• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I like watching reaction videos of really awesome bits in games.

Am I bringing up the Wonderful 101 and EarthBound endings? Yes I am.

Soul.

I honestly don't get what's so important about spoilers

"NO! YOU JUST SPOILED THIS! UGH........"

meanwhile im like "lol whatever"

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Oh btw, to anyone who say tas is cheating....please go to tasvideo.org and read their page on what is tas and why tas will exist.

It is objectively NOT cheating. The goal is to actually byopass the limits of humans. That's it, they even try to have everything theorically possible on a real machine. In fact, they even made hardware validation where the input sequence are put into a hardware that is read by the console to validate that the tas CAN be possible.

It is to show the very limtis of the game and opens MANY possibilities that a human CANNOT do. In ind waker, you need dry storage (a glitch) to do a thing called superswim if you are human. However, the real truth is you could press the stick up and down 30 times per seconds in water and do superswim without storage.

What this actulaly reveals is interesting because dry storage lock the camera. So, when you are in water pushing up will for a split seconds go up then down and up....exactly what you need to do superswim and you only held the button.

Doing frame advance to input these things IS NOT CHEATING. It is only to make human skill unlimited and this has many benefit.

As for ram watch, ONLY read in tas, but writting to the ram is never done in any tas. They use this to investigate the game and trust me on this one, I know CE usage on dolphin a lot and I can clearly tell you, in tas, they only have a ram watch to moinitor the value. One example is the speed, if the game has growing speed like sm64, you want to monitor the value to be the max possible EVERY FRAMES. Still not cheating because you could do it, but a human in front of a machine cannot.

I just wanted to make this clear because tas had this unfortunate reputation that is just bad. Some tas that involves cheating are not even official and are considered "for fun:.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I avoid spoilers if possible, particularly in plot-heavy games like RPGs and VNs. Others... not so much.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I honestly don't get what's so important about spoilers

"NO! YOU JUST SPOILED THIS! UGH........"

meanwhile im like "lol whatever"
Because people like to be surprised by plot twists and just generally what a fictional work has to offer.

D

Deleted member

I never cared for spoilers or anything. I just play the game and enjoy it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Since we still got the Pokken thread title, here's something I just whipped up

mentos.png

I'll never look at Machamp the same way again.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I think I spoiled everyone here on Fire Emblem Fates. Although the only people who cared about the game didn't care about spoilers, so no big loss there.

Since we still got the Pokken thread title, here's something I just whipped up

View attachment 69560

I'll never look at Machamp the same way again.
This is just perfect.

Last edited:

Soul.

Did they upload the Pokkén invitational videos yet on YouTube?

I'm still salty at the removal of the 3DS rankings
the last thing the 3DS community needs is to keep being neglected no matter where they go. muh Wii U and controller johns!

R0Y

Smash Master
I think I spoiled everyone here on Fire Emblem Fates. Although the only people who cared about the game didn't care about spoilers, so no big loss there.
Hmm, if it was just about the (creepy) incest and (legit but questionable) aimee stuff I wanted to see just how far Nintendo (well Intelligent Systems) was willing to go.

They went far.... Bit of a shame the game will almost certainly be censored outside Japan though.

If there were more spoilers I'm amazed I avoided them. Have a tornado of feels as my thanks

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
You can say that to a large handful of other characters too though.

Besides the ballot hasn't ended yet.
I mean the fact that other characters are also doing well doesn't mean SK isn't. Good point on the ballot not ending though, I suspect we won't get ballot characters until late next year. Still, there's always the small chance of him getting in without the ballot...

Neo Zero

Did they upload the Pokkén invitational videos yet on YouTube?

I'm still salty at the removal of the 3DS rankings
the last thing the 3DS community needs is to keep being neglected no matter where they go. muh Wii U and controller johns!
3DS and Online were never used. Through my entire time as Rankings Admin, those 3 have a combined total of 5 events (3DS offline having none). We tried to make pushes but the interest wasn't there, so we're refocusing our efforts.

Soul.

3DS and Online were never used. Through my entire time as Rankings Admin, those 3 have a combined total of 5 events (3DS offline having none). We tried to make pushes but the interest wasn't there, so we're refocusing our efforts.
i mean, i'm not that salty (as in stupidly angry). it's sad that no one bothered using them.
I just hope this doesn't lead to "LOL 3DS IS DEAD" **** haha

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Hmm, if it was just about the (creepy) incest and (legit but questionable) aimee stuff I wanted to see just how far Nintendo (well Intelligent Systems) was willing to go.
Yeah, I spoiled third path stuff too.

D

Deleted member

i mean, i'm not that salty (as in stupidly angry). it's sad that no one bothered using them.
Next thing you know will be the removal of the entire 3DS boards. :troll:

Neo Zero

It's a struggle man. We often have to upload a lot of Nationals ourselves because the TO's generally don't care. We're working on ways to change that, which we'll announce soon (be they TO or player perks).

My end goal is to have the rankings become all encompassing though (currently in the works is having world rankings AND region/country rankings) to be used as a resource for tier discussion, as well for things such as seeding and PR purposes. When somethings been neglected/ignored for so long though, it's definitely hard to turn that around, but we try our hardest and in the end, that's all we can do (considering this is all volunteer work not for ourselves but for the community)

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Did any of you see that Metroid demo using Unreal 4?

Samus's blaster looks wonky in first person, but the demo looks really sharp. In third person her run looks kind of goofy too.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

Samus's blaster looks wonky in first person, but the demo looks really sharp. In third person her run looks kind of goofy too.

It kinda bugs me that they just used one of the default maps. Samus's model was great, though.

D

Deleted member

Well, her animations need some work, but the demo looks good for the most part.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hello guys!....
I cant sleep because of a ****ing mosquito that i can't kill. So i am back for some moment.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, actually this is funny, but that fangame was released near a year ago and I thought it was a hack of sm3d land....but it actually just runs on pc ")

.....exe unfortunately for me, but the thing is, it appears to run flawlessly on wine.....seriously, it just happens to work....

So, you know what?

I will actually play it tonight :)

For those of you who are interested, here:

http://www.mfgg.net/?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=30485

Btw, this site is awesome, several rips of the games were first found here and actually, the hey gorgeous font on my dropbox is based on someone's version from that site.

Anyway, who would be interested to play that?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, actually this is funny, but that fangame was released near a year ago and I thought it was a hack of sm3d land....but it actually just runs on pc ")

.....exe unfortunately for me, but the thing is, it appears to run flawlessly on wine.....seriously, it just happens to work....

So, you know what?

I will actually play it tonight :)

For those of you who are interested, here:

http://www.mfgg.net/?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=30485

Btw, this site is awesome, several rips of the games were first found here and actually, the hey gorgeous font on my dropbox is based on someone's version from that site.

Anyway, who would be interested to play that?
Tomorrow is Sunday, so I might give it a try.

I used to download a lot of games from there. Good times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom