemon that either look innocuous, or have reputations for being bad/gimmicky/underpowered, in a sort of expect-the-unexpected set. :p

Done.
Here's the link to the page in full.
http://smashboards-social.wikia.com/wiki/Social_Thread_Pokemon_League

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

- Klefki
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Ursaring
- Flame Orb held; Guts
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Protect
- Castform
- Weather Ball
- Thunder
- Rain Dance
- Hurricane
- Qwilfish
- Poison Jab
- Spikes
- Waterfall
- Destiny Bond
- Gengar
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Crustle
- Shell Smash
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

brb, getting a Landorus-T :troll:

But seriously, that team is really cool :p

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
AND AFTER ALL THAT...
I'm off to bed.
Good Night Social Thread!
And good luck beating our new League!
Do you have what it takes?

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Men, haven't played pokemon in a while. I should probably get back to that.

Also, all I need is a Blissy with Toxic, Protect, subsistute, and soft boil. I'll be the guy who stalls all of his matches! Oh, and 5 others as back up :troll:. I've won matches like this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom