• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, actually this is funny, but that fangame was released near a year ago and I thought it was a hack of sm3d land....but it actually just runs on pc ")

.....exe unfortunately for me, but the thing is, it appears to run flawlessly on wine.....seriously, it just happens to work....

So, you know what?

I will actually play it tonight :)

For those of you who are interested, here:

http://www.mfgg.net/?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=30485

Btw, this site is awesome, several rips of the games were first found here and actually, the hey gorgeous font on my dropbox is based on someone's version from that site.

Anyway, who would be interested to play that?
MFGG? I remember that site.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well of course when i comeback. There isn't alot of activity. Also i guess that BakaCirno didn't have the time to do my draw.
Anyway, i am just here because of a mosquitoe.

I really don't known frankly what to do or think of this.:4rob:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Well of course when i comeback. There isn't alot of activity. Also i guess that BakaCirno didn't have the time to do my draw.

Do you have a anti-bug/insect spray?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
MFGG? Don't remember that site.

*goes to site*

No, wait, I do.

We're all here because of a mosquito. Mine is called Space Stranger. *insert laugh track here*

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
MFGG? Don't remember that site.

*goes to site*

No, wait, I do.

We're all here because of a mosquito. Mine is called Space Stranger. *insert laugh track here*
Honestly, i am so sleepy right now that i laughed at your joke. That's must say alot on me.:4myfriends:

Last edited:

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
I played in a 45 people online tournament yesterday, and got fifth! :happysheep: Tournaments are soo fuunnnn!, I wish there are local tournaments where I live. Smash is dead where I live tho :drsad:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
mfgg had a lot of good paper mario stuff. Retriever 2 was there a lot to show the rip he did and the one on spriters ressources are actually regrouped stuff from RII.

It;s just so bad he isn;t around anymore :(

And there is actually a pm64 font rip never checked though :)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I played in a 45 people online tournament yesterday, and got fifth! :happysheep: Tournaments are soo fuunnnn!, I wish there are local tournaments where I live. Smash is dead where I live tho :drsad:
Smash is dead here too. Your not alone.
Well... I guess you could use Super Mecha Death Christ. :troll:
Oh you. :3

D

Deleted member

I frequented there in 2010-11. I think I've reviewed a few games there too. My username was 'Chaut'.
Might as well create a new account.
I just checked out the sprites. Never really cared for the games to be honest.
I never registered.

Luig

Confused
What happened?
Some annoying adware extension on chrome.
Normally I can get rid of these in about 5 seconds by deleting the extension.
However, it was a hidden extension, and chrome didn't show it up.
So I had to track down the file for a while, and then I gave up. I even looked in the freaking C: directories and hidden files and folders.
Eventually I just tried messing with a bunch of chrome's settings that seemed like they could delete it.
Eventually I found the reset browser button, which deletes all addons.
I clicked that and then problem solved.

Stupid adware.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Some annoying adware extension on chrome.
Normally I can get rid of these in about 5 seconds by deleting the extension.
However, it was a hidden extension, and chrome didn't show it up.
So I had to track down the file for a while, and then I gave up. I even looked in the freaking C: directories and hidden files and folders.
Eventually I just tried messing with a bunch of chrome's settings that seemed like they could delete it.
Eventually I found the reset browser button, which deletes all addons.
I clicked that and then problem solved.

Stupid adware.
Glad I got rid of chrome lol

Now Im just trying to find and Antivirus....that will work good for me

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
my head hurts because I uninstalled a corrupted AVG, reinstall it to stuff not working and uninstalled it again, now Im wondering is it is worth reinstalling
Use Malwarebytes. Install it and do a full scan of your PC incase of viruses.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well i'm retry to go to bed. So say to me if @Flight have known the answer at the meaning of boredom. That @BakaCirno have become Super Sayien. And if @ BlueX BlueX would do a draw for me. On those last word. Good night guys.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
SWORD ART ONLINE TORTURE MONTH

WARNING: THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS, IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO WATCH THIS SHOW DON'T READ THIS.

Episode 1 – The World of Swords (Aincrad Arc)
Our stinker of a series opens with a text about how mankind has reached virtual reality and then we have a broadcast about the new hot game, Sword Art Online, a MMORPG on Virtual Reality. We’re also told the VR console is called the NerveGear. Anyway, we go to the room of our main character who’s reading a magazine about the game. Once his sister bids him goodbye and he’s alone at the house, he puts on his NerveGear and logs into the world of SAO.

This is Kazuto Kirigaya, AKA Kirito, our protagonist and the biggest and blandest Gary Stu ever, but we’ll see that in future episodes. After the episode title card, we see Kirito running through the hub town and then someone runs to him.

This here is Ryoutarou Tsuboi AKA Klein. By the manner in which Kirito acted like knowing the surroundings, he deduced he was tester of the beta, to which he agrees. Klein asks Kirito if he can teach him how to play the game and he agrees. Next scene we see the two fighting some boars while Kirito explains the game mechanics. At sunset, they get to admire how the game looks so realistic and Klein decides to log out but he sees the log off option is gone, Kirito checks his menu and sees the same happened to his. Klein tries to take his NerveGear off, but Kirito explains him that the helmet blocks most of your brainwaves so you can stay quiet playing the game. In that moment both are transported to the hub world alongside every other player in the game and a figure appears from the sky.

This is Arihiko Kayaba, the game programmer, who makes who makes the game opening ceremony by telling the people that he removed the log off button and they are now trapped inside the game. Oh, and if they die in-game, the NerveGear will fry their brains and kill them. And no one can remove it from the exterior because the result will be the same and 213 already died. He then makes more exposition about if they want to log off, the only way will be clearing the game, all 100 floors of it. Then proceeds to turn all of the players avatars into their real selves. Finally before going he says in a nutshell that he did this to play God. Naturally most people panic.

Kirito then drags Klein to an alley where he wants him to go with him and because beta tester he knows how to grind. Klein however, has some friends also trapped in the game and plans to go with them, he invites Kirito to join his guild, but he refuses. The episode ends with Kirito running though a field and fighting some enemies, internally exclaiming he will survive.

After the credits, we have a scene that tells us that during the 1st month, 2000 people have died and the first floor hasn’t been completed yet.
Now, as you may know sometimes where this anime has been brought up here I have said only the first two episodes are good. Honestly I still stand to that point.

This episode as the first, does its job pretty well, it introduces some of the important characters, sets up the world (Aincrad), explains the game’s mechanics and sets up the plot.

While Kirito isn’t completely defined as a character, that’s forgivable for this occasion because it’s the start (for the rest of the series however, it’s not).

However, it’s not perfect.

Mostly because of the presentation of the death game is… odd. It feels really out of place how the sky bleeds a hooded figure who then explains he wants to be God while sci-fi music plays. I’m not kidding, that’s how he presents himself.

Also at one point of the episode Kirito says in the beta he got to the 8th floor in two months… then how is it that a moth has passed and they’re in the 1st floor? And how is it that out of 10000 people 2000 already died?

Let’s assume more of the beta testers came back for the finished version. It’s said that there 1000, so If all are present that means besides Kirito there’s other 999 people out there knowing better what to do, and even if not all are in the game, I’m pretty sure there must be more aside Kirito. So truly, I find that 2000 people dead is exaggerated.

Besides those few plot holes however, this episode is still good and enjoyable. Shame it had to be of this specific series.

Also I know I promised I would post this yesterday, but I was busy with exams.

Next review: Episode 2 - Beater.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
ok, so first complaints, the music are compressed as heck.

Like, they are ogg files compressed to 80kbps.....I can notice a difference easily at 128kbps and 192kbps if I heard the track a lot.

Basically, it plainly sucks. I have open back headphones and nothing comes out of the back.....that tell you how awful it is.

luckilly, the game is probably hardcoded because the source files are in the same folder as the exe which can allow me to change them and possibly give people the files if you wanted to mess with it (it will be more annoying to download, but the music suck SO MUCH).

Also, idk if it works on controller, but I might have to tweak my GC controller stuff.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom