• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
While googling something, I ended up in some kind of "bro dude" forum

And they all call eachother "Brah"

They say "cuz" and say "Chit" instead of ...the cuss word

Edit: Strangely for the F word, they just replace the c with another k
bodybuilding forums?

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Hmm, mayb--

That place would go to...

in our little universe.
lol I'm actually a lot of the tropes in there, I'm bored a lot, I have some waifus and I was the first person to suggest the PMS dating sim. (basically our equivalent of the movie)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
But you do know who gets "always bored", right?
You, but it's not like we can select which question to answer. It just autofills the correct one when we enter names. I just blank out on names when I'm not seeing avatars...plus there are several members who changed names. :p

Meanwhile, I don't post in this thread often enough to be remembered, so I'm not even on the quiz. XD

In other news, I keep seeing engagements and weddings on facebook, and I think to myself, "I guess I'm probably not close enough to anyone to be invited to weddings..." I get sad that no one attempts to keep in touch with me, so I waste my time away on my 3DS, some anime, and skimming topics here that come up in my notifications. Also, lurking through some subreddits. I don't know how to be a real friend.

Speaking of subreddits, the Smash one had a topic about what your life would be like if Smash didn't exist. First thought was I'd be playing a lot more Pokemon. Then I realized I may have never played the Metroid games and EarthBound. Potentially, I could have done more with my life at the cost of not having Smash entertain me. But then, I'm known by my real life friends as being good at Smash, so I would have nothing I'd be considered good at...At least I would have saved a lot of time not browsing Smashboards? I may not have discovered a lot of things without SmashBoards though...so my life would probably look a lot different.

Maybe I would have learned to be a real friend, enough to be invited to more weddings...

Edit: 22/50 on the quiz...with cheating by looking through 3 random pages in this topic. I fail. >_>

Totally blanked out on Rysir and Opossum...and Motorcycle the Pooh only because I can remember his first two names...

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
The first time I posted in a smash 4 social was the first one I just realized that.

No wonder I was confused by every time I came back to the S4S there were different people when I wasn't that active.

D

Deleted member

You, but it's not like we can select which question to answer. It just autofills the correct one when we enter names. I just blank out on names when I'm not seeing avatars...plus there are several members who changed names. :p

Meanwhile, I don't post in this thread often enough to be remembered, so I'm not even on the quiz. XD

In other news, I keep seeing engagements and weddings on facebook, and I think to myself, "I guess I'm probably not close enough to anyone to be invited to weddings..." I get sad that no one attempts to keep in touch with me, so I waste my time away on my 3DS, some anime, and skimming topics here that come up in my notifications. Also, lurking through some subreddits. I don't know how to be a real friend.

Speaking of subreddits, the Smash one had a topic about what your life would be like if Smash didn't exist. First thought was I'd be playing a lot more Pokemon. Then I realized I may have never played the Metroid games and EarthBound. Potentially, I could have done more with my life at the cost of not having Smash entertain me. But then, I'm known by my real life friends as being good at Smash, so I would have nothing I'd be considered good at...At least I would have saved a lot of time not browsing Smashboards? I may not have discovered a lot of things without SmashBoards though...so my life would probably look a lot different.

Maybe I would have learned to be a real friend, enough to be invited to more weddings...
Really? That sucks. Why wouldn't people invite you? Well, I get that problem too. Sort of.. just not weddings.

What would my life be if Smash did not exist? It is simple.

More ART :4link:

Anyways, I could've done a lot more with mine either had I never joined YouTube (which got me started on the web in a way).

Last edited by a moderator:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
If Smash didn't exist I'd probably not be as good at using Photoshop or 3DS Max as I am now because of Brawl modding, it would also be minus 1,400 posts and the 800 or so from KC-MM.

Before I had any smash games I made videos on youtube so I'd probably still be doing that...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Really? That sucks. Why wouldn't people invite you? Well, I get that problem too. Sort of.. just not weddings.

What would my life be if Smash did not exist? It is simple.

More ART :4link:

Anyways, I could've done a lot more with mine either had I never joined YouTibe (which got me started on the web in a way).
People won't invite me because people can't afford to invite every single person they know. So they pick the people closest to them. Apparently no one considers me that close.

Smashboards was how I first got started on the Internet for outside of school stuff, so without Smash, I'd proably be using the Internet differently. I probably would have never wrote a fanfic either. It would have taken longer for me to find YouTube I guess.

Soul.

If Smash didn't exist, I'd be taking my time playing Pokémon competitively or some ****. Fortunately it exists.

Also, let me be real when I say the previous S4S threads were better. The difference in users has made the environment change from a "social" to a circus. Which is pretty stupid.

2.0 and 3.0 had such good topics, it's pretty sad. I don't think anything will change, so yeah.

should have mentioned this before but someone here was talking about socials so...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

People won't invite me because people can't afford to invite every single person they know. So they pick the people closest to them. Apparently no one considers me that close.

Smashboards was how I first got started on the Internet for outside of school stuff, so without Smash, I'd proably be using the Internet differently. I probably would have never wrote a fanfic either. It would have taken longer for me to find YouTube I guess.
Hopefully you get to be invited in one some day.

I only joined here to talk about all things 3DS. Guess that didn't work out.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
If Smash didn't exist, I'd be taking my time playing Pokémon competitively or some ****. Fortunately it exists.

Also, let me be real when I say the previous S4S threads were better. The difference in users has made the environment change from a "social" to a circus. Which is pretty stupid.
I just simply adapt to the circus tbh, if I wanted to be in a good thread I'd go somewhere else or post at night like I am now. :4wario2:
This place is basically the entire thread version of this page on PMS and I kind of like it for that...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

2.0 and 3.0 had such good topics, it's pretty sad. I don't think anything will change, so yeah.

should have mentioned this before but someone here was talking about socials so...
People come and go. It's not specifically this thread that's changed since back then. If you want good topics, maybe you can come up with some good topics? I'm not the best at that...

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Hello my lovely ****posting sisters.

You know what really bothered me about the SmashBoards movie trailer that @ToasterBrains made?

He didn't even let Soul's post background load completely and I just

I feel incredibly distressed about this.

Toaster why

why do you do this

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Hello my lovely ****posting sisters.

You know what really bothered me about the SmashBoards movie trailer that @ToasterBrains made?

He didn't even let Soul's post background load completely and I just

I feel incredibly distressed about this.

Toaster why

why do you do this
This post made me realize there was an actual trailer. I spent 7 minutes looking for it.

Almost commented on the YouTube video, then realized people could find out my real name that way...So I'll just say Soul's voice in the trailer was hilarious.

I should be sleeping. I need to get up in 4 hours so I can prepare for my 1.5 hour commute through traffic to work...Goodnight social thread.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
HIIIIIIIIIIII!

:)

So, I coudln;t do much yesterday before going to bed as it was late when I found it, but I got that to rip n64 stuff, there's 2 wqys:

You rip it from rendering anything from the emulator project 64, or you browse through the roms which should theoretically gives more accurate results.

So i should just do the later right?

Well.....it;s far from simple. See, the n64 roms aren't your fancy filesystems with folders and files that has extensions and are separated depending on their purpose, no. It's just a giant file that has everything sqashed out very tight to reduce filesize. Litterally, the rom here is the actua game while normally, what you get is an iso that CONTAINS a filesystem, no, here, it's just one file that has everything spread out.

So, you get the idea, it's much harder to rip stuff. You have to browse through the rom and notice paterns of data by a program which will attempt to export them to get a rip.

I said ATTEMPT, the risk of faillling is harder because it usually go like the program will do what he THINKS is meaninfull data, but nothign guarantees it and you pretty mcuh have to tweak stuff a lot.

I'm serious, I found a program SPECIFICALLY designed to go into SNES rom files and extract their samples in wav. That program actually is what allowed me to rip pm64 sfx, I just had to remove the garbage wav later and only keep audible ones. It is THAT insane to rip n64 stuff.

Ripping graphics however......it;s rough. You have to use a tile viewer which will basically take the rom and put its data in a visual representation so it;s a mess of colors (it will literally look meaningless most of the time). Then, you have to scroll through this mess until you find a pattern of what would look like an image. Once there, you have to find the first byte where it's visible and take note of its address. You give that address to an exporter and you have to figure out everything else such as format and dimensions.

This is crazy.

But let;s remember this: when it involves paper mario, nothig is crazy for me.

So, what I will do is I will browse through the entire file and export everything that Retriever II didn;t exported in his original rip. However, he probably used an emu to rip everything, which isn;t bad because it;s every sprites and map textures, but I don;t think he paid attention to what i would want the msot, UI elements.

Seriously, I spotted yesterday the CHAPTER graphic in a very decent looking so i think I can do it.

The thing is it;s obviously tedious, long and hard to do, but it;s fun at least. Well for me but anyway.

The rom is 42 megabytes which is HUGE when you browse it bytes by bytes, at least the tile viewer is quick and easy to use, you could browse the whole roms in days, it's not that bad, but it's tedious still.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Ummm...what now?
"The 3rd highest post count in the forum"
That was your hint on the Social Thread Quiz, but I couldn't figure out who it was!
I mean, I suppose that's not your fault, but still.
I was so close.

Also,

upload_2015-8-24_7-46-26.png

I've dipped below the 50% range.
You guys need to read the wiki more.
:troll:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
The other people were drinking too much coffee
I don't drink coffee, still awake from posting hours ago and it's almost 6am now. Being crazy is awesome, now if you excuse me, I'll be sleeping all day when I pass out eventually...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom